PDA

View Full Version : Make a wish - Project CARS 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

hkraft300
07-03-2017, 02:43
^ Fingers crossed we get the ACO spec engine and the imsa power plants if they get licensed.

gp20
07-03-2017, 07:01
I doubt a custom racing number will always be possible though. If it's just a black-on-white racing number on the foreseen stickers on the car then yes please! But there are some liveries where the racing number is part of the livery art (like in NASCAR for example) so it will be hard to do it there if they want to keep the livery authentic.

Easy to do when stickers available:
https://i1.wp.com/pursuingwo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/20160114-Bentley-Continental-GT3-livery-2016-1920-x-670.jpg?fit=1920%2C670

Impossible to do without messing up the livery or font:
http://www.carcrushing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2-Kevin-Harvick-Jimmy-Johns.jpg

For road cars (production series models) I also hope there will never be racing numbers as that would take away from the immersion. As long as there are enough manufacturer colors to choose from it should be easy enough to fill a race with unique model/color combinations. Besides I don't think eSports uses the production series models that much, if even at all, they should stick to the race cars. :)
I would like to see driver's name on the car.

Scuderia Paul
07-03-2017, 07:16
Nissan is getting plenty of love with several classic racing cars coming to PCars2, so hopefully Toyota gets the same attention.
They have a great portfolio of classic race cars that are constantly overlooked in games. We will get the TS020 GT-one but I would love to see the screaming TS010.

gp20
07-03-2017, 18:27
This one :

http://sf1.viepratique.fr/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2017/02/alpine-a110-home.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu55De8kp00

seb02
08-03-2017, 17:47
i would like to see the mclaren 570s GT4 in PC2.

jimmyb_84
09-03-2017, 08:39
Sorry if this has been mentioned, but i'd love to see the windowscreen being cleaned when you put, obviously this only applies to certain classes. I have the image of the window screen getting dirty at Le Mans and when i put a man jumps on the nose of my LMP and cleans the muck off!!

That would be ace!

gp20
09-03-2017, 09:01
Pcars 2 available in june. :D

MillsLayne
10-03-2017, 01:38
pC2 to be NOT entirely focused on the GT3 class in multiplayer lobbies.

galaxyjack
10-03-2017, 22:03
Now that we have seen Jaguar F-Type SVR:

Jaguar XKR-S GT

Jaguar D-Type

Jaguar XKSS

Jaguar XJR-9

Jaguar XJ220 S TWR

Jaguar G3

breyzipp
11-03-2017, 01:24
You missed the best one of them all. :)

XJ13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FoExi1yxI

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Jaguar-XJ13-Goodwood-13-03-1024.jpg

Mowzer
12-03-2017, 20:03
Alfa Romeo road and race cars :cool:.

rosko
12-03-2017, 20:47
You missed the best one of them all. :)

XJ13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FoExi1yxI

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Jaguar-XJ13-Goodwood-13-03-1024.jpg

yeah i'm more interested in the older jags personally. Especially the xj13.

Mowzer
15-03-2017, 10:22
Jaguar E type lightweight.

hkraft300
15-03-2017, 14:52
Jussi's suspension calculator integrated into the suspension tuning section :D

Rambo_Commando
15-03-2017, 20:54
Just saw the Formula hybrid 2017 car for Assetto Corsa. Not bad...hopefully something similar as the new FA.

Mowzer
16-03-2017, 04:17
Livery ediitor

Krinfall
16-03-2017, 22:27
I would love for people to be able to upload their own custom liveries to a community database, and beind able to use these online. This would be a nice addition that would make Leagues more inviting for teams, as they could use their own liveries.

FS7
17-03-2017, 13:19
I would love for people to be able to upload their own custom liveries to a community database, and beind able to use these online. This would be a nice addition that would make Leagues more inviting for teams, as they could use their own liveries.
SMS could use Steam workshop.

F1_Racer68
18-03-2017, 23:16
A little late to the party, but I do want to add a few comments.

1.) RWD and Marek - I LOVE these cars!!! They are true PROTOTYPES in every sense of the word. Privateer Prototypes..... what more could we ask for?
2.) Those asking for things like "flash Back" or driving the tracks in reverse.... this is a SIM, not an arcade game. The more Forza and GT style features get added in, the more ammunition it feeds to the AC lovers/pCARS haters to call it a "simcade" or arcade game. No thanks.... pass.....

Aside from that, my main wish is for more non-U.S North American circuits (my subtle way of saying let's have some CANADIAN tracks please). :D

Mowzer
19-03-2017, 16:50
Some more retro group A cars like BMW M6 , Volvo 240 Turbo, Rover SD1 V8 and Jaguar XJS

Roger Prynne
19-03-2017, 22:28
My wish for Project Cars 2 is that everyone that buys it, loves the hell out of it, and appreciates all the hard work that has gone into it.

But that's never going to happen.

rosko
20-03-2017, 00:18
If it has good FFb & handling, that's really what it comes down to. But i will appreciate the effort even if it doesn't turn out well.

Dangerpaws
20-03-2017, 01:05
Just got Project Cars (PS4) and it's awesome!
My favorite are the vintage cars.

Would love to see a lot more vintage cars/tracks in PC2.
Vintage Formula 1 & IndyCars, please. Some Can-Am cars would be cool too (McLaren, Shadow, etc...)!
Lemans Porsche 917 in orange & light blue Gulf livery would be the best.

Thanks for listening...

LukeC
20-03-2017, 03:11
Just got Project Cars (PS4) and it's awesome!
My favorite are the vintage cars.

Would love to see a lot more vintage cars/tracks in PC2.
Vintage Formula 1 & IndyCars, please. Some Can-Am cars would be cool too (McLaren, Shadow, etc...)!
Lemans Porsche 917 in orange & light blue Gulf livery would be the best.

Thanks for listening...

I would love to see some late eighties and early to mid nineties indycars. I love that era, especially the look and sound of those cars. Indycar racing by papyrus was an obsession for me, so to have those cars in pcars 2 would be a dream come true.

Mowzer
20-03-2017, 10:31
Porsche 917k and 911 2.8 RSR

FS7
20-03-2017, 20:36
My wish for Project Cars 2 is that everyone that buys it loves the hell out of it and appreciates all the hard work that has gone into it.

But that's never going to happen.
That's an impossible request, however I do think it's possible for people to love the game & appreciate the hard work that went into it as well as post questions & complaints about things they don't like in an constructive manner that helps developers improve the game.

Konan
20-03-2017, 20:45
That's an impossible request, however I do think it's possible for people to love the game & appreciate the hard work that went into it as well as post questions & complaints about things they don't like in an constructive manner that helps developers improve the game.

In what fantasyland did you wake up today?
LOL

hkraft300
20-03-2017, 21:11
In what fantasyland did you wake up today?
LOL

It's an impossible request. Some people will buy it out of curiosity, but sim racing won't be their thing.
Some forum keyboard warriors like myself will jump on here day 1 for a whinge :D

Konan
20-03-2017, 21:25
I wouldn't expect any less...:p

F1_Racer68
21-03-2017, 00:15

In my experience with pCARS1, this bolded part is the impossible pipe dream portion..... sadly.....

But we go on wishing and hoping.....

LukeC
21-03-2017, 06:11
In my experience with pCARS1, this bolded part is the impossible pipe dream portion..... sadly.....

But we go on wishing and hoping.....

I don't think it will matter all that much. At the end of the day SMS are not idiots, and they will know if they got it right or not.

And really, Pcars 1 was almost there, so I'm very optimistic about the sequel.

What I absolutely do not want to happen is for them to abandon Pcars 2 in favour of yet another sequel. Instead, I hope they keep expanding it for years and years.

Konan
21-03-2017, 06:42
I don't think it will matter all that much. At the end of the day SMS are not idiots, and they will know if they got it right or not.

Believe me...some people will certainly "communicate" their opinions regardless...

hkraft300
21-03-2017, 08:26
What I absolutely do not want to happen is for them to abandon Pcars 2 in favour of yet another sequel. Instead, I hope they keep expanding it for years and years.

Reckon SMS has grown at a rate where they can support pc2 and get working on pc3. There's only so much milking DLC and patches on one title. Anyway DLC aren't profitable at the reasonable costs that SMS sells them (which I hope continues, and not the extortion prices of some competing titles).
That said, I wonder how much capacity is left in the current consoles for pc3 to be as big a step. If it was up to me I'd wait a little for the next gen consoles and PC hardware, but there's no end to R&D.

SlowBloke
21-03-2017, 08:44

Disagree. Look at all the new features being implemented by going to a new base game !

