Thread: Screen freezes

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Screen freezes

Hi everyone.
    I have a problem with PC2 on PC.
    I play through Steam, with a Logitech G29.
    Playing in the trajectory mode sometimes happens that at any moment of the race the screen freezes and the sound continues to be heard. After a few seconds the screen turns black and the sound continues to work. Even the steering wheel commands keep responding if I accelerate, pause, or whatever. The only option I have is to go back to the desktop and close the game window directly.

Any suggestion?

Windows 10
    i7 4790K 4.00GHz
    AMD Radeon R9 380 Series
    24GB RAM DDR3

These are my performance settings. Sorry for the language...

https: //postimg.cc/tYjGJp3N

Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    It looks the graphic card. Try to monitor the GPU temp while playing or make an undeclock to confirm.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply! Sorry, but what is an undeclock?

Platform
    PC
    Sorry, I write it wrong. Underclock is the opposite to overclock.
    PCARS2 is very demanding in GPU and lowering a bit the GPU frecuency, could help in some scenarios to improve stability.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Platform
    PC
    If the screen freezes and/or goes black but the game is still playing in the background, likely the graphics/video driver has "stopped responding". If you check your Windows Event logs, you might see something logged around that time stating something like "display driver has stopped responding". Typically this is a driver issue. First thing to check is to see if you are on the latest driver for your GPU. If you are on the latest driver, you might need to look into what Asturbo is suggesting which is to downclock your video. You'll need to use something like MSI Afterburner:

Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips