PDA

View Full Version : The Project CARS Setup Database Is Open For Business!

Rob Prange
02-07-2015, 21:37
Have you created a Project CARS vehicle setup that helped lowering your lap times and you'd like to share it with the community? Or are you simply wondering what all those sliders and buttons do?

Either way, the brand new Project CARS Setup Database (http://projectcarssetups.eu) is the perfect destination!

More info can be found on the Project CARS website:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/the-project-cars-setup-database-is-open-for-business

RimanDk
02-07-2015, 22:16
Thanks Rob! Feels amazing to make the frontpage! =)

Thread dedicated to the website for community feedback, feature updates etc: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups . Don't be shy and come hang out any time, guys! =)

MillsLayne
02-07-2015, 22:24
I love this! I'm somewhat a dummy when it comes to fully understanding how each part and aspect affects the handling of my car. And also, seeing as how every car is a little bit different, this makes it even harder. At least some of these setups could be good starting points to try out and then tweak for my driving style.

TMoney
02-07-2015, 22:28
This is so awesome I can't even begin to explain it. Amazing work to everyone involved so many people will appreciate this. Looks so professional it should read "Official". :)

Now to find a way to import or load setups directly from in game. Is it even possible? That would really put the icing on the cake.

jason
03-07-2015, 00:06
Well done guys Extremely Helpful for people like myself with a child and Wife with limited time to test and Tune ....

Thank you .

RAVEracer
03-07-2015, 00:55
Thank you so much for this perfect tool. I saw this site earlier... and then it went down and I was like oh. But now it's back and I'm a happy chap :cool:

JessicaWalter
03-07-2015, 01:25
sweet. bookmarked!

xautos
03-07-2015, 05:03
back in the f1c days, i used to rely on shiyan's setups to get victory, most of the time i could drive the car to its limits and find nothing more and on occasion the car was slightly too understeery, however i have not seen a complete setup of all tracks since.

Voxen
03-07-2015, 07:05
Glad to see this implemented, as a developper I was thinking about building such a tool myself ;)

Some suggestions for improvement :
- add the weather condition to a setup => a setup for wet is not the same as a setup for dry
- add a track to a setup => a setup for monza is not the same as a setup for monaco (azure)
- add a type to a setup => a setup for qualifying is not the same as a setup for race

Then add those to your filtering.
So if one wants to qualify on silverstone with a formula A he can filter with those criteria and see all setups that match.

This is what I'd have done ;)

Fanatest
03-07-2015, 07:31
Love the idea of this, however it doesn't appear to function (or function well) on iOS? :(

odemode
03-07-2015, 07:37
Great idea but as above, I can not seem to getthe site to open.

FA RACING 01
03-07-2015, 07:54
Best invention since the phone was invented by mr. Bell. Very much appreciated.

RimanDk
03-07-2015, 08:11
Love the idea of this, however it doesn't appear to function (or function well) on iOS?

Great idea but as above, I can not seem to getthe site to open.

Yeah, the site is not ready for mobile yet. That requires a different plan/strategy, which I am working on, but haven't finalized yet. You can use it comfortably with any device that declares a width of at least 960px. Below that, the site has trouble. Be mindful that high-res mobiles declare half the screen size than the resolution they have. So even though they might have 768px screen width in portrait mode, to the website they only have 384px. Similarly, if you take a tablet like an iPad 3 and use it in landscape mode, you should be fine. In portrait you will have issues.

Support below 960px width is coming. It's just not there yet. Similarly the calculator is coming and I have a few more goodies in the bag I also want to add.. I prioritized giving people access now, so they had a resource they could use, to having everything 100% feature perfect. Going for the bells and whistles release would have meant this site would not have seen the light of day for another month or two. I know pCars is very challenging to play for a lot of people out there and I know how much of a difference a good setup can make for those people. Rather than them throwing out the game because they couldn't find the support they wanted/needed, I thought I would give them a (more than) reasonably working tool right now and keep iterating over it post-release together with Jussi and Niklas. So far it's working great, but it does unfortunataly require a bit of patience from you guys, as not everything is entirely finished and we do update things frequently.

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 08:18
I've been using this site for a week or so now, it's simply brilliant and a great way to store, amend tunes without getting confused and lost. The ability to compare two is extremely helpful.

Thanks to the sites dev, couldn't play Pcars without it now!

Spliffyclyro
03-07-2015, 08:56
I just visited the site and all i can say is that it's fantastic. An absolute belter thanks.

Mascot
03-07-2015, 09:14
And this thread isn't stickied because..?

RimanDk
03-07-2015, 09:26
And this thread isn't stickied because..?

THIS thread is just an announcement in the news section. The thread dedicated to the website and its betterment (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups) is in fact stickied! =)

Sean_S36
03-07-2015, 09:37
How do we download the setup file and where does it install too? thank you

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 09:38
When does unofficial setups become official setups website?

Come on Ian Bell make it happen

ian2726
03-07-2015, 10:16
Straight into the bookmarks at the top no less.
Well done and thank you to all involved in this.
* have an internet star
@)------ and a rose to give to your significant other.

daddyboosive
03-07-2015, 10:34
It would be good if it was optimised for mobile phones too.

RimanDk
03-07-2015, 10:38
How do we download the setup file and where does it install too? thank you

You don't and it doesn't =). There is currently no direct integration with the game. It is not possible outside of hacking the binary profile file, which I think is illegal and a helluvalot of work. Also, who would trust me to hack a setup into their profile file? Sensitive stuff in there!

No5k1ll
03-07-2015, 10:58
Thanks for the Database, i've already added my Nordschleife Setup for Bentley Cont. GT3 -06:48:845 in TT

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 11:04
Thanks for the Database, i've already added my Nordschleife Setup for Bentley Cont. GT3 -06:48:845 in TT
I shall try that, cheers what control did you use, wheel or DS4?

No5k1ll
03-07-2015, 11:16
Hi jimmy, i am a wheel driver, i use a T300 GTE

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 11:25
Hi jimmy, i am a wheel driver, i use a T300 GTE

Cheers could you add that in tags so its easier to know cheers, ill try it anyway

No5k1ll
03-07-2015, 11:46
Yes of course, I have supplemented it.

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 12:06
Just a quick question, I was looking at the Formula gulf I think set ups and it gives the default ones first but that is just for tires and a few others yes?

View setups button just below images of the car

RimanDk
03-07-2015, 12:38
Just a quick question, I was looking at the Formula gulf I think set ups and it gives the default ones first but that is just for tires and a few others yes?

When you visit a car, you land on its default setup, yeah - the full default setup. If there are setups for that car, you then also have a button to the bottom left, which shoots out the setup drawer, from which you can pick a user-made setup to view.

flynny75
03-07-2015, 12:43
This gets official endorsement, And VDash (the second most viewed app thread in WMD) is still pretty much the only app that doesn't even get a place in the Apps page (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html). It's alright, only more than 6 months late. Perhaps Andy T hasn't finished his Christmas dinner yet.

:mad:

transfix
03-07-2015, 12:48
What a great addition ! Just keeps getting better ;)

Seps1974
03-07-2015, 14:29
Great job :encouragement:

Fre.Mo
03-07-2015, 14:35
Congratulations, awesome looking!

Flaw3dGenius
03-07-2015, 15:04
Great stuff, Coming from Forza i have found the PCars community are alot more secretive and are not a fan of sharing tunes so this will come in handy!

MrLiister
03-07-2015, 16:17
Absolutely fantastic tool, I chose a setup for the FA on Silverstone, used it on Dubai and shaved 3 seconds on the second lap! Well done, and what a game!

Pirategenius
03-07-2015, 16:31
The site is great thanks. But as fanatest States is terrible on iOS. As I play mainly on console and use my phone to access the forumn and the setups is there a way to optimise the site for this operating system? Or could you produce an excel spread sheet like that has been done for JackSpades FFB settings? Or a free app

hornet66
03-07-2015, 17:30
Great looking app,but why cant i see all the way to the bottom of the screen?It wont let me scroll down so all i can view is from Alpine to Marek.Cant scroll down for the bottom sections of set-ups either.Any ideas?

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 18:22
The site is great thanks. But as fanatest States is terrible on iOS. As I play mainly on console and use my phone to access the forumn and the setups is there a way to optimise the site for this operating system? Or could you produce an excel spread sheet like that has been done for JackSpades FFB settings? Or a free app

They are working on mobile friendly version but its not the eorkmof a moment works fine on tablet ios or Android in landscape view.

Check its own thread stickied in the setup section

Pirategenius
03-07-2015, 18:44
Thanks I will do

SchnauzahPowah
03-07-2015, 22:20
Hell yeah! Thanks guys. This is a must-have that will see a boat load of use.

madmax2069
03-07-2015, 22:30
The page doesn't display too well on Mobile devices, the entire right side of the page is cut off (cant see all of the setup info).

jimmyb_84
03-07-2015, 23:18
The page doesn't display too well on Mobile devices, the entire right side of the page is cut off (cant see all of the setup info).

see hear message from developers of the site

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups&p=1029518&viewfull=1#post1029518

321Respawn
03-07-2015, 23:45
Very nice I am going to try some set ups and see if they are better than my own .

Umer Ahmad
04-07-2015, 03:43
Excellent work. Community Powah!

Dety72
04-07-2015, 15:37
Thank you guys for this helpful database ! Great work ! :eagerness:

TSells31
05-07-2015, 05:49
One suggestion, possibly a comments section. That way people who have used the setups can comment and say if they found that particular setup loose (oversteer), tight (understeer), easy to drive, hard to drive, or "I adjusted this to x and it really improved y". Would be useful imo.

PowerCRUX
05-07-2015, 06:50
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!What a super idea!!!

PureMalt77
05-07-2015, 09:52
What about having an in-game "Load Setup from Web" option? Provide the user auth for the web site in the game and there you go!
Would be already a big win even if is only downloading, so for changes you use your PC/Tablet, change, and simply refresh in the game...
My dream of car setups stored in the cloud coming into reality ;)

marti1
05-07-2015, 10:42
Good idea, now it would also be a good idea to do the same for wheel setup's

Shiftdel
05-07-2015, 10:55
Thanks for this great setup database.
Much appreciated and keep up the great work :applause:

Rhime
06-07-2015, 03:33
Dumb question? How do we input the numbers..by alt tabbing back and forth from this page to our car settings? Is there another way?
I can't seem to copy/paste either..

RimanDk
06-07-2015, 07:18
Dumb question? How do we input the numbers..by alt tabbing back and forth from this page to our car settings? Is there another way?
I can't seem to copy/paste either..

That's one way to do it. I would recommend running the site on a second device, though. A tablet, if possible, or a second screen. If you run the game on pc and only have that one pc and that one screen available, I would suggest using the steam browser instead. It's less tedious to shift-tab than to alt-tab (the game works fine with the steam overlay, but has issues alt-tabbing. At least on my pc).

sirsilver1968
06-07-2015, 14:32
Amazing work bloody fantastic, ive struggled to get the optimum car setup and now this database will be a godsend.

Rhime
06-07-2015, 21:12
That's one way to do it. I would recommend running the site on a second device, though. A tablet, if possible, or a second screen. If you run the game on pc and only have that one pc and that one screen available, I would suggest using the steam browser instead. It's less tedious to shift-tab than to alt-tab (the game works fine with the steam overlay, but has issues alt-tabbing. At least on my pc).

Thanks! The tablet idea works well..:)

Azure Flare
08-07-2015, 03:39
Very nice. However, it doesn't seem to work very well for mobile devices.

F1_Racer68
16-07-2015, 19:31
@RimanDk,

First, if I haven't said it already, fantastic job. I've built something similar in the past for my own use, but no tot this level of "eye candy". It looks absolutely amazing, along with being very functional. I also really like the fact that you can make the setups private. It's great that you allow us to store setups on this site that we might not want to share publicly (some of us need all the edge we can get :D )

I was wondering if you could give us any idea on a timeline on when the "Setup Calculator" may be available? While I consider myself a pretty good tuner, and I understand the theory behind most of it, having a calculator that gives you a solid baseline setup just helps save time. I've been tuning for years in many different sims (back to the original GTR at least), but these days I just don't have the time to do all the manual number crunching to get to that initial starting point.

Fanatest
16-07-2015, 20:26
Very nice. However, it doesn't seem to work very well for mobile devices.

iPad Mini Retina support would be great ;)

F1_Racer68
16-07-2015, 20:57
iPad Mini Retina support would be great ;)

Works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10" and my wife's Tab3 7" (Sorry, couldn't resist. Just had to start the Android vs. Apple war :D )

Spitfire77
16-07-2015, 21:01
Just saying thanks and that this is a great resource! :yes:

Fanatest
16-07-2015, 21:10
Works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10" and my wife's Tab3 7" (Sorry, couldn't resist. Just had to start the Android vs. Apple war :D )

It's crazy that it works on a 1024x600 7" mobile screen, but doesn't work on a 2048x1536 tablet screen, I wonder if that's a safari specific issue... off to try another browser!

Edit:
Works (poorly/clunky) in Puffin, Photon and a few others :(
I'll wait for proper iOS/Safari support (or an app) and stick with my poor ole xls for now ;)

F1_Racer68
16-07-2015, 22:06
It's crazy that it works on a 1024x600 7" mobile screen, but doesn't work on a 2048x1536 tablet screen, I wonder if that's a safari specific issue... off to try another browser!