If they do what AC/RR etc... do then we get more cars.. more tracks.. more cars... a tiny incremental bit of functionality etc...

SMS have shown by going for a new platform they add sooo much more to it.

Id rather have the next gen every 2-3 years than a tiny update where 5 years down the road its dated and bloated.

Plus ofcourse for SMS the real $$$ comes from a new game and more $$$ means more investment, better quality, more innovation etc...

LukeC
21-03-2017, 08:54
Disagree. Look at all the new features being implemented by going to a new base game !

If they do what AC/RR etc... do then we get more cars.. more tracks.. more cars... a tiny incremental bit of functionality etc...

SMS have shown by going for a new platform they add sooo much more to it.

Id rather have the next gen every 2-3 years than a tiny update where 5 years down the road its dated and bloated.

Plus ofcourse for SMS the real $$$ comes from a new game and more $$$ means more investment, better quality, more innovation etc...

But surely they will be reaching saturation point with Pcars 2. Dynamic track, weather, different surfaces etc. If they decide to go for another sequel, it will be with the aim of massive improvements on all of those, plus a lot of new features, and that will take increasingly longer to achieve.

If they focus on Pcars 2 for 3-4 years they can add a massive amount of content that will keep it fresh and interesting.

Besides, there isn't actually that much more that they can do on the current consoles. With next gen, and the performance leap that it offers, yes, but not on the Xbox and ps 4.

SlowBloke
21-03-2017, 09:06
Im sure they can dream up some other improvements for PC3.

There is only so much they want to do to change the core code.

Only iRacing really update stuff significantly but its a slow journey and still the core aspect is old. The only reason they are able to do that is because they charge an arm and a leg for new content plus the subscription model.

I know Raceroom has seen a lot of improvements but none of it is really a major change in functionality. AC is the best comparison because its the same commercial model as Project Cars. All they bring out is cars and an odd track here and there. Sure there are refinements but for that support for years to work for me they would already havew had to introduce dynamic weather / dynamic day/night etc.. etc..

The shackles are off for PC2 development because they dont need to worry about breaking stuff / introducing more bugs with what people have now.

In the end both approaches seem to have merit with different pros and cons for each - I just know the reasons for supporting for a year and then moving on are fine by me :)

LukeC
21-03-2017, 09:13
Im sure they can dream up some other improvements for PC3.

There is only so much they want to do to change the core code. Only iRacing really update stuff significantly but its a slow journey and still the core aspect is old.

The shackles are off for PC2 development because they dont need to worry about breaking stuff / introducing more bugs with what people have now.

In the end both approaches seem to have merit with different pros and cons for each - I just know the reasons for supporting for a year and then moving on are fine by me :)

Indeed, both approaches have their pros and cons. However, you have hardware limitations to contend with, and given that next gen is still 3-5 years away, it would seem to me that getting Pcars 2 right and then expanding and finessing it until next gen allows for another massive leap would be the most sensible approach.

SlowBloke
21-03-2017, 09:33
without taking commercials into considerations or PCs I agree. With those though its a mixed bag.

Cheesenium
21-03-2017, 11:17

I rather they move on with a new project as the stuff they axed early on in pcars 2 and pcars 1 do need a proper sequel level of man power to implement. Not something you can patch in or a DLC. Also, I rather see sequel level of improvements than slow dripped feed level of improvements that some games like AC and R3E had to go through. R3E teased multiclass in 2015 yet till now, there is absolutely no sign of it despite it is 2017 now. I am still waiting for the day that I can race a 190E with a R32 in R3E for 2 years where I rather get a full sequel than endlessly waiting for it.

You just can't get enough people to support the game as fast as you can than making a sequel. With sequels, you can take much bigger risk with more significant features than slow upgrades to the game. Not to mention, you have a better shot in fixing core issues with the game such as game keeps breaking with patches in pcars 1 or AI cut tracks. The amount of upgrades that I can see in Pcars 2, I am glad that they went with a sequel as there is no way you can sell DLCs of major manufacturers at low price when DLC attachment in most games are low.

hkraft300
21-03-2017, 14:33
Project Classic Cars speculation: begin!

F1_Racer68
21-03-2017, 14:58
"Project CARS: GT Legends" ???? :D

EDIT: Or..... "Project CARS: GT Legends Redux"

Dangerpaws
22-03-2017, 00:51
"Project CARS: GT Legends" ???? :D

EDIT: Or..... "Project CARS: GT Legends Redux"

Yes!!!! x1000!

