PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 8.0 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
20-01-2016, 10:03
Hi all,

The PC patch 8.0 will be rolling out today.

Project CARS – PC Patch 8.0 – Release Notes

Vehicles
• McLaren F1 GTR - adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
• Radical RXC Turbo - Fixed typo in statistics file. Engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
• Lotus 51 - Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
• Renault Megane RS265 - Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
• KTM X-Bow - Fixed clipping on the roof camera.

Tracks
• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts - updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it's after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.

Physics, Tires and Setups
• Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
• Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.

Controllers
• Fixed OSW / DIY sim wheel driver crash in PID.DLL.

GUI
• DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
• Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.

UDP
• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

Render
• Fixed bloom not working correctly on any MSAA mode on PC.

Oculus Rift
• Updated to Oculus SDK 0.8 SDK

resmania
20-01-2016, 10:07
Thank you :)

Mascot
20-01-2016, 10:08
No fix yet again for the Silverstone Classic pit prison?

That is very disappointing.

cluck
20-01-2016, 10:10
DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessionsIt's a small thing but it makes me very happy. Thanks guys :yes:.

Stephen Viljoen
20-01-2016, 10:10
A note on the Oculus Rift support - We're internally working with the post 0.8 SDK that will be released along with the headset. We have a bunch of updates and features in the works already, but due to the newer SDK only rolling out to the general public when Oculus releases the headset, the Project CARS Oculus Rift updates will also be released at that time, right when you guys will be receiving your shiny new CV1 headsets. :)

danowat
20-01-2016, 10:11
• Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.

I'm a little confused, the heating issue was apparent on tyres, not just under inflated ones?

Will this make the game playable for me again?

N0body Of The Goat
20-01-2016, 10:12
Physics: Tyre heating physics reverted to patch 5 code, but with camber fix in place, to address extreme temperature drop-off in patch 7?

Shogun613
20-01-2016, 10:15
I think we might need a bit more clarification on the tire physics issue...

Boskapongen
20-01-2016, 10:18
No fix yet again for the Silverstone Classic pit prison?

That is very disappointing.

Agree.

N0body Of The Goat
20-01-2016, 10:27
GUI: Tyre temp HUD blue/green/red temperature zones adjusted so players know when to expect characteristics of overheating tyres to start kicking in, at the new much lower overheating temp?

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 10:32
So is this a tyre heating fix or not????

tonypbeck
20-01-2016, 10:37
will the finish line at Donington Park ever be fixed, not a biggy I know, but other tracks are having tweaks.

ilmor
20-01-2016, 10:39
Whine, whine, moan, cry, wahh....there, I'm done.

x ImJakeyy
20-01-2016, 10:41
will the finish line at Donington Park ever be fixed, not a biggy I know, but other tracks are having tweaks.

I am forever in doubt that will be fixed in pCARS 1, probably make its way into pCARS 2 though.

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 10:43
Seems like it's fixed, will try out later ;)

FAster
20-01-2016, 10:45
very tiny patch

satco1066
20-01-2016, 10:49
Hi all,

UDP
• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added 'same class as player' flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate.

Great.
Now UDP dashboards can be controlled from rim, pad or button boxes.
Thumbs up !

NemethR
20-01-2016, 11:00
Hi all,

Project CARS – PC Patch 8.0 – Release Notes

Tracks
• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts - updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it's after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.

Kudos to you guys for these 2 fixes, especially Ruapuna! Great job, finally we can have some nice races on that superb track :)

cluck
20-01-2016, 11:03
Kudos to you guys for these 2 fixes, especially Ruapuna! Great job, finally we can have some nice races on that superb track :)Are you feeling OK Nemeth? You posted something positive about a patch change? :p :D

(see you on track tomorrow night with the RSR guys ;))

cluck
20-01-2016, 11:06
Just read it was out in Germany and Oz, it's also out in the UK, downloading now - 1.3GB :yes:

dualin
20-01-2016, 11:23
A note on the Oculus Rift support - We're internally working with the post 0.8 SDK that will be released along with the headset. We have a bunch of updates and features in the works already, but due to the newer SDK only rolling out to the general public when Oculus releases the headset, the Project CARS Oculus Rift updates will also be released at that time, right when you guys will be receiving your shiny new CV1 headsets. :)

Hi Stephen. Iīm wondering when we can use our SLI with the game and Oculus. Now I must to disable the SLI because the flicker is annoying. I know that the problem is the VR SLI, I hope that you are working with it. Now I can play de Back to Dinosaurs Island demo from Crytek because they have implemented the multigpu in their engine, but with Project Cars I must to disable the SLI. I hope that this functionality is implemented as fast as possible

Best Regards and sorry for my poor english
Dualin

spacepadrille
20-01-2016, 11:26
Nothing about the exposure of the helmet camera with the Aston GTE ?

gmspromo
20-01-2016, 11:40
So as soon as anyone has downloaded the patch, can they PLEEEEEEASE tell us if it's fixed the tyre heating issue? ... and not just for "under-inflated" tyres, as per the patch notes.

I am slightly concerned they won't have changed much because of the addition of the Mazda drift car; If they want people to try drifting it, the tyres will need not to overheat .. I hope I'm wrong, because I want proper tyre heat in all the tyres on all the other cars, not cold tyres just to be able to "drift" one car I have no interest in ...

mister dog
20-01-2016, 11:41

It's a small thing but it makes me very happy. Thanks guys :yes:.
Hooray for our thumbs!

ps. Just noticed it doesnt mention anything about liveries, hope they are saved too? Otherwise we'd still have to go through the whole selection process :ambivalence:

leon1772
20-01-2016, 11:43
I am surprised by how little fix for this patch. Missing patch on multiplayer with flying cars or a big accident before the start of the race. The replay is not so cars following me in the replay does not correspond to the race ... and not to mention the abscence (and a lack of communication on this subject) of custom livery online.

Cheesenium
20-01-2016, 11:46
Not that many fixes in this patch, hope this doesnt mean future patches will be like this.

Jego
I am surprised by how little fix for this patch. Missing patch on multiplayer with flying cars or a big accident before the start of the race. The replay is not so cars following me in the replay does not correspond to the race ... and not to mention the abscence (and a lack of communication on this subject) of custom livery online.

You really are suprised?

IJOJOI
So as soon as anyone has downloaded the patch, can they PLEEEEEEASE tell us if it's fixed the tyre heating issue? ... and not just for "under-inflated" tyres, as per the patch notes.

I am slightly concerned they won't have changed much because of the addition of the Mazda drift car; If they want people to try drifting it, the tyres will need not to overheat .. I hope I'm wrong, because I want proper tyre heat in all the tyres on all the other cars, not cold tyres just to be able to "drift" one car I have no interest in ...
First off, the tyres need to overheat in order to drift properly.
Yes the tyre heating seems to be nice again ;)

could_do_better
20-01-2016, 11:47
Comment on tire heating in PS4 release thread.

Looking good

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44179-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-8-0-Release-Notes&p=1215083&viewfull=1#post1215083

mynameis
20-01-2016, 11:55

Appologies if its a daft question,but what was the issue with the finish line?Which layout of the track is it and is it a PC or console bug?
many thanks

Andy

leon1772
20-01-2016, 12:00
You really are suprised?

yes anyway because he said he is still working on pCARS1 4 months, but I see they reduce the size of the development PCARS1 for PCARS2.

Pamellaaa
20-01-2016, 12:07
Appologies if its a daft question,but what was the issue with the finish line?Which layout of the track is it and is it a PC or console bug?
many thanks

Andy

The game doesn't start or end a lap until the far end of the straight (red line on the track) I think IRL there is a timing line there but the game uses a line much further down the track than the real life start/finish line.

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 12:08
yes anyway because he said he is still working on pCARS1 4 months, but I see they reduce the size of the development PCARS1 for PCARS2.

Some bugs are just not feasible to fix.
Some may require a whole rewrite of parts of the engine...
It's a new engine and there was definitely not enough time to polish.
But we are at a point now where most of it works quite well.
You have to remember pCars and WMD was a big experiment ;).
And it worked out way better than we all expected 2011.

MAILERS
20-01-2016, 12:28
Can I see the KTM X-BOW in that list, yes please & thank you.

Puffpirat
20-01-2016, 12:28
I vote anyone complaining in the patch release threads shall not receive support anymore, it's obviously unwanted. Some of you do realize stuff still gets fixed more than half a year after release?

I say thank you for the ongoing support. Good fixes in this one and it won't be the last :)

donaldbond
20-01-2016, 12:29
Hi Stephen. Iīm wondering when we can use our SLI with the game and Oculus. Now I must to disable the SLI because the flicker is annoying. I know that the problem is the VR SLI, I hope that you are working with it. Now I can play de Back to Dinosaurs Island demo from Crytek because they have implemented the multigpu in their engine, but with Project Cars I must to disable the SLI. I hope that this functionality is implemented as fast as possible

Best Regards and sorry for my poor english
Dualin

Also I'm interested in this thing, I have your same configuration.

leon1772
20-01-2016, 12:33

"And it worked much better than we all expect in 2011." I'm not so on this. As compared to all that had been said, we are off the mark, no sutom livery online, no helmet and gloves customization, no animation mechanics in the pits, not live in the livery editor in game .....

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 12:45
"And it worked much better than we all expect in 2011." I'm not so on this. As compared to all that had been said, we are off the mark, no sutom livery online, no helmet and gloves customization, no animation mechanics in the pits, not live in the livery editor in game .....

That's game/software development.
With infinite amount of time and money this would have definitely been possible.
But time as well as money ran out as the release got pushed back numerous times in order to polish the game a bit more.

You have to set your goals high ;)
The plans of Ian and Co were huge and they've mostly worked out.
Ofcouse there is a lot missing as you mentioned, for example rally was planned too but the time just ran out...

If you weren't at WMD you wouldn't even have noticed ;)
Furthermore these things were planned and also worked to some extent (for example pitstops) but as Ian said they wanted to do it as good as possible therefore it won't be in pCars 1...

DreamsKnight
20-01-2016, 12:48

all things important to go faster.

cjorgens79
20-01-2016, 12:58
Not that many fixes in this patch, hope this doesnt mean future patches will be like this.

Dont forget we have just had xmas/new year, alot of people would have been having well earned breaks from work, as im sure alot of you did, so you cant expect the patch over that period to be very big.

John Hargreaves
20-01-2016, 13:09

Back in 2011 we had a low budget, high risk indie game on our hands. What turned out was beyond anything we could have imagined in that first few weeks.

Bealdor
20-01-2016, 13:11
Let's get back on topic (the patch notes that is) please. :)

balderz002
20-01-2016, 13:37
GUI

Good news!

aurel
20-01-2016, 13:49
While I can see plenty of players on my (updated) dedicated servers, when I start the (updated) game, I get "0 current online games" and "No multiplayer sessions found to join!". Is this a common occurrence after a patch? Will it fix itself in time? (I have no other connectivity issues, nor any problems with Steam, as far as I can see.)

baza4173
20-01-2016, 13:49
Well just like to say downloaded this patch and has just wiped my whole game saves took me right back to beginning :mad:

mister dog
20-01-2016, 14:16
ps. Just noticed it doesnt mention anything about liveries, hope they are saved too? Otherwise we'd still have to go through the whole selection process :ambivalence:
Just tested it and happy to say liveries are saved too. :)

DFAlex
20-01-2016, 14:24
Hai,
please correct me, but i can't read any word to the multiplayer bug...
Again no fix?

...hmm...

regards
Alex

cluck
20-01-2016, 14:25
Hai,
please correct me, but i can't read any word to the multiplayer bug...
Again no fix?

...hmm...

regards
AlexI'm sure the devs will look into "the multiplayer bug" right now for you, thanks for the report :yes:.

Schadows
20-01-2016, 14:59
Happy to see the works on Oculus integration continues. Does someone know if the devs plan to support other VR helmet like HTC Vive Pre ? (or the Steam VR api more generally)

BannockMille
20-01-2016, 15:17
Can someone ELI5 that the tire model has been changed again? Is it back to what it was in 6.0? The patch notes seem to indicate only underinflation is changed?
Do Wet Tires still perform amazingly well in the dry, without burning off the car?

Bruusie
20-01-2016, 15:22

Thanks for the explanation...maybe an idea to put this on the packaging next time...just so people know...and then no reason to moan all the time:)

Mahjik
20-01-2016, 15:45
While I can see plenty of players on my (updated) dedicated servers, when I start the (updated) game, I get "0 current online games" and "No multiplayer sessions found to join!". Is this a common occurrence after a patch? Will it fix itself in time? (I have no other connectivity issues, nor any problems with Steam, as far as I can see.)

Make sure your Multiplayer Filters are set to all.

Mahjik
20-01-2016, 15:46
Can someone ELI5 that the tire model has been changed again? Is it back to what it was in 6.0? The patch notes seem to indicate only underinflation is changed?

It's Patch 5 tire behavior but with the camber exploit fix from Patch 6.

colinL
20-01-2016, 15:51
Still waiting for the multiclass feature :(

Umer Ahmad
20-01-2016, 16:02
Do Wet Tires still perform amazingly well in the dry, without burning off the car?

Tyre discussion
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1215511#post1215511

aurel
20-01-2016, 16:12
Make sure your Multiplayer Filters are set to all.

Thank you, that was the problem. Funny story: I'm pretty sure I didn't change the setting to "Vehicle Class: Vintage Stockcar".

El Nano
20-01-2016, 16:13
Patch for nothing. Great. R.I.P. Project CARS. :(

Nico Herrmann
20-01-2016, 16:21
Sadly the view in the Marek LMP1 will still be offset.

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 16:32
Patch for nothing. Great. R.I.P. Project CARS. :(
https://media.giphy.com/media/zAOXiJhiXDqHS/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/BxmvRTro9SYc8/giphy.gif

El Nano
20-01-2016, 16:40
Serious, grounded counter-arguments. :victorious:

spides
20-01-2016, 16:43
thanks for the patch but please fix, the INSTA car flipping, and invisible INSTA stop kerbs

Shinzah
20-01-2016, 16:49
Serious, grounded counter-arguments. :victorious:
I like that you use the victorious emoticon for this, when your post contained literally no objective content and was just pointless negativity spewing without any pointed detail. Not even subjective pointed detail.

Your post was the equivalent of a coma victim drooling.

In fact, the level of quality of my response was far more than it deserved. Many apologies.

I think this is an adequate intellectual response.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hbLyhEDn4QhGg/giphy.gif

x ImJakeyy
20-01-2016, 16:51
The game doesn't start or end a lap until the far end of the straight (red line on the track) I think IRL there is a timing line there but the game uses a line much further down the track than the real life start/finish line.

You are correct Pam.

Old post from when Ziggy asked for my advice regarding the line placements during TGC!
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-TGC-NCC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club-New-Comers-Club-Recruitment-Thread&p=995778&viewfull=1#post995778

El Nano
20-01-2016, 17:10
Okay, so what about the imporving of countless online bug, witch we waiting many months ago? (and now i quite simplified the question...)

Umer Ahmad
20-01-2016, 17:13
Okay, so what about the imporving of countless online bug, witch we waiting many months ago? (and now i quite simplified the question...)

They are investigating, check again in Feb

Sankyo
20-01-2016, 17:23

The bug fixing process doesn't go like: bug reported - dev pulls bug fix from the shelf - implements bug fix - done.

Many times bugs require a lot of investigation and effort to pinpoint and fix.

Neil Bateman
20-01-2016, 18:21

Well then, lets get everything you want fixed first before you are forced to stop playing, i dont mind waiting a little longer for my fixes.:rolleyes:

Pr3t3nd3r
20-01-2016, 18:26
Thank you for constantly improving this game guys! Your work is much appreciated! ;)

Btw guys...how can I get that KTM X-Bow?

cluck
20-01-2016, 18:30
Thank you for constantly improving this game guys! Your work is much appreciated! ;)

Btw guys...how can I get that KTM X-Bow?By waiting until next Tuesday when the DLC is available to purchase :)

redglyph
20-01-2016, 18:32
TrackIR is still not fixed since they broke it last time, I see.

Pr3t3nd3r
20-01-2016, 18:34
By waiting until next Tuesday when the DLC is available to purchase :)

Ahh OK :) Ty for the info ;)

cluck
20-01-2016, 18:36
Ahh OK :) Ty for the info ;)

BTW is it just me or they have failed with proper V8 sound? -> edited Please remove that video :)

as per

Good Afternoon fellow speculators!

This is your monthly reminder not to post videos/screens from hacked content that maybe posted elsewhere on the internet. If it does get posted by someone else, please report the post and one of us will get on removing it when we can.

every month in the DLC thread :)

Pr3t3nd3r
20-01-2016, 18:38
Please remove that video :)

Why? Did I do something wrong? :S Is it prohibited to do that? o.O

Woops :O

cluck
20-01-2016, 18:40
see my edit. As it happens, a mod has done the necessary anyway :)

(thanks Roger :))

Pr3t3nd3r
20-01-2016, 18:41
see my edit. As it happens, a mod has done the necessary anyway :)

(thanks Roger :))

My apologize didn't know that until now :(

But at least I know now :P

cluck
20-01-2016, 18:42
My apologize didn't know that until now :(

But at least I know now :Phappens every month. At least you know for the future, that's all that matters :). No harm done.

MAARTEN
20-01-2016, 19:05
GUI

^^ that change alone is worth the wait for patch 8.0 :) great work as usual guys!
This is not only DLC cars but all cars and tracks stick to last one chosen to that game session.

El Nano
20-01-2016, 19:46
I understand. My money is needed for an unfinished game, but if i formulate legitimate expectations, I'm a fool. Clear.

MAARTEN
20-01-2016, 19:51
I understand. My money is needed for an unfinished game, but if i formulate legitimate expectations, I'm a fool. Clear.

I don't follow. This patch is free?

bcicciar
20-01-2016, 20:08
The cars very handle much better now.

I wish this forum was a little more constructive. It's sad there are a few bad apples that want to ruin it for the rest.

marcioindau
20-01-2016, 20:14
Patch 8.0 and no A.I. DNF. Now im sure the crew are not capable of "enable" this.

DaniloE31
20-01-2016, 20:45
I don't know whether the Tire Heating issue was tackled or not... actually irrelevant...
But that they don't make ANY mention about it in the Patch Notes is just plain a bad joke :(
Over and out

Let's get back on topic (the patch notes that is) please. :)

ermo
20-01-2016, 20:51
thanks for the patch but please fix, the INSTA car flipping, and invisible INSTA stop kerbs

Can you offer instructions for how to reliably reproduce the issues you are seeing, preferrably with video?

You will need to include very specific instructions, including all settings and all conditions (car, track, setup, weather, session type etc. etc.).

If the devs cannot reproduce your specific problem, they can't fix the issue.

Cheers. :)

Konan
20-01-2016, 21:10
Patch 8.0 and no A.I. DNF. Now im sure the crew are not capable of "enable" this.

Excuse me?
AI DNF is in the game...almost in every race there is a DNF...

Konan
20-01-2016, 21:13

To answer your question about the wets: I ran them one lap in dry conditions and they turned bright red...I wouldn't want to touch them in real life...lol

N0body Of The Goat
20-01-2016, 22:15
To answer your question about the wets: I ran them one lap in dry conditions and they turned bright red...I wouldn't want to touch them in real life...lol

I got very different results with the Formula Rookie rain tyres at Spa, starting with "storm" and then 3 slots of dry at x15...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1215344&viewfull=1#post1215344
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1215357&viewfull=1#post1215357

Essentially, you cannot trust the HUD indicator to tell you what is going on with the tyres, or trust the weather visuals you see to decide you need to change tyres.

It is all about how the cars handle/feel and what times you can post.

SpaceGhost1911
21-01-2016, 00:37
I don't know whether the Tire Heating issue was tackled or not... actually irrelevant...
But that they don't make ANY mention about it in the Patch Notes is just plain a bad joke :(
Over and out

Ummmmm... yes they did.

Tracks

• Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.

weisda3
21-01-2016, 00:57
Thanks Pcars for patch! I'm curious if anyone is having FFB issues on the T300. Mine feels way too strong now. Thanks for feedback.

satco1066
21-01-2016, 01:01
Ummmmm... yes they did.

I think he read the patch notes of latest Minecraft patch, and then selected the wrong forum link.
Strange.

Noone You Know
21-01-2016, 01:21

Funny, I don't remember that on any of the marketing material.

F2kSel
21-01-2016, 01:27
They are investigating, check again in Feb

Sorry but I think the record is sticking, They are aware, they are investigating neither of which inspires any confidence that they will be fixed as they should have been aware before release.

Midnightm3nace
21-01-2016, 04:13
Wow, even all of the beloved WMD members from their superb successful experiment are starting to voice impatience. Interesting.

Sepp666
21-01-2016, 06:48
Hello,

I really hoped that the issue(for triple screen users) with the ingame photo mode would be fixed this time - but no it wasn't. Although Andy Garton said: "We've confirmed it (the squishing of photo mode shots) as a bug, so thanks for the report."

What do you think - can I still have the hope that this bug will be fixed in the future?

Here you can see screenshots of what is happening: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23429-Issues-with-the-in-game-screenshot-feature/page2

I would love to get this working -. because i want to take some nice Screenshots with all the filters of the photo mode!

Please SMS get this fixed.

leon1772
21-01-2016, 07:01

Exactly EL NANO (I felt exactly the same as you). Just like you I feel this is a patch for nothing even if the work if the tire was needed (I have not tested are efficiency).

I would love that SMS could finish the game is the least of things, especially as they have the money and time too. I wait the customs livery online, but I did Jamai had no response even if I know what to expect "sorry but it will not be possible maybe in PCARS2" depresses me nothing than to think.

John Hargreaves
21-01-2016, 08:45
Funny, I don't remember that on any of the marketing material.

The WMD 'Big Experiment' was pretty much mentioned in every piece of news and marketing that was published during the whole development phase. Did you not notice that bit?

cluck
21-01-2016, 09:16
Wow, even all of the beloved WMD members from their superb successful experiment are starting to voice impatience. Interesting.Some members have been un-happy since day 1, it's nothing new :).

leon1772
21-01-2016, 09:25
Some members have been un-happy since day 1, it's nothing new :).

Totally agree with you, except that there is still more to be impatient. At first we could defend SMS and I was out of those there but now must stop all the time to make excuses.

satco1066
21-01-2016, 09:47
Mentioning is too few.

If you buy a house that is not built, and there is a line with "new experience, never seen before" doesn't implement that, that e.g.
warm water is 30 degrees, after a patch its 100 and then its 60. Maybe,
Windows do not close right.
Stairs/steps have not the same size.
Fridge only works, if TV-set is on, front door is open and moon is in the third phase.
Bathroom has no connection to sewer. Sorry for that inconvenience, buy an upgrade.
Garage door is 40 centimeters too small to drive in.
Many times you cannot leave, because the gateway doesn't open.
Only one item of furniture allowed per room.
Sometimes people disappear if more than 10 are present.
You want to add a winter garden, architect says "sorry, not licensed"
when i make photos of my family, some times i see only half of them.

This list could be longer ;)

Yes, i like this house. And i spend much time with it.
But sometimes i'll leave it and never come back.
Or will disappear automatically. "He went to bathroom, and never appeared again. This house is haunted, maybe"

cluck
21-01-2016, 10:07
Thing is, I'm sure some of you guys are frustrated but, hand on heart, I just love playing the game. I make no apology for my enthusiasm spilling over into this forum and giving some the impression that I'm some kind of apologist for SMS. I'm not, I just have lots of fun. Like yesterday, I discovered another lovely car/track combo in the shape of the Ginetta GT4 at Nordschleife. You couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I did 3 hot laps in time trial.

Each to their own of course but I'm still a happy camper for 99% of the time :).

Invincible
21-01-2016, 10:21
Thing is, I'm sure some of you guys are frustrated but, hand on heart, I just love playing the game. I make no apology for my enthusiasm spilling over into this forum and giving some the impression that I'm some kind of apologist for SMS. I'm not, I just have lots of fun. Like yesterday, I discovered another lovely car/track combo in the shape of the Ginetta GT4 at Nordschleife. You couldn't wipe the smile from my face as I did 3 hot laps in time trial.

Each to their own of course but I'm still a happy camper for 99% of the time :).

Same goes for me. I never really cared about the RUF CTR3, as I always thought it to be too difficult to drive. Yesterday I got an invitational event for it and thought: Ah, well, why not...
I was smiling all through the race and found it way too short at the end. So I made a single race with it on Spa, 100% Ai, 35 laps, CTR3 only. I think I have found a new favorite car!

Don Rudi
21-01-2016, 10:32
Exactly EL NANO (I felt exactly the same as you). Just like you I feel this is a patch for nothing even if the work if the tire was needed (I have not tested are efficiency).

I would love that SMS could finish the game is the least of things, especially as they have the money and time too. I wait the customs livery online, but I did Jamai had no response even if I know what to expect "sorry but it will not be possible maybe in PCARS2" depresses me nothing than to think.

This patch was for nothing? Seriously? Seeing some custom livery online is of a bigger importance to you, than to have working tyres? Strange attitude towards a racing sim imho

Sankyo
21-01-2016, 10:38
Mentioning is too few.

If you buy a house that is not built, and there is a line with "new experience, never seen before" doesn't implement that, that e.g.
warm water is 30 degrees, after a patch its 100 and then its 60. Maybe,
Windows do not close right.
Stairs/steps have not the same size.
Fridge only works, if TV-set is on, front door is open and moon is in the third phase.
Bathroom has no connection to sewer. Sorry for that inconvenience, buy an upgrade.
Garage door is 40 centimeters too small to drive in.
Many times you cannot leave, because the gateway doesn't open.
Only one item of furniture allowed per room.
Sometimes people disappear if more than 10 are present.
You want to add a winter garden, architect says "sorry, not licensed"
when i make photos of my family, some times i see only half of them.

This list could be longer ;)

Yes, i like this house. And i spend much time with it.
But sometimes i'll leave it and never come back.
Or will disappear automatically. "He went to bathroom, and never appeared again. This house is haunted, maybe"

My house was built with faults, too, though just not as exaggerated as you are writing here. Some faults were fixed, others were "within the official tolerances" so they were not fixed.

Complex software that we are seeing today will never be perfect, certainly not in the first delivery. Whether some faults can be fixed or not in patches from a technical and/or economic perspective is a reality that people will have to accept.

JessicaWalter
21-01-2016, 10:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwYcIHRg5Q

tonypbeck
21-01-2016, 11:25
many thanks

Andy

The finish line should be where the start line is, earlier in the straight.

leon1772
21-01-2016, 12:29
This patch was for nothing? Seriously? Seeing some custom livery online is of a bigger importance to you, than to have working tyres? Strange attitude towards a racing sim imho

I never said that, on the contrary I made it clear that in the last patch there that the work of tires interesting but the rest not. Sorry but I confirm what I said, apart from the tires this patch is useless. By against your custom livery online for me (and a community party at least in France) are important for monotype Team Championships team for example, also for skinners (which I am one) ....

FR-Alan
21-01-2016, 12:32
Great :). Projet C.A.R.S just realease. When does the patch-process begin ? :p
-> JOKING

wyster4
21-01-2016, 13:28
Rift Updates are all well and good but in all honesty I think there are more important items players would rather you use the time to concentrate and fix, Some items being on this thread repeatedly. Its ok being a good all rounder but P'Cars was supposed to stand out from the rest which initially it did.

Come on guys get the game back on track to what you wanted it to be.

Pamellaaa
21-01-2016, 13:43
Rift Updates are all well and good but in all honesty I think there are more important items players would rather you use the time to concentrate and fix, Some items being on this thread repeatedly. Its ok being a good all rounder but P'Cars was supposed to stand out from the rest which initially it did.

Come on guys get the game back on track to what you wanted it to be.

According to Ian the rift is getting a lot of support because pCARS is currently one of the best experiences available on the platform and, as the retail versions have just been made available for pre-order, there is every benefit for both SMS and Oculus to have as immersive and impressive an experience as possible with the massive increase in users likely just around the corner. He also mentioned that there might be something coming from a marketing standpoint related to the rift.

Can't blame them at all, its what any sensible team would do IMO.

Scott Coffey
21-01-2016, 14:12
TrackIR is still not fixed since they broke it last time, I see.

Interesting... my broken TrackIR view is always from underneath the world, not hovering over it.

satco1066
21-01-2016, 14:19
My house was built with faults, too, though just not as exaggerated as you are writing here. Some faults were fixed, others were "within the official tolerances" so they were not fixed.

Complex software that we are seeing today will never be perfect, certainly not in the first delivery. Whether some faults can be fixed or not in patches from a technical and/or economic perspective is a reality that people will have to accept.

Yep, i know that.
My view of development is an another.
We are about 140 people in company. Half is software developer, about 20 is a 2 staged QA.
But this is professional market.

BTW.
I spent ( steam numbers ) about 900 hours with pCars 1 and am also WMD member with the second project.
I'm no default complainer, cause i love it.
But to be real. PCars1 was far away from being perfekt on release.
If SMS would have released it as Steam preview, like Codemasters did with Dirt Rally, nobody would be pissed til final release in May 2016 :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, i'll start my engines. Tonight there'll be another great race with my friends.
Race on.

F2kSel
21-01-2016, 14:23
For me the issue isn't the racing or driving it's with the track loading, half the time it doesn't.
I've even accepted they won't fix that, but when you do get to the track the starts are so messed up it's pointless.
Cars dropped on top of you, some cars starting seconds before others and not getting penalties, fixed timed lights.
This seemed to get worse after patch 6.

The when you've completed your race the results are messed up.

These are basic issues, as for being patient I've been playing Arama since OFP was released I think it's over a decade now and I'm still waiting for them to fix AI driving but they do know about it.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 14:49
The finish line should be where the start line is, earlier in the straight.

I believe it's done this way due to the pits and how the triggers work (i.e. their are triggers for the AI control, triggers for AI release, triggers for the lap timing etc). i.e. it's likely not changing for pCARS1 due to how the engine works.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 14:51
For me the issue isn't the racing or driving it's with the track loading, half the time it doesn't.
I've even accepted they won't fix that

And yet you still never contemplate that it may be something with your system specifically... Even given that you appear to be the only one with this recurring problem.

DFAlex
21-01-2016, 15:06
I'm sure the devs will look into "the multiplayer bug" right now for you, thanks for the report :yes:.
I'm not sure what you think who you are....
This "sound" of your answer is NOT needed!
But THX i know now what "WMD Member" think over "normal" people...THX.
Last word from me here.

Oh and i ask not only for me, i ask as Admin from the Malzbierbude.de, a comunity with over 900 drivers...

Alex

OctoberDusk06
21-01-2016, 15:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwYcIHRg5Q

OH MY GOD, that movie makes me cringe. Everything about it. *run away....*

Invincible
21-01-2016, 15:10
Last word from me here.

Oh and i ask not only for me, i ask as Admin from the Malzbierbude.de, a comunity with over 900 drivers...

Alex

If you at least had specified what bug you were talking about... but a random "Multiplayer Bug"... What did you expect?

And in the next patch notes: "Multiplayer bug* fixed (*insert random bug please)" :rolleyes:

cluck
21-01-2016, 15:11
Last word from me here.

AlexI was sarcastic because you provided absolutely no information about the problem you were having. How do you expect the developers (SMS) to look into your problem when you haven't provided them with any detail?

Who am I? I'm just a forum user on here, same as you :).

EDIT : What exactly are the problems you are having (not that this is the right thread for that)?

EDIT : To create an analogy, it's like you turning up at a garage, leaving the keys and saying to the receptionist "It doesn't work" and then leaving. Can you imagine what the mechanics would be thinking? And the receptionist would no doubt be thinking the same as I typed originally. Again, my apologies for the sarcasm but month after month after month the same thing happens on here with somebody expecting a fix but not leaving any detail about their problem.

KiwiRacer
21-01-2016, 15:15
Last word from me here.

Alex

He was merely pointing at the fact that you're post is simply useless when all you say is "the multiplayer bug".

What bug? (as in "What exactly happens?")
When does it occur?
Hardware, OS, ... used

Details are needed, otherwise nobody could possibly know what you're talking about.

edit: ninja'd :rolleyes:

Paulo Ribeiro
21-01-2016, 15:40

A full fool?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2nGiu4J9ETs/TawxD9XXIpI/AAAAAAAAAIM/4TNNuzhOxl4/s1600/roflmao128629864358935877.jpg

F2kSel
21-01-2016, 16:16
And yet you still never contemplate that it may be something with your system specifically... Even given that you appear to be the only one with this recurring problem.

Of course it's at my end, I've only tried reinstalling the OS, changed hard drives swapped memory removed AV but still have the same issues.
Multiple people report the dropped cars and doggy lights so that's not system specific.
I've isolated the track loading issue down to it wrongly reporting the track to be the issue when it's not.
If I delete a file (not the track file) and force steam to verify and let steam reload that file which isn't a track file the track will then work. I think it's an issue with how it checks for errors or cheating.Who know what other issues this could cause.

Only pCars is an issue on my system with over 50 games.

I'm not just sitting here complaining I've pretty much tried everything short of buying a new PC.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 16:59
Multiple people report the dropped cars and doggy lights so that's not system specific.

My quote and post didn't reference that at all.

I've isolated the track loading issue down to it wrongly reporting the track to be the issue when it's not.

That doesn't seem to happen on 99% of the PC's out there running pCARS. If the devs can't duplicate it, it makes it nigh impossible to provide any type of code change that could mitigate it.

Konan
21-01-2016, 17:28

Exactly...heck,not that long ago it was a mistake to buy any early version PlayStation....took them up to the second or third shipment to iron the faults out...(or you had to be lucky to get a good one)

F2kSel
21-01-2016, 17:36
My quote and post didn't reference that at all.

That doesn't seem to happen on 99% of the PC's out there running pCARS. If the devs can't duplicate it, it makes it nigh impossible to provide any type of code change that could mitigate it.

I also said I'd accepted that it wouldn't be fixed, if it only happens to 1 in a million the bug could still be in the code we've just no way of knowing as there are so many variations of hardware and software.

All I can say it that pCars suffers from more bugs on my PC than any other game I've ever owned for one reason or another.

Mahjik
21-01-2016, 17:45
I also said I'd accepted that it wouldn't be fixed, if it only happens to 1 in a million the bug could still be in the code we've just no way of knowing as there are so many variations of hardware and software.

If you really had accepted that reality, you wouldn't be bringing the topic up every chance you get...

Now with that, I'm not saying you should accept it. However, expecting someone to fix something they don't see happening themselves is not a realistic expectation.

Shinzah
21-01-2016, 17:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtHQ7ZqK8Q

cluck
21-01-2016, 18:03
Just a quick word of warning, that video contains quite a few swears so is not really SFW in that regard :)

Shinzah
21-01-2016, 18:04

21-01-2016, 18:47
There's a long list of game breaking bugs that are higher priority and could be fixed, but the patch fixes the minor stuff only. Stuff like typos? really? and it wasn't even done properly (btw you missed the typo under slow & fast bumps "corenrs" which has been there forever).

When you produce a quality product people will buy it, in this case with so many game breaking bugs to fix you could see the amount of effort(or lack of) that goes into fixing it. Bugs that have existed since launch are still present now.

In the end of the day it's all about $. DLCs bring in $ whereas bug fixing cost $. That's why you see more DLCs vs. fixing the game. But remember quality > quantity.

F2kSel
21-01-2016, 19:48
If you really had accepted that reality, you wouldn't be bringing the topic up every chance you get...

Now with that, I'm not saying you should accept it. However, expecting someone to fix something they don't see happening themselves is not a realistic expectation.

If people go away and don't report that an issue persists after each patch how will they ever know the issue still exists.
Unlike you I don't know if they can reproduce the issue or not, or they're just hoping we'll go away.
I also think when I find something new about an issue it's worth reporting and perhaps can be avoided in pCars2.
I thought reporting that the game was falsely reporting an issue with a track file could be of some help.

I'll all so report if I find a fix or if it persists in the next patch which I fully expect it too.

I'm done with this as it's not going anywhere.

Konan
21-01-2016, 19:55
There's a long list of game breaking bugs that are higher priority and could be fixed, but the patch fixes the minor stuff only. Stuff like typos? really? and it wasn't even done properly (btw you missed the typo under slow & fast bumps "corenrs" which has been there forever).

When you produce a quality product people will buy it, in this case with so many game breaking bugs to fix you could see the amount of effort(or lack of) that goes into fixing it. Bugs that have existed since launch are still present now.

In the end of the day it's all about $. DLCs bring in $ whereas bug fixing cost $. That's why you see more DLCs vs. fixing the game. But remember quality > quantity.

Seems to me that uptill now every DLC was preceded by a patch....patch = fixes for the game...so what's your point?

Konan
21-01-2016, 19:56
If people go away and don't report that an issue persists after each patch how will they ever know the issue still exists.
Unlike you I don't know if they can reproduce the issue or not, or they're just hoping we'll go away.
I also think when I find something new about an issue it's worth reporting and perhaps can be avoided in pCars2.
I thought reporting that the game was falsely reporting an issue with a track file could be of some help.

I'll all so report if I find a fix or if it persists in the next patch which I fully expect it too.

I'm done with this as it's not going anywhere.

Oh...I can see where it's going...as usual...

jack1984
21-01-2016, 21:30
Seems to me that uptill now every DLC was preceded by a patch....patch = fixes for the game...so what's your point?

I think his point is that there are major bugs with a higher priority then solving a handful of minor bugs in the last 2 little patches. Not counting the tyre temp fix here since it was introduced by a patch and reverted.

Neil Bateman
21-01-2016, 22:53
Just imagine when we reach the last patch and dlc for PCars1 in a few months and not all the bugs were fixable and the game "Is what it is"

Its bad enough when everyone knows things could still be addressed/fixed in the next patch but when there are no more patches all hell will break loose, should be an interesting read.:)

artao
21-01-2016, 23:41
Just imagine when we reach the last patch and dlc for PCars1 in a few months and not all the bugs were fixable and the game "Is what it is"

Its bad enough when everyone knows things could still be addressed/fixed in the next patch but when there are no more patches all hell will break loose, should be an interesting read.:)

OOOH!HH!! that better not happen .. I cannot and will not support a company that drops product support after only a year.
"We're working on pCARS 2, and that will be better" is no excuse. I didn't buy pCARS to shake out the bugs so they could make a new game. I expect this game to last for several years (5 plus), just as any other racing game I've owned. There's many people still playing GTR2 for instance, including myself.
The lack of custom liveries online blew my mind when I found out, since that's been in racing games forever. Not to mention the lack of custom championships, and the scripted weather in the career mode. Plus the damage model where you can smash a car into the rails and still keep driving just fine .. and the rarity of tire blowouts (I've never had one, but I've read other people have, so apparently it is in there somewhere) ... and the crappy broken useless replay system.
"It's too much work for pCARS, but it will be in pCARS 2" is really fricken annoying, and gives me no confidence in pCARS 2.

CreamyDischarge
21-01-2016, 23:52
Developers and publishers should be held accountable for their products much like. Manufactures are. The item must not be faulty and should be fixed, replaced or refunded and a warranty and support period of 2 years minimum should be enforced to fall in line with hardware.

Put it this way, if you guys all bought your wheels... And they promised that it would work with all games and have awesome FFB and have this feature, and that feature, and it that it would do XYZ ...

and your product arrived and ... didn't function as described.
NONE of you would be praising and defending that company!

Not a single one of you would say, don't worry guys, the next ones going to even better, we just have to buy it all over again :)

The hypocrites here would be first in line with the pitch forks.

It's the emporers new clothes and those who defend it to the nth degree are the idiots admiring his new look! Gullible consumers man, they ruin it for everyone :(

GT5 might be a rubbish game, by my god do those boys keep pumping out patches. It's still not right, but you can't knock them for trying to fix it for the community. At least they try and keep patching and upgrading it. It's evident that PCars has all but stopped its support (DLC will continue for milking reasons) but the last 2 patches and Ian's comments that it's got a max of 4 months of the limited support left, all but verify it.

It's over guys, we have to just lump it. But as I said to Ian, I'll pirate PCars 2 to test it before I buy it, but I ain't buying it until it's fully functioning, tested and meets my acceptance criteria.

Midnightm3nace
22-01-2016, 00:01
OOOH!HH!! that better not happen .. I cannot and will not support a company that drops product support after only a year.
"We're working on pCARS 2, and that will be better" is no excuse. I didn't buy pCARS to shake out the bugs so they could make a new game. I expect this game to last for several years (5 plus), just as any other racing game I've owned. There's many people still playing GTR2 for instance, including myself.
The lack of custom liveries online blew my mind when I found out, since that's been in racing games forever. Not to mention the lack of custom championships, and the scripted weather in the career mode. Plus the damage model where you can smash a car into the rails and still keep driving just fine .. and the rarity of tire blowouts (I've never had one, but I've read other people have, so apparently it is in there somewhere) ... and the crappy broken useless replay system.
"It's too much work for pCARS, but it will be in pCARS 2" is really fricken annoying, and gives me no confidence in pCARS 2.

I didn't spend my money on Project Cars to be told after paying that next to nothing that was headline promised or basic shit and basic bugs would not be fixed and that I would have to buy P Cars 2 to get the product I already paid for. If the game was this bad, Ian you should have had balls to own it and put it on early access. DICE fixed alot of the crashes for BF4 didn't they?

I didn't buy Project Cars for them to tell me I would have to buy PCARS2 to get what they promised me the first time around. It's marketing bullshit and it pisses me off. All they want is more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Calm down dear.

One, I don't agree the game is terrible.
Two, we're not abandoning anything to pCARS2 on the bug side. We'll continue full support for as long as it takes.
Three, I have balls and am owning it.
Four, this is a smaller patch as we have a company shut down over Christmas and we are running out of bugs to fix. When I say bugs, I mean bugs, not feature requests.

artao
22-01-2016, 00:14
OH! ... I forgot to mention the RIDICULOUS penalty system. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Seriously, WTF. ... What motorsport puts a 5 second speed limiter on a car for a penalty? ... AND enacts said penalty (for cutting, for instance) when the car in question has CLEARLY spun off-track, and gained nothing by "cutting"
Could you guys not be bothered to implement an actual penalty system? What's wrong with pit-lane drive-thrus or stop-and-go? ....... Oh right, you also decided that the driver shouldn't have control of the car in the pit lane.
But of course, none of this will be addressed in pCARS because of course, "It's not feasible"
I loved this game at first, but have become very disillusioned with SMS -- in no small part due to the attitude of the devs toward these things.

diesel97
22-01-2016, 00:18
Exactly...heck,not that long ago it was a mistake to buy any early version PlayStation....took them up to the second or third shipment to iron the faults out...(or you had to be lucky to get a good one)

You have to be in the running for cheerleader of the year(and last year ) with that statement ..., LMFAO

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 00:40
I can't keep track of all the Felicia's I need to say bye too already over their blatant inability to accept responsibility for their own actions (or their ridiculously petty anger over videogame noises and whatever else it is this week).

When support stops that's going to be a fun month.

Can we actually get some patch discussion going, or is this the "Feel sorry for me because I spent money on something that wasn't what I wanted and am going to cry about it like a little bitch and anyone who says otherwise needs to be bullied over their positive outlook and difference of opinion" thread?

https://media.giphy.com/media/RtqZpccRVNtpm/giphy.gif

Animera
22-01-2016, 00:48
And in the mean time, some of us are racing in leagues every weekend and having an absolute ball!

Umer Ahmad
22-01-2016, 01:27
OH! ... I forgot to mention the RIDICULOUS penalty system. Who the heck thought that was a good idea? Seriously, WTF. ... What motorsport puts a 5 second speed limiter on a car for a penalty? ... AND enacts said penalty (for cutting, for instance) when the car in question has CLEARLY spun off-track, and gained nothing by "cutting"
Could you guys not be bothered to implement an actual penalty system? What's wrong with pit-lane drive-thrus or stop-and-go? ....... Oh right, you also decided that the driver shouldn't have control of the car in the pit lane.
But of course, none of this will be addressed in pCARS because of course, "It's not feasible"
I loved this game at first, but have become very disillusioned with SMS -- in no small part due to the attitude of the devs toward these things.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/survey.html

diesel97
22-01-2016, 01:32

HaHa you mods are so funny, nice come back

zebra_afs
22-01-2016, 02:04
thank you so much for the new patch

artao
22-01-2016, 02:36

already did, way back when it was first made available
That doesn't make the penalty system you used in pCARS any less ridiculous ... nor does it excuse the "wait for pCARS 2" sentiment, which has become more and more common. :\

artao
22-01-2016, 02:37
And in the mean time, some of us are racing in leagues every weekend and having an absolute ball!

... and the majority of league racers are using other games

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 03:02
... and the majority of league racers are using other games

Do you have evidence that supports this hypothesis?

artao
22-01-2016, 03:43
Do you have evidence that supports this hypothesis?

RaceDepartment, one of the biggest online racing sites, has virtually no pCARS players, not to mention leagues. (NO PC-based leagues at the moment)
Race2Play doesn't even support pCARS as yet.
NoGripRacing doesn't appear to have any pCARS.
Apex Online has a league, but it's pretty small.
Inside SimRacing has virtually nothing.
GTPlanet has a few, but not many active.
In the Steam community, people ask but nothing ever seems to come together.
I think I've covered the major players in league sim-racing.

Meanwhile, iRacing (of course), Assetto Corsa, R3E, rFactor 2, and Stock Car Extreme seem to have pretty active league racing. ... Stock Car Extreme is once again being used for the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championships.
I've seen plenty of informal club racing with pCARS, but not much in active leagues. ... Even GTR2 still has leagues going (tho admittedly not many any more)

One major thing holding pCARS back from general league use is the replays. How is one to review a race to see who was at fault in an incident when the replay system doesn't work right? Cars in the wrong place, sticking to the grid, disappearing cars, the wrong cars even. No slo-mo or decent camera controls. ... We all know how borked the pCARS replay system is, and replays are pretty essential to league racing.
The other thing holding pCARS back from league racing is the lack of online customs skins. BIG factor there. Huge.

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 03:47
RaceDepartment, one of the biggest online racing sites, has virtually no pCARS players, not to mention leagues.
Race2Play doesn't even support pCARS as yet.
NoGripRacing doesn't appear to have any pCARS.
Apex Online has a league, but it's pretty small.
Inside SimRacing has virtually nothing.
GTPlanet has a few, but not many active.
In the Steam community, people ask but nothing ever seems to come together.
I think I've covered the major players in league sim-racing.

Meanwhile, iRacing (of course), Assetto Corsa, R3E, rFactor 2, and Stock Car Extreme seem to have pretty active league racing. ... Stock Car Extreme is once again being used for the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championships.
I've seen plenty of informal club racing with pCARS, but not much in active leagues. ... Even GTR2 still has leagues going.

One major thing holding pCARS back from general league use is the replays. How is one to review a race to see who was at fault in an incident when the replay system doesn't work right? Cars in the wrong place, sticking to the grid, disappearing cars, the wrong cars even. No slo-mo or decent camera controls. ... We all know how borked the pCARS replay system is, and replays are pretty essential to league racing.

No, I mean real actual statistical figures and study into this. I don't mean "Well *I* went to some websites on the internet and saw this..." That doesn't interest me so much as how many actual people there are league racing.

I'm well aware ISI sims and iRacing will have very active communities, given that they have been around for significantly longer. I'm interested in knowing what the figures are, not the word on the street. I can go see the word on the street. I don't have the time to do a factual statistical survey.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just when you made such a confident statement I was hoping to get more than "I saw on the internet" to back it up, because it would be interesting to know the information.

artao
22-01-2016, 03:53
Sure it would be interesting to see actual numbers, but who's gonna do that? So basically your question was meant to lead nowhere?
The fact remains that the major league racing sites, that have been around for some time, aren't really having much if anything in the way of pCARS leagues.
Sure, there's groups of people smattered about who do, but there's really no way to count them, is there? The only thing we have to go on is "from the internet" and more importantly, sites that have been running racing leagues for years. ... They just aren't using pCARS. I'm guessing largely due to the two reasons I stated.

EDIT: I'm only speaking of PC leagues here. Can't speak for X-Box of PS leagues.

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 04:14
There's plenty of ways to gather data. My question was meant to lead to me acquiring potential data.

Making a fully confident statement without objective information is a fallacy, specifically a fallacy with a basis of providing anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias (I saw xyz sites, these are the only judges that 'matter' so therefore it must be true.)

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could well be right in your initial statement. But what you have provided is nothing tangible to that statement. Special pleading or appealing to black and white conditions (Oh nobody will do this, so this is the best possible presentation of data.) No, I'm skeptical of the presented data and would prefer a more solid form of information to convince me that it's true.

I'm not just going to believe everything I see on the internet. So I ask questions to receive answers. Unfortunately, you do not have the answers.

davekojo
22-01-2016, 04:21
Thanks for the patch guys. Thats what this thread is about right? :p

artao
22-01-2016, 04:33
There's plenty of ways to gather data. My question was meant to lead to me acquiring potential data.

Making a fully confident statement without objective information is a fallacy, specifically a fallacy with a basis of providing anecdotal evidence and confirmation bias (I saw xyz sites, these are the only judges that 'matter' so therefore it must be true.)

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could well be right in your initial statement. But what you have provided is nothing tangible to that statement. Special pleading or appealing to black and white conditions (Oh nobody will do this, so this is the best possible presentation of data.) No, I'm skeptical of the presented data and would prefer a more solid form of information to convince me that it's true.

I'm not just going to believe everything I see on the internet. So I ask questions to receive answers. Unfortunately, you do not have the answers.

Okay, that's fair. I admit to engaging in a logical fallacy. I try not to. :)
I'm not seeing a whole lot even under this site's Multiplayer forum, where I'd expect to see more.

I DO enjoy this game, and don't mean to come off as a total griper. Apologies for that.
However, SMS hasn't been particularly forthcoming about their intentions for pCARS beyond bug fixing. I've grown disillusioned and frustrated. Every patch I think, "Maybe they'll have finally fixed the career mode AI, and/or added custom championships, and/or implemented custom liveries for online racing, and/or fixed the replay system." ... but there's little if any word on any of these issues, and "maybe for pCARS 2" seems to have become a more and more common answer when something IS said.

aurel
22-01-2016, 10:41
Every patch I think, "Maybe they'll have finally fixed the career mode AI, and/or added custom championships, and/or implemented custom liveries for online racing, and/or fixed the replay system."

Wow, those are ambitious hopes. For me, it's more like "Maybe they have finally reverted the broken chat window in the online lobby to its working state."

I guess pCars 2 will fix it.

DragonSyr
22-01-2016, 13:02
Also I DO enjoy this game
but
we have pcars1 and will fix it in pcars2 !!!!

what relief !!!!

I think that at least they should add in pcars the basics for all race sims like CUSTOM CHAMPIONSHIP MODE , MANUAL PITS and then they add those in pcars2
thats the way it works.

leon1772
22-01-2016, 13:12
Also I DO enjoy this game
but
we have pcars1 and will fix it in pcars2 !!!!

what relief !!!!

I think that at least they should add in pcars the basics for all race sims like CUSTOM CHAMPIONSHIP MODE , MANUAL PITS and then they add those in pcars2
thats the way it works.

PCARS 1 is not the priority of SMS.
Can be making money so they bet everything on PCARS 2 PCARS1 the players are no longer the priority of SMS. The problem is that many will see competition because they are tired of bugs PCARS my forum no longer exists because of these bugs and features that should have been present in PCARS and unfortunately will not ever in this game (but which are present in Assetto Corsa for example).
The money always money ....

cluck
22-01-2016, 13:19
Can be making money so they bet everything on PCARS 2 PCARS1 the players are no longer the priority of SMS. The problem is that many will see competition because they are tired of bugs PCARS my forum no longer exists because of these bugs and features that should have been present in PCARS and unfortunately will not ever in this game (but which are present in Assetto Corsa for example).
The money always money ....They're a business, not a so*ding charity. When will people realise this?

Konan
22-01-2016, 13:22
The money always money ....

For the ....time:it's not just the money...the main reason for the missing features is the technology.
Bugfixes are still priority.
This has been said and explained before so there is really no point in keep bringing this up...
Some people demand things that would require a wre-write off the game or even create a new one...well,that's exactly what they are doing with Pcars2
No use crying over spilled milk...
No offence...

DragonSyr
22-01-2016, 14:01
we r not crying over a spilled milk but over a liquid that the manufacturer said is a milk , then tells that is going to be a milk ,but this never happened and tells that the new liquid is a milk.
what is your reaction then????
also No offence....
as i said..... i do enjoy and like this game but is incomplete.

cluck
22-01-2016, 14:03
we r not crying over a spilled milk but over a liquid that the manufacturer said is a milk , then tells that is going to be a milk ,but this never happened and tells that the new liquid is a milk.
also No offence....
as i said..... i do enjoy and like this game but is incomplete.It is milk, but they are now working on a new, improved, milk that more people can enjoy :)

Konan
22-01-2016, 14:13
also No offence....
as i said..... i do enjoy and like this game but is incomplete.

None taken...
I do understand where you're coming from...heck,i've been there myself.
Point is: the decisions were made (those that could have been made) out of a business point of view...you really can't blame them for not wanting to take a loss...that wouldn't be good for the company,even if that means pi***ng a lot of people off.
I even give them credit for delivering the bad news...not a lot of Dev.studio's would do that...
The other decisions such as animated pitstops were forced ones due to the lack of sufficient technology...therefore they all will be implemented in the sequel which will be more powerful.

leon1772
22-01-2016, 14:37
They're a business, not a so*ding charity. When will people realise this?

People are beginning to understand, but the problem is they do not want to play this game, and prefers Assetto or other competitive games ....

balderz002
22-01-2016, 14:41
Could say PCars1 is semi-skimmed. I cant wait for the full fat PCars2!! Bring on the calories!!!

cluck
22-01-2016, 14:43
People are beginning to understand, but the problem is they do not want to play this game, and prefers Assetto or other competitive games ....There's nothing wrong with people seeking enjoyment from different games, nothing at all. If people bought Project CARS expecting it to be "one of those other games" with the business model of "one of those other games" then they bought the wrong game. Project CARS is Project CARS, not AC, iRacing, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE, rFACTOR2 or any number of other driving games :).

dainese9
22-01-2016, 16:56
grazie

NutsMammoth
22-01-2016, 19:22
Racing in two leagues, I love pCARS, but please fix the multiplayer replay system for heaven's sake.

Leper Messiah
22-01-2016, 19:51
LOL people moaning pCARS is incomplete then mention AC as if it's the most complete game in history....personally I love AC as well but that game has HUMUNGOUS missing features. How much longer do I have to rev the engine at the start of the race then RAM it into gear to get going huh?!! LOL.....not to mention an AWFUL totally SIMCADE career with no practise no quali just racing against 8-10 opponents GT and Forza stylee??

No Sim is perfect, pCARS has it's faults and omissions, but so have all the others.

Animera
22-01-2016, 21:08
We just had our Friday Night league race, Project Cars Drivers Club.
There were 16 of us in Ford Mk IV's at Nurburgring Sprint and it was great to hear people saying that they had overheating tyres because of too low tyre pressures, really bad tyre wear because of spinning or badly setup pit strategies.
It was an awesome 1 hour race!

Patch 8 has put a lot right again.

bcicciar
22-01-2016, 21:16
This is not in the right section, sorry. I would like to see either in a patch or Project Cars 2.
I would like to see during online racing when qualifying you race on the track alone other games do this. Private qualifying.IMO Project Cars has turned in a crash and bash race.
I just started racing Rfactor Dirt Works Designs mods and they race much cleaner on dirt than online people playing Project Cars.
If you can't hold your line and push me off the track why should I get penalized. It happens all the time...Time after time.
I'm sure when Project Cars 3 they will have enough money to make the game right.

I like the game just hard to enjoy when people think pushing you off the track is racing. Amazing they even think there good. You people should stick to GT6.

Shinzah
22-01-2016, 21:16
Could say PCars1 is semi-skimmed. I cant wait for the full fat PCars2!! Bring on the calories!!!

Oi mate, I like half n half creamer tho

bring me the sweetness!

Edit:

This is not in the right section, sorry. I would like to see either in a patch or Project Cars 2.
I would like to see during online racing when qualifying you race on the track alone other games do this. Private qualifying.IMO Project Cars has turned in a crash and bash race.
I just started racing Rfactor Dirt Works Designs mods and they race much cleaner on dirt than online people playing Project Cars.
If you can't hold your line and push me off the track why should I get penalized. It happens all the time...Time after time.
I'm sure my Project Cars 3 they will have enough money to make the game right.

I like the game just hard to enjoy when people think pushing you off the track is racing. Amazing they even think there good.

"This one aspect of the game that the developer has little to no control over has made the game bad for me. This one aspect has. This one thing. This one thing I could avoid all together if I had friends. So I will now insult the developer aimlessly for my lack of social skills."

Fixed.

I mean what the hell are they going to do? Have paid online racers?

bcicciar
22-01-2016, 21:34
NO............ I'm saying Private qualifying would be great. They can control that!!! As for the people racing. I understand they can't but, make it m so they get flagged to the rear of the field. Something that makes it not worth doing and then most of it will stop. Was not an insult. If the next game they release does not address many of the outstanding issues sales will suffer.

diesel97
22-01-2016, 21:39
NO............ I'm saying Private qualifying would be great. They can control that!!! As for the people racing. I understand they can't but, make it m so they get flagged to the rear of the field. Something that makes it not worth doing and then most of it will stop. Was not an insult. If the next game they release does not address many of the outstanding issues sales will suffer.

Two words ... "driver rep" if they turned this on it would help a lot. Hell even codies Autosport has it and it helps . You see somebody in the lobby with "red flags " over their name you can either give them a one shot try out or give them the boot. Not perfect but it helps.

Morgan Henstridge
22-01-2016, 21:45

Part of the fun / realism is getting a space in the traffic to get a great clean lap.

If i want to drive on n empty track, i will do Time Trial. for Practice and Quali, i like the other cars on the track, just like real life.

Mahjik
22-01-2016, 22:05
Patch 8 has cut ties with all multiplayer sessions. I can no longer access any multiplayer games. My firewall shows public access is enabled. Any suggestions?

Check the Multiplayer Filter. It's likely set to "Vintage Stockcar". Change it to ALL.

satco1066
22-01-2016, 22:38

Yeah. Private quali. And a personal trainer. And 50m wide, 8 km long straight, so to have no problems with cornering.
And Mummy, serving warm beverage. What about a TV-set instead of this boring Motec. Butler, lend me a hand, i want to feel horsepower.

Oh, no. This little patch 8 just offers warm tires.

Laughing out loud.

barcode
22-01-2016, 23:10
Part of the fun / realism is getting a space in the traffic to get a great clean lap.

If i want to drive on n empty track, i will do Time Trial. for Practice and Quali, i like the other cars on the track, just like real life.

That only works if the other cars on the track actually know what they're doing. IRL the pit crews will try to find you a spot and send you out, as they can see where all the other cars are, and they can rely on the other driver's skills. That's not in the game, but it could be a nice addition to see a track map with dots on it, like so many small details (post race results with a full list of all your laptimes, friends being displayed on the track map...). I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but it sure would be nice. Some things aren't feasible for Pcars1 anymore, I get that, but the attention spent on these small details should increase a bit in my opinion.

The point is, though, that something like a driver's reputation/skill indicator could be extremely helpful for normal online racing. Not everybody wants to join leagues or clans or whatever.

I totally get what you're saying, and that to me is a fun part as it adds to the realism (so is driving through the pits myself, doing an outlap into the starting formation, doing a victory lap etc.). But if you have other people intentionally ramming you... not so much. Another fix for this could be to ghost a player if he crashes into other people too much. Private qualy? Nah, unless it was done like that IRL. Indy and Nascar do that on the ovals, right? F1 used to do it, but it sucked.

Talking about "ghosting", the time you are being ghosted after pressing the reset button, putting you back on the track, needs to be increased by a few seconds. I noticed that specifically in the races against AI. Not only do they push you off as if they didn't see you quite often, when trying to recover from that, they tend to run straight into your rearend, making no attempt to avoid you, as if they never even saw you.

I have played the patch a few hours, and I really didn't notice much of a difference. Haven't got any major bugs or anything. But it wasn't a massive patch anyways. I hope there's more to come, as some people seem to have more game breaking issues.

Saloei
22-01-2016, 23:50
Check the Multiplayer Filter. It's likely set to "Vintage Stockcar". Change it to ALL.

Yes that's what it was. I deleted my post but I see support is always on its toes. Thanks guys.

davekojo
23-01-2016, 00:01
I think there was an FFB adjustment in this patch which wan't mentioned in the release notes. There is way more feeling in my Fanatec GT3 v2.

I've only tested formula B and formula Renault so far but I rebuilt my PC and have been playing without jackspade files since patch 7.0. There is a definite difference in FFB between 7 and 8. Not sure if its a result of the tire changes or something they slipped in.

Before I rebuilt my PC I was using jackspade files. Now FFB feels closer to jackspade "normal" profile where you can fell the rear losing grip earlier. Also subtle changes in the track (bumps on enter/exit of corners) seem to translate to the wheel more.

I quite like this patch.

P.S.

Random complaint and threat to never play the game again.

F1_Racer68
23-01-2016, 00:17
Has anyone been able to get G27 buttons working over UDP yet? According t Patch 8.0 release notes it is supposed to work, but I have yet to get any of the G27 buttons recognized by the several apps I am using.

UDP

bcicciar
23-01-2016, 00:57

NASCAR does it and many, many more. Practice have everyone out then have Private qualifying.

eracerhead
23-01-2016, 01:16
I think there was an FFB adjustment in this patch which wan't mentioned in the release notes. There is way more feeling in my Fanatec GT3 v2...Not sure if its a result of the tire changes or something they slipped in.

I quite like this patch.

I agree that the game feels much better, but I chalked that up to a) taking three weeks off over vacation and b) trying different cars than I typically run (last couple nights have been the Ruf RT12, BMW 2002 and 320 turbo, for instance). Wheel feel on all these have been fantastic, by the way. Would be interested in hearing objective opinions from people more up-to-date than I am.

Umer Ahmad
23-01-2016, 01:31
RT12 all day

Shinzah
23-01-2016, 02:43
NASCAR does it and many, many more. Practice have everyone out then have Private qualifying.

Wrong.

NASCAR abolished single car qualifying over a year ago. It's done in segments and groups.

diesel97
23-01-2016, 03:08
Wrong.

NASCAR abolished single car qualifying over a year ago. It's done in segments and groups.

depends on the track

bcicciar
23-01-2016, 03:34
You totally missed my point. There are many different type of races that do. As other games. It was just saying it would cut down on getting jammed and rammed off the track during qualifying.

I must be the only person that this happens too. Right.

Mahjik
23-01-2016, 03:45

Part of the problem is most people don't understand that qualifying is not a race. A lot of people "race" each other during qualifying.

I do time trials in real life and we do not get the track to ourselves when going for our laps. The way the classes are designed, cars may have similar lap times but they get them in different ways (i.e. one car with higher straight line speed, the other with higher cornering speeds). This has the cars getting in each other's way trying to get their laps in. What we do is spread out to avoid that... I do the same thing with sim racing qualifying. I just slow up to allow those who don't understand qualifying to go on, then I go for my lap.

I'm not suggesting your idea isn't a good one, just suggesting some alternatives.

tennenbaum
23-01-2016, 03:54
That only works if the other cars on the track actually know what they're doing. IRL the pit crews will try to find you a spot and send you out, as they can see where all the other cars are, and they can rely on the other driver's skills. That's not in the game, but it could be a nice addition to see a track map with dots on it, like so many small details (post race results with a full list of all your laptimes, friends being displayed on the track map...). I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but it sure would be nice. Some things aren't feasible for Pcars1 anymore, I get that, but the attention spent on these small details should increase a bit in my opinion.

The point is, though, that something like a driver's reputation/skill indicator could be extremely helpful for normal online racing. Not everybody wants to join leagues or clans or whatever.

I totally get what you're saying, and that to me is a fun part as it adds to the realism (so is driving through the pits myself, doing an outlap into the starting formation, doing a victory lap etc.). But if you have other people intentionally ramming you... not so much. Another fix for this could be to ghost a player if he crashes into other people too much. Private qualy? Nah, unless it was done like that IRL. Indy and Nascar do that on the ovals, right? F1 used to do it, but it sucked.

Talking about "ghosting", the time you are being ghosted after pressing the reset button, putting you back on the track, needs to be increased by a few seconds. I noticed that specifically in the races against AI. Not only do they push you off as if they didn't see you quite often, when trying to recover from that, they tend to run straight into your rearend, making no attempt to avoid you, as if they never even saw you.

I have played the patch a few hours, and I really didn't notice much of a difference. Haven't got any major bugs or anything. But it wasn't a massive patch anyways. I hope there's more to come, as some people seem to have more game breaking issues.

a skill indicator is a great idea!!

Leo Galan Barlo
24-01-2016, 03:58
It is a shame that still do not solve the problem of Logitech G-27 after 8 patches.
And even intent a response.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37797-G27-Stops-working/page16

Madmazz116
24-01-2016, 11:20
This patch has ruined tyre wear in the rain, I did a 25 lap race in the rain with tyre wear set to SLOW..I had to pit after lap 12 and 24 the AI didnt pit once!. Patch 8 has now ruined all racing in the rain against the AI.

Shinzah
24-01-2016, 12:14
depends on the track

At the mid of last season, they changed the superspeedway rules on interim but the 2016 super speedway procedure hasn't been released yet afaict.

You totally missed my point. There are many different type of races that do. As other games. It was just saying it would cut down on getting jammed and rammed off the track during qualifying.

