PDA

View Full Version : [HowTo] Companion App - UDP Streaming

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Fil140
19-11-2015, 00:54
How strong the language used to say up yours to all other console racing games, 1=ha ha GT7 - 9=F**** you AC.
Lolz,no??

SUBGTRACER
19-11-2015, 00:59
lol ! ^^

Keithb23
19-11-2015, 02:04
Guys, it's page numbers for dash screens. I'm guessing the initial release will support 9 different dash displays and you swipe between them. :confused:

Ramiboo
19-11-2015, 08:18
I'm thinking it's either frequency, like packets per second. Or maybe an information level, like a debug level. Level 9 would include things like how sweaty the driver has become or how big are the skid marks in his pants!!! :D

I'm really looking forward to this, I can now do a back to back from the PC to the PS4 and send the data to the same telemetry App!! Compare laps from 2 platforms on the same display. Pretty cool SMS, and the devs of the apps of course. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Can I get a quick clarification on whether this will be Multicast or Broadcast? My preference is always Multi but it probably requires a little bit more knowledge. I'll be sniffing my network later so I'll probably work that out. It normally smells pretty nice BTW!

MikeyTT
19-11-2015, 12:12
Can I get a quick clarification on whether this will be Multicast or Broadcast?

It's a Broadcast, so any device on the subnet the game is running on can receive the UDP stream in theory. Phone, Tablet, PC, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, IoT, and a host of others too I'm sure.

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 12:19
You can test your apps live now against the PC 6.1 patch.

Not sure (yet) what the 1-9 buttons do, but i know the OFF option doesnt work hehe. As soon as i loaded Project Cars i was detecting packets on 5606. I verified UDP is OFF in the settings, but there is 1367 bytes being transmitted every 70ms. The packet is completely blank (0x00) EXCEPT for the sequence number is being populated.

For those who wanted to know, its a full broadcast to 255.255.255.255

Now im going to see what those 1-9 options do, my moneys on TX rate

jimmyb_84
19-11-2015, 12:24
It's getting to that time that I'm going to have to see what apps will be PS4 compatible and make a choice.

I fancy a LMP1 dash on Samsung tablet (nice and big letter/numbers) plus also want something to run on my MacBook for viewing/recording as much data as I want ;) I love data

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 12:24
I've had a play this morning and it all looks good. Not mucked about with those 1-9 things because they surely can't be anything other than packet rate (wouldn't it have been sensible to document it in the UI?). The stream looks good, I've updated my app to fix some issues and it appears to work well :)

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 12:32
Tested a setting of 1, 16ms tx rate, 5 and 9 are also a tx rate of 16ms.. so i guess its not that.

@Tim, 16ms fixed TX rate is too fast, it will limit the usable mobile devices to more high end ones. I think this needs to be slower or ideally adjustable. Ive found 50ms will work fine with pretty much any device and still have a smooth update rate. Those doing high end recording and post race telemetry analysis might want/need a higher rate, but those apps often run on PC's which tend to have alot more grunt (cpu and gpu).

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 12:34
My guess would be that the 1-9 is an ID that gets embedded somewhere in the data so that people with multiple Project Cars running at once (eg friends playing on same LAN) can have different identifiable data streams for their telemetry apps

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 12:36
Now that *is* a good guess :)

16ms is more frequent than my stuff would ever need, but 50ms might be pushing it a bit for the spotter when you're blasting along at 200mph. Perhaps somewhere in between?

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 12:54
mTelemetryData.sParticipantInfo[i].sLapsCompleted=((u8)min(pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mLapsCompleted, 127))|(pMemoryExtras->mLapInvalidated[i]?128:0); // u32+bool->u8 (top bit is lap invalidated)

@Tim, the lap invalidated status in participant info struct (mentioned above) isn't working, was this included in the 6.1 patch?

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 13:46
Now that *is* a good guess :)

16ms is more frequent than my stuff would ever need, but 50ms might be pushing it a bit for the spotter when you're blasting along at 200mph. Perhaps somewhere in between?

The thing is the optimum TX rate varies per device and per application. Telemetry loggers would likely want the fast tx, but mobile devices running apps like mine which can have high res (eg 1536x2048) screens (such as my iPad3) have alot of rendering overheads to also handle along with the telemetry feed. At the same time, its not just about whats being drawn, but its tracking all the timing for all players, tracking the graph points for the graph analysis screens etc. On a PC this really isnt a problem, but there is a HUGE difference in performance between mobile devices, especially android. I really think a TX slider or setting is the best approach here so it can be set to the optimal value for whatever companion apps and hardware are being used.

To add to that, imagine having 3 sibblings with their own PS4/XB1 all playing pCars together and all trying to stream telemetry. At the fixed 16ms rate x 3 consoles, thats alot of network traffic. Or even worse, a larger number people at one of those LAN parties...

Being able to set the target IP would be great, then you could use broadcast or targeted traffic, but i dont think that was an option (not sure if it was a first party restriction, or just a time/effort/ui restriction)

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 13:49
I would think that the tx rate is more down to the ability of the network to cope without choking. If a client app doesn't need a packet every 16ms surely that's down to the client app developer to process only some of the packets (every 5th packet or whatever) and discard the others? Receiving a packet and silently ignoring / discarding it is surely a very simple and quick process that even a low-end device would be able to do very quickly

cjorgens79
19-11-2015, 13:54
I would think that the tx rate is more down to the ability of the network to cope without choking. If a client app doesn't need a packet every 16ms surely that's down to the client app developer to process only some of the packets (every 5th packet or whatever) and discard the others? Receiving a packet and silently ignoring / discarding it is surely a very simple and quick process that even a low-end device would be able to do very quickly

yeah that's an option, one would need to at least partially process every packet to work out its type because you wouldn't want to be dropping the strings ones as they aren't sent very often.

Tim Mann
19-11-2015, 13:59
The UDP option is data rate, but as you've probably noticed it isn't working quite right on PC, this has been traced and fixed now. The data rates are:

// 60,50,40,30,20,15,10,5,1

Thanks for testing chaps, if there is anything else then please do shout now. I'm trying to verify if that flag made it into the patch, it's certainly appearing in my local data stream.

* when changing the setting you need to back-out of the menu so it saves.

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 13:59
Good point, but inspecting that tiny chunk isn't going to be too expensive.

I guess having this stuff out on the PC will give us the chance to provide some input into these things before it's released on the consoles

Tim Mann
19-11-2015, 14:37
@Tim, the lap invalidated status in participant info struct (mentioned above) isn't working, was this included in the 6.1 patch?

It wasn't.

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 14:41
so 9 should be 60Hz and 1 1Hz? Or is it the other way round?

Looking forward to my prize, particularly the solid gold house.

Tim Mann
19-11-2015, 14:42
I'll give you a ride in the chopper, 9 is the slowest.

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 15:03
Thanks for the offer but I'd sh!t meself and make a right mess. I'll just stick to the solid gold house.

How long are we likely to have to report any issues to allow time for the fixes to make the 7.0 console patch?

RomKnight
19-11-2015, 15:23
I'll take the offer then :D

Next time I'll go to UK that is... :(

Fre.Mo
19-11-2015, 15:59
could you post some videos of these apps running?

TheReaper GT
19-11-2015, 16:05
could you post some videos of these apps running?

http://youtu.be/gikiA4Wb3rc

http://youtu.be/-PQwALKGpMk

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 16:10
Need to make a new one of mine to show off the new features and frankly sickeningly bad language

TheReaper GT
19-11-2015, 16:13
Need to make a new one of mine to show off the new features and frankly sickeningly bad language

Bad language is a must. No one would be polite... Hahaha

oscarolim
19-11-2015, 17:40
I need to get a windows 10 tablet, will any of these apps run there? Would be a good usage for it :p

jimmyb_84
19-11-2015, 18:14
question for any of the developers, please excuse my lack of knowledge

would it be possible to auto update a .csv other spreadsheet variants with a small amount of data every time the lap count changes? I thinking things like average lap time, average fuel rate, tyre wear.

Literally it would just need to update probably 4 boxes of info once a lap? very basic setup

Thanks

Fil140
19-11-2015, 20:23
So sorry for being stupid but, i have good reasonably quick sky fiber optic, good up and down and good ping,however,my house is old and the walls are thick, i have many options,ie. Running an e.cable to my ps4 or running an e.cable to an additional router then hard wiring the ps4, my problem is that my rig is is my hallway under the stairs, i want to run two devices with crew chief and dash app and the wifi sometimes drops a lil.
Any advice?does the signal hit the device from the wifi router or the ps4?

SUBGTRACER
19-11-2015, 21:24
Is that running on your xbox Reaper ? or pc at the moment ....

mr_belowski
19-11-2015, 21:26
depends on how you wire it. Unfortunately you'll just have to get stuck in and experiment to see what works best. Obviously ethernet cabling is going to be the most reliable solution. Might be worth considering powerline networking if the wifi's really bad

inthebagbud
19-11-2015, 21:58

Has to be on PC as it's not out on consoles?

TheReaper GT
19-11-2015, 22:29
I need to get a windows 10 tablet, will any of these apps run there? Would be a good usage for it :p
Crew Chief will run flawless, other apps may need a android emulator or a new version. cjorgens already said that it's possible to have a universal app in the future, so that would also run on your tablet.

So sorry for being stupid but, i have good reasonably quick sky fiber optic, good up and down and good ping,however,my house is old and the walls are thick, i have many options,ie. Running an e.cable to my ps4 or running an e.cable to an additional router then hard wiring the ps4, my problem is that my rig is is my hallway under the stairs, i want to run two devices with crew chief and dash app and the wifi sometimes drops a lil.
Any advice?does the signal hit the device from the wifi router or the ps4?
The packets came from the network, your connection needs to be stable for it to work as planed

On PC. On consoles only after 7.0 :D

Fil140
20-11-2015, 13:20
Reaper and belowski, thanks for your help, when can i download crew chief and pcars dash, do i need to wait for them to be updated or can i download the current versions to my experia z and smart first 6? The experia is the original Z and the smart first 6 is android kikat 4.4, will they both be ok??

mr_belowski
20-11-2015, 14:15
Crew Chief only runs on a PC at the moment so you'd need to run it on a laptop or windows tablet. I have started on an Android version but it's a way off yet

KkDrummer
20-11-2015, 15:23
If you guys are looking for a cheap Windows 10 tablet: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O636WJU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00O636WPY&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0D5JGX38CDE9WMTVRWTT

There's two version of it, 7 and 8 inch...

oscarolim
20-11-2015, 17:15
I can say they are good enough. I get one every year, since they come with a 1 year Office 365 and is cheaper to get the tablet :p

SkyyJuice
21-11-2015, 03:12
I sent you thwe lin autthe powerline didint i

mr_belowski
21-11-2015, 11:12
I sent you thwe lin autthe powerline didint i

Eh?

cjorgens79
21-11-2015, 13:22
@Tim - So i have been working on a cool F1 style leaderboard for pCars Dash using the new participant info stuff we have from the console stream. Its coming together really nicely tracking the sectors and lap times from the new lastSectorTime field, except there is one fairly significant problem.. when joining a multiplayer sessions, its quite common that the qualy session is already well underway. This means that when I join I don't have the current fastest lap data for all players that has been set prior to me joining. This results in me either not being able to display a time for them, or possibly displaying the wrong time as the fastest lap i calculate from their sector data may not be their actual fastest lap which was set prior to my joining. Any thoughts on how to resolve this, it would be a shame to not be able to make good and accurate use of the new data we have.

Two possible solutions i can think of
1. When first joining a session, output the best lap time from all participants in the "lastSectorTime" field, with the "Sector" value set as 0. This would occur for x amount of time after joining a session before it outputs the sector data, or perhaps would be set as the default for each player until that player next crosses a sector boundary at which point the sector number and lastSectorTime are updated normally.
2. Output the best lap time with the name (string) packet

Any thoughts or better ideas how this could be resolved? I think option one could work quite well.

Tim Mann
21-11-2015, 15:43
I won't be adding anything further to it now I'm afraid. I'm not certain if/when that data actually gets propagated across the network.

Tim Mann
21-11-2015, 20:43
The first post will shortly be updated with the final struct layout and encoding (which is the same as the last posted a few up), and the project will be marked as completed. It was originally intended just to export the data already in the 'shared memory api', but much more ended up being added which I hope some of you find useful. I'd like to thank everyone who helped with testing and debugging, especially 'mr belowski' & 'cjorgens79' who provided significant assistance.

The stream is available now on PC and will be available on both PS4 and XB1 in patch 7.

jimmyb_84
21-11-2015, 21:54
The first post will shortly be updated with the final struct layout and encoding (which is the same as the last posted a few up), and the project will be marked as completed. It was originally intended just to export the data already in the 'shared memory api', but much more ended up being added which I hope some of you find useful. I'd like to thank everyone who helped with testing and debugging, especially 'mr belowski' & 'cjorgens79' who provided significant assistance.

The stream is available now on PC and will be available on both PS4 and XB1 in patch 7.

Thank you to all, I cannot wait to try this!

Look forward to seeing what apps are available for PS4

mr_belowski
21-11-2015, 22:21
thanks for making this happen Tim :)

transfix
21-11-2015, 22:21
Thank you Tim! You definitely went above and beyond your role to offer up this amazing tool! Can't wait to have it up and running.

Slawek_9
21-11-2015, 22:27
Thank you for your great work ;)

Fre.Mo
21-11-2015, 22:44
I can t wait testing this on ps4, thanks!

SUBGTRACER
22-11-2015, 00:32
Thank you Tim this is one of the most exciting things to happen on a console in regards to racing games , looking forward to this feature .... Very exciting stuff .....

TheReaper GT
22-11-2015, 00:34
Thanks Tim, you rock, brother... I'll name my new dog after you, and that's a big deal :D

hdh
22-11-2015, 00:39
I can't wait for patch 7! I have a galaxy s3 tucked away in a drawer collecting dust. Looks like it will be put to good use now.

cjorgens79
22-11-2015, 12:18

Is there any estimate of when patch 7 would likely be released to the consoles? Ideally I would like to have my app ready to go when patch 7 is released, but it takes a good 2 weeks to get an app update though Apple so having an idea of when patch 7 is likely to be released would be helpful. I'm just looking for an rough idea, not looking for set in stone dates or anything like that.

TheReaper GT
22-11-2015, 13:34
Is there any estimate of when patch 7 would likely be released to the consoles? Ideally I would like to have my app ready to go when patch 7 is released, but it takes a good 2 weeks to get an app update though Apple so having an idea of when patch 7 is likely to be released would be helpful. I'm just looking for an rough idea, not looking for set in stone dates or anything like that.

The patches come around the 15th..

Fre.Mo
22-11-2015, 14:13
Maybe it will be in Santa's bag...

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
22-11-2015, 19:08
Thx Tim, pcars is the first racing game that allows us to use this kind of info on console. My two tablets are ready :-)

SUBGTRACER
23-11-2015, 01:00
I'm ready toooooo !

cjorgens79
23-11-2015, 04:12
The patches come around the 15th..

ok thanks

BistoKid
23-11-2015, 13:20
Thank you Tim and for the people involved, I as many are looking forward to this development.

There is a lot of bitching that goes on about SMS through these forums but this proves that there are decent people supporting this and going out of there way to bring the gamers something beyond the boxed/digital offering.

Roll on Patch no.7 !!

Fil140
23-11-2015, 15:09
I honestly cant see why people feel justified in critisizing sms.Ive seen and heard the arguements and i dont see how anyone has a genuine complaint, theyre straight and upfront with us and apart from the obvious and annoying glitches and issues, theyve given us a bloody good product and they continue to work on updates aswell as dlc. Whats the problem?

TheReaper GT
23-11-2015, 15:11
I honestly cant see why people feel justified in critisizing sms.Ive seen and heard the arguements and i dont see how anyone has a genuine complaint, theyre straight and upfront with us and apart from the obvious and annoying glitches and issues, theyve given us a bloody good product and they continue to work on updates aswell as dlc. Whats the problem?

Same here, I can understand if someone have a complain about something, but some people put so much effort in find the smallest flaws just for the sake of it. I can't imagine the struggle over fallout 4, wrc5 and almost every other recent games communities.... And I don't really wanna know. :D

vince34750
23-11-2015, 15:20
Wow ! I have been expecting this UDP telemetry feature on consoles for ages ! I dream of it, SMS/WMD did it !
I went through the 56 pages briefly, so please forgive me if I missed something.
My interest is on console in order to have a plugin for XSim so gamedashX arduino code gets powered by my PS4 http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/cardashx-tm1638-sketch-for-gamedash.7276/
And also the arduino code for motion simulation http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/new-xpid-software-for-arduino-uno-mega-and-sabertooth-with-lcd.6747/
This will require to create a game plugin for SimEngine. Time to code again has come ! The last UDP frame specification is on the first post ? Is it still possible to get some stream sample to start dev ?
Silly question: port is defined/hardcoded. what about the IP ? I guess I missed the info in the thread.

Once again, thank you !!!!

TheReaper GT
23-11-2015, 15:26
^^ five or six pages back there's a post from Tim with the sample.

vince34750
23-11-2015, 20:32
Thanks. I think I got the last udp.bin
Is there a way to get it in packetsender format ? ( https://packetsender.com/ ) This would make development of apps/plugins easier I think. Otherwise, I'll make captures when v7 comes live on PS4 and post them here :)

jimmyb_84
23-11-2015, 21:12
Thanks. I think I got the last udp.bin
Is there a way to get it in packetsender format ? ( https://packetsender.com/ ) This would make development of apps/plugins easier I think. Otherwise, I'll make captures when v7 comes live on PS4 and post them here :)

just downloaded the same thing, will attempt to receive something. maybe we need a thread, could be a useful "how to"

2stains
24-11-2015, 04:09
Is there any way to run one of these apps without wifi ? My ps4 is connected via cable and have no wifi available csn i connect a tablet to my ps4 and it get data that way ? I don't know anything about this sort of thing , but really hope there is a way .

TheReaper GT
24-11-2015, 07:18
Is there any way to run one of these apps without wifi ? My ps4 is connected via cable and have no wifi available csn i connect a tablet to my ps4 and it get data that way ? I don't know anything about this sort of thing , but really hope there is a way .

You have to have the device connected to the same network.. there's no data via USB... Crew Chief run on PC, you can use it on you computer. You can also use an android emulator like DuOS to run pCars Dash and similar apps..

