I hate a test version of crewchief working on a Tab2 so it's UDP compatible

though you liked it? ;)

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 16:55
though you liked it? ;)

sorry typo! I'll edit

satco1066
14-12-2015, 17:39
ABS, TC, ESC, Headlights and Ignition are already in the api.

Your right, missed that update.

New wishlist for extra data:

Brake Bias (0..100)
Front Antiroll Bars (0..100)
Rear Antiroll Bars (0..100)
KERS (0..100)
DRS (0/1)
Automatic Clutch (0/1)

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 17:44
Just to be sure if my ps4 is connected to router by wire it'll broadcast the udp stream from wireless?

Mauler_77
14-12-2015, 17:47
Just to be sure if my ps4 is connected to router by wire it'll broadcast the udp stream from wireless?

Yes, that's how mine is connected and I got the app earlier today.

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 17:50
Yes, that's how mine is connected and I got the app earlier today.

Thanks! What apps are already working so that i can test? I have a win 10 tablet.

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 18:28
Devs question?

Is it possible to implement UDP within HTLM5? Web app

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 18:31
Devs question?

Is it possible to implement UDP within HTLM5? Web app

That could provide live-streaming timing and results like in real life series.

Brilliant idea.

RomKnight
14-12-2015, 18:42
Like this (http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/datachannels/)?

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 18:58
Like this (http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webrtc/datachannels/)?

Yes a bit like that, it appears it has some standard code too, might be a case of amending the channels and reader bits and it may work. I'm still learning this but it's my long term plan. The best way I can think of creating something that will cater for all devices/browsers so I only have to develop one project.

That could provide live-streaming timing and results like in real life series.

Brilliant idea.

Thank you, I'm full of good ideas sometimes

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 19:02
So if anyone can point me to a UDP app that works on win10 and it's free to test if the stream works i would be grateful :P

TheReaper GT
14-12-2015, 19:04
So if anyone can point me to a UDP app that works on win10 and it's free to test if the stream works i would be grateful :P

Crewchief

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 19:05

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users&p=1115015&viewfull=1#post1115015

oscarolim
14-12-2015, 19:24
Yes a bit like that, it appears it has some standard code too, might be a case of amending the channels and reader bits and it may work. I'm still learning this but it's my long term plan. The best way I can think of creating something that will cater for all devices/browsers so I only have to develop one project.

Thank you, I'm full of good ideas sometimes

I was planing to build something like that, but the issue is how to connect to the game. The user would have to know how to open ports on the router and set up port forwarding, which defeats the purpose of having a easy and simple solution.
For this apps are the way to go.

jimmyb_84
14-12-2015, 19:32
I was planing to build something like that, but the issue is how to connect to the game. The user would have to know how to open ports on the router and set up port forwarding, which defeats the purpose of having a easy and simple solution.
For this apps are the way to go.

I don't know enough about it to be able to comment yet, I'm still in the very early learning stage. I think there is a way somehow (hopefully).

I HAVE SOME BIG NEWS.......

When watching a replay the PS4 puts out UDP data! Now you can watch telemetry on replays. It even worked when I fast forwarded it. Was tested with PCARS Dash. I'd assume all apps would work too. Please test and let me know.

EDIT* crew chief on PC also does this!

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 19:55
Ok guys crew chief is great and works! :applouse:

Any telemetry or dash app working on win 10 so that i can run a test with it too?

BTW the "car on the right... still there" "clean right" is PRECIOUS! Now i just have to find a way to send it to speakers too or get headphones lol

Jbpd
14-12-2015, 20:02
Bought pcars dash but suffering really bad lag on my ps4 and iPad Air

Reduced all the way down to setting 9 and still have delay

Can I do anything else to improve the lag?

azidahaka
14-12-2015, 20:05

9 is very slow mate. use 5 or less

Jbpd
14-12-2015, 20:09
Lag was worse the lower the number ��

Tim Mann
14-12-2015, 20:34
The first post will be updated with the dpad/pad bit patterns (It's actually the same for all platforms).

Fil140
14-12-2015, 22:05
Cjorgens79 you lil ripper, thisvis magic! Sony experia z works great,my wifi is a bit laggy but even so,its still great man!.thankyou. Is crew chief ready,do you know.....anyone?

Str3l0k
14-12-2015, 22:06
HUD Dash is now also UDP ready and the updated version is available through the Play Store.
I will open a new thread for discussion later.

Pappa_Stig
14-12-2015, 22:40
Thanks, glad you like it. May I ask what device(s) you are running it on?

No, thank you mate :)

Using a HTC Desire 510, which is a pretty cheap phone, and it works perfectly. Didn't notice any lagging or any problems at all.

Now I just need to replace the battery in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and I'll use that too. Typically it packed it in a week before the patch released. Was prob my fault though, I never used it so it sat around for weeks at a time without being charged.

JohnSchoonsBeard
14-12-2015, 22:44
Has anyone got an idea on getting a HTC One X working with the UDP. As an example pCARS Dash loads but as soon as data appears the info freezes one the screen although the app is still active. I've tried. The app developer suspected some HTC devices might have problems but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting it working with the UDP (data stream)/the app. It works on both a Sony Z5 phone and ipod touch I have so it's not a disaster but I was hoping to go overkill and have three devices running :)

To Tim the Mann a thousand thank yous.

TheJuzzy
14-12-2015, 22:51
It works on windows phones to , just tried it and it great , only thing is its the only Pcar's app in the windows store and it $5 buck's aus , still I think its worth it .

TheJuzzy
14-12-2015, 22:55
Has anyone got an idea on getting a HTC One X working with the UDP. As an example pCARS Dash loads but as soon as data appears the info freezes one the screen although the app is still active. I've tried. The app developer suspected some HTC devices might have problems but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting it working with the UDP (data stream)/the app. It works on both a Sony Z5 phone and ipod touch I have so it's not a disaster but I was hoping to go overkill and have three devices running :)

To Tim the Mann a thousand thank yous. Clear the browser history on you phone , plus turn off back ground stuff that is running . A check how much clear memory you have left .

Pappa_Stig
14-12-2015, 23:35
Maybe try a factory reset if you don't need the stuff on the phone.

Also yes Tim you are the man thank you so much for making this a reality for us lowly console peasants :D

Edit:

I got my tab 2 working! Found some weird set of instructions buried in a random forum while I was searching in my desperate last ditch effort to find a way to bring it back from the dead.

Believe it or not this actually worked, so if anyone else has a galaxy tab that won't turn on or charge at all, try this!

1) open up the tab using a prying tool (or in my case excessive force and a set of mini screwdrivers lol).

2) disconnect the battery from the motherboard.

3) disconnect the screen from the motherboard (centre ribbon in the tab 2 10.1).

4) wait at least ten minutes before plugging the battery back in, but leave the screen unplugged.

5) plug in the charger and leave it for two hours.

6) unplug charger, re-connect the screen to the motherboard, turn on the tab, and it should start up with at least half battery life.

I couldn't believe this worked. I had tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery before to no avail, but doing the whole disconnecting the screen to charge it thing worked lol.

So I now have Pcars dash installed on my Tab 2, and I shall run it alongside my phone. Using the phone for a motec style screen above the wheel base, and the Tab on the telemetry or full info HUD beside the wheel. I've already made a mount for the tab, but I'll have to buy a flexi phone holder to get the phone where I want it.

Mr.60trim
15-12-2015, 07:14
I can confirm that both PCars Dash and CrewChief work individually on Android HTC One phone. However at the moment, PCars Dash & CrewChief are not working simultaneously when using one phone/tablet. This would be awesome if both PCars and CrewChief could work simultaneously when using one device. mr_belowski said it will get looked at to see if there's a possibility of making this happen.

On another note, I would like to sincerely thank everyone involved in making these great add-ons possible for this game. Essentially, these new features breathe a new life into PCars. It's as if the game has completely been revamped. CrewChief is amazing! It really exemplifies what auto-racing is about...gotta love the foul-mouth radio chatter. It reminds me of when I actually watch the 24hr LeMans race on tv/online. PCars Dash is unreal. The ability to now remove all on-screen HUD truly emphasizes the immersion factor.

Although it still has it's quirks, PCars is truly setting the stage for the future of sim-racing. In addition to that, this community continues to show what it means to have a vested interest in the betterment and future of PCars for years to come.

Again, a huge thank you to all involved in making this happen.

madmax2069
15-12-2015, 07:25
Ive been running the Android App Hud dash while Crew Chief android App is running in the background, and they run flawlessly together on a single device (Galaxy S3).

2stains
15-12-2015, 09:09
Ive been running the Android App Hud dash while Crew Chief android App is running in the background, and they run flawlessly together on a single device (Galaxy S3).
Same here Crew Chief and Hud Dash at the same time on same phone . Works great .
Samsung Galaxy s4.
Thanks SMS and Hud Dash and Crew Chief .

Str3l0k
15-12-2015, 09:15
Same here Crew Chief and Hud Dash at the same time on same phone . Works great .
Samsung Galaxy s4.

I used the code from the Crew Chief developer to make them work together, you have to thank
him, that he posted the correct code here. :)

2stains
15-12-2015, 09:25
what do you mean, "extensive"? Just install the android app, set the UDP option in PCars to 1, 2, or 3, and run the android app
Will your app be on Google play store ? as I've installed it on my android phone and have to allow the unknown sources on my phone , this is not the preferred way to install apps.

GForce
15-12-2015, 09:27
Will your app be on Google play store ? as I've installed it on my android phone and have to allow the unknown sources on my phone , this is not the preferred way to install apps.

Should come to the store soon, but (as far as I know) final release date is not known yet.

Cu
GForce

jimmyb_84
15-12-2015, 09:28

it's currently a test version, you could choose to wait for the official version if you don't want to allow "unknown source" test version will stop working on Thursday anyway

GForce
15-12-2015, 09:32
"new" test version (working for some more days) is available here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users/page106

Cu
GForce

mr_belowski
15-12-2015, 09:40
I'm still working on it - was up till 1am arsing about with Marshmallow's permission model, which is a right ball-ache and needs a rework of the app's workflow. Nearly there tho. Then some more sweary messages (just because), then a quick video of the app in action and some more testing, then release. Should be tomorrow sometime I think.

The app will have 3 versions - the demo (Brands Hatch only and no swearing), the clean version, and the filthy version (which needs a little more filthing-up).

jimmyb_84
15-12-2015, 09:43
I'm still working on it - was up till 1am arsing about with Marshmallow's permission model, which is a right ball-ache and needs a rework of the app's workflow. Nearly there tho. Then some more sweary messages (just because), then a quick video of the app in action and some more testing, then release. Should be tomorrow sometime I think.

The app will have 3 versions - the demo (Brands Hatch only and no swearing), the clean version, and the filthy version (which needs a little more filthing-up).

Great stuff, you do work fast. I cannot wait for the bad language to begin

atomicBRblaster
15-12-2015, 10:27
I'm just wondering....That UDP feature will allow pCARS Profiler to work on PS4 too?

jimmyb_84
15-12-2015, 10:31
I'm just wondering....That UDP feature will allow pCARS Profiler to work on PS4 too?

No, only apps that the developer has made compatible currently PCARS Dash and Crew Chief, vrHive should be along soon and Vdash is also rumoured to be in development.

Check this area for further info
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?136-Project-CARS-APP-amp-API-Discussion

TheReaper GT
15-12-2015, 11:24
Hud dash is also compatible. Vdash will be in the next version...

Goruk
15-12-2015, 11:55
Hi there guys,

Yesterday i´ve tested Crewchief and pcars dash and i like to do some comments.

Crewchief on android:
I´ve used a Galaxy S4, works great, i just need to figure out how to make the phone stops from slep.
Realy helpful stuf, it tells you everything you need to know, from the car at your side to the lap time you doing, the gap to the car in front and behind, the temp on your tires and brakes, and of curse damage.
One time i damage my car realy bad and hear this "your aero seems prety Fu*** up" LOL, just gold.
Things to improve:
After i´ve pass a car on the side of the track, every time i pass that spot, he told me there was a car there, maybe it was the game sending the wrong information...
On nordschleife he was tell me that there was a car every time i pass a specific spot, and there was no car there...
All sum up, this is a must have app to everyone playing Project cars!!!
And now my app have expired.....

pCars Dash on android.

Also used a Galaxy S4, and if you thing on using this on a small phone screen, well think again, the only usable screen on a phone is the reduce one, all the others, as they show so much information are hadr to read, you better think of a bigger tablet screen.
I realy like the graphics and how clean and sharp everything looks, just waiting for a bigger screen....
The big plus on this app is that you can visualy see how much damage you have and it calculates the fuel you need to complete a race, these two aspects are fundamental to decide your estrategy on the fly on a long race.
The thing i would like to see was the relative time between me and all the others, i don´t know if it is possible or how hard it is to implement, but if it was implement, this would be the only app (with Crewcief) you would ever need.
All sum up, get a big tablet screen and buy it... and use your phone with the reduce screen in front of you...

Cheers

jimmyb_84
15-12-2015, 11:59

I've downloaded the free version but not been able to test yet. Cheers

atomicBRblaster
15-12-2015, 12:51

I prefer Dash Meter Pro....Few hours ago I sent an e-mail to the developer asking about the support. Let's see if he will answer...

Hope soon we can have an app that store the telemetry data for future analisys...=/ Some realtime data is useless...lol...

TheReaper GT
15-12-2015, 12:55
I prefer Dash Meter Pro....Few hours ago I sent an e-mail to the developer asking about the support. Let's see if he will answer...

Hope soon we can have an app that store the telemetry data for future analisys...=/ Some realtime data is useless...lol...

I've done that, he said he would have a look at the udp implementation but has no plans to support it in the short term.... Don't hold your breath.... Maybe with more people showing interest he can make his mind up...

Mr.60trim
15-12-2015, 13:16
Hi there guys,

Crewchief on android:
I´ve used a Galaxy S4, works great, i just need to figure out how to make the phone stops from slep.
Realy helpful stuf, it tells you everything you need to know, from the car at your side to the lap time you doing, the gap to the car in front and behind, the temp on your tires and brakes, and of curse damage.
One time i damage my car realy bad and hear this "your aero seems prety Fu*** up" LOL, just gold.
Things to improve:
After i´ve pass a car on the side of the track, every time i pass that spot, he told me there was a car there, maybe it was the game sending the wrong information...
On nordschleife he was tell me that there was a car every time i pass a specific spot, and there was no car there...

pCars Dash on android.

Also used a Galaxy S4, and if you thing on using this on a small phone screen, well think again, the only usable screen on a phone is the reduce one, all the others, as they show so much information are hadr to read, you better think of a bigger tablet screen.
I realy like the graphics and how clean and sharp everything looks, just waiting for a bigger screen....
The big plus on this app is that you can visualy see how much damage you have and it calculates the fuel you need to complete a race, these two aspects are fundamental to decide your estrategy on the fly on a long race.
The thing i would like to see was the relative time between me and all the others, i don´t know if it is possible or how hard it is to implement, but if it was implement, this would be the only app (with Crewcief) you would ever need.
All sum up, get a big tablet screen and buy it... and use your phone with the reduce screen in front of you...

Cheers
Were you using both PCars and Crew Chief at the same time? Or was this individually?

Mr.60trim
15-12-2015, 13:19

Samsung Galaxy s4.
Thanks for the heads up guys. Looks like I may have to look into HUD Dash

Goruk
15-12-2015, 14:12
Were you using both PCars and Crew Chief at the same time? Or was this individually?

individually, will try both at the same time tonight....

Edit: just remember, i can´t, my crewchief expired.... when wil it be avaiable for purchase?

jimmyb_84
15-12-2015, 14:24
individually, will try both at the same time tonight....

Edit: just remember, i can´t, my crewchief expired.... when wil it be avaiable for purchase?

check crew chief thread for an updated test app link

Goruk
15-12-2015, 14:52
check crew chief thread for an updated test app link

Thanks, just saw that..:encouragement:

diesel97
15-12-2015, 15:33

FYI you can look at your info in slow motion replays

cjorgens79
15-12-2015, 16:05

There is a patch coming soon with performance improvements for iOS, ive had one other person mention lag problems with iPad Air. Ive got an older iPad3 which works faultless so i would have thought the iPad Air would be ok too as i thought it was newer. Anyway, big performance patch on its way that should hopefully resolve your issue. You should be using a setting of 5 or maybe 6 really, anything higher would be slower, anything lower might be too fast for the iPad Air by the sounds of it

Jbpd
15-12-2015, 16:11
Thanks I'll have to wait for update then

The lower the number I try the worse the lag, on 5 it's a good 6-7 secs behind and the lower the number I try the worse it's gets.

Going down to 9 had the least lag but is still behind so couldn't use for dash, but isn.t too bad for the timing

vallist
15-12-2015, 17:52

The lower the number I try the worse the lag, on 5 it's a good 6-7 secs behind and the lower the number I try the worse it's gets.

Going down to 9 had the least lag but is still behind so couldn't use for dash, but isn.t too bad for the timing

UDP 5 is fine with iPad2. Lower and higher lagging

TrueNOS2
15-12-2015, 19:16
I am happy to report that pCars Dash Android App works well with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and simultaneously as well! Thank you for your work and dedication to this project both Tim Mann and cjorgens79. It had come a long way from [NOT POSSIBLE] to [COMPLETE].

Synner40
15-12-2015, 19:21
UDP 5 is fine with iPad2. Lower and higher lagging

I been using 1 with little to no issues on my iPad2 running iOS 8.1.1
havnt tried it on my iPod 5 running iOS 9 yet.

TheReaper GT
15-12-2015, 19:22
I been using 1 with little to no issues on my iPad2 running iOS 8.1.1
havnt tried it on my iPod 5 running iOS 9 yet.

That really depends on a number of network factors.

CreamyDischarge
15-12-2015, 19:29
iPad mini 2 / iPad mini 3 / iPhone all suffering lag when set to 1.

When I change to 2/3/4/5 etc the lag is reduced but there is a loss of fidelity and monitoring the throttle etc seem completely out of whack.

Mauler_77
15-12-2015, 22:00
Hi there guys,

Crewchief on android:
Things to improve:

pCars Dash on android.

Cheers

I emailed the pCARS Dash app dev earlier today who told me the API didn't allow delta times for car ahead/behind but he is working on something based on some other info that should work almost as well as the in-game times. Maybe not to the millisecond but at least something. It's the first thing I noticed was absent from the otherwise excellent app. Hopefully will come soon.

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 00:16

Try set it to 5, go into practice, drive out on track and pause the game (that should stop the feed), wait 10 seconds, then resume and see if you still have lag. 5-6 seconds lag is pretty extreme, that means the device really isnt able to keep up (or you have been switching out to other apps with the network messages being buffered while your off doing something else on the device). The app would be asleep if you were doing something else so when it became active again it would have a large backlog of messages. I would also suggest shutting down any other running apps you have that could be using CPU in the background causing the performance to degrade. One other thing to try is start pCars Dash before you start Project CARS on the PS4 so its ready to go as soon as the telemetry stream starts coming in

cjorgens79
16-12-2015, 00:18
iPad mini 2 / iPad mini 3 / iPhone all suffering lag when set to 1.

When I change to 2/3/4/5 etc the lag is reduced but there is a loss of fidelity and monitoring the throttle etc seem completely out of whack.

Your profile says your on PC, have you used pCars Dash before with the old Shared Memory interface (with pCars Transmitter) and did you have any lag issues?

Mr.60trim
16-12-2015, 03:38
I can confirm that both HUD Dash and Crew Chief work (simultaneously) on my HTC One Android phone. I started HUD Dash first and then CrewChief and everything seemed to be in working order using one mobile device. The full version of HUD Dash is awesome! The ability to adjust the dash to your personal preference is a big plus in my book. You can start from scratch or adjust default templates...really nice touch.

Here's mine (entire background = RPM shift light):

GForce
16-12-2015, 06:31
There is a patch coming soon with performance improvements for iOS, ive had one other person mention lag problems with iPad Air. Ive got an older iPad3 which works faultless so i would have thought the iPad Air would be ok too as i thought it was newer. Anyway, big performance patch on its way that should hopefully resolve your issue. You should be using a setting of 5 or maybe 6 really, anything higher would be slower, anything lower might be too fast for the iPad Air by the sounds of it

Colleague of mine is having problems with lag/delay with his Ipad mini, while my Ipad 2 is working without any problem.

Cu
GForce

GForce
16-12-2015, 06:40
I can confirm that PCars Dash is working without any problems with IPad2, Iphone 6 and Iphone 4 (not S) with UDP5.

And with an Iphone 4 your cockpit can look like this :) (prototyp, 10 mins work yesterday, will make this looking better over the weekend)

Cu
GForce

RomKnight
16-12-2015, 10:59
Too much lag to be usefull on my android.

At least it worked, I was worried with the UDP and some android devices because of previous problems but... works.

Problem is the lag between updates on the screen. at 1 or 5. Didn't try the slower ones but for apps that would give use suspension telemetry slower might not be good enough.

I'm using HUD Dash (already had it)

jimmyb_84
16-12-2015, 11:06
I can confirm that both HUD Dash and Crew Chief work (simultaneously) on my HTC One Android phone. I started HUD Dash first and then CrewChief and everything seemed to be in working order using one mobile device. The full version of HUD Dash is awesome! The ability to adjust the dash to your personal preference is a big plus in my book. You can start from scratch or adjust default templates...really nice touch.

Here's mine (entire background = RPM shift light):

really makes me want to get the paid version

Jbpd
16-12-2015, 11:21
Try set it to 5, go into practice, drive out on track and pause the game (that should stop the feed), wait 10 seconds, then resume and see if you still have lag. 5-6 seconds lag is pretty extreme, that means the device really isnt able to keep up (or you have been switching out to other apps with the network messages being buffered while your off doing something else on the device). The app would be asleep if you were doing something else so when it became active again it would have a large backlog of messages. I would also suggest shutting down any other running apps you have that could be using CPU in the background causing the performance to degrade. One other thing to try is start pCars Dash before you start Project CARS on the PS4 so its ready to go as soon as the telemetry stream starts coming in

Thanks for suggestions unfortuntly none had the desired effect, will try it on my iphone 4 later see if that lags also

memoric77
16-12-2015, 11:26
I can confirm that PCars Dash is working without any problems with IPad2, Iphone 6 and Iphone 4 (not S) with UDP5.

And with an Iphone 4 your cockpit can look like this :) (prototyp, 10 mins work yesterday, will make this looking better over the weekend)

Cu
GForce

Ist das dein Gute-Nacht-Fläschchen? :)

NavyFlipper HUN
16-12-2015, 11:33
wat?

GForce
16-12-2015, 11:40
Ist das dein Gute-Nacht-Fläschchen? :)

Ja, mit Hefeweizen drin. Tarnung :) Und mein Bett-Hasi! :devilish:

@all non german speaking folks - Beer talk :)

Cu
GForce

MikeyTT
16-12-2015, 14:19
Just to let all you over here in this corner of the forum. I've just release vrHive with updated UDP support for PS4, XB1 and PC !!

The post is over here with all the gory details: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33881-vrHive-Dashes-Telemetry-Live-Data-Arduino-Client-Server-etc&p=1193272&viewfull=1#post1193272

For those looking to store and analyse telemetry, vrHive supports all of that functionality. You can even share exported laps between XB1/PC and PS4 friends.

TheReaper GT
16-12-2015, 14:36
Great stuff

atomicBRblaster
16-12-2015, 14:36
I've done that, he said he would have a look at the udp implementation but has no plans to support it in the short term.... Don't hold your breath.... Maybe with more people showing interest he can make his mind up...

Yup...Sadly he answered me yesterday and said the same thing...I hope he change his mind about it. With it and some improvments it could be one of the best or even the best companion app out there.

I still finding some app that I can use on my PS4 while it doesn't happen.

Any suggestions? I don't like pCARS Dash...=(

TheReaper GT
16-12-2015, 14:38
Yup...Sadly he answered me yesterday and said the same thing...I hope he change his mind about it. With it and some improvments it could be one of the best or even the best companion app out there.

I still finding some app that I can use on my PS4 while it doesn't happen.

Any suggestions? I don't like pCARS Dash...=(

Hud dash and vdash on Android. VrHive on Windows.

GForce
16-12-2015, 14:43
Just to let all you over here in this corner of the forum. I've just release vrHive with updated UDP support for PS4, XB1 and PC !!

The post is over here with all the gory details: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33881-vrHive-Dashes-Telemetry-Live-Data-Arduino-Client-Server-etc&p=1193272&viewfull=1#post1193272

For those looking to store and analyse telemetry, vrHive supports all of that functionality. You can even share exported laps between XB1/PC and PS4 friends.

Good stuff!
Downloading and hopefully starting to test later today!

Cu
GForce

GForce
16-12-2015, 15:11
Hud Dash is crashing all the time for me on Galaxy S4 and Droid4x

Anybody else with such a problem?

Cu
GForce

Str3l0k
16-12-2015, 15:23
Hud Dash is crashing all the time for me on Galaxy S4 and Droid4x

Anybody else with such a problem?

Cu
GForce

Just on startup or when you do anything?

TheReaper GT
16-12-2015, 15:57
VRHive tested and approved, great app. Runs very well alongside with Crewchief..

ports
16-12-2015, 16:02
VRHive tested and approved, great app. Runs very well alongside with Crewchief..

Your not wrong i love it it's brilliant .

gmspromo
16-12-2015, 17:44
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but are their Linux apps out there in the wild, that make use of the UDP stream?

TheReaper GT
16-12-2015, 17:49
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but are their Linux apps out there in the wild, that make use of the UDP stream?

I really don't think so. Maybe an android emulator for Linux?

gmspromo
16-12-2015, 17:51
I really don't think so. Maybe an android emulator for Linux?

Sadly kinda funny seeing as android is pretty much based on Linux ...

LVracerGT
16-12-2015, 18:02
Is anyone else having problems with accurate data on Hud Dash with Android on PS4? All the other dash's I've downloaded work perfect. I like Hud Dash the best but I'm having problems with it.

The fuel numbers are either completely off or don't show up at all. If I try to reset calculated fuel data the app crashes immediately every time.

My track temps show in C even though I have the settings to F. Pcars dash shows my track and ambient temps in F.

The tire temp widget that shows tire color reads way high (like 1900) and the tires are always red but the widget that just shows a number reads perfect in F

The shift light area you can size and put behind the gear number is inop, but if I make the whole background the shift light it works perfect. (Also don't like how early it lights up compared to the LED shift lights even with the setting at 100).

Oil and water temps show in C with settings set to F.

I have a stock LG G3 with Android 5.1 and all the other dash apps I've downloaded have no issues with data accuracy. Can anybody help? I really like Hud Dash. I'm also running the UDP stream on 5, not sure if that affects anything but Crew Chief is working without issues as well.

Str3l0k
16-12-2015, 18:07
Is anyone else having problems with accurate data on Hud Dash with Android on PS4? All the other dash's I've downloaded work perfect. I like Hud Dash the best but I'm having problems with it.

The fuel numbers are either completely off or don't show up at all. If I try to reset calculated fuel data the app crashes immediately every time.

My track temps show in C even though I have the settings to F. Pcars dash shows my track and ambient temps in F.

The tire temp widget that shows tire color reads way high (like 1900) and the tires are always red but the widget that just shows a number reads perfect in F

The shift light area you can size and put behind the gear number is inop, but if I make the whole background the shift light it works perfect. (Also don't like how early it lights up compared to the LED shift lights even with the setting at 100).

Oil and water temps show in C with settings set to F.

I have a stock LG G3 with Android 5.1 and all the other dash apps I've downloaded have no issues with data accuracy. Can anybody help? I really like Hud Dash

Hey,
I uploaded an update just a few moments ago.
The values in the widgets (fuel, position, tire cond, susp cond, shift flash) should be fine now.
The shift backgrounds were using a wrong threshold, should be fixed, too.

I got a mail that the Temperature unit is faulty. I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Reset data had an error, which is also fixed.

Please open the play store to download the update, besides the unit problem the bugs should be fixed now.
If it's ok use Celsius until I figure out the problem.

Thanks

RomKnight
16-12-2015, 18:14
I can't compare with others but I can't even use it ATM because of the lag. Mu pc is wired but then it is wi-fi from router to android phone, obviously.

I can't seem to be able to alt-tab without it "freezing". No telemetry reader app needed now so it is the app on the phone I guess.

I have to stop pcars, clean the phone apps to force a new "open" and then it starts working again.

/edit

just read the post above... lets see if the reset data thing solves my freeze on alt-tab.

LVracerGT
16-12-2015, 19:05
Hey,
I uploaded an update just a few moments ago.
The values in the widgets (fuel, position, tire cond, susp cond, shift flash) should be fine now.
The shift backgrounds were using a wrong threshold, should be fixed, too.

I got a mail that the Temperature unit is faulty. I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Reset data had an error, which is also fixed.

Please open the play store to download the update, besides the unit problem the bugs should be fixed now.
If it's ok use Celsius until I figure out the problem.

Thanks

Awesome response time! Thank you! :cool:

Also since now I know you're here, what does the "live edit" option under connection do? And would it be possible to get some more background options or be able to change the color of the background? Thanks :)

Str3l0k
16-12-2015, 19:19
Awesome response time! Thank you! :cool:

Also since now I know you're here, what does the "live edit" option under connection do? And would it be possible to get some more background options or be able to change the color of the background? Thanks :)

Live edit is that the telemetry connection is not paused while editing.
The data will be shown while you can edit the layout.

Background and color options are planned, yes.

LVracerGT
16-12-2015, 19:31
Amazing. Loving your work!

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
16-12-2015, 20:04
Tested hud dash on sony t3, nexus 7 and z3 comoact tablet. Everything works fine. I have one question, why is there a small delay when switching between layouts, it takes a sec to load background. Other then that it works great. It would be cool if we could choose different tacho and rpm gauges (analog ones) beside the stock ones, e.g. Ferrari tacho and rpm, porches or different manufacturer :-)

JohnSchoonsBeard
16-12-2015, 20:24
Here are a couple of HUD Dash screenshots I've created. Working on my Sony Xperia Z5.

Amazing. Loving your work!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12377892_797514497037691_8496931430389143552_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

I like rev lights

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12363262_797514590371015_4735854071886152836_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Looking forward to the data fixes. Many thanks.

Mr.60trim
16-12-2015, 21:00
^ There's a lot happening there...I wouldn't be able to focus on the race.

Str3l0k
16-12-2015, 22:14
Tested hud dash on sony t3, nexus 7 and z3 comoact tablet. Everything works fine. I have one question, why is there a small delay when switching between layouts, it takes a sec to load background. Other then that it works great. It would be cool if we could choose different tacho and rpm gauges (analog ones) beside the stock ones, e.g. Ferrari tacho and rpm, porches or different manufacturer :-)

The delay differs from device to device and is because the image has to be loaded.
Especially on devices with high res displays the images get quite large and take some time to load.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
16-12-2015, 22:25
The delay differs from device to device and is because the image has to be loaded.
Especially on devices with high res displays the images get quite large and take some time to load.

Picture223985
Utilizing my kids duplo bricks :-).

mr_belowski
16-12-2015, 22:30
lego phone holders. You, sir, are a genius

jimmyb_84
16-12-2015, 22:35
Picture223985
Utilizing my kids duplo bricks :-).

That's genius!

Fractured Life
16-12-2015, 23:01
Thats Duplo yo.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
16-12-2015, 23:27
Funny thing is that nexus fits perfectly, almost no spare space :-).

SUBGTRACER
16-12-2015, 23:37
Rofl well done Sir !

Biddrace
16-12-2015, 23:54

congratulations for the work , very good app .
I would make one question , the " Show time of the drivers on the track " active?...
consumption tires seems different from the graph of the game , which is the correct ?
the graphics of the hud is editable?
Sorry for my English

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-12-2015, 02:37
^ There's a lot happening there...I wouldn't be able to focus on the race.

Yeah, I just wanted to see how much I could get on screen at once :)

BannockMille
17-12-2015, 06:00
Does the UDP data stream work with replays? Or just live racing?

GForce
17-12-2015, 06:37
Just on startup or when you do anything?

When editing the Screen (Test Version).

Cu
GForce

MikeyTT
17-12-2015, 10:58
congratulations for the work , very good app .
I would make one question , the " Show time of the drivers on the track " active?...
consumption tires seems different from the graph of the game , which is the correct ?
the graphics of the hud is editable?
Sorry for my English

Yes it's active. You have to run vrHive before you start a session due to the data types not always being transmitted. The timing also only works when you are on a full lap, i.e. in Practice, the first lap out of the pits isn't timed (generally), so you don't get any time displayed. But as soon as you cross the line it should be good to go.

On the tyre front they are both correct! In-game the graph is for 50% tyre wear. My app is for 100%. Generally when you transition from green into orange on my graph that's 50%, so you should really think about changing tyres then, but you can still race on.

Editable dashes is on my todo list. I have a prototype in-progress already, which will allow you to do exactly that, but I still have a few things to iron out. But yes it is coming.

MikeyTT
17-12-2015, 11:02
@Tim:

Can I make a suggestion on the variance of the different data packet types being transmitted?

When you're in the menus, i.e. sat in the pits can we have the Type 2 and Type 3s sent more often (maybe just alternating between 1-2-3..1-2-3, etc.). I've seen a few times where the type 2 message is lost in transit, so you never get the drivers name, track, car, etc. If this were sent when the real type 1 data was less important from a frequency perspective, i.e. in the pits, then it would solve a lot of issues, well for me anyway ;)

Biddrace
17-12-2015, 12:12
Yes it's active. You have to run vrHive before you start a session due to the data types not always being transmitted. The timing also only works when you are on a full lap, i.e. in Practice, the first lap out of the pits isn't timed (generally), so you don't get any time displayed. But as soon as you cross the line it should be good to go.

On the tyre front they are both correct! In-game the graph is for 50% tyre wear. My app is for 100%. Generally when you transition from green into orange on my graph that's 50%, so you should really think about changing tyres then, but you can still race on.

Editable dashes is on my todo list. I have a prototype in-progress already, which will allow you to do exactly that, but I still have a few things to iron out. But yes it is coming.

thank you so much for the information, I'll try tonight and let you know , thanks

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:31
For anyone that wants to use Crew Chief with pCars Dash, i have just posted an update to pCars Dash that will allow them to work together at the same time on the same device. Will be available as an update via Google Play within the next couple of hours. Version will show 2.2a when updated. Cheers

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:36
<deleted> nevermind

Steve UK
17-12-2015, 12:47
That's good to know, thank you.

I am struggling with what to buy to use these apps, thinking of a Hudl2 or Amazon fire 7. Will either of these work?

Thanks,

Steve

cjorgens79
17-12-2015, 12:52

I am struggling with what to buy to use these apps, thinking of a Hudl2 or Amazon fire 7. Will either of these work?

Thanks,

Steve

I don't know if either of those will work. I have been compiling a list of devices which people have reported work and dont work. You can see it here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1021799&viewfull=1#post1021799

TheReaper GT
17-12-2015, 12:58
I don't know if either of those will work. I have been compiling a list of devices which people have reported work and dont work. You can see it here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1021799&viewfull=1#post1021799
You can add Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy A7 A700 and galaxy note 3 and 4 to the list... All working great.

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 13:59

Thanks,

Steve

HUD dash works with hudl2. I'm using it. Crew chief is a bit sporadic on it.Bit weird!

Gassolini
17-12-2015, 14:41
A couple of Qs before I spend time with this:

- Is there any "official" unpacking code?
- Are the new parameters, such as suspension data appended to the shared memory struct, and if not, will it be done?

mr_belowski
17-12-2015, 15:01
1: no, you have to roll your own - C# struct makes life easier, in Java / Android you have to get your hands dirty
2: I don't think it'll be done, at least, there are no plans for it

TrueNOS2
17-12-2015, 15:04
Just an observation but pCars Dash works well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with minimal "lag" but HUD Dash has significantly more "lag" on this same device, network etc.

mr_belowski
17-12-2015, 15:08
HUD dash works with hudl2. I'm using it. Crew chief is a bit sporadic on it.Bit weird!

Can you be a bit more specific about your issue with Crew Chief? If you run it on its own with UDP in PCars set to 2 or 3, does it work properly? It does depend on a decent network connection between your console and your phone. In my nerd-cave I was using powerline networking to connect my PC to my WiFi router, but the packet loss made Crew Chief really flakey. If this is the issue, I'm afraid the only fix is going to be an ethernet cable

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 16:38
Can you be a bit more specific about your issue with Crew Chief? If you run it on its own with UDP in PCars set to 2 or 3, does it work properly? It does depend on a decent network connection between your console and your phone. In my nerd-cave I was using powerline networking to connect my PC to my WiFi router, but the packet loss made Crew Chief really flakey. If this is the issue, I'm afraid the only fix is going to be an ethernet cable

Hi there.If UDP is set at 3 it runs pretty good apart from the fact it's very hard to hear what he's saying clearly because of the background noise that's played at the same time!

mr_belowski
17-12-2015, 16:44
turn the background noise down - it's in the preferences screen, right near the top

Biddrace
17-12-2015, 16:59
For anyone that wants to use Crew Chief with pCars Dash, i have just posted an update to pCars Dash that will allow them to work together at the same time on the same device. Will be available as an update via Google Play within the next couple of hours. Version will show 2.2a when updated. Cheers

thanks for this update .
in which device they work together ? tablet ( pcars dash ) or PC ( Crew Chief )

mr_belowski
17-12-2015, 17:02
tablet / phone - cjorgens' update allows his app to run along side other phone / tablet apps so you can have his app running on the same tablet / phone as another app, for example, my app :)

TheReaper GT
17-12-2015, 17:03
tablet / phone - cjorgens' update allows his app to run along side other phone / tablet apps so you can have his app running on the same tablet / phone as another app, for example, my app :)

Confirmed, working great together...

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 17:20
turn the background noise down - it's in the preferences screen, right near the top

Can't seem to find it in the settings.:confused:

Sorry found it .Done!

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 18:05

It works with Hudl2.
Just purchased and tried it out.Excellent!!

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-12-2015, 18:52

I can confirm my HTC one X is now working with all current android apps (it was me that reported otherwise). I don't know why..... it wasn't working yesterday when other devices were. Now all my devices work, namely

Sony Xperia Z5
HTC One X

And on iOS
Ipod touch from early 2010.

Does the UDP data stream work with replays? Or just live racing?

Benja190782
17-12-2015, 19:47
Okay, how does this exactly work?

1. Xbox One! :yes:
2. Project CARS! :yes:
3. Apple iPad Air 2! :yes:
4. Download PCARS App from App Store! :yes:

What else do I need to do?
Do I need to set up my XB1 somehow?
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't get it to work..

beetes_juice
17-12-2015, 19:50
Turn on the UDP setting in project cars gameplay options

RomKnight
17-12-2015, 22:05
And enjoy eheh

mjemec11
17-12-2015, 22:21
And possibly forward UDP port 5606 on your router.

Haiden
18-12-2015, 01:20
I got PCars Dash up and running on my tablet. I like it a lot. Pretty cool app.

I noticed that the temps on my brakes match the temps I see on screen, but the brakes turn red in the app way before they turn red in the game, and I think by a few hundred degrees. The same thing seems to happen with tire temps. Red in the app, well before any section of the tire even starts turning brown in the game. The tire wear doesn't seem to match either. Although, there, the screen shows more wear than the app, but the app's numbers feel more like the grip I have in game.

Does anyone else have this issue? Why are the figures different, and better yet, which one is right?

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 02:00
I got PCars Dash up and running on my tablet. I like it a lot. Pretty cool app.

I noticed that the temps on my brakes match the temps I see on screen, but the brakes turn red in the app way before they turn red in the game, and I think by a few hundred degrees. The same thing seems to happen with tire temps. Red in the app, well before any section of the tire even starts turning brown in the game. The tire wear doesn't seem to match either. Although, there, the screen shows more wear than the app, but the app's numbers feel more like the grip I have in game.

Does anyone else have this issue? Why are the figures different, and better yet, which one is right?

With regards to tire wear, the in game HUD shows wear to 50% (ie when the in game HUD shows the tires are worn out, they are actually at 50%). My app (and some of the others) show the FULL tire wear, so if my app shows 0%, then the tires are completely gone.

As for the colors with temps for brakes/tires, it currently just uses a range i preset in the app. I think in game there are different tire heating ranges/colours for different compounds, but we don't get that info in the API so ive just done a best guess estimate of recommended temps. I have it on my list to make the ranges configurable so you can see when they turn red etc.

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 03:54
@Tim / SMS - Any chance of a yellow banner and/or website news posting that the consoles now support third party apps? I had many many requests for this originally when Project Cars was released, chances are a number of people who don't follow the forums closely may not realise that this is now available.

Haiden
18-12-2015, 04:00
With regards to tire wear, the in game HUD shows wear to 50% (ie when the in game HUD shows the tires are worn out, they are actually at 50%). My app (and some of the others) show the FULL tire wear, so if my app shows 0%, then the tires are completely gone.

As for the colors with temps for brakes/tires, it currently just uses a range i preset in the app. I think in game there are different tire heating ranges/colours for different compounds, but we don't get that info in the API so ive just done a best guess estimate of recommended temps. I have it on my list to make the ranges configurable so you can see when they turn red etc.

Okay, cool. I was wondering if that was the case with tire wear, because I've run them down and still had grip. Somehow, the percentages showing just made sense to me that the game was only half a meter. The other temps aren't a problem. I was just wondering if that was similar to the above and the game was showing something in some custom way.

Great app, man!

Biddrace
18-12-2015, 11:55
hello guys , yesterday I tried to work together Crew Chief pCars Dash but did not succeed
what am I doing wrong?
thanks for the support
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4rlWIYyLDzOTXBic01nV2JTTms/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4rlWIYyLDzOSFRWUEVPQU51Yjg/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rlWIYyLDzOTXBic01nV2JTTms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rlWIYyLDzOSFRWUEVPQU51Yjg

cjorgens79
18-12-2015, 12:30
hello guys , yesterday I tried to work together Crew Chief pCars Dash but did not succeed
what am I doing wrong?
thanks for the support
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4rlWIYyLDzOTXBic01nV2JTTms/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4rlWIYyLDzOSFRWUEVPQU51Yjg/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rlWIYyLDzOTXBic01nV2JTTms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rlWIYyLDzOSFRWUEVPQU51Yjg

Make sure you have updated to 2.2a of pCars Dash. You should load Crew Chief, press Start, then load pCars Dash and you should be all good. Others have reported it working fine with the 2.2a patch.

TheReaper GT
18-12-2015, 12:30
Make sure you have updated to 2.2a of pCars Dash. You should load Crew Chief, press Start, then load pCars Dash and you should be all good. Others have reported it working fine with the 2.2a patch.

Confirmed, all good...
Cjorgens, can I map a button to cycle the screens on pCars dash? maybe use the same button that I use to cycle the motec screens...

Biddrace
18-12-2015, 13:21

thanks , pdash is updated , I try again tonight and give feedback

oscarolim
18-12-2015, 15:04
How can you make Hud Dash work? I downloaded the free version to test and it doesn't work at all. I don't see anything to start a connection either.

jimmyb_84
18-12-2015, 15:29
How can you make Hud Dash work? I downloaded the free version to test and it doesn't work at all. I don't see anything to start a connection either.

have you enabled UDP stream in the game? It's in gameplay options (where assists are)

oscarolim
18-12-2015, 16:26
Of course I did. It works with vrHive (but is not fast enough to be used reliably on real time), so I wanted to try a phone app before investing in purchasing one.
The phone in question is an HTC M8 which I don't think wouldn't have issues handling a UDP stream.

RomKnight
18-12-2015, 18:10
It won't improve according to my own experience.

UDP still needs some refinement it seems.

Laughing Gravy
18-12-2015, 19:39
You need to purchase the project cars "key" to be able to use the HUD dash app in the game.

mjemec11
18-12-2015, 23:24
Nope, free version works fine, but you can only put 3 elements on your HUD and you can only save one layout. But yeah, there's just a little delay in the stream that doesn't make the rev lights so useful. Tried and tested on my One M8.

Mr.60trim
19-12-2015, 00:01
But yeah, there's just a little delay in the stream that doesn't make the rev lights so useful. Tried and tested on my One M8.
To counter this, adjust your "upshift" number under "Thresholds" within the options tab. I have mine at 93 and it's perfect for me, (UDP stream rate =3). However, for you, try adjusting your upshift setting in conjunction with your UDP stream rate and see how that goes. I'm using a HTC One M7, so it should work for your M8.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 02:52
Confirmed, all good...
Cjorgens, can I map a button to cycle the screens on pCars dash? maybe use the same button that I use to cycle the motec screens...

not yet, but it is coming in another update. I only just got the dPad and joyPad mapping codes from Tim which he has added to the first page posting if anyone else needs them

oscarolim
19-12-2015, 10:16
I decided to start writing a windows app (no idea where I'm going with this, at the moment is more like an exercise and play it by ear).
However I'm having some issues grasping how to convert the stream of bytes I'm getting into a useful structure.

I'm using a Universal Windows app using JS. I've got the connection sorted with DatagramSocket and I'm getting the data into an IBuffer.

This is what I have at the moment:

var datagramSocket = new Windows.Networking.Sockets.DatagramSocket();
datagramSocket.addEventListener("messagereceived", onMessageReceived);
datagramSocket.bindServiceNameAsync(udpPort);

function onMessageReceived(eventArgument) {
try {
var stringLength = eventArgument.getDataReader().unconsumedBufferLength;
var receivedMessage = eventArgument.getDataReader().readBuffer(stringLength);
} catch (exception) {
}
}

Wonder if someone here could point me in the right direction.

mihalo
19-12-2015, 10:37
Is there any app that works with Ubuntu/Linux?

mjemec11
19-12-2015, 11:11
To counter this, adjust your "upshift" number under "Thresholds" within the options tab. I have mine at 93 and it's perfect for me, (UDP stream rate =3). However, for you, try adjusting your upshift setting in conjunction with your UDP stream rate and see how that goes. I'm using a HTC One M7, so it should work for your M8.

Can you adjust thresholds in the free version? I tried to change it, but it's greyed out. Then again I'm not at home and can't connect to the UDP stream. I'll try it when I get back home.

cjorgens79
19-12-2015, 11:21
I decided to start writing a windows app (no idea where I'm going with this, at the moment is more like an exercise and play it by ear).
However I'm having some issues grasping how to convert the stream of bytes I'm getting into a useful structure.

I'm using a Universal Windows app using JS. I've got the connection sorted with DatagramSocket and I'm getting the data into an IBuffer.

This is what I have at the moment:

var datagramSocket = new Windows.Networking.Sockets.DatagramSocket();
datagramSocket.addEventListener("messagereceived", onMessageReceived);
datagramSocket.bindServiceNameAsync(udpPort);

function onMessageReceived(eventArgument) {
try {
var stringLength = eventArgument.getDataReader().unconsumedBufferLength;
var receivedMessage = eventArgument.getDataReader().readBuffer(stringLength);
} catch (exception) {
}
}

Wonder if someone here could point me in the right direction.

You will need to read out the first 3 bytes to extract the packet type, then based on the packet type populate the appropriate struct from the data you have read. The struct layouts and types are all on the first page of this thread.

jimmyb_84
19-12-2015, 14:42
Ian Bell just confirmed UDP is planned for PCARS2 with further enhancements, this makes me happy :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43205-Another-thread-opened-Ian-is-listening&p=1195906&viewfull=1#post1195906

Tim Mann
19-12-2015, 18:43
Well, it's come an awful long way from me opening my big gob some months ago on a wet Saturday saying something on the lines of 'yeah it should be possible to shove that through a network port'. Just think, if the sun was out, none of this would have happened (but on the positive side, I would have got my decking finished).

It seems to have generated more forum traffic than anything (apart from something to do with tyre heat). I wish to thank all the app developers for continuing to add support and a special thanks to those who helped test it all in the first place.

And yes, it will make an appearance in pCars2. Also we'll look at outputting more telemetry data. The data formats will always be open and shared.

I'd like to wish you all a merry Christmas and thank you all for your continued support.

(I'm working 'till Christmas eve on a cross platform gpu compiler, it's not all showbiz and sock dancing here you know.)

Mr.60trim
19-12-2015, 19:16
I remember when all of this seemed so far-fetched, and now look at it. Strong work from everyone involved in making this possible. Thanks Tim for not losing faith in this project. Merry Christmas!

Mr.60trim
19-12-2015, 19:18
Can you adjust thresholds in the free version? I tried to change it, but it's greyed out. Then again I'm not at home and can't connect to the UDP stream. I'll try it when I get back home.
I don't believe you can on the free version.

GForce
19-12-2015, 21:18
Re-designed my cockpit today a little :)

"Dual-Screen-stand" :-) for Iphone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4

And installed at my G29 together with a Galaxy Pad to the left.

Cu
GForce

jimmyb_84
19-12-2015, 21:38
That is nice!!!

GForce
19-12-2015, 21:44
That is nice!!!

Thank you :)

Cu
GForce

mjemec11
19-12-2015, 22:03
G29 owners are lucky that the base of the wheel is flat. My T300RS has a curved base and I can't figure out how to mount my phone to it.

TheReaper GT
19-12-2015, 22:06
G29 owners are lucky that the base of the wheel is flat. My T300RS has a curved base and I can't figure out how to mount my phone to it.

Use a clamp phone support to fix it on the wheel stand or table.

GForce
19-12-2015, 22:13

The base of the G29 is not 100% flat.
I have used velcro strip to mount it on the base.

Cu
GForce

diesel97
19-12-2015, 23:24
Well, it's come an awful long way from me opening my big gob some months ago on a wet Saturday saying something on the lines of 'yeah it should be possible to shove that through a network port'. Just think, if the sun was out, none of this would have happened (but on the positive side, I would have got my decking finished).

It seems to have generated more forum traffic than anything (apart from something to do with tyre heat). I wish to thank all the app developers for continuing to add support and a special thanks to those who helped test it all in the first place.

And yes, it will make an appearance in pCars2. Also we'll look at outputting more telemetry data. The data formats will always be open and shared.

I'd like to wish you all a merry Christmas and thank you all for your continued support.

(I'm working 'till Christmas eve on a cross platform gpu compiler, it's not all showbiz and sock dancing here you know.)

HEY Tim and the app devs thanks for pushing this through on your own time with no pay (night shift is not cheap ;) it show's your drive so everyone can have the best game possible

cheers and merry christmas,happy holidays and have good new year

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
20-12-2015, 06:42
Merry Christmas to sms and app developers for making this possible.

mjemec11
20-12-2015, 11:11
The base of the G29 is not 100% flat.
I have used velcro strip to mount it on the base.

Cu
GForce

Hmm, might look into that. I have a small suction cup with a tripod thread, which I could use. The only thing I would have to get is a smartphone tripod mount.

oscarolim
20-12-2015, 15:05
Is there a post that explains what each field is? Some are obvious, but some I am a bit of a loss (like mEngineSpeed, what is the difference to mSpeed?)
Also, we have mRPM and mMaxRPM. How would I calculate when the redline is hit? Or is mMaxRPM the redline?

RiverRuckus
20-12-2015, 16:16
Hello all! I´ve bought pcars dash yesterday, fueled by many positive readings here and on gtplanet. I have pCars on PS4 with latest patch 7, PS4 is connected to my router via cable, pcars dash version is 2.2b. My android is a first generation Motorola Moto G, which I read to be or not to be compatible with UDP streaming!? I set the UDP in pCars to 5 and gave it a go. For the first ten seconds the app was working fine, then there were three seconds of incredible lag, since then the app has sat there waiting for transmitter signal. What I have tried is to forward port 5606 to my android, but I am unsure if I got everything right in my router`s settings: Here is what I put in the different fields (please excuse the german, but I think you`ll get the meanings):
Everything as it should be? Am I tough outta luck because of my shitty android device? Anything else I can try? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mr_belowski
20-12-2015, 17:03
Motog first gen should be fine. I test crew chief on my old moto with no issues. There should be no need to forward ports. It sounds like a router issue tbh. Also remove any power line network kit and ensure the WiFi connection is strong

RiverRuckus
20-12-2015, 17:23
It sounds like a router issue tbh.

I feared as much. Oh how I hate routers. Nevertheless going to try with a different android device later this evening. Thanks for the quick reply mr_belowski! :)

edit: also just saw you are on PC, do you use UDP or shared memory?
My router is a FritzBox 6340 Cable btw.

mr_belowski
20-12-2015, 18:05
Either for the PC. The shared memory implementation is recommended if you're a PC user

RiverRuckus
20-12-2015, 18:57
Well, I just had the app running again for about a lap on the Nordschleife (suddenly it came alive when I started a practice session, I really didn´t change anything), I then swiped over to the timing screen on my android, then everything froze up again, same ever since, stuck in the initial screen, waiting for a signal. Oh my. What to do?
It really feels like it`s the app freezing on my phone, not really like the router or the stream...? idk

vallist
20-12-2015, 19:56
Hi.
Is Alcatel Pixi 3 (3.5) UDP-compatible? (Crewchief, pCars Dash, HUD Dash etc)

http://alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/smartphones/pixi_3_3-5.html#.VncHHxWLTDc

Thanks

oscarolim
20-12-2015, 20:06
Had some progress done on my Windows universal app. Still a lot of improvements and a long road ahead, but not a bad start.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZLV9XeK8X8

Andrescastaned
20-12-2015, 20:06
Re-designed my cockpit today a little :)

"Dual-Screen-stand" :-) for Iphone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4

And installed at my G29 together with a Galaxy Pad to the left.

Cu
GForce

It looks like that you have a Playseat Challenge. Right?
Could you share a picture of all your setup? Front and back?

Thank you

jimmyb_84
20-12-2015, 20:10
Had some progress done on my Windows universal app. Still a lot of improvements and a long road ahead, but not a bad start.

great stuff, wish I could figure it out.

TheReaper GT
20-12-2015, 20:19

Good looking app... I have couple of suggestion though... Two more leds, and a carbon fiber looking stripe across the screen behind the leds..

oscarolim
20-12-2015, 20:57
Hopefully I will find some time this week to advance a bit more. With Christmas is difficult, but let's see :)
For a first release I want to keep it really simple (TheReaper suggestions would fit in for sure). I still have a few issues with the delay when the current lap time is on (not sure if is from using a weak phone) and need to look how it would work with different resolutions :p
But overall I'm happy with about 10h work into it.

OctoberDusk06
20-12-2015, 21:29
This is a giant leap for us console user. Makes the tire heat/wear back and forth less painful. Tim, and 3rd party app devs, thank you so much!!

Question: Will this app ever be able to be "captured" (within the app) so that you can upload the data to some full screen device and chop it up, overlay it or compare with other drivers? I've tried every screen capture device (android - Huawei Lollipop) known to man and it just will not grant access (I can't get around the 998 error - Invalid access to memory location) . Part of the problem is that I run on an old Mac for regular PC use (10.5.8) so vrHIVE is out. Is there any way at all (since the data vanishes when you either close the app or even sometimes when you exit the race) to "save" or "capture and export" the data so we can really analyze it? That would be a beautiful thing.

TheReaper GT
20-12-2015, 21:35
^^boot camp?

oscarolim
20-12-2015, 21:39
Or virtual machine. For what you ask, vrHive is there already and there's no point in someone else reinvent the wheel in this case.

jimmyb_84
20-12-2015, 22:18
^^boot camp?

that's exactly what I'm doing, I've actually got Windows 7 as a Christmas present.

GForce
21-12-2015, 07:57
It looks like that you have a Playseat Challenge. Right?
Could you share a picture of all your setup? Front and back?

Thank you

Sure, some older pictures without the Pcars Dash screens:

First try was with TM T100

But much better with G29 :)

And the "Cockpit view" at the 3 PCars Dash screens in action.

Cu
GForce

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 11:50
Well, I just had the app running again for about a lap on the Nordschleife (suddenly it came alive when I started a practice session, I really didn´t change anything), I then swiped over to the timing screen on my android, then everything froze up again, same ever since, stuck in the initial screen, waiting for a signal. Oh my. What to do?
It really feels like it`s the app freezing on my phone, not really like the router or the stream...? idk

Unfortunately thats what happens with the devices that are problematic, they will either not work at all, or only work for a short burst and then stop. Its very unlikely that pCars Dash is the issue, i suggest you try one of the other UDP compatible apps to see if they have the same problems. There is an Android version of Crew Chief. Mr_belowski is the only person ive heard of with a Moto G that works, ive had a number of others with them tell me they cant get it working, so it may be a compatibility issues with the router/AP hardware, or maybe he has different firmware.

I *may* have stumbled onto a possible way to make those flaky devices work, but I still need to do some more testing to confirm.

mr_belowski
21-12-2015, 11:55
RiverRuckus - Regarding moto Gs, mine is a 1st gen upgraded to 5.1, and works fine. I've also had a report of another moto g (again, running 5.1) working well. Might be worth you trying the crew chief demo

Cabriojoschy
21-12-2015, 12:33
I'm using the PCarsDash on my iPad Air and iPhone 6. On both devices I have a lag. When I set the UDP to 5 all values are "jumping" (rev counter is not usable with this setting). My actual setting is UDP 2, there the values are going up smooth, but iI have the "ugly" lag... Any suggestions? Using a TimeCapsule and the PS4 is connected via cable...

cjorgens79
21-12-2015, 12:45
I'm using the PCarsDash on my iPad Air and iPhone 6. On both devices I have a lag. When I set the UDP to 5 all values are "jumping" (rev counter is not usable with this setting). My actual setting is UDP 2, there the values are going up smooth, but iI have the "ugly" lag... Any suggestions? Using a TimeCapsule and the PS4 is connected via cable...

UDP 5 should not be jumping at all, it sounds like there might be some buffering or delay occuring with the UDP packets on your network. I googled Time Capsule network lag and there was alot of results, so it may be a problem with that. Do you have access to another Wifi AP or Wifi Router that you could try to see if it is the Time Capsule that is causing the problem?

TheReaper GT
21-12-2015, 12:52
UDP 5 should not be jumping at all, it sounds like there might be some buffering or delay occuring with the UDP packets on your network. I googled Time Capsule network lag and there was alot of results, so it may be a problem with that. Do you have access to another Wifi AP or Wifi Router that you could try to see if it is the Time Capsule that is causing the problem?

I can confirm, I had my xbox wired to my Time Capsule and i was having a lot of lag, but knowing the drill with the apple router I replaced it with my netgear backup and voila...all good..

Cabriojoschy
21-12-2015, 13:15
Ok that really sounds annoying (as I don't really like to change the router just for a game). I will try it at a friend of mine next weekend. I have no other Router here, unfortunately. But thanks for the quick help so far :).

RiverRuckus
21-12-2015, 21:45
OK guys. Get this: To check if it´s my moto g or my router or whatever blocking the UDP stream from getting through to my phone, I downloaded the Crew Chief demo, which only works on Brands Hatch. So I started a practice there, and what would you think? Crew Chief is working flawlessly. I am actually pretty imressed with CC, what a cool little app. Racks up the packages like crazy, picks up the UDP stream perfectly. And now to the interesting part: Once I have Crew Chief running in the background suddenly pcars Dash is running perfectly as well. Haha! OK, then I loaded up Nordschleife, which is not supported in Crew Chief demo, and, to my surprise, no telemetry output by pcars Dash anymore! Switch back to Brands Hatch, everything fine with Dash again. Seems like, once Crew Chief handles the UDP stream everything works fine. What do you make of that? Guess I´m buying the full Crew Chief app tonight. :)

But in all seriousness: thank you cjorgens79 (you are the app`s dev, right? You´re the one who answered my mail to support as well?) for all this effort, and for your quick responses to inquiries, and I very much hope that my findings are of any use to you. And thank you Mr_Belowski as well!

oscarolim
21-12-2015, 22:03
That's a very odd behaviour, since the communication is one way only. The console doesn't know who is listening, and the apps don't know if someone else is listening to the packets. I can't find any explanation for that, but hey, it if works for you :)

mr_belowski
21-12-2015, 22:08
Weird...still, as long as it works

diesel97
21-12-2015, 22:28
Weird...still, as long as it works

LOL win win for you , but really is weird

mr_belowski
21-12-2015, 22:36
Indeed, well, it was always part of the app - the healing power of my voice innit ;)

RiverRuckus
21-12-2015, 23:14
After purchasing the full Crew Chief I can now confirm pcars Dash now working on all tracks for me. Totally weird. It feels like Crew Chief somehow picks up the stream for the Dash app, I´ll try to explain what I mean: the two times that Dash magically worked for me without Crew Chief yesterday I felt no real lag (UDP5). Today, with Crew Chief, pcars Dash suddenly began working completely consistant, but now with a significant lag (about 3 seconds at UDP5). I read that Crew Chief recommends UDP set to 1-3, so tried that, and with UDP at 1 I managed to get the lag down to well under a second.

Totally strange stuff, but, yeah, works now. lol

I now am a happy man, and I will soon post a picture of my updated "rig" to celebrate this occasion. Thanks again guys for your help and support! River out.

edit: I can confirm the workaround fixing a 2nd generation moto g having the same initial problem as well. Just running Crew Chief in the background gets Dash to work.

@mr_belowski just a thought, as you are 1. the only reported user of a motog getting Dash to run (until me now of course) and 2. the developer of Crew Chief (right?), could it be that you never ran Dash on your phone without Crew Chief running in the background? I`d bet my pants that if you uninstall Crew Chief your moto g has the same problem with Dash as everybody else`s. :)

OctoberDusk06
22-12-2015, 00:18
Another happy customer here, as I got the full version of both CrewChief and PcarsDash. Love them!

Question: Regarding pDash, Will there be a way in the future to "save" the telemetry data (the telemetry lines mostly), and then export them to some account by email, as a movie, or picture (even though I can do the latter, the former is proving difficult for some reason, on a 10.5.8 Mac.)? Or better yet, plug them into a software that can work on a wide variety of machine to help visualize, organize, allow edits, data swapping, and most importantly, analysis.

Thanks again!

SUBGTRACER
22-12-2015, 01:15
Last night downloaded pcars for my Samsung and Ipad also downloaded crew chief ......... Makes the game a lot better and immersive ....... Love the comment when I had a major crash and my race was over ........ " shit weekend lets pack up and go " :)

Something along them lines " great stuff" .....Mr Belowski very well done sir , well done !

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 04:56
OK guys. Get this: To check if it´s my moto g or my router or whatever blocking the UDP stream from getting through to my phone, I downloaded the Crew Chief demo, which only works on Brands Hatch. So I started a practice there, and what would you think? Crew Chief is working flawlessly. I am actually pretty imressed with CC, what a cool little app. Racks up the packages like crazy, picks up the UDP stream perfectly. And now to the interesting part: Once I have Crew Chief running in the background suddenly pcars Dash is running perfectly as well. Haha! OK, then I loaded up Nordschleife, which is not supported in Crew Chief demo, and, to my surprise, no telemetry output by pcars Dash anymore! Switch back to Brands Hatch, everything fine with Dash again. Seems like, once Crew Chief handles the UDP stream everything works fine. What do you make of that? Guess I´m buying the full Crew Chief app tonight. :)

But in all seriousness: thank you cjorgens79 (you are the app`s dev, right? You´re the one who answered my mail to support as well?) for all this effort, and for your quick responses to inquiries, and I very much hope that my findings are of any use to you. And thank you Mr_Belowski as well!

Thats quite interesting, it may have something to do with how Crew Chief establishes a UDP socket vs pCars Dash. I have a Laser tablet that also doesnt work with the UDP stream for pCars Dash or Crew Chief, but i was able to get it to work by making an app on the PC that just transmits packets directly at the device on a port that isnt even open on the device. I think there is some sort of battery/power saving going on with the network adapter, unless it sees packets directly addressed to it it just drops them and sleeps. If there is data being streamed at its IP, it keeps the adapter fully active and the UDP stream works flawlessly. I will try Crew Chief and pCars Dash on that tablet and see if it will work with those two together without me having to transmit packets at it.

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 05:00
Another happy customer here, as I got the full version of both CrewChief and PcarsDash. Love them!

Question: Regarding pDash, Will there be a way in the future to "save" the telemetry data (the telemetry lines mostly), and then export them to some account by email, as a movie, or picture (even though I can do the latter, the former is proving difficult for some reason, on a 10.5.8 Mac.)? Or better yet, plug them into a software that can work on a wide variety of machine to help visualize, organize, allow edits, data swapping, and most importantly, analysis.

Thanks again!

Glad you like it. There isn't any way to do that, the amount of data can be quite large. It can be a couple of hundred megs for a simple qualy and race. One of the reasons i havent bothered is that there are some really good apps already out there to do post race analysis. Tom Shanes profiler for example is excellent and has had many years of development however i dont know if he has added support for the UDP interface.

GForce
22-12-2015, 07:32
Thats quite interesting, it may have something to do with how Crew Chief establishes a UDP socket vs pCars Dash. I have a Laser tablet that also doesnt work with the UDP stream for pCars Dash or Crew Chief, but i was able to get it to work by making an app on the PC that just transmits packets directly at the device on a port that isnt even open on the device. I think there is some sort of battery/power saving going on with the network adapter, unless it sees packets directly addressed to it it just drops them and sleeps. If there is data being streamed at its IP, it keeps the adapter fully active and the UDP stream works flawlessly. I will try Crew Chief and pCars Dash on that tablet and see if it will work with those two together without me having to transmit packets at it.