Edit:
Works (poorly/clunky) in Puffin, Photon and a few others :(
I'll wait for proper iOS/Safari support (or an app) and stick with my poor ole xls for now ;)

See? Android is better :D (just kidding).

It's good to know that it appears to be more of a browser issue than a platform issue. I'm sure that will make it easier to address (maybe).

I like the idea of an app front end. Might actually be easier than trying to address different issues with multiple browsers.

cmch15
16-07-2015, 22:10
It complains of "a long running script" in IE desktop and metro, notably on view setups "by user". Had this once with a site that was Joomla based, the answer was use Firefox at the time and it was fine. I have yet to try other browser.

RimanDk
18-07-2015, 10:39
@RimanDk,

First, if I haven't said it already, fantastic job. I've built something similar in the past for my own use, but no tot this level of "eye candy". It looks absolutely amazing, along with being very functional. I also really like the fact that you can make the setups private. It's great that you allow us to store setups on this site that we might not want to share publicly (some of us need all the edge we can get :D )

I was wondering if you could give us any idea on a timeline on when the "Setup Calculator" may be available? While I consider myself a pretty good tuner, and I understand the theory behind most of it, having a calculator that gives you a solid baseline setup just helps save time. I've been tuning for years in many different sims (back to the original GTR at least), but these days I just don't have the time to do all the manual number crunching to get to that initial starting point.

Really glad you like it and that it is useful to people out there. The first iteration of mobile support should be coming out next week, bar any catastrophies or illness. After that I expect to spend a week on comments or so, while dealing with the fallout from the mobile support. A rough estimate would be that I'll start working on the calculator in a couple of weeks from now. Meanwhile, Jussi did release the spreadsheet version here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups&p=1033985&viewfull=1#post1033985

@cmch15 - does this occur on your profile page as well?

cmch15
18-07-2015, 18:17
@cmch15 - does this occur on your profile page as well?

Hi RimanDK, I hope my post did not seem abrupt, it was just a carry on from the posts above regards various browsers. It is a really handy tool, thank you.

The answer is yes, it does it whether logged in or not. It is all a bit slow but when you go 'byuser' it brings up the error and will not load at all.

Edit: It does load in IE Metro but still has the 'long running script' error.

ImStylinOnYaBro
18-07-2015, 20:03
i have a question w/ setups. i applied a setup for z4 at hockenheim, and when u go to save it, there is an "all" and "circuits" options, i check the circuits, then hit r1 or r2 to pan over to the right and every circuit is checked. i unchecked all but hockenhei layouts. if i would want to put a zolder setup on the z4, do i just select the z4, new setup, and do the same thing but select only zolder in the circuit list? then if i take the car to hockenheim it will automatically keep the hockenheim setup, and if i o to zolder i wont need to switch it, it will automatically have zolder?

RimanDk
19-07-2015, 21:21
i have a question w/ setups. i applied a setup for z4 at hockenheim, and when u go to save it, there is an "all" and "circuits" options, i check the circuits, then hit r1 or r2 to pan over to the right and every circuit is checked. i unchecked all but hockenhei layouts. if i would want to put a zolder setup on the z4, do i just select the z4, new setup, and do the same thing but select only zolder in the circuit list? then if i take the car to hockenheim it will automatically keep the hockenheim setup, and if i o to zolder i wont need to switch it, it will automatically have zolder?

If you save a setup ingame for a specific track, that setup will load whenever you bring that car to that track. If you save a setup to ALL, it will load that setup on all tracks. What Jussi and I typically do is that we find a good baseline and save that for ALL. Then, when we get on a specific track, we tune for that track and save the setup for that specific track.

ImStylinOnYaBro
20-07-2015, 17:49
thank you, wonderful thing this - not having to do a setup every time you go to a track. :) i think i was doing it a tad wrong, i selected tracks, then scrolled over and all tracks were checked and i had ot uncheck them. what i want to do is just scroll over first so i only have to check the tracks i want, rather than unchecking all?

RimanDk
21-07-2015, 07:01
Yup. Uncheck All tracks and just select the one(s) you want

ImStylinOnYaBro
22-07-2015, 07:33
thanks. works a treat !

jaymondo
14-09-2015, 12:13
Great news, this will be perfect once the game supports download & load and save.

Thanks to all for putting the effort in and publishing your setups, guys like me who don't understand it all really benefit from your work.

I Just don't fancy typing info in like one of those listings pages in a 1990s computer mag, so will continue waiting for the next patch in hope

jaymondo
21-11-2015, 19:40
ok, maybe even the next patch..