2stains
24-11-2015, 07:57
Okay thanks, What's DuOs ? and how do i use that without wifi?

cjorgens79
24-11-2015, 13:18
Wow ! I have been expecting this UDP telemetry feature on consoles for ages ! I dream of it, SMS/WMD did it !
I went through the 56 pages briefly, so please forgive me if I missed something.
My interest is on console in order to have a plugin for XSim so gamedashX arduino code gets powered by my PS4 http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/cardashx-tm1638-sketch-for-gamedash.7276/
And also the arduino code for motion simulation http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/new-xpid-software-for-arduino-uno-mega-and-sabertooth-with-lcd.6747/
This will require to create a game plugin for SimEngine. Time to code again has come ! The last UDP frame specification is on the first post ? Is it still possible to get some stream sample to start dev ?
Silly question: port is defined/hardcoded. what about the IP ? I guess I missed the info in the thread.

Once again, thank you !!!!

The UDP stream is broadcast out to 255.255.255.255. Port is hardcoded 5606. I see your signature says Platform: PC, so if you have Project Cars on PC then you can develop/test an interface to the UDP stream using the latest PC version of Project Cars as it was added to the PC 6.1 patch.

vince34750
24-11-2015, 13:58
Thanks for your answer. I need to change my signature then.
I see the benefit of broadcast : have several apps on several devices sharing easily the same data. On the other hand, it implies the client apps will have to filter on source IP : when I will make a LAN party at home with pCars :unconscious: the network will be a bit messed up, as well as the client apps. To isolate this traffic, subnetting + routing would make sense but seems a bit overkill. I have some devices at home which are not too broadcast friendly (arduino with home made UDP stack...) : that will be a good test for them.
To develop the plugin, I'm using your vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream with the latest udp.bin I found on the thread. I changed the values to reflect the latest packet data :
static int telBaseDataSize = 1367;
static int telStringsDataSize = 1347;
static int telStringsAditionalDataSize = 1028;

With those settings, I get an error after 165 packets (in french, sorry):

Error: System.ArgumentException: La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés, encodage 'Unicode (UTF-8)' de secours 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Nom du paramètre*: chars
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
à System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
à System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
à vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream.Program.ReadDataAndSend() dans C:\Users\vthinselin\Google Drive\Loisirs\Playseat\XSim\vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream\vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream\Program.cs:ligne 49
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...

Anything I missed ?

Now, I'll focus on isolating the data needed for motion sim (roll/pitch/yaw + heave/sway/surge):
f32 sOrientation[3]; // 136
f32 sLocalVelocity[3]; // 148
f32 sWorldVelocity[3]; // 160
f32 sAngularVelocity[3]; // 172
f32 sLocalAcceleration[3]; // 184
f32 sWorldAcceleration[3]; // 196
f32 sExtentsCentre[3]; // 208

Thanks.

TrueNOS2
24-11-2015, 15:05
C'mon patch 7.0 for PS4. Maybe patch 6.5? Great efforts guys! Thanks for the dedication. Really looking forward to this interface.

madmax2069
24-11-2015, 16:04
Okay thanks, What's DuOs ? and how do i use that without wifi?

Ethernet cable

WizardOfOz
24-11-2015, 19:42
Agreed, congrats to the team for making this possible for console users .. Bring on the next patch so i can monitor damage

All i need now is to find a good app for my ipad or android tablets

pock1910
24-11-2015, 20:40
Has anyone already implemented the reading of UDP stream with C#/.Net ?

Crisis Nine
25-11-2015, 08:26
Is there any way that this could be used on PS4 to drive the effects of a Buttkicker?

GForce
25-11-2015, 14:01
Is the 15th december as release date of patch 7.0 alredy official confirmed?

Cu
GForce

MikeyTT
25-11-2015, 15:47
Has anyone already implemented the reading of UDP stream with C#/.Net ?

Yes. This is a condensed example from my code:

UdpClient udpClient = new UdpClient(5606);
IPEndPoint ipEP = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, 5606);

if (udpClient.Available > 0)
{
var udpData = udpClient.Receive(ref ipEP);
var udpHeader = udpData.Take(3).ToArray();

int frameTypeAndSequence = udpHeader[2];
int frameType = frameTypeAndSequence & 3;
int frameSequence = frameTypeAndSequence >> 2;

switch (frameType)
{
case 0:
//frametype 0 data
var structBaseData = udpData.Take(1367).ToArray();
break;

case 1:
//frametype 1 data
var structStrings = udpData.Take(1347).ToArray();
break;

case 2:
//frametype 2 data
var structAdditional = udpData.Take(1028).ToArray();
break;
}
}

mr_belowski
25-11-2015, 16:07
There's also a pile of code in my GitHub repo that you can have a rummage through if you like - I'm using C# to read the UDP stream too

pock1910
25-11-2015, 19:01
Yes. This is a condensed example from my code: ...

There's also a pile of code in my GitHub repo that you can have a rummage through if you like - I'm using C# to read the UDP stream too

Thank you very much for the quick help and the very useful information!
Now I know what I'm going to do this weekend. :D

vince34750
26-11-2015, 14:08
Hello,

Just got my PS4 PCars today. Waiting now for patch 7.....
Meanwhile, could someone send me a UDP packet type 2 captured using packet sender (https://packetsender.com/ ) ?
with udp.bin file and the udp server coming from vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream I'm not able to get something working with my VB decoder. When running the sim the first packet I have in hex is
00 00 00 00 29 02 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 80 BF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 4A 00 00 00 00 F0 C8 25 3E 00 00 00 00 5B 22 8C 23 F0 64 FF 00 1A A1 4E 42 28 71 25 BC 25 06 01 C0 FC E6 84 3D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B6 D6 13 3F E0 CF FB BD 03 03 03 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 88 BA 00 00 0D BB 00 00 CB BA 00 00 C7 BA 00 B8 88 47 00 B8 88 47 00 B8 88 47 00 B8 88 47 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 47 83 3B 00 47 83 3B C0 B3 2E BC C0 B3 2E BC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0F 14 00 02 59 A7 7A FF 7F 00 4A 01 00 00 81 00 01 C3 00 00 F6 C2 E0 FE 85 00 F1 00 00 00 95 00 01 43 00 00 F6 C2 54 FF 80 00 2F 01 00 00 86 00 01 F3 00 00 F6 C2 E9 FE 84 00 F0 00 00 00 94 00 01 63 00 00 F6 C2 65 FF 80 00 37 01 00 00 84 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 2A FF 82 00 21 01 00 00 8B 00 01 43 00 00 F6 C2 6A FF 80 00 42 01 00 00 83 00 01 83 00 00 F6 C2 16 FF 82 00 0D 01 00 00 8E 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 45 FF 81 00 27 01 00 00 88 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 1A FF 83 00 18 01 00 00 8D 00 01 83 00 00 F6 C2 07 FF 83 00 04 01 00 00 90 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 75 FF 7F 00 3F 01 00 00 82 00 01 73 00 00 F6 C2 35 FF 81 00 1F 01 00 00 8A 00 01 13 00 00 F6 C2 FC FE 84 00 05 01 00 00 91 00 01 83 00 00 F6 C2 3A FF 82 00 29 01 00 00 89 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 0B FF 83 00 0E 01 00 00 8F 00 01 23 00 00 F6 C2 25 FF 82 00 16 01 00 00 8C 00 01 63 00 00 F6 C2 EE FE 84 00 FB 00 00 00 93 00 01 E3 00 00 F6 C2 4A FF 81 00 32 01 00 00 87 00 01 03 00 00 F6 C2 5A FF 80 00 3A 01 00 00 85 00 01 53 00 00 F6 C2 F8 FE 83 00 FB 00 00 00 92 00 01 43 00 00 F6 C2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 84 26 73 45 00 00 00 62 04 C8 51 00 15

What is the type of this packet ? Length is correct, but type offset doesnt seem relevant

Thanks.

2stains
26-11-2015, 22:42
Ethernet cable
Ethernet to tablet ? Have seen rj45 to usb adapters , might have to order 1 .

TheReaper GT
26-11-2015, 23:39
Ethernet to tablet ? Have seen rj45 to usb adapters , might have to order 1 .

I think he was talking about your pc

2stains
27-11-2015, 02:57
Yeah thought so . But will try anyway.

Gravit8
27-11-2015, 04:18
I assume this is live with most recent patch?
Is there going to be an updated OP that includes where to find compatible ps4 apps etc?

one1two
27-11-2015, 04:20
Suppose to be patch 7.0 is my understanding.

TheReaper GT
27-11-2015, 04:33
I assume this is live with most recent patch?
Is there going to be an updated OP that includes where to find compatible ps4 apps etc?

It will be out with 7.0 and all udp apps will be compatible with all platforms.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
27-11-2015, 05:40
What is the best app in your opinion for PS4?

Fong74
27-11-2015, 07:07

Which apps are available for iOS?

TheReaper GT
27-11-2015, 07:41
What is the best app in your opinion for PS4?

Which apps are available for iOS?

Right now crew chief runs on pc and pcars dash runs on Android, iOS and Windows phone.

vince34750
27-11-2015, 14:17
My mistake with bad offsets :(
However, this udp.bin reflects a real sample ? I get funny values when decoding it.
Could someone provide me a wireshark trace (or better : packetsender) so I can validate my plugin dev as patch 7 is not on PS4 yet ?
Thanks.

diesel97
27-11-2015, 14:53

but not all apps are udp compatible, hopefully there will be a new thread with a list apps that work and it can updated as more apps come on board

MikeyTT
27-11-2015, 15:31
Hello,

Just got my PS4 PCars today. Waiting now for patch 7.....
Meanwhile, could someone send me a UDP packet type 2 captured using packet sender (https://packetsender.com/ ) ?
with udp.bin file and the udp server coming from vrHive_SimulateConsoleUDPStream I'm not able to get something working with my VB decoder. When running the sim the first packet I have in hex is...
What is the type of this packet ? Length is correct, but type offset doesnt seem relevant

Thanks.

I haven't updated that example with the change on the frame type now having a sequence in it. A few posts back I put up a quick bit of code to read the header info (here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming&p=1179754&viewfull=1#post1179754)). That's probably why the data looks screwy.

Also double check that the packet sizes are correct. Tim modified some of them after I put that together, so they may well be different.

PostBox981
27-11-2015, 20:27
Sorry I didn´t work my way through the whole thread as it is growing so fast. As I have no clue about coding and how the game works behind the UI could somebody please explain in easy words and mostly understandable even for IT-idiots like me what these new settings mean? I mean, is there a recommended setting for any reason?

I run pCars on triple screen with having pCars Profiler on a fourth screen. Works fine so far, I just wonder what the new settings are for and what is going to be changed by changing these settings. If already answered somewhere else I would be happy if somebody could please link me to that place. Thank you.

EDIT: have been talking about UDP settings of course. :-)

vince34750
30-11-2015, 10:18
I haven't updated that example with the change on the frame type now having a sequence in it. A few posts back I put up a quick bit of code to read the header info (here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming&p=1179754&viewfull=1#post1179754)). That's probably why the data looks screwy.

Also double check that the packet sizes are correct. Tim modified some of them after I put that together, so they may well be different.

Thanks for the clarification. I updated my code accordingly. Now, I just miss real data to debug. Would someone have some captured UDP packets (wireshark pcap file or packsender) so I can finalize my code ? Thanks

cjorgens79
30-11-2015, 11:56
Thanks for the clarification. I updated my code accordingly. Now, I just miss real data to debug. Would someone have some captured UDP packets (wireshark pcap file or packsender) so I can finalize my code ? Thanks

that udp.bin is real data, it is a recording of a two lap race at brands indy.

vince34750
30-11-2015, 12:35
The one from which post ? The last one (I think) hasn't got the sequence in it.

It would be great if Tim when he has some time updates the first post with the final structure (including sequence/type) and the udp.bin sample as well.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
30-11-2015, 12:41
@TimTheMan :-) Will it be possible to send data to console, e.g. one tab in pcars dash is custom button box, so that there is no need to press keyboard or controller or buttons on the wheel (so that we can remap buttons). This would be awesome if possible :-)

Edit: maybe this was discussed earlier, so sry for asking

hdh
30-11-2015, 12:52
@TimTheMan :-) Will it be possible to send data to console, e.g. one tab in pcars dash is custom button box, so that there is no need to press keyboard or controller or buttons on the wheel (so that we can remap buttons). This would be awesome if possible :-)

Edit: maybe this was discussed earlier, so sry for asking

The data transfer is a one way street. Sony and Microsoft would only allow for data transmitting, no receiving on the console end. Because security.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
30-11-2015, 13:05
The data transfer is a one way street. Sony and Microsoft would only allow for data transmitting, no receiving on the console end. Because security.Thanks for clarification, I thought so, but had hope, that the game could control what inputs could come. Thx anyway :-)

cjorgens79
01-12-2015, 13:00
@Tim - Did the fixes for the UDP settings (and invalid lap flag in participant info) make it into PC Patch 6.2? as far as i can see they didnt, but just wanted to check if they were supposed to have

Tim Mann
01-12-2015, 13:11
No, they didn't.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
01-12-2015, 13:20
Has anyone a javascript framework for receiving and parsing the UDP data?

TheReaper GT
01-12-2015, 13:25
Sorry I didn´t work my way through the whole thread as it is growing so fast. As I have no clue about coding and how the game works behind the UI could somebody please explain in easy words and mostly understandable even for IT-idiots like me what these new settings mean? I mean, is there a recommended setting for any reason?

I run pCars on triple screen with having pCars Profiler on a fourth screen. Works fine so far, I just wonder what the new settings are for and what is going to be changed by changing these settings. If already answered somewhere else I would be happy if somebody could please link me to that place. Thank you.

EDIT: have been talking about UDP settings of course. :-)

Those settings enable third party apps running in other devices to take advantage from race and car data. So you can use a tablet as a physical motec, for example.

oscarolim
01-12-2015, 13:47
Has anyone a javascript framework for receiving and parsing the UDP data?

The closest you can get is with this: http://www.webrtc.org/

PostBox981
01-12-2015, 18:52
Those settings enable third party apps running in other devices to take advantage from race and car data. So you can use a tablet as a physical motec, for example.

Thank you for explaining. As I was a little impatient on that I started a separate thread for my question. Has been answered
there as well. Anyway, thank you very much for helping.

azidahaka
03-12-2015, 07:20
I saw that many apps will come for Android and windows, and i might get a really, really cheap tablet on a limited quantity offer:

Winpad 700

Intel Atom Z3735G (up to1,83 GHz)
Intel HD graphics
1 GB RAM DDR3L
eMMC 16 GB
Screen 7,0 " (1024×600)
front camera 0,3 MP
microUSB 2.0, microSD, audio combo
WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
battery 2500 Wh
107 x 188 x 9 mm
weight: 280 gr
windows 10 Home

would this tablet be able to run the windows applications? i know that it's not very fast nor strong but i would only use it for the telemetry apps or for the race engineer.

Thanks to all that will help out, offers will start tomorrow and won't last long so any fast help is a precious one!

oscarolim
03-12-2015, 16:24
I got the one from Linx (is basically the same insides) and is quite good. The battery life is not great (~3h) but apart from that is great. And as a bonus you can stream your xbox to it as well, and with the one year of office (and 1TB Onedrive) is cheaper than buying the sub from Microsoft. I got mine for £40 on ebay.

madmax2069
03-12-2015, 17:28
I saw that many apps will come for Android and windows, and i might get a really, really cheap tablet on a limited quantity offer:

Winpad 700

Intel Atom Z3735G (up to1,83 GHz)
Intel HD graphics
1 GB RAM DDR3L
eMMC 16 GB
Screen 7,0 " (1024×600)
front camera 0,3 MP
microUSB 2.0, microSD, audio combo
WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
battery 2500 Wh
107 x 188 x 9 mm
weight: 280 gr
windows 10 Home

would this tablet be able to run the windows applications? i know that it's not very fast nor strong but i would only use it for the telemetry apps or for the race engineer.

Thanks to all that will help out, offers will start tomorrow and won't last long so any fast help is a precious one!

Yes it will run just about any app that a normal desktop will run (the only ones that you'll have issues with are ones that requires a strong CPU or GPU or a lot of Ram to run).

It is running a Desktop OS, it is using a quad core x86 CPU. Heck you can even use a mouse and keyboard on it and use it as your desktop. Heck you can even do some lite gaming on it (just as long as its not a game that requires a decent CPU and GPU).

It will happily run those telemetry and race engineer apps.

The only issues I really ever see with these kinds of tablets is thermal throttling due to inadequate cooling. The mini PCs with the same internals usually fair better in this regard then the tablets do, but they're not all in one like the tablets.

azidahaka
03-12-2015, 19:45
Thanks guys i love you all...

I'll try to pick up one in offer at 49euros tomorrow... Hope it'll still be available when I get in the shop after the working day !

mr_belowski
03-12-2015, 21:13
Don't forget that Crew Chief will be available on Android very soon, so you won't need a Windows tablet for it

azidahaka
03-12-2015, 22:48
Don't forget that Crew Chief will be available on Android very soon, so you won't need a Windows tablet for it

Well here you can't get anything cheaper than that one so i guess i'll test my luck and see if i'll manage to get one... Android ones for some reasons are way more costier at same of worse specs :)

Elaine The Racer
04-12-2015, 03:22
Going to sound like a broken record here haha, but I am an iOS users (yes I know about Crew Chief not coming to iOS (yet?) but anyway here's my questions :

1) I have an iPhone 5 & iPad 2 generation, will these work for the app(s)?
2) I know PCARS dash will work judging from what I've read?
3) I also have SimRace Dash, use it for PC will that work with PCARS when Patch 7 lands? It's very good in my opinion.

That's all I have right now, am just super excited about this, finally a game that makes me feel more connected than other racing game I've ever had!

TheReaper GT
04-12-2015, 03:56
Going to sound like a broken record here haha, but I am an iOS users (yes I know about Crew Chief not coming to iOS (yet?) but anyway here's my questions :

1) I have an iPhone 5 & iPad 2 generation, will these work for the app(s)?
2) I know PCARS dash will work judging from what I've read?
3) I also have SimRace Dash, use it for PC will that work with PCARS when Patch 7 lands? It's very good in my opinion.

That's all I have right now, am just super excited about this, finally a game that makes me feel more connected than other racing game I've ever had!

The apps have to be updated to use the UDP data stream. Right now it's on each app developer hands. The data is there and the devs have to make the necessary changes to use it. So far only pCars Dash and Crew Chief are confirmed but I really think more will come since this method liberates the devs from developing a server side app.