Dangerpaws
22-03-2017, 00:54
I can't find a way to save my favorite livery on a car in PC1.
I always need to go back a re-select my favorite paint scheme.

Hopefully you'll be able to do this in PC2.....please!

poirqc
27-03-2017, 01:08
I don't know if canned FFB effects(White line in the telemetry) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25508-Telemetry-white-FFB-line&p=936203&viewfull=1#post936203) are still hidden in the game, but i hope the bug of showing up randomly is gone.

I could write a more detailed post but basically, whenever you join an online race, where you never saved a custom garage setup, i can show up. If the car already have a save garage setup before loading the track, it won't show up.

A way of making it happend is to load a track where no garage setup is aleady saved for a given car. When the track is loaded, make changes in the garage and run them on track until it happends. When taking a turn and scrubing the tires it'll eventually show up.

thanks,

F1_Racer68
27-03-2017, 02:33
I don't know if canned FFB effects(White line in the telemetry) (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25508-Telemetry-white-FFB-line&p=936203&viewfull=1#post936203) are still hidden in the game, but i hope the bug of showing up randomly is gone.

I could write a more detailed post but basically, whenever you join an online race, where you never saved a custom garage setup, i can show up. If the car already have a save garage setup before loading the track, it won't show up.

A way of making it happend is to load a track where no garage setup is aleady saved for a given car. When the track is loaded, make changes in the garage and run them on track until it happends. When taking a turn and scrubing the tires it'll eventually show up.

thanks,

It still shows up from time to time even if you have a previously saved setup. My league members spend days, even weeks fine tuning our cars for each race and we see the bug regularly, so that rules out the saved/unsaved setup theory.

Not sure what exactly triggers it, but it is quite frustrating for those who get it. 90% of the time it does go away after the first pitstop so most just suffer through it for 15 - 20 laps.

seb02
27-03-2017, 09:52
For the career mode, I would like to see a championship type 24h series that mix GT and Touring car. The 2017 calendar is as follows: Dubai, Mugello, Red Bull Ring, Paul Ricard, Imola, Portimao and COTA. That would be a nice addition I find.
Moreover, a championship type Nascar would be nice, in my opinion. With Daytona (Day Race and Night Race), Indianapolis, Texas (Day Race and Night Race), Sonoma and Watkins Glen, it's possible. A short track like Bristol would be great.

GUTTER-BOY
27-03-2017, 20:39
My "wish list" for PCARS 2:

1. Old Group A. The MB, BMW, Ford Sierra were in PCARS 1, just add the Alfa 155, Opel, and Audi so we can run a full classic series.

2. Modern DTM. MB was in PCARS 1, just add BMW and Audi.

3. Can-Am. McLaren, Porsche 917, Chaparral, & Lola.

4. Group 5. PCARS 1 had the BMW 320 Turbo and Ford Zakspeed, just add the Greenwood Corvette, Porsche 935 and Lancia Stratos.

5. IMSA GTP (long running series, so focus on 1988-1991 timeframe). Porsche 962, Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo, AAR Eagle-Toyota MK III, Jaguar XJR-9.

6. IMSA GTO/GTU. PCARS 1 has the Audi 90 GTO, add Nissan 300 ZX-T, Mazda RX7, Roush V8 Mustang, and AAR-Toyota Celica.

7. Modern version of the Australian Touring Car Masters class (late-1960s to early-1970s classic muscle cars with modern engines and suspensions).

Tracks: Long Beach, Daytona road course, MOSPORT, Phillip Island, Sebring, Indy, and any other combined fast and challenging road/oval courses.

F1_Racer68
27-03-2017, 20:43

1. Old Group A. The MB, BMW, Ford Sierra were in PCARS 1, just add the Alfa 155, Opel, and Audi so we can run a full classic series.

2. Modern DTM. MB was in PCARS 1, just add BMW and Audi.

4. Group 5. PCARS 1 had the BMW 320 Turbo and Ford Zakspeed, just add the Greenwood Corvette, Porsche 935 and Lancia Stratos.

5. IMSA GTP (long running series, so focus on 1988-1991 timeframe). Porsche 962, Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo, AAR Eagle-Toyota MK III, Jaguar XJR-9.