A new prerequisite for PCars Dash - Crew Chief :) :)

Cu
GForce

flynny75
22-12-2015, 11:10
Has anyone else noticed that the dpad / joypad values don't come though if you are using a wheel? I only get non-zero values when using my 360 controller, and only get zeros when using my T300 GTE

(I understand that a wheel is not a joypad)

mr_belowski
22-12-2015, 13:43
It's a bit of a headache for me too. The buttons are essential to access a big part of my app (the voice recognition).

I can see why it's awkward for SMS. Each wheel config is different and the button -> UDP data mapping isn't really something you can make a sensible user interface for, and even if you could devise such in interface it'd be a ballache to implement.

There are some spare bits in the dpad and joypad bytes, so the existing data format could accommodate additional buttons, but it's down to Tim 'the' Mann to work more magic there in the internal wiring. Not sure if it's possible but it'd be awesome to have it Tim :)

Vinz05
22-12-2015, 14:27
Hello , pcars dash with tire wear n are not identical with the wear of tires al screen. fontionne otherwise all good. I am the only one ? Thank you.

cjorgens79
22-12-2015, 14:49
Hello , pcars dash with tire wear n are not identical with the wear of tires al screen. fontionne otherwise all good. I am the only one ? Thank you.

the ingame tire wear only represents 50% overall wear, mine represents 100% overall wear. That means the ingame HUD shows your tires to be worn out when they are at 50% life, pCars Dash shows the tires to be worn out when they are at 0% life.

Synner40
22-12-2015, 15:08
any chance we'll see crew chief on iOS? don't have a android device and frankly don't want to buy one just for crew chief.

BulletEyeDK
22-12-2015, 22:05
Is the UDP API a finished project ?

As i can see the dedicated server API it's possible to gather cuttrack data, length of being off track, and collision data - It could be utterly awesome if it by any means was possible to get this type of data via UDP.

With this type of data it would be possible to calculate safety ratings like in iRacing, for the use in league racing etc...

jimmyb_84
22-12-2015, 22:20
I need to get this off my chest,

I've just spent the last hour trying to sleep as I need to be up in 4hrs for work. However I've done nothing but think about how I'd create an app for a version of my strategy calculator. I even thought of some TRUE and FALSE arguments with a few IFs thrown in too. I thought about my UI and if it's possible to send messages to crew chief app so the player gets a voice message instead of needing another audio!

here's the funny thing! I haven't even learnt how to code yet! Mrs is laughting at me because I've just got up to write it all down. I'm up at 2am GMT as well.

Bloody Project Cars!

TrevorP
22-12-2015, 22:28
Hi,

I don't know if anyone posted anything like this (I don't feel like going through 96 pages), but I've taken the "API" that is provided on the first page and in conjunction with the shared-memory API created a generic C header file.

This includes the following so far:

- C enumerations for the various state/flag variables.
- Bitfield unpacking macros for individual "packed" values.
- Type definitions which allow most of the file to be copied from the provided reference (on page 1).

I've verified it compiles for GCC (MinGW). I'm considering adding unpack functions for translating the received data packets into expanded datatypes so the bitfield data may be accessed directly as members.

/*********************************************************************
* Project Cars - UDP Client C/C++ API Header *
* Origin: Public Telemetry UDP API provided on project cars forums. *
* C API Adapted By: Trevor Pace *
* Date Created: Dec 22, 2015 *
* Date Modified: Dec 22, 2015 *
*********************************************************************/
#ifndef _PCARS_UDP_H_
#define _PCARS_UDP_H_

#include <stdint.h>

// Re-map type-defs to standard C type definitions
typedef float f32;
typedef int32_t s32;
typedef uint32_t u32;
typedef int16_t s16;
typedef uint16_t u16;
typedef int8_t s8;
typedef uint8_t u8;

// Data enumeration definitions
// =============================================================================
// Header version number to test against
#define SHARED_MEMORY_VERSION 5 // ?????

// Maximum allowed length of string
#define STRING_LENGTH_MAX 64

// Maximum number of general participant information allowed
#define STORED_PARTICIPANTS_MAX 64

// To be used to identify packet type
typedef enum {
PACKET_TYPE_TELEMETRY = 0,
PACKET_TYPE_PARTICIPANT_INFO_STRINGS = 1,
PACKET_TYPE_PARTICIPANT_INFO_STRINGS_ADDITIONAL = 2
} ePacketType;

// Tyres
typedef enum {
TYRE_FRONT_LEFT = 0,
TYRE_FRONT_RIGHT,
TYRE_REAR_LEFT,
TYRE_REAR_RIGHT,
//--------------
TYRE_MAX
} eTyre;

// Vector
typedef enum {
VEC_X = 0,
VEC_Y,
VEC_Z,
//-------------
VEC_MAX
} eVecIndex;

// (Type#1) GameState (to be used with 'mGameState')
typedef enum {
GAME_EXITED = 0,
GAME_FRONT_END,
GAME_INGAME_PLAYING,
GAME_INGAME_PAUSED,
//-------------
GAME_MAX
} eGameState;

// (Type#2) Session state (to be used with 'mSessionState')
typedef enum {
SESSION_INVALID = 0,
SESSION_PRACTICE,
SESSION_TEST,
SESSION_QUALIFY,
SESSION_FORMATION_LAP,
SESSION_RACE,
SESSION_TIME_ATTACK,
//-------------
SESSION_MAX
} eSessionState;

// (Type#3) RaceState (to be used with 'mRaceState')
typedef enum {
RACESTATE_INVALID,
RACESTATE_NOT_STARTED,
RACESTATE_RACING,
RACESTATE_FINISHED,
RACESTATE_DISQUALIFIED,
RACESTATE_RETIRED,
RACESTATE_DNF,
//-------------
RACESTATE_MAX
} eRaceState;

// (Type#4) Current Sector (to be used with 'mCurrentSector')
typedef enum {
SECTOR_INVALID = 0,
SECTOR_START,
SECTOR_SECTOR1,
SECTOR_SECTOR2,
SECTOR_FINISH,
SECTOR_STOP,
//-------------
SECTOR_MAX
} eCurrentSector;

// (Type#5) Flag Colours (to be used with 'mHighestFlagColour')
typedef enum {
FLAG_COLOUR_NONE = 0, // Not used for actual flags, only for some query functions
FLAG_COLOUR_GREEN, // End of danger zone, or race started
FLAG_COLOUR_BLUE, // Faster car wants to overtake the participant
FLAG_COLOUR_WHITE, // Approaching a slow car
FLAG_COLOUR_YELLOW, // Danger on the racing surface itself
FLAG_COLOUR_DOUBLE_YELLOW, // Danger that wholly or partly blocks the racing surface
FLAG_COLOUR_BLACK, // Participant disqualified
FLAG_COLOUR_CHEQUERED, // Chequered flag
//-------------
FLAG_COLOUR_MAX
} eFlagColour;

// (Type#6) Flag Reason (to be used with 'mHighestFlagReason')
typedef enum {
FLAG_REASON_NONE = 0,
FLAG_REASON_SOLO_CRASH,
FLAG_REASON_VEHICLE_CRASH,
FLAG_REASON_VEHICLE_OBSTRUCTION,
//-------------
FLAG_REASON_MAX
} eFlagReason;

// (Type#7) Pit Mode (to be used with 'mPitMode')
typedef enum {
PIT_MODE_NONE = 0,
PIT_MODE_DRIVING_INTO_PITS,
PIT_MODE_IN_PIT,
PIT_MODE_DRIVING_OUT_OF_PITS,
PIT_MODE_IN_GARAGE,
//-------------
PIT_MODE_MAX
} ePitMode;

// (Type#8) Pit Stop Schedule (to be used with 'mPitSchedule')
typedef enum {
PIT_SCHEDULE_NONE = 0, // Nothing scheduled
PIT_SCHEDULE_STANDARD, // Used for standard pit sequence
PIT_SCHEDULE_DRIVE_THROUGH, // Used for drive-through penalty
PIT_SCHEDULE_STOP_GO, // Used for stop-go penalty
//-------------
PIT_SCHEDULE_MAX
} ePitSchedule;

// (Type#9) Car Flags (to be used with 'mCarFlags')
typedef enum {
CAR_HEADLIGHT = (1 << 0),
CAR_ENGINE_ACTIVE = (1 << 1),
CAR_ENGINE_WARNING = (1 << 2),
CAR_SPEED_LIMITER = (1 << 3),
CAR_ABS = (1 << 4),
CAR_HANDBRAKE = (1 << 5),
CAR_STABILITY = (1 << 6),
CAR_TRACTION_CONTROL = (1 << 7),
} eCarFlags;

// (Type#10) Tyre Flags (to be used with 'mTyreFlags')
typedef enum {
TYRE_ATTACHED = (1 << 0),
TYRE_INFLATED = (1 << 1),
TYRE_IS_ON_GROUND = (1 << 2),
} eTypeFlags;

// (Type#11) Terrain Materials (to be used with 'mTerrain')
typedef enum {
TERRAIN_ROAD = 0,
TERRAIN_LOW_GRIP_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD1,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD2,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_ROAD3,
TERRAIN_MARBLES,
TERRAIN_GRASSY_BERMS,
TERRAIN_GRASS,
TERRAIN_GRAVEL,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_GRAVEL,
TERRAIN_RUMBLE_STRIPS,
TERRAIN_DRAINS,
TERRAIN_TYREWALLS,
TERRAIN_CEMENTWALLS,
TERRAIN_GUARDRAILS,
TERRAIN_SAND,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_SAND,
TERRAIN_DIRT,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_DIRT,
TERRAIN_DIRT_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BUMPY_DIRT_ROAD,
TERRAIN_PAVEMENT,
TERRAIN_DIRT_BANK,
TERRAIN_WOOD,
TERRAIN_DRY_VERGE,
TERRAIN_EXIT_RUMBLE_STRIPS,
TERRAIN_GRASSCRETE,
TERRAIN_LONG_GRASS,
TERRAIN_SLOPE_GRASS,
TERRAIN_COBBLES,
TERRAIN_SAND_ROAD,
TERRAIN_BAKED_CLAY,
TERRAIN_ASTROTURF,
TERRAIN_SNOWHALF,
TERRAIN_SNOWFULL,
//-------------
TERRAIN_MAX
} eTerrainType;

// (Type#12) Crash Damage State (to be used with 'mCrashState')
typedef enum {
CRASH_DAMAGE_NONE = 0,
CRASH_DAMAGE_OFFTRACK,
CRASH_DAMAGE_LARGE_PROP,
CRASH_DAMAGE_SPINNING,
CRASH_DAMAGE_ROLLING,
//-------------
CRASH_MAX
} eCrashState;

typedef enum {
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED1 = (1 << 0),
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED2 = (1 << 1),
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED3 = (1 << 2),
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED4 = (1 << 3),
JOYPAD_PC_START = (1 << 4),
JOYPAD_PC_BACK = (1 << 5),
JOYPAD_PC_L3 = (1 << 6),
JOYPAD_PC_R3 = (1 << 7),
JOYPAD_PC_LB = (1 << 8),
JOYPAD_PC_RB = (1 << 9),
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED5 = (1 << 10),
JOYPAD_PC_UNUSED6 = (1 << 11),
JOYPAD_PC_A = (1 << 12),
JOYPAD_PC_B = (1 << 13),
JOYPAD_PC_X = (1 << 14),
JOYPAD_PC_Y = (1 << 15)
} eJoyPadPCButtons;

typedef enum {
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED1 = (1 << 0),
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED2 = (1 << 1),
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED3 = (1 << 2),
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED4 = (1 << 3),
JOYPAD_XBOX_START = (1 << 4),
JOYPAD_XBOX_BACK = (1 << 5),
JOYPAD_XBOX_L3 = (1 << 6),
JOYPAD_XBOX_R3 = (1 << 7),
JOYPAD_XBOX_LB = (1 << 8),
JOYPAD_XBOX_RB = (1 << 9),
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED5 = (1 << 10),
JOYPAD_XBOX_UNUSED6 = (1 << 11),
JOYPAD_XBOX_A = (1 << 12),
JOYPAD_XBOX_B = (1 << 13),
JOYPAD_XBOX_X = (1 << 14),
JOYPAD_XBOX_Y = (1 << 15)
} eJoyPadXBOXButtons;

typedef enum {
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED1 = (1 << 0),
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED2 = (1 << 1),
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED3 = (1 << 2),
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED4 = (1 << 3),
JOYPAD_PS4_OPTION = (1 << 4),
JOYPAD_PS4_BACK = (1 << 5),
JOYPAD_PS4_L3 = (1 << 6),
JOYPAD_PS4_R3 = (1 << 7),
JOYPAD_PS4_LB = (1 << 8),
JOYPAD_PS4_RB = (1 << 9),
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED5 = (1 << 10),
JOYPAD_PS4_UNUSED6 = (1 << 11),
JOYPAD_PS4_CROSS = (1 << 12),
JOYPAD_PS4_CIRCLE = (1 << 13),
JOYPAD_PS4_SQUARE = (1 << 14),
JOYPAD_PS4_TRIANGLE = (1 << 15)
} eJoyPadPS4Buttons;

typedef enum {
DPAD_UP = (1 << 0),
DPAD_DOWN = (1 << 1),
DPAD_LEFT = (1 << 2),
DPAD_RIGHT = (1 << 3),
} eDPadButtons;