Elaine The Racer
04-12-2015, 22:16
Ah I see! Am super excited for this!

STEELJOCKEY
05-12-2015, 03:07
Here's an interesting thought. Using the exported data to drive a full motion sim! Imaging finally being able to rock your work in g-forces and bumps.......ON A CONSOLE, not just a PC.

Thoughts, anyone? Tim?

LOW_NZ
06-12-2015, 00:48
Hi Everyone,

I think i was following this thread sometime ago, but got caught up with other stuff. Im wondering without reading the gizzilion posts, what will be required to get the app to work. There was talk of a andrino/raspberry Pi type device, is that still the case?

Cheers

STEELJOCKEY
06-12-2015, 01:09
Android/windows/Apple devices will work with relevant apps, but Crewchief only windows, and soon android, as far as I know

Elaine The Racer
07-12-2015, 04:17
Any news on Patch 7? Super pumped up for it

rotorrian
07-12-2015, 05:10
I couldn't agree more.

I have built a ButtonBox to utilise both Apps via Phone/Tablet + Native USB based ButtonBox for PC/PS4.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42780-VBOX-Pro-Button-Box-for-PC-PS4-%28Still-waiting-on-MS-for-an-XBOX-version%29

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=223243&d=1449395250

It has a couple of advance features such as a flash to pass button, and reprogrammable button assignments.

But I must thank everyone who put all their effort in on this project to get this work via UDP for consoles.

Job well done. Plus you all gave me inspiration to design the VBOX Pro.

Any news on Patch 7? Super pumped up for it

AnDyCapzZ
07-12-2015, 10:17
Morning everyone, I know this post is complete and I've been following it since the very beginning but I just wanted confirmation that Pcars Dash is definitely going to work with the new patch for Xbox one and that the 7.0 patch is Definitely going to include the ability to stream data to a companion app as I intend to buy it before the patch comes out and didn't want to spend £3.99 of of course it is not going to work.

Thanks and keep up the good work everybody ��������

cjorgens79
07-12-2015, 11:28
Morning everyone, I know this post is complete and I've been following it since the very beginning but I just wanted confirmation that Pcars Dash is definitely going to work with the new patch for Xbox one and that the 7.0 patch is Definitely going to include the ability to stream data to a companion app as I intend to buy it before the patch comes out and didn't want to spend £3.99 of of course it is not going to work.

Thanks and keep up the good work everybody ��������

I have submitted an updated version of pCars Dash that is compatible with the UDP stream to Apple for approval, so i'm just waiting on that to be completed. Android has no such approval process so i can upload a new compatible build for that at any time, but i will wait and do both iOS and Android at the same time.
It will work with the UDP stream that is in PC patch 6.1, and the console patch 7.0 which we've all been told will include the UDP streaming stuff. FYI there isn't any benefit in buying it early, you cant do anything in it without the telemetry stream.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
07-12-2015, 14:47
I have submitted an updated version of pCars Dash that is compatible with the UDP stream to Apple for approval, so i'm just waiting on that to be completed. Android has no such approval process so i can upload a new compatible build for that at any time, but i will wait and do both iOS and Android at the same time.
It will work with the UDP stream that is in PC patch 6.1, and the console patch 7.0 which we've all been told will include the UDP streaming stuff. FYI there isn't any benefit in buying it early, you cant do anything in it without the telemetry stream.
Could we get a discount if we buy it ahead of patch 7.0 :-p

thx for your work, looking forward to use the app once 7.0 is deployed :-)

mr_belowski
07-12-2015, 21:58
Anyone know what character set's being used here for the String encoding?

[edit]...

I was assuming it was UTF-8, but unless I'm doing something entirely brain-dead, it appears to be ISO-8859-1, which isn't ideal as lots of drivers have characters in their names that aren't in this character set

mjemec11
07-12-2015, 23:06
So which apps for Android and PC have already been updated to take advantage of the new UDP stream? Patch 7 isn't far away and I wanna have my Android phone and Windows 10 tablet ready when that happens.

TheReaper GT
07-12-2015, 23:12
So which apps for Android and PC have already been updated to take advantage of the new UDP stream? Patch 7 isn't far away and I wanna have my Android phone and Windows 10 tablet ready when that happens.

Crew chief is compatible already. Pcars dash will be around the patch release.

NiQo
08-12-2015, 12:03
Crew chief is compatible already. Pcars dash will be around the patch release.

Great to hear. Ive also already bought and mounted a tablet and phone holder to my rig. However where do we download both of these (for me android) apps? I dont see any info in OP.

Great work and ill be happy to pay a few bucks for the apps.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
08-12-2015, 12:10
Pcars dash you can download from google play store, crew chief (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users) .

mr_belowski
08-12-2015, 12:18
Crew Chief will be on Google Play when it's done (soon).

Tim / cjorgens79: any info on the charset used for the String encoding?

Str3l0k
08-12-2015, 15:38
Okay, first of all, I want to thank you for this nice implementation of the UDP stream.

I am currently implementing the UDP structure instead of the shared memory into the HUD Dash app
and it's nice to work with. You included important information, like the tire pressure and put real effort to
put as much data as possible into it. Nicely done.

The delay is non existent for the human eye and I hope the console players will have much fun using
any third party app, as the PC users already do.

TheReaper GT
08-12-2015, 15:47
Can you post a playstore link for your app? I wanna buy all compatible apps to help the devs

Str3l0k
08-12-2015, 15:50
Can you post a playstore link for your app? I wanna buy all compatible apps to help the devs

The free version can be found here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.barz.hud_dash

Currently only available for Android.
The games can be bought as keys.

iOS support is planned for the future (when I'm more familiar with Swift coding^^)

TheReaper GT
08-12-2015, 15:51

iOS support is planned for the future (when I'm more familiar with Swift coding^^)

So I get the free version and the key for pcars, that's it? Or there will be a different key for consoles?

KkDrummer
08-12-2015, 15:52

Any chance for Windows support?

Str3l0k
08-12-2015, 15:52
So I get the free version and the key for pcars, that's it? Or there will be a different key for consoles?

No different keys, pCars key will work for PC and consoles.

Str3l0k
08-12-2015, 15:53
Any chance for Windows support?

Not really, maybe somewhere in the more far future, but I really don't know.

RomKnight
08-12-2015, 16:06
str3lok, existing users will naturally upgrade right?

Str3l0k
08-12-2015, 16:09
str3lok, existing users will naturally upgrade right?

Sure, the key stays the same, the app stays the same.
Only the telemetry connection will change and the game recognition won't work any longer.

I will never let current users down or force them to buy something again, it's just not my style.

mr_belowski
08-12-2015, 22:38
Sorry to bang on about it, but I'm getting loads of unprintable characters in the driver names. I did think it was using iso-8859-1 but now I'm not so sure. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom regarding character set?

vince34750
09-12-2015, 11:07
Hello !

I got some traces from PCARS 6.2 finally. My VB UDP receiver is working fine
One thing I couldn't find : the ENUM type structure for lets say , sGameSessionState (offset3)
mTelemetryData.sGameSessionState=((u8)pMemory->mGameState)|(((u8)pMemory->mSessionState)<<4);
According to the SHM structure it is :
// (Type#1) GameState (to be used with 'mGameState')
enum
{
GAME_EXITED = 0,
GAME_FRONT_END,
GAME_INGAME_PLAYING,
GAME_INGAME_PAUSED,
//-------------
GAME_MAX
};

But what about the values ?

I noticed from the data dump it is 0 or 17 or 18 (when doing a free run). How to interpret that ?
I'm especially interested in capturing the GAME_INGAME_PLAYING state.

Thanks.

Tim Mann
09-12-2015, 11:12
Sorry to bang on about it, but I'm getting loads of unprintable characters in the driver names. I did think it was using iso-8859-1 but now I'm not so sure. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom regarding character set?

It's just set to use current locale. wcstombs_s

Tim Mann
09-12-2015, 11:13
Hello !

One thing I couldn't find : the ENUM type structure for lets say , sGameSessionState (offset3)
mTelemetryData.sGameSessionState=((u8)pMemory->mGameState)|(((u8)pMemory->mSessionState)<<4);
enum
{
GAME_EXITED = 0,
GAME_FRONT_END,
GAME_INGAME_PLAYING,
GAME_INGAME_PAUSED,
//-------------
GAME_MAX
};

I noticed from the data dump it is 0 or 17 or 18 (when doing a free run). How to interpret that ?

Thanks.

enum will be 0, 1, 2, 3, etc

mr_belowski
09-12-2015, 11:38
It's just set to use current locale. wcstombs_s

So the client just has to guess what character set to use?

Str3l0k
09-12-2015, 11:48
Hello !

enum
{
GAME_EXITED = 0,
GAME_FRONT_END,
GAME_INGAME_PLAYING,
GAME_INGAME_PAUSED,
//-------------
GAME_MAX
};

Thanks.

((u8)pMemory->mGameState) | (((u8)pMemory->mSessionState)<<4);

Game state and session state are packed into one 8 bit unsigned value.
The first 4 bits are for the game state enum, the next 4 bits are for the session state enum.
You have to split both to get your "real" data.

Example:
17 is 0001 0001‬ in binary.
That means that game state is 1 and session state‬ is 1.