Nobody is saying that which I can see, however the vast majority of series in the game do not do single car time trials.

Even so, running pub races in any racing game is playing the lottery of pricks and hoping you find that few decent guys. There's not going to be an effective public lobby fix that magically makes the game a better place.

You run single car time trials, they go smoke a cigarette, order a pizza and wipe you out in T1 anyway.

Gobymage
24-01-2016, 13:30
Thank you for these patch 7.1.

I hope we will see a real patch very soon (don't forget this : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-21-12)

d4ninho
24-01-2016, 13:41
It doesnt really matter what they do to the game unless they give us dedicated servers on console they may as well only make the game for the pc market.

Without servers its 50/50 as to whether the game will work properly, we have ppl on fiber broadband and very low ping and still they cannot run a lobby without one driver having terrible lag, we try to stick to uk drivers only to see if that helps but sadly it doesn't.

surely these days all games should be on a server, perhaps those millions they made will all be spent on servers?

could_do_better
24-01-2016, 14:09
Don't Microsoft and Sony make a very nice cut from the sales of games and charge users extra for online functionality?

Surely it's the millions made by Sony and Microsoft that should be invested in good online experience. The problem is SMS are paying for it already in royalties to Sony and Microsoft on every copy sold AND you are paying for it in your live subscription.

I know none of that helps with gameplay quality, but let's be clear where the responsibility lies in the console market. If SMS got to keep an extra €10-15 of every sale and a small monthly subscription, I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to offer high quality local servers.

SpeedFreakDTM
24-01-2016, 14:33
Dedicated servers are not needed to make the game run without lag. Some kind of ping restriction needs to be in place.

The host just need to kick out the people who make the game lag. Once that's done you can have lag free racing. Assuming the lobby is full and no one can join while the race is in progress that is. One of my friends is great at being host, most of the time the laggers get kicked before they reach the track, but I guess you have to remember their names to do that.

AOD_Danneskjold
25-01-2016, 01:00
Have the classic tracks like Hockenheim Classic and Silverstone Classic been fixed yet? Or are they still broken?

KingK76
25-01-2016, 07:39
I like that you use the victorious emoticon for this, when your post contained literally no objective content and was just pointless negativity spewing without any pointed detail. Not even subjective pointed detail.

Your post was the equivalent of a coma victim drooling.

In fact, the level of quality of my response was far more than it deserved. Many apologies.

I think this is an adequate intellectual response.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hbLyhEDn4QhGg/giphy.gif

I agree. That was a perfectly hilarious response!

DaniloE31
25-01-2016, 17:54
Have the classic tracks like Hockenheim Classic and Silverstone Classic been fixed yet? Or are they still broken?
Nobody knows... nobody tells...
The only chance is, you check for yourself.
(Indeed I wonder why I'm still visiting this forum at all... :confused: )

crowtrobot
25-01-2016, 20:51
Just wanted to give props to the track artists for the optimizations on Ruapuna - they have made the track much more enjoyable on the Rift. Has a really fun, club-level vibe to it, but wasn't really able to enjoy it too much previously due to the framerates.

And thank god the DLC cars/track selections getting reset to default finally got fixed, it has been driving me nuts for months.

satco1066
25-01-2016, 22:09

Don't know what's broken in Hockenheim classic.
Please be more precise.

Our group had a 45 laps LMP1 race last sunday ( patch 8 )
Real weather. Cold and misty. Night. 2 pit stops.
No problems :cool:

Fanapryde
26-01-2016, 10:16
Talking about MP issues or what ?
What is there to be fixed ?
I did a lot of races in career mode on both of them, without any problems...

AOD_Danneskjold
26-01-2016, 15:47
Don't know what's broken in Hockenheim classic.
Please be more precise.

Our group had a 45 laps LMP1 race last sunday ( patch 8 )
Real weather. Cold and misty. Night. 2 pit stops.
No problems :cool:

Talking about MP issues or what ?
What is there to be fixed ?
I did a lot of races in career mode on both of them, without any problems...

Half the people on the grid in MP would get stuck in the pits and their game would crash. And this happened every time.

satco1066
26-01-2016, 16:14
Half the people on the grid in MP would get stuck in the pits and their game would crash. And this happened every time.

Ok, thats bad.
But really, we had no problem.

And the best: Although one driver left race and one driver returned to box as spectator for streaming, we got a full working replay.
That was pure luck. One day before it didn't work.

justonce68
26-01-2016, 16:19
Thanks guys.....all appears good. League races tonight should really test it. TBH its been pretty good for me from the start, but then I have bigger things to bitch about than a game, I have had over 300 enjoyable hours play out of.
Nuff said

Fanapryde
26-01-2016, 16:27
OK, bad luck...
Thought it was going to be in MP.
I hope they can sort this out.

AOD_Danneskjold
26-01-2016, 19:33
Silverstone Classic is still broken. Testing Hockenheim Classic.

satco1066
27-01-2016, 23:59
Ok, thats bad.
But really, we had no problem.

And the best: Although one driver left race and one driver returned to box as spectator for streaming, we got a full working replay.
That was pure luck. One day before it didn't work.

Update:

Now that i've gone to start video editing i investigated the bug in replay.
As i mentioned before, it was a night race.
At first it seemed to be totally ok, then i realised, that only two cars drove with headlights on.
All other cars fly through darkness with only position lights on. Darkness all around. There are long straights in Hockenheim Classic without light.
Interesting bug.

artao
01-02-2016, 17:27
Noticing the version has gone up to v8.1 .. It was brought up in a thread in Technical Support early this morning.
Was this done along with the DLC release on Friday? ... I personally hadn't looked at the version number until I saw that thread today.
Either way, any chance of patch notes? :)

Mahjik
01-02-2016, 17:57
It's just to unlock the Free Car.

artao
01-02-2016, 18:00
It's just to unlock the Free Car.

Thank you :)

luti1976
08-02-2016, 22:26
I'm serious problems with the replay when it will be resolved, I can not make a league with this problem

Silraed
09-02-2016, 02:28
I'm serious problems with the replay when it will be resolved, I can not make a league with this problem

There is more than one possible problem with the replays that you could be talking about, you have to be specific and provide info if you want any hope of something getting fixed or looked at. There is also no need to post the same thing in three different threads in different sections.

luti1976
09-02-2016, 12:30
the replay has problem of stalled cars on the grid, cars that do not appear on the grid and change position of pilots

NutsMammoth
09-02-2016, 13:14
"...if you want any hope of something getting fixed...".

Well, I suppose he's (luti1976) talking about the whole multiplayer replay issue thing.

For example (see the date... 9 months already):
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22988-KNOWN-ISSUE-PC-Multiplayer-Replay-Cars-missing
and
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23385-Replays-for-Online-Races
etc...

There are tons of examples about the multiplayer replay issues.
And it seems that these issues cannot be fixed in PCars 1, maybe too deep in the code.
So hope... well, this hope seems to be called PCars 2.

Mceada38
09-02-2016, 16:08
The update 8.0 is released on Steam?
In steam only see the update 7.0

NutsMammoth
09-02-2016, 16:46
Games are automatically updated on Steam.
Run the game and check the version number at the bottom left.

deadly
10-02-2016, 15:16
patch 8, 9 months after release:

- still no pit crew (except in video at start)
- ai still drive like on rails when it gets wet, while it immediately feels like driving on ice for human player (no sense in doing races with changing weather conditions)
- ai change tyres BEFORE wheater changes
-ai still cut corners like madmen

:(

77_HAN
11-02-2016, 08:26

- ai still drive like on rails when it gets wet, while it immediately feels like driving on ice for human player (no sense in doing races with changing weather conditions)

I don`t think that pitcrews and better AI will come to pcars1. Thats ok, there are more important things to fix in the game.

Madmazz116
11-02-2016, 09:13

1. That doesnt bother me
2. Agreed, Ai doesnt drive like human players have to in the rain
3. Sort of, While the majority of Ai do pit before the weather changes I have seen some Ai carry on for at least another lap, but your right for the most part this is true.
4. Yes they do, I dont mind that though as it sort of gives a human element to the driver but at the same time they never suffer any penalty for doing so. The problem I think is the Ai are programmed to avoid contact AT ALL COSTS ( i could be wrong) so the ai does whatever it can to do that which results in the ai cutting corners etc. If gives up its position far too easy, a slight knock and it moves out of the way or runs off the track.

macto
11-02-2016, 11:11
The problem I think is the Ai are programmed to avoid contact AT ALL COSTS

True, except for when you overtake the ai and they side ram you, or suddenly change position as you're approaching fast meaning it's impossible to brake in time.

Silraed
16-02-2016, 09:24
Anybody has any thoughts on why this Project Cars Update 8.0 doesn't show up on Steam? So far update 2 to 7 have been automatically installed without problems. Steam doesn't have access to update 8.0? Do I have a technical problem or is there some financial issue between Steam and the makers of Project Cars that doesn't make the update 8.0 available to Steam users?

If you can play the game, you are up to date. The store page simply hasn't been updated is all.

Bealdor
16-02-2016, 09:25
Erm... we're already on patch 9.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44918-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-9-0-Release-Notes) and I've not heard of such an issue before.
Did you check the file version of your pcars.exe/pcars64.exe?

NikonLumix
30-05-2016, 18:22
Cheers for this info, just started playing this and really like it

Siberian Tiger
30-05-2016, 19:14
Well, Patch 8.0 isn't the newest :) Check out this Thread for the latest PC Patch:
PC Patch 11.0 Release (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47082-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-11-0-Release-Notes-HTC-Vive-support-is-here)