// Packet data structure definitions
// ============================================================================
typedef struct {
s16 sWorldPosition[3]; // 0
u16 sCurrentLapDistance; // 6
u8 sRacePosition; // 8
u8 sLapsCompleted; // 9
u8 sCurrentLap; // 10
u8 sSector; // 11
f32 sLastSectorTime; // 12
} sParticipantInfo;
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_SIZE sizeof(sParticipantInfo)

typedef struct {
u16 sBuildVersionNumber; // 0
u8 sPacketType; // 2
char sCarName[64]; // 3
char sCarClassName[64]; // 131
char sTrackLocation[64]; // 195
char sTrackVariation[64]; // 259
char sName[16][64]; // 323
} sParticipantInfoStrings;
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_STRINGS_SIZE sizeof(sParticipantInfoStrings)

typedef struct {
u8 sPacketType; // 2
u8 sOffset; // 3
char sName[16][64]; // 4
} sParticipantInfoStringsAdditional;
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_STRINGS_ADDITIONAL_SIZE sizeof(sParticipantInfoStringsAdditional)

typedef struct {
u8 sPacketType; // 2

// Game states
u8 sGameSessionState; // 3

// Participant info
s8 sViewedParticipantIndex; // 4
s8 sNumParticipants; // 5

// Unfiltered input
u8 sUnfilteredThrottle; // 6
u8 sUnfilteredBrake; // 7
s8 sUnfilteredSteering; // 8
u8 sUnfilteredClutch; // 9
u8 sRaceStateFlags; // 10

// Event information
u8 sLapsInEvent; // 11

// Timings
f32 sBestLapTime; // 12
f32 sLastLapTime; // 16
f32 sCurrentTime; // 20
f32 sSplitTimeAhead; // 24
f32 sSplitTimeBehind; // 28
f32 sSplitTime; // 32
f32 sEventTimeRemaining; // 36
f32 sPersonalFastestLapTime; // 40
f32 sWorldFastestLapTime; // 44
f32 sCurrentSector1Time; // 48
f32 sCurrentSector2Time; // 52
f32 sCurrentSector3Time; // 56
f32 sFastestSector1Time; // 60
f32 sFastestSector2Time; // 64
f32 sFastestSector3Time; // 68
f32 sPersonalFastestSector1Time; // 72
f32 sPersonalFastestSector2Time; // 76
f32 sPersonalFastestSector3Time; // 80
f32 sWorldFastestSector1Time; // 84
f32 sWorldFastestSector2Time; // 88
f32 sWorldFastestSector3Time; // 92

u16 sJoyPad; // 96

// Flags
u8 sHighestFlag; // 98

// Pit info
u8 sPitModeSchedule; // 99

// Car state
s16 sOilTempCelsius; // 100
u16 sOilPressureKPa; // 102
s16 sWaterTempCelsius; // 104
u16 sWaterPressureKpa; // 106
u16 sFuelPressureKpa; // 108
u8 sCarFlags; // 110
u8 sFuelCapacity; // 111
u8 sBrake; // 112
u8 sThrottle; // 113
u8 sClutch; // 114
s8 sSteering; // 115
f32 sFuelLevel; // 116
f32 sSpeed; // 120
u16 sRpm; // 124
u16 sMaxRpm; // 126
u8 sGearNumGears; // 128
u8 sBoostAmount; // 129
s8 sEnforcedPitStopLap; // 130
u8 sCrashState; // 131

f32 sOdometerKM; // 132
f32 sOrientation[3]; // 136
f32 sLocalVelocity[3]; // 148
f32 sWorldVelocity[3]; // 160
f32 sAngularVelocity[3]; // 172
f32 sLocalAcceleration[3]; // 184
f32 sWorldAcceleration[3]; // 196
f32 sExtentsCentre[3]; // 208

// Wheels / Tyres
u8 sTyreFlags[4]; // 220
u8 sTerrain[4]; // 224
f32 sTyreY[4]; // 228
f32 sTyreRPS[4]; // 244
f32 sTyreSlipSpeed[4]; // 260
u8 sTyreTemp[4]; // 276
u8 sTyreGrip[4]; // 280
f32 sTyreHeightAboveGround[4]; // 284
f32 sTyreLateralStiffness[4]; // 300
u8 sTyreWear[4]; // 316
u8 sBrakeDamage[4]; // 320
u8 sSuspensionDamage[4]; // 324
s16 sBrakeTempCelsius[4]; // 328
u16 sTyreTreadTemp[4]; // 336
u16 sTyreLayerTemp[4]; // 344
u16 sTyreCarcassTemp[4]; // 352
u16 sTyreRimTemp[4]; // 360
u16 sTyreInternalAirTemp[4]; // 368
f32 sWheelLocalPositionY[4]; // 376
f32 sRideHeight[4]; // 392
f32 sSuspensionTravel[4]; // 408
f32 sSuspensionVelocity[4]; // 424
u16 sAirPressure[4]; // 440

// Extras
f32 sEngineSpeed; // 448
f32 sEngineTorque; // 452

// Car damage
u8 sAeroDamage; // 456
u8 sEngineDamage; // 457

// Weather
s8 sAmbientTemperature; // 458
s8 sTrackTemperature; // 459
u8 sRainDensity; // 460
s8 sWindSpeed; // 461
s8 sWindDirectionX; // 462
s8 sWindDirectionY; // 463

sParticipantInfo sParticipantInfo[56]; // 464
// 56*16=896
f32 sTrackLength; // 1360
u8 sWings[2]; // 1364
u8 sDPad; // 1366
u16 sPadding; // 1368 struct is padded to word alignment
} sTelemetryData;

// UNPACK macros for bit-packed entries
// =============================================================================

// Bit-field unpack macros (only unsigned integers supported currently)
#define ONES(b) ((1 << (b)) - 1)
#define UNPACK_UNSIGNED(x, w, o) (((x) >> (o)) & ONES(w))

// mTelemetryData.sPacketType=0|((mCount&63)<<2); // Packet type | (sequence<<2)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_PACKETTYPE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sPacketType, 2, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_SEQUENCE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sPacketType, 6, 2)

// mTelemetryData.sGameSessionState=((u8)pMemory->mGameState)|(((u8)pMemory->mSessionState)<<4); // (enum 3 bits/enum 3 bits)->u8
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_GAMESTATE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sGameSessionState, 3, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_SESSIONSTATE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sGameSessionState, 3, 4)

// mTelemetryData.sRaceStateFlags=((u8)pMemory->mRaceState) | // (enum 3 bits)->u8
// (pMemory->mLapInvalidated?8:0)|(pMemory->mAntiLockActive?16:0)|(pMemory->mBoostActive?32:0); // (bool/bool/bool)->u8
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_RACESTATE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRaceStateFlags, 3, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_LAPINVALIDATED(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRaceStateFlags, 1, 3)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_ANTILOCKACTIVE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRaceStateFlags, 1, 4)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_BOOSTACTIVE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRaceStateFlags, 1, 5)

// mTelemetryData.sHighestFlag=((u8)pMemory->mHighestFlagColour) | (((u8)pMemory->mHighestFlagReason)<<4); // (enum 3 bits/enum 2 bits)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_HIGHESTFLAGCOLOUR(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sHighestFlag, 3, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_HIGHESTFLAGREASON(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sHighestFlag, 2, 4)

// mTelemetryData.sPitModeSchedule=((u8)pMemory->mPitMode) | (((u8)pMemory->mPitSchedule)<<4); // (enum 3 bits/enum 2 bits)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_PITMODE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sPitModeSchedule, 3, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_PITSCHEDULE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sPitModeSchedule, 2, 4)

// u8 gear=pMemory->mGear<0?0x0f:min((u8)(pMemory->mGear&0xff), 7);
// u8 numGears=max((u8)(pMemory->mNumGears&0xff), 0);
// mTelemetryData.sGearNumGears=(gear&0x0f)|((numGears&0x0f)<<4); // s32/s32->u8
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_GEAR(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sGearNumGears, 4, 0)
#define TELEMETRY_UNPACK_NUMGEARS(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sGearNumGears, 4, 4)

// mTelemetryData.sParticipantInfo[i].sRacePosition=((u8)pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mRacePosition)|(pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mIsActive?128:0); // u32+bool->u8 (top bit is active)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_RACEPOSITION(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRacePosition, 7, 0)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_ISACTIVE(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sRacePosition, 1, 7)

// mTelemetryData.sParticipantInfo[i].sLapsCompleted=((u8)min(pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mLapsCompleted, 127))|(pMemoryExtras->mLapInvalidated[i]?128:0); // u32+bool->u8 (top bit is lap invalidated)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_LAPSCOMPLETED(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sLapsCompleted, 7, 0)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_LAPINVALIDATED(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sLapsCompleted, 1, 7)

// u32 x=((u32)floorf(pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mWorldPosition[0]*4.0f))&3;
// u32 z=((u32)floorf(pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mWorldPosition[2]*4.0f))&3;
// mTelemetryData.sParticipantInfo[i].sSector=((u8)pMemory->mParticipantInfo[i].mCurrentSector)|((u8)x<<6)|((u8)z<<4); // (enum 3 bits)+(x 2 bits, z 2 bits)->u8
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_CURRENTSECTOR(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sSector, 3, 0)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_WORLDPOSZ_2LSBS(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sSector, 2, 4)
#define PARTICIPANT_INFO_UNPACK_WORLDPOSX_2LSBS(ptr) UNPACK_UNSIGNED((ptr)->sSector, 2, 6)

#endif // _PCARS_UDP_H_

Feel free to use this if you want, I may add to it in the future and even add a couple UDP client examples once I get them working... I'm considering this completely open-source (no licensing requirements). If the dev's have an issue with me posting this feel free to delete this post.

Cheers,
Trevor

Vinz05
22-12-2015, 23:40
the ingame tire wear only represents 50% overall wear, mine represents 100% overall wear. That means the ingame HUD shows your tires to be worn out when they are at 50% life, pCars Dash shows the tires to be worn out when they are at 0% life.

ok thank you for such information.

flynny75
23-12-2015, 12:28
It also seems that when using wheels on a console the input fields are always zero as well.

In conclusion, it seems that even on a console the input fields are only populated when using a joypad, even though the wheels have all the appropriate buttons. This is a big limitation. I would love to see this fixed soon.

oscarolim
23-12-2015, 12:31
I need to get this off my chest,

I've just spent the last hour trying to sleep as I need to be up in 4hrs for work. However I've done nothing but think about how I'd create an app for a version of my strategy calculator. I even thought of some TRUE and FALSE arguments with a few IFs thrown in too. I thought about my UI and if it's possible to send messages to crew chief app so the player gets a voice message instead of needing another audio!

here's the funny thing! I haven't even learnt how to code yet! Mrs is laughting at me because I've just got up to write it all down. I'm up at 2am GMT as well.

Bloody Project Cars!

Well, you got the coder instincts right at least. That's pretty much our live when we are in the middle of something that is interesting for us. I can relate with trying to solve a bug on my app, is hard to have a restful night!

mr_belowski
23-12-2015, 12:45
All the best code gets cut after midnight :)

Programming languages are really just a formal way of expressing logic and stuff, so you're half way there already. I've not looked at what you've done, but I'd be happy to take a look if you want feedback. I'm proper busy at the moment, but things should calm down soon

oscarolim
23-12-2015, 13:47
I actually hit a wall on my code, and even though I've found a work around, it just doesn't make sense at all!!!
I'm working on a Windows 10 Universal app, and when I compile with the .Net native (as required to upload to the store), my struc fails.

If I have this, it fails

[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.ByValArray, SizeConst = 56)]
public sParticipantInfo[] sParticipantInfo;

But if I have this it works

public sParticipantInfo sParticipantInfo1;
public sParticipantInfo sParticipantInfo2;
public sParticipantInfo sParticipantInfo56;

If I wasn't already almost bald, I would be by know :p

jimmyb_84
23-12-2015, 15:19
Well, you got the coder instincts right at least. That's pretty much our live when we are in the middle of something that is interesting for us. I can relate with trying to solve a bug on my app, is hard to have a restful night!

Well I suppose it's a start, I've got a lot to learn and a lot of swearing to do first. I hope to get something up and running just before PCARS2. I shall be making a start soon ish.

All the best code gets cut after midnight :)

Programming languages are really just a formal way of expressing logic and stuff, so you're half way there already. I've not looked at what you've done, but I'd be happy to take a look if you want feedback. I'm proper busy at the moment, but things should calm down soon

at least I'm on the right lines. I've only created a spreadsheet for now but I've got an end goal of creating something that updates while actually racing. The idea is completely in my head and partly on a note book. I know where I want to be eventually but it's a long road and its full of more info than I ever imagined.

TrueNOS2
23-12-2015, 20:08
Just thought I'd give the US pCars racers a heads up. I am using this tablet http://www.brandsmartusa.com/Tivax/184825/7+MiTraveler+8GB+Tablet.htm that I purchased at BrandsMart for $24.88 (plus tax) and it works great with pCars Dash and HUD Dash. Cheap and bigger than phone displays.

BannockMille
23-12-2015, 23:19
Nevermind, my error.