Code example from Java (should work in C as well):
gameStatus = sGameSessionState & 0xF;
sessionStatus = (sGameSessionState >> 4) & 0xF;

vince34750
09-12-2015, 12:46
Thanks !
It is exactly what I did for the gear/maxgear. What I didn't understand is that it was just incremented: game_exited=0,GAME_FRONT_END=1,GAME_INGAME_PLAYING=2, etc.
I'll keep on dev/test my XSim plugin now.

Str3l0k
09-12-2015, 13:40
Ah ok, then I got your problem wrong ;)
But if you got it anyway, everything is fine. :)

vince34750
09-12-2015, 14:05
At least, your very clear example will probably help the community !

Knightfall
09-12-2015, 14:23
Is there any ETA for when this would work with the PS4 version of PCars? This thing looks amazing...

Fong74
09-12-2015, 14:25
With patch 7.0 which will be released before the DLC (22nd of December 2015). So whithin a week or two latest...

Knightfall
09-12-2015, 14:29
With patch 7.0 which will be released before the DLC (22nd of December 2015). So whithin a week or two latest...

Wow. Thats... awesome.

Thanks!

mr_belowski
09-12-2015, 21:54
If anyone's feeling brave / curious I've put together a work-in-progress test version of my app. Details in the post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users&p=1187776&viewfull=1#post1187776

micgrech
09-12-2015, 22:07
Has the release notes for patch 7 been released yet?

TheReaper GT
09-12-2015, 22:12
Has the release notes for patch 7 been released yet?

Nope, next week

Pappa_Stig
10-12-2015, 00:33
Can we get a list of apps that will work with PS4 for when the update goes live? I'd like to have an app ready to go on my samsung tablet. TIA :)

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 00:41
Can we get a list of apps that will work with PS4 for when the update goes live? I'd like to have an app ready to go on my samsung tablet. TIA :)

Crewchief, hud dash and pcars dash

Pappa_Stig
10-12-2015, 00:44

Thanks mate

wOoDsTeR16
10-12-2015, 06:14

I take it these will all work on the Xbox as well mate?

golfcab93
10-12-2015, 07:58
yes

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 11:46
I take it these will all work on the Xbox as well mate?

In all three platforms

ports
10-12-2015, 11:54

Also there's MikeyTT's VrHive also coming as well.

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 12:01
Also there's MikeyTT's VrHive also coming as well.
Good to know, that's a awesome tool

ports
10-12-2015, 12:06
Good to know, that's a awesome tool

Vrhive and crewchief will equal Pcars perfection for me i can't wait December is going to be an awesome month.

GForce
10-12-2015, 12:15
Could we get a discount if we buy it ahead of patch 7.0 :-p

thx for your work, looking forward to use the app once 7.0 is deployed :-)

Any news on release Date for Patch 7? Ican't find anything in the news & announcement section!?

Cu
GForce

ports
10-12-2015, 12:17
Any news on release Date for Patch 7? Ican't find anything in the news & announcement section!?

Cu
GForce

Patch 7 has just released on pc so i'd say Tuesday for the ps4.

2stains
10-12-2015, 12:25
Will we be able to use more than one app at a tIme , say Crewchief on a phone and hud dash on a tablet ?

ports
10-12-2015, 12:28
Will we be able to use more than one app at a tIme , say Crewchief on a phone and hud dash on a tablet ?

Yeah you can mate.

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 12:28

Yes

TrueNOS2
10-12-2015, 15:40

Hello cjorgens79. Just wondering if you are ready to roll out your App for ("do both iOS and Android at the same time") to coincide with a patch 7.0 release for PS4?

kackle85
10-12-2015, 19:02
Could anyone help a total noob out with how this will work for PS4 users?

TheReaper GT
10-12-2015, 19:05
Could anyone help a total noob out with how this will work for PS4 users?

After 7. 0 you just need the app, like pcars dash or hud dash on Android and crrwchief on pc, point the app to your console ip address. That's it

AnDyCapzZ
10-12-2015, 19:18
Hey everyone :),

I have just purchased Pcars dash and downloaded it for my iPhone 6+ and IPad Air. Just one question........can I run the dash on iPhone and telemetry (for example) on my iPad at the same time ??

Keep up the good work everyone!

jimmyb_84
10-12-2015, 19:20
Hey everyone :),

I have just purchased Pcars dash and downloaded it for my iPhone 6+ and IPad Air. Just one question........can I run the dash on iPhone and telemetry (for example) on my iPad at the same time ??

Keep up the good work everyone!

yes

AnDyCapzZ
10-12-2015, 19:25
yes

STEELJOCKEY
10-12-2015, 23:01
With simtools and a plugin for pCars, (plugin currently under development), a full motion simulator for console!! How's that for a companion app option for consoles?!

(mind you, the plugin developer might need some coding assistance, but so far has managed to pick up UDP telemetry info - woohoo)

cjorgens79
11-12-2015, 01:07
Hello cjorgens79. Just wondering if you are ready to roll out your App for ("do both iOS and Android at the same time") to coincide with a patch 7.0 release for PS4?

Just got approval for the app update from Apple yesterday so I will be releasing it along with the Android version in the next couple of days (need time to update my website etc to coincide with release). I will post on here when its available.

Fil140
11-12-2015, 02:05
After 7. 0 you just need the app, like pcars dash or hud dash on Android and crrwchief on pc, point the app to your console ip address. That's it

Hi,im back with another stupid question, what and how exactly do we point the app at the consoles i.p?
Thankyou

TheReaper GT
11-12-2015, 02:07
Hi,im back with another stupid question, what and how exactly do we point the app at the consoles i.p?
Thankyou

You have to go you console's network options, find out what's the ip. Go to the app on your phone or pc, settings and there must be a field to ever the ip address. Most apps have documentation explaining everything

Fil140
11-12-2015, 02:27
You have to go you console's network options, find out what's the ip. Go to the app on your phone or pc, settings and there must be a field to ever the ip address. Most apps have documentation explaining everything

Cool, thanks again reaper

cjorgens79
11-12-2015, 09:55

Thats not actually true, the udp stream uses the global broadcast address (255.255.255.255) so the client apps don't need to know the IP of the console.

Unfortunately there is one big flaw with this method which will disappoint a number of people with Android devices, and that is that there are a number of Android devices out there that just don't support receiving broadcast packets, they will be filtered out by the network layer which means the telemetry apps will not work on them :(

There are solutions to this problem, ie use the devices direct address, but this would mean SMS would need to make changes to their code and a new UI setting in Project Cars to allow a user specified address. Another work around solution that might be suitable for some people would be a relay on a PC somewhere on the network that could read the broadcast stream and re-output it to a targetted address. I will likely add something like this to my transmitter app if it will help out some people.

Hopefully we can put together some sort of list of devices that work and dont work as they come up. There is no way to know other than to try and there is something like 6000+ android device variants out there.

Apple devices on the other hand don't have this restriction so anyone using those (and the apps that support iOS) wont have any problems.

vince34750
11-12-2015, 11:09
Another issue with broadcast is when several players are on the same LAN: the client app should filter based on the source IP, otherwise it will receive data from all players at the same time. Can be nice for huge displays, showing several players data at the same time in a LAN game for example... but not what we are looking for now :p

RomKnight
11-12-2015, 12:51
Thats not actually true, the udp stream uses the global broadcast address (255.255.255.255) so the client apps don't need to know the IP of the console.

Unfortunately there is one big flaw with this method which will disappoint a number of people with Android devices, and that is that there are a number of Android devices out there that just don't support receiving broadcast packets, they will be filtered out by the network layer which means the telemetry apps will not work on them :(

So now i'll lose the ability to use apps as well.

ROCKS. This was one of the good things i've pointed out about patch 7... scratch that, down to 1 thing (but going down fast...)

mr_belowski
11-12-2015, 13:05
Eh? Nobody said that. It's simply that *some* Android devices won't work with the UDP data stream, which is entirely the fault of the device vendors and nowt to do with SMS or any app developer. My cheap Moto G phone works fine with the UDP stream. I'm also going to write a little relay app that runs on a PC and passes the UDP packets on to a specific IP address so that, with this additional step, Android devices which don't work with UDP broadcast data can be made to work

Fil140
11-12-2015, 13:08
So what kind of issues can i expect to encounter? I have a smart phone wich will be used as a dedicated dash/motec/speedo display,i wont be usung it for anything else at all so can i expect problems,also have a sony experia z that is just for the telemetry type apps,again any forseeable isdues?

RomKnight
11-12-2015, 13:11
I've had problems before with accessing it hence my response.

Then again, I need to check if your work around will come on other apps as well.

It's good news for the future though as i'm losing interest on pCARS.

BTW, thanks for your work on UDP, again.

cjorgens79
11-12-2015, 13:35
I've had problems before with accessing it hence my response.

Then again, I need to check if your work around will come on other apps as well.

It's good news for the future though as i'm losing interest on pCARS.

BTW, thanks for your work on UDP, again.

Your profile indicates you are using the PC version of Project CARS so you can use the Shared Memory interface. My pCars Dash app (when using shared memory) has a transmitter app that runs on the PC and processes the shared memory struct that allows you to configure the device address so your device would work fine with that as you can target the UDP messages specifically at your device.

diesel97
11-12-2015, 14:12
Maybe the dev (Tim mann ) can give us a list of devices that he tested on that works

RomKnight
11-12-2015, 14:15
Shared memory has no telemetry for suspension (the one thing I trade for everything else)

mr_belowski
11-12-2015, 14:17
Maybe the dev (Tim mann ) can give us a list of devices that he tested on that works

It's not really up to SMS to test the client devices. They're responsible for ensuring the UDP packets get sent from the console / PC and that they contain the correct data in the correct places. Beyond that it's out of their control

cjorgens79
11-12-2015, 14:34
Shared memory has no telemetry for suspension (the one thing I trade for everything else)

ah ok, fair enough. The UDP relay app that mr_belowski and/or myself will make for the PC will allow you to use the UDP stream on your device, so you should be fine. Do you know of any apps that make use of the suspension data yet?

mr_belowski
11-12-2015, 14:39
Mine doesn't. It will in a future version once the initial release is off the ground, but it'll take me a while to work out what might be helpful messages - warning about suspension bottoming out sounds like a good idea, but if it's happening at the bottom of Eau Rouge or Paddock Hill no driver's going to care

RomKnight
11-12-2015, 15:24
Do you know of any apps that make use of the suspension data yet?

No I don't.

I also think devs will eventually move to UDP. OFC this move can mean just keep existing features to the app but I expect to add the news UDP brought.

Mine doesn't. It will in a future version once the initial release is off the ground, but it'll take me a while to work out what might be helpful messages - warning about suspension bottoming out sounds like a good idea, but if it's happening at the bottom of Eau Rouge or Paddock Hill no driver's going to care

I actually look at the left front out of pits coasting yesterday and the red lit up for the FL tyre... this still happens but we have no way of getting data so it'll be cool with UDP and supporting telemetry via UDP

Elaine The Racer
11-12-2015, 15:36
Excellent news, PCARS Dash has just updated on my iPhone!

vbabiy
11-12-2015, 18:29
Will hud dash default to UDP? I can't seem to get it to work.

RomKnight
11-12-2015, 18:37
hud dash does not have udp implemented yet

TheReaper GT
11-12-2015, 19:36
I've sent an email to Dash Meter Pro devs and they didn't know about the new stream. They will look into it but have no plans to support it in the near future.

Fil140
11-12-2015, 20:38
Thats a shame,dash meter pro is a good app

Str3l0k
11-12-2015, 23:11
Will hud dash default to UDP? I can't seem to get it to work.

I'm working on it. The app will fully support the new UDP Stream.
The TelemetryReader will not be necessary anymore.

I am almost finished, but there are still some things I have to integrate.

pock1910
12-12-2015, 00:00
Currently I'm implementing UDP support for my Race Trainer App.
Unfortunately, there is a big difference in the WorldPosition (short vs float).

Some pictures say more than 1000 words:

UDP streaming (Value 2):

Shared Memory:

The data of the first 0.5 seconds of WorldPositon data at Silverstone National looks like this:

UDP:
7;-5;10;-5.25;0.06964111
10;-5.25;13.5;-5.25;0.1196289
13.5;-5.25;14;-6.5;0.1326294
14;-6.5;16.5;-6.5;0.1726685
16.5;-6.5;18;-6.25;0.1976318
18;-6.25;21.5;-6.75;0.239624
21.5;-6.75;22.5;-6.25;0.2526245
22.5;-6.25;24.5;-7.5;0.2896118
24.5;-7.5;26.5;-7;0.317627
26.5;-7;29;-7.25;0.357666
29;-7.25;31;-8.5;0.3946533
31;-8.5;32;-8.5;0.409668
32;-8.5;35.5;-8;0.4476318
35.5;-8;36;-8.75;0.4746704
36;-8.75;39.5;-8.25;0.5126343

Shared Memory:
8.83209419250488;-4.83648729324341;10.4841680526733;-5.01418304443359;0.07263184
10.4841680526733;-5.01418304443359;13.0198650360107;-5.285804271698;0.1106262
13.0198650360107;-5.285804271698;14.6752195358276;-5.46244859695435;0.1356201
14.6752195358276;-5.46244859695435;17.2161235809326;-5.73249864578247;0.1746216
17.2161235809326;-5.73249864578247;18.8748264312744;-5.90812540054321;0.199646
18.8748264312744;-5.90812540054321;21.4207630157471;-6.176682472229;0.2376404
21.4207630157471;-6.176682472229;23.3043613433838;-6.37458086013794;0.2646179
23.3043613433838;-6.37458086013794;25.7443714141846;-6.62974691390991;0.3006287
25.7443714141846;-6.62974691390991;27.4095325469971;-6.80301380157471;0.3276367
27.4095325469971;-6.80301380157471;29.0758781433105;-6.97567510604858;0.3526306
29.0758781433105;-6.97567510604858;31.6333293914795;-7.23897504806519;0.390625
31.6333293914795;-7.23897504806519;33.302661895752;-7.4095630645752;0.4156189
33.302661895752;-7.4095630645752;35.8649444580078;-7.66877365112305;0.4546204
35.8649444580078;-7.66877365112305;37.6492614746094;-7.84711980819702;0.4806213
37.6492614746094;-7.84711980819702;40.1053009033203;-8.08936977386475;0.5176392

At the moment I see no meaningful opportunity to get an attractive racing line from UDP data.
Interpolation could reduce the problem a little bit, but leads to a delay of the display.

A currently helpless App developer ... :confused:

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 01:34
Currently I'm implementing UDP support for my Race Trainer App.
Unfortunately, there is a big difference in the WorldPosition (short vs float).

Unfortunately that is a limitation (0.25m accuracy) that you will need to live with as there isnt enough room in the struct to store it to a higher precision. Sacrifices had to be made to keep the structure size under 1500 bytes to prevent UDP fragmentation, and anything in the participant info struct was particular sensitive due to any change being multipled by 56 (ie max participants)

While the line itself is obviously a bit jagged, its still clear enough to see the actual line being taken through the corner so it is still functional (albiet not as pretty)

ceoCorona
12-12-2015, 07:04
I agree, while not as pretty, I still find it useful in racing analysis. I would love to use this on console. Nothing else like it out there for us.

inthebagbud
12-12-2015, 07:20
I agree, while not as pretty, I still find it useful in racing analysis. I would love to use this on console. Nothing else like it out there for us.

Agree it may not be pretty, like my driving, but this is incidental to the information being given.

The more I think about it patch 7 could just have the udp in it and I wouldn't care as this is going to open up so much for us console guys

cjorgens79
12-12-2015, 07:31
FYI new builds of "pCars Dash" are now available on iTunes and Google play which support the new UDP stream. WP7/WP8 will be following soon

ELAhrairah
12-12-2015, 09:37

Console support has been added to pcars dash in app store and playstore

mr_belowski
12-12-2015, 21:12
You guys probably know this already, but just in case....

There was a question on the Crew Chief thread about my app running in the background while other apps on the same device also use the UDP stream. I did a bit of digging and this should work, but all the apps have to create their UDP socket in the right way. For Android, here's my code that should do it -

// create the socket with a null address - this is the *only* way to
// create one in an unbound state. Then we can setReuseAddress(true) to allow other
// apps to bind to this socket. We *must* do this before binding it. Then we can bind it
// to any address on port 5606
socket = new DatagramSocket(null);
socket.setReuseAddress(true);
socket.bind(new InetSocketAddress(5606));

If you try to setReuseAddress after binding it won't honour the request. For UDP sockets, SO_REUSEADDR is the correct option - it does exactly the same thing as SO_REUSEPORT does for TCP sockets. There's a very in-depth discussion about it here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t

Str3l0k
13-12-2015, 00:21
You guys probably know this already, but just in case....

There was a question on the Crew Chief thread about my app running in the background while other apps on the same device also use the UDP stream. I did a bit of digging and this should work, but all the apps have to create their UDP socket in the right way. For Android, here's my code that should do it -

// create the socket with a null address - this is the *only* way to
// create one in an unbound state. Then we can setReuseAddress(true) to allow other
// apps to bind to this socket. We *must* do this before binding it. Then we can bind it
// to any address on port 5606
socket = new DatagramSocket(null);
socket.setReuseAddress(true);
socket.bind(new InetSocketAddress(5606));

If you try to setReuseAddress after binding it won't honour the request. For UDP sockets, SO_REUSEADDR is the correct option - it does exactly the same thing as SO_REUSEPORT does for TCP sockets. There's a very in-depth discussion about it here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14388706/socket-options-so-reuseaddr-and-so-reuseport-how-do-they-differ-do-they-mean-t

Good to know.
To keep compatibility, I used your lines for creating the socket in my app.
I will test it and if its working normal, it's fine for me.
The users should be able to use both apps together and not be limited.

TrueNOS2
13-12-2015, 03:59
FYI new builds of "pCars Dash" are now available on iTunes and Google play which support the new UDP stream. WP7/WP8 will be following soon
cjorgens79, How can I tell if my Android device is compatible with your App running with PS4? Is there a test that I can run or a certain spec that I should look for on the data sheet for my device?

satco1066
13-12-2015, 12:15
some additional data would be great, for use of enhanced button boxes with real control light feedback.
Maybe an enhancement for patch 8 or 9 ?

Brake Bias (0..100)
Front/Rear Antiroll Bars (0..100)
Anti Lock Brakes (0/1)
Stability Control (0/1)
Traction Control (0/1)
Automatic Clutch (0/1)
Headlights (0/1)
Ignition (0/1)

cjorgens79
13-12-2015, 12:30
some additional data would be great, for use of enhanced button boxes with real control light feedback.
Maybe an enhancement for patch 8 or 9 ?