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
24-12-2015, 19:59
Merry xmas guys and thx for the wonderfull apps that allowed us console ppl to be even more immersed into pCars.

cjorgens79
25-12-2015, 00:54
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great one :) I'm sure some of you will be unwrapping some nice big screen tablets for use with pCars Dash and the other companion apps ;)

mr_belowski
25-12-2015, 09:47
Indeed, and who doesn't like being sworn at by their phone on Christmas day? Have a good in folks :)

sebreceveur
25-12-2015, 13:23
Thanks for opening for 3rd party developer with UDP. I think we should be able to select the device IP in gameplay, it will avoid useless trafic on the LAN.

I'm working on my Android app. Is there anything in the API to know if the DRS is enable or not ?

Gassolini
26-12-2015, 19:38
Is there any documentation detailing the units, range and unset values for the new telemetry parameters:

f32 sRideHeight[4];
f32 sSuspensionTravel[4];
f32 sSuspensionVelocity[4];
u16 sAirPressure[4];
u8 sWings[2];
f32 sEngineSpeed;
f32 sEngineTorque;

I'm guessing, m, m, m/s, milli bar, ?, ?, lbf/nm. Guesses aside, and yes, I can find out, it would be good to have it documented as for SharedMemory.

Also, what's sWings[] and EngineSpeed? Front and rear wing settings? Cranckshaft rad/sec?

tgrey
26-12-2015, 23:13
Has there been any official word on detecting button presses for people using racing wheels? VDash doesn't seem to detect any of the button presses from my t300rs. It works if I use a dual shock however.

diesel97
26-12-2015, 23:40
Has there been any official word on detecting button presses for people using racing wheels? VDash doesn't seem to detect any of the button presses from my t300rs. It works if I use a dual shock however.

Everybody is on vacation until the new year

Cabriojoschy
27-12-2015, 18:13

Tested with another router, works like a charm. Thanks guys for your help. And merry Christmas!

pock1910
27-12-2015, 22:02
On PC I have shared memory turned off and activate UDP. Nevertheless, the shared memory is still available. Only when I turn off UDP, the shared memory is not available.

It looks like if an activated UDP also activate the shared memory in the background. Third party app's can access shared memory although it is turned off in the PCARS settings. Can anyone confirm this?

Gassolini
28-12-2015, 00:49
On PC I have shared memory turned off and activate UDP. Nevertheless, the shared memory is still available. Only when I turn off UDP, the shared memory is not available.

It looks like if an activated UDP also activate the shared memory in the background. Third party app's can access shared memory although it is turned off in the PCARS settings. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, I can confirm this. Probably just the shared memory subsystem being used by the UDP server, and the creation of the actual MMF is there by default. I don't think it's a big problem though.

pock1910
28-12-2015, 00:59
Yes, I can confirm this. Probably just the shared memory subsystem being used by the UDP server, and the creation of the actual MMF is there by default. I don't think it's a big problem though.
Currently I have auto detect of PCARS connection. Therefore PC users cannot test UDP streaming with this approach because the Shared Memory is detected first. Nevertheless I agree, it's not a big problem.

Fil140
28-12-2015, 11:22
Yeh cjorgens
is right, im still putting the word out and at least 60% of the the simrig racers i speak to are unaware whilst some have actually argued with me that its not possible on console, people need be told, they have to know that we have seen the future and its not just garlic bread!

Fil140
28-12-2015, 11:25
Yeh cjorgens
is right, im still putting the word out and at least 60% of the the simrig racers i speak to are unaware whilst some have actually argued with me that its not possible on console, people need be told, they have to know that we have seen the future and its not just garlic bread!

@Tim / SMS - Any chance of a yellow banner and/or website news posting that the consoles now support third party apps? I had many many requests for this originally when Project Cars was released, chances are a number of people who don't follow the forums closely may not realise that this is now available.

Should have quoted

Fil140
28-12-2015, 11:41
This is on my t500 but the t300 has a similar opening. Then i just used double sided 3m tape to stick my experia to the bracket

Goruk
28-12-2015, 15:33
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a great one :) I'm sure some of you will be unwrapping some nice big screen tablets for use with pCars Dash and the other companion apps ;)

I call it wizardry...😂

oscarolim
28-12-2015, 16:02
Anyone can help shade some light between the tyre temperatures provided by the API and the tyre temperatures that show on the game telemetry?

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 00:47
Anyone can help shade some light between the tyre temperatures provided by the API and the tyre temperatures that show on the game telemetry?

tire temps in the api are in degrees C, in game will be in either degrees C or degrees F depending on your settings. So you will need an option to convert between imperial and metric in order to match.

I use this field for my tyre temps
u8 sTyreTemp[4];

These are the sub components temps being generated by the tyre model, they used to be used during Project Cars development and tyre testing. Not sure if they will be much use to you.
u16 sTyreTreadTemp[4];
u16 sTyreLayerTemp[4];
u16 sTyreCarcassTemp[4];
u16 sTyreRimTemp[4];
u16 sTyreInternalAirTemp[4];

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 00:53
nevermind

GForce
29-12-2015, 06:57
I call it wizardry...��

Why don't you use adhesive velcro tape on the back of the tablet?
If you use good one, like from M3, that should work very good!

Cu
GForce

oscarolim
29-12-2015, 09:47
tire temps in the api are in degrees C, in game will be in either degrees C or degrees F depending on your settings. So you will need an option to convert between imperial and metric in order to match.

I use this field for my tyre temps
u8 sTyreTemp[4];

These are the sub components temps being generated by the tyre model, they used to be used during Project Cars development and tyre testing. Not sure if they will be much use to you.
u16 sTyreTreadTemp[4];
u16 sTyreLayerTemp[4];
u16 sTyreCarcassTemp[4];
u16 sTyreRimTemp[4];
u16 sTyreInternalAirTemp[4];

Yes, I got the temperatures bit, but is exactly all those different temps that cause me confusion. The ingame telemetry shows 3 temps per tyre (top left, top right, bottom middle), however (after conversion of the temp units to match the game) I can only match two of the temperatures with the ones in the game (the top left and top right). I'm wondering if the in game bottom middle one is an average of several fields.

At the moment I'm using tyreRim for the left temp, tyreThread for the right temp e tyreLayer for the bottom temp, but this doesn't feel right.

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 12:26
Yes, I got the temperatures bit, but is exactly all those different temps that cause me confusion. The ingame telemetry shows 3 temps per tyre (top left, top right, bottom middle), however (after conversion of the temp units to match the game) I can only match two of the temperatures with the ones in the game (the top left and top right). I'm wondering if the in game bottom middle one is an average of several fields.

At the moment I'm using tyreRim for the left temp, tyreThread for the right temp e tyreLayer for the bottom temp, but this doesn't feel right.

As far as I am aware those are completely different and its just co-incidence if they match the outer left/right temps. The api doesn't have left/middle/right temps, only an overall temp which I assumed was based off the middle.

oscarolim
29-12-2015, 12:38
I see. The sTyreTemp is like an overall, which is why I didn't want to use it.
For now I will leave the temps as I have, and try to analyse a bunch of data to try to figure out any relation (if any) that might exist.

EDIT: Just noticed there's no data for the DRS activation status on the structure, or am I missing something?

cjorgens79
29-12-2015, 13:03
I see. The sTyreTemp is like an overall, which is why I didn't want to use it.
For now I will leave the temps as I have, and try to analyse a bunch of data to try to figure out any relation (if any) that might exist.

EDIT: Just noticed there's no data for the DRS activation status on the structure, or am I missing something?

nope your not missing it, its not there.

sebreceveur
29-12-2015, 13:40
Hey guys any idea of how to know if the DRS is enabled or not?

TheReaper GT
29-12-2015, 13:43
Hey guys any idea of how to know if the DRS is enabled or not?

There's no drs data on the stream. Which is a shame

Biddrace
30-12-2015, 12:03
hello cjorgens79 , thanks to continuous upgrades , a question ....
How can I set my t300 buttons to change pages ?

then post a little guidance ?
thank you

jerry555
30-12-2015, 12:25
hello cjorgens79 , thanks to continuous upgrades , a question ....
How can I set my t300 buttons to change pages ?

then post a little guidance ?
thank you
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app&p=1202506&viewfull=1#post1202506

memoric77
31-12-2015, 01:23
hey cjorgens, can you size the flashing light for Abs, tcs and esp in the lower left corner bigger and brighter?

Mr.60trim
31-12-2015, 02:03
@cjorgens79 - Can you possibly look into making the screen shift light for the rpm more prominent? Or at least adjustable? For me, it's really difficult to see while driving as it currently is. Otherwise, keep up the great work.

cjorgens79
31-12-2015, 02:09
hey cjorgens, can you size the flashing light for Abs, tcs and esp in the lower left corner bigger and brighter?

Ill see what i can do. There is plenty of room to make them bigger on the Lite Hud page, but space is a bit more limited on the first page.

cjorgens79
31-12-2015, 02:12
@cjorgens79 - Can you possibly look into making the screen shift light for the rpm more prominent? Or at least adjustable? For me, it's really difficult to see while driving as it currently is. Otherwise, keep up the great work.

Are you using Android or iOS? The android v2.2c build has improved the visibility of the shift indicator by making the entire background tint yellow/red inline with the indicators on the lite hud page. If your using iOS, that feature is coming, im just waiting on approval from apple for the update which can take a couple of weeks unfortunately.

cjorgens79
31-12-2015, 02:14
FYI, this isn't really the appropriate thread to be discussing features regarding pCars Dash, this thread is for the UDP stream interface as a whole. For discussion specifically on pCars Dash please use the dedicated thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33388-pCars-Dash-Second-screen-telemetry-app). Cheers

Mr.60trim
31-12-2015, 06:49
Are you using Android or iOS? The android v2.2c build has improved the visibility of the shift indicator by making the entire background tint yellow/red inline with the indicators on the lite hud page. If your using iOS, that feature is coming, im just waiting on approval from apple for the update which can take a couple of weeks unfortunately.
I'm on Android and I have the v2.2c build. For me, it just isn't as effective as it should be. Further details on your Pcars dash thread.

memoric77
31-12-2015, 08:14
Thank you! And maybe the shift led more realistic looking, like real shining leds (like the DashMeter app).

Thanks for your great work!!

cjorgens79
31-12-2015, 13:55
@SMS, could you please update the Apps section of the Project Cars website to indicate that pCars Dash also supports PS4 / XBox One

Nevermind, I have found the proper thread for this and have posted there

bendoe
01-01-2016, 10:40
Packet types 1 & 2 are sent at the beginning of a race, when the number of participants changes or when the lap count increases.

Can anybody confirm, that PCars send the PACKETTYPE 1 data at the beginning of a race?

mr_belowski
01-01-2016, 11:15
It generally does. I say "generally" because there are times when my app doesn't receive it (who knows if it was actually sent). Even if it is sent, it won't necessarily be received - be careful about relying on it

pock1910
01-01-2016, 12:25
Would it be possible to send package type 1 & 2 at a higher rate?

For example:
Additional to now send package 1 & 2 every 5 seconds.

Reason:
Sometimes this packages are not received and then it takes a long time to get this packages again.

mr_belowski
01-01-2016, 12:31
I agree with this. While they also get sent whenever a driver leaves or enters the session, this can be a while. For longer tracks missing one of these packets at the start of the race can leave the client app's data set incomplete for quite a long time.

If I could have 3 additions to the UDP data it'd be wheel button presses, more regular type 1 and 2 packets, and the addition of a 'isSameCarClassAsPlayer' flag for each opponent. There's a spare bit in the sParticipantInfo sSector field where this could go

bendoe
01-01-2016, 12:56
It generally does. I say "generally" because there are times when my app doesn't receive it (who knows if it was actually sent). Even if it is sent, it won't necessarily be received - be careful about relying on it

Thanks for your answer mr_belowski.

That's interesting, because I tried this many hours and my pcars does NOT send this packet. I get the packettype 0 that's all fine, but the packettype 1 is even missed.

I need the information about the carname, because the user can in my application override the shiftlight-RPMValue and I store this value in a file. So you can optimize the shiftlight per car. But without the Information of the carname, I've no reference for storing the car specific datas to reload it for the next time, if the same car is used from user!

In this case, my application does support "shared memory" only and I'll hope that SMS makes any changes at the UDP-Broadcasting-Feature.

cjorgens79
02-01-2016, 02:29
Thanks for your answer mr_belowski.

That's interesting, because I tried this many hours and my pcars does NOT send this packet. I get the packettype 0 that's all fine, but the packettype 1 is even missed.

I need the information about the carname, because the user can in my application override the shiftlight-RPMValue and I store this value in a file. So you can optimize the shiftlight per car. But without the Information of the carname, I've no reference for storing the car specific datas to reload it for the next time, if the same car is used from user!

In this case, my application does support "shared memory" only and I'll hope that SMS makes any changes at the UDP-Broadcasting-Feature.

I have a little playback app i use to assist me with testing that can playback recorded sessions from UDP or Shared Memory. Give it a try to see if you can detect packet type 1 with your app, as I know 100% its in there. PlaybackApp (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ud5f7x2qb5txvbb/Session_Playback_pCars_Dash.zip)
This will help you determine if the issue with with your app detecting the type 1 packets, or the game. Its a very straight forward app, just run it, and press playback recording. Just make sure you dont have anything else using port 5606 on your PC as there is no error handling in the test app and it would probably just crash.