Brake Bias (0..100)
Front/Rear Antiroll Bars (0..100)
Anti Lock Brakes (0/1)
Stability Control (0/1)
Traction Control (0/1)
Automatic Clutch (0/1)
Headlights (0/1)
Ignition (0/1)

ABS, TC, ESC, Headlights and Ignition are already in the api.

cjorgens79
13-12-2015, 12:34
cjorgens79, How can I tell if my Android device is compatible with your App running with PS4? Is there a test that I can run or a certain spec that I should look for on the data sheet for my device?

What make/model device do you have? There isn't really an easy way to know at the moment if its a make/model of device that hasn't already been tested, but I am intending to make a test app that people could use to find out before buying the pCars Dash app.

the-D-
13-12-2015, 13:03
Just bought Pcars dash for my iphone 6+ and ipad air2 in anticipation for the ps4 patch :)

TrueNOS2
13-12-2015, 15:20
What make/model device do you have? There isn't really an easy way to know at the moment if its a make/model of device that hasn't already been tested, but I am intending to make a test app that people could use to find out before buying the pCars Dash app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (crossing fingers on one hand while I type with the other). Do you know if this unit will work? Thanks.

jimmyb_84
13-12-2015, 15:35
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (crossing fingers on one hand while I type with the other). Do you know if this unit will work? Thanks.

I seen TAB 2s confirmed as working for crew chief so I assume it support UDP. (I have one too, fingers crossed)

diesel97
13-12-2015, 15:59
I seen TAB 2s confirmed as working for crew chief so I assume it support UDP. (I have one too, fingers crossed)

I didnt know the TAB 2 does Windows OS, I though the "crew chief " only works on Windows for know (android OS is coming though)

mr_belowski
13-12-2015, 16:45
There's an android test version available - look a few pages back in the crew chief thread for details

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 10:51
Patch 7.0 is now live! Any tested any apps yet? I will test crew chief this afternoon

Pappa_Stig
14-12-2015, 12:41
Pcars dash tested and works flawlessly. Very user friendly and all the info you would possibly need from a second screen app. My compliments to the developer, and I recommend this app to everyone. 10/10.

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 13:25
Pcars dash tested and works flawlessly. Very user friendly and all the info you would possibly need from a second screen app. My compliments to the developer, and I recommend this app to everyone. 10/10.

Thanks, glad you like it. May I ask what device(s) you are running it on?

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 13:32

I'm trying iPhone 6 but getting no connection? Say "waiting for transmitter" or something. Are there any setting on PS4 I need to enable.

Also getting no connection with crewchief (on Samsung TAB2) just radio check

ports
14-12-2015, 13:34
I'm trying iPhone 6 but getting no connection? Say "waiting for transmitter" or something. Are there any setting on PS4 I need to enable.

Yes you need to enable udb in the settings menu.

GForce
14-12-2015, 13:35

Have you changed the settings in Pcarsdash to UPD stream!?

Cu
GForce

cjorgens79
14-12-2015, 13:37

I have detailed setup instructions here
http://pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 13:41
aThank you I'm an idiot didn't turn it on in my excitement

micgrech
14-12-2015, 13:52
Is this live on ps4?

Patch 7.0 is now live! Any tested any apps yet? I will test crew chief this afternoon

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 13:53
OMG!!!!!

PCARS Dash and Crewchief are amazing! Once I turned UDP on (I'm an idiot) it's just incredible, console sim driving has just taken a giant leap.

I actually properly laughed at crewchief when it told me "you've made a sh*t start" and "don't worry it'll buff out!"

Thank you Tim Mann and app developers

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 13:53
Is this live on ps4?

yes

GForce
14-12-2015, 13:58
Is this live on ps4?

Yes, see news and announcements.

Cu
GForce

HiSpeeder
14-12-2015, 14:03
Awesome, works fantastically! Been playing around with Pcars Dash running on both my iPhone 6 and iPad 3 at the same time and it's great. Set it up so my iPhone shows me the basic speed & gear info, and my iPad showing me lap times or track map. Feeling full nerd now with 2 screens next to my tv. :)

And, what's very cool, is that even works great during a replay, even when you're rewinding and forwarding! Now finally I can keep track of relative positions in a replay. The only thing I've seen so far which doesn't register well in a replay is oil and water temperature, but I assume because Project Cars isn't transmitting those properly, as during a race they seem spot on. Very cool this. Pcars Dash is well worth the money!

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 14:04
Glad you like it JimmyB :)

Crew Chief is coming on nicely and is nearly ready for release. I intend to make 3 versions. A free demo / test version which is unrestricted except that it only works on Brands Hatch Indy and Brands Hatch GP - this should be enough for folks to establish that the app works with their network and is worth having. The other 2 versions will be a standard one, which is the whole app without the foul language, and a filthy version which includes the swearing, enabled by default. These 2 'full' versions will be about 4 pounds I think.

I've got more tidying up to do and a couple of videos to make

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 14:21

Crew Chief is coming on nicely and is nearly ready for release. I intend to make 3 versions. A free demo / test version which is unrestricted except that it only works on Brands Hatch Indy and Brands Hatch GP - this should be enough for folks to establish that the app works with their network and is worth having. The other 2 versions will be a standard one, which is the whole app without the foul language, and a filthy version which includes the swearing, enabled by default. These 2 'full' versions will be about 4 pounds I think.

Cannot wait for the foul language version!

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 14:22
I think there's a little foul language in that test version I made available, but one of my tasks for tomorrow is to add a load more effin' and jeffin' to the fruity version so it's got a real potty mouth :)

diesel97
14-12-2015, 14:25

Great job Mr.B , couple question can you add driver names on the PS4 (windows/android version ) like you can on steam ? Do these new versions have different voices (english,brit,aussie, ect) ?

Goruk
14-12-2015, 14:26
Is it true that it only works if the playstation is connected via wireless?

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 14:28
Still not worked out what I'm going to do with adding driver names to the Android version. I need a little thinking-time to figure out a sensible solution (both technically and practically). At the moment I'm working flat out getting the app release-ready

diesel97
Cannot wait for the foul language version!

I cant wait to called a "dumb a**" every other corner :encouragement:

mr_belowski
the play station can be connected to a wireless router via ethernet or wifi. The phone / tablet needs to be connected to the same network via wifi

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 14:36
I cant wait to called a "dumb a**" every other corner :encouragement:

I'm glad I've not quite got it yet, as the tyre model has changed my pressures were wrong and I was all over the place.

Strakka
14-12-2015, 14:40
Just a quick question and maybe a stupid one but will this be available on xbox one?

TheReaper GT
14-12-2015, 14:44
Just a quick question and maybe a stupid one but will this be available on xbox one?

Yes, with patch 7.0

transfix
14-12-2015, 14:46
Crew Chief install seems a bit extensive. Do I need to do the same steps as if I was running it on PC?

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 14:47
what do you mean, "extensive"? Just install the android app, set the UDP option in PCars to 1, 2, or 3, and run the android app

danowat
14-12-2015, 14:55
Is there a list of compatible android devices?, don't want to buy it for it not to work on my devices.

Fong74
14-12-2015, 15:04
Crew Chief is an Android App? I was assuming its a PC software...

TheReaper GT
14-12-2015, 15:04
Crew Chief is an Android App? I was assuming its a PC software...

Both

transfix
14-12-2015, 16:08
what do you mean, "extensive"? Just install the android app, set the UDP option in PCars to 1, 2, or 3, and run the android app

I thought I had to download .NET framework, Audacity and do the audio samples etc. I don't have an android phone just iPhone so was going to run it from my laptop.

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 16:12
for Windows a laptop, if it's running Windows 10 you just download the app (the one with the bundled sound pack), unzip it, and run it. That's it. If you're on windows 7 or 8, you need to install the .Net framework first (which is probably already installed).

If you want to use voice recognition too you'll need to install the Microsoft speech recognition stuff too - there are 2 things (the runtime and the language pack). It's all documented on the thread - you don't need to install Audacity or anything.

transfix
14-12-2015, 16:14
for Windows a laptop, if it's running Windows 10 you just download the app (the one with the bundled sound pack), unzip it, and run it. That's it. If you're on windows 7 or 8, you need to install the .Net framework first (which is probably already installed).

If you want to use voice recognition too you'll need to install the Microsoft speech recognition stuff too - there are 2 things (the runtime and the language pack). It's all documented on the thread - you don't need to install Audacity or anything.

Great thanks Mr B. I will def check it out once the Xbox Update goes live.

diesel97
14-12-2015, 16:17

I lost track of your main thread it was moving to fast to keep up (not a bad thing for you) but how does DL file play with a Chromebook ?

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 16:19

what happens if you only have an XP PC (don't laugh) I've been on Mac for a few years

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 16:21
Chromebook? Not sure, you could try running the Android app via ARCWelder, but I've not tried it

mr_belowski
14-12-2015, 16:21
should work on XP, I guess

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 16:23
should work on XP, I guess

I'll give it a try later

TrueNOS2
14-12-2015, 16:41

Any word on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 compatibility?

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 16:47
Any word on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 compatibility?

I had a test version of crewchief working on a Tab2 so it's UDP compatible