6. IMSA GTO/GTU. PCARS 1 has the Audi 90 GTO, add Nissan 300 ZX-T, Mazda RX7, Roush V8 Mustang, and AAR-Toyota Celica.

7. Modern version of the Australian Touring Car Masters class (late-1960s to early-1970s classic muscle cars with modern engines and suspensions).

Tracks: Long Beach, Daytona road course, MOSPORT, Phillip Island, Sebring, Indy, and any other combined fast and challenging road/oval courses. I LOVE this list!!! Good thing is that it looks like we are getting at least half of what is listed, so maybe by pCARS3 we will have the full list. Of course I REALLY like the inclusion of MOSPORT on your list ;) It's still my top, #1 wishlist request.

GUTTER-BOY
27-03-2017, 21:02
I LOVE this list!!! Good thing is that it looks like we are getting at least half of what is listed, so maybe by pCARS3 we will have the full list. Of course I REALLY like the inclusion of MOSPORT on your list ;) It's still my top, #1 wishlist request.

Turn 2 at MOSPORT. 'Nuff said! LOL.

F1_Racer68
27-03-2017, 21:08
Turn 2 at MOSPORT. 'Nuff said! LOL.
Yup. Although since they paved the run off area on the outside of it, it's a "bit" less intimidating. Still one heck of a scary corner, but your "parts" don't need to be quite as big anymore to take it fast. But overall, they have done a great job to make the track safer, up to date, and still keep it's classic character.

Dangerpaws
28-03-2017, 18:16

Yes, Can-Am +100! Also add the Shadow Team.

Dangerpaws
28-03-2017, 18:21
I would LOVE to see Adjustable Driving View.
Being able to move the camera around and select any view/angle/perspective to drive in would be super cool.

I think F1 2016 has this feature now, and I am surprised more driving games don't have this option already.

hkraft300
28-03-2017, 22:14
On ps4 there are different views and seat adjustments in cockpit view.
On PC there's a "CTRL+K" camera adjust, not sure if the same works on ps4.

Dangerpaws
28-03-2017, 23:33

Yep....thanks. I was thinking of something like this, but also being able to move around the whole car if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23UI8Zyf6c

All of the many standard views in Project Cars are great, but if there was 1 more option that allowed you to set your own custom view, that would be super cool!
On open-wheel cars I would choose off to the left side similar to the T-bar view in F1.

Roger Prynne
29-03-2017, 11:11

With a keypad I think it will.

Rambo_Commando
01-04-2017, 04:07
On the topic of driving view, I wish Pcars2 gives you the ability to reset the cockpit view to default factory settings. In Pcars1, after you adjusted the view, if for whatever reason you messed up and wanted to start fresh, there was no option to reset it. At least on PS4.

Mowzer
01-04-2017, 11:33
On the topic of driving view, I wish Pcars2 gives you the ability to reset the cockpit view to default factory settings. In Pcars1, after you adjusted the view, if for whatever reason you messed up and wanted to start fresh, there was no option to reset it. At least on PS4.

Im pretty sure the Xbox version is the same mate took me ages to get it back to original setting after messing around with the field of view :).

Fanapryde
01-04-2017, 15:04
Im pretty sure the Xbox version is the same mate took me ages to get it back to original setting after messing around with the field of view :).
You could take notes, or take a pic of the settings before starting messing with them...:)

poirqc
01-04-2017, 15:28
I know it's 2017 and all. Google is your friend, but...

Better mechanics information and/or video build in the game.

I just had a blast driving the GTO Audi Quattro for the first time.

Since that car got released, i never liked it. The default setup wasn't suiting my driving style(Can't toe/heel, right ankle messed since a ski accident 10 years ago). Recently, i got my head around some mechanical principle and i was able to tune to car to my driving style.

I understand teaching mechanics isn't an easy thing to do, but a crash course or a primer might help people approache something else than GT3 cars!

Thanks,

Mowzer
01-04-2017, 16:37
You could take notes, or take a pic of the settings before starting messing with them...:)

Now thats a good idea wish i had thought of that :).

RacingAtHome
01-04-2017, 23:33
Times like these I wish some game had a series license with some open wheel series as a tweet told me they were having discussions between them.
This tweet: https://twitter.com/tghalls/status/808759671129571328

VelvetTorpedo
03-04-2017, 14:47
I hope the brakes and tires (if not changed or anything) stay warmed up when leaving the garage after making setup adjustments.

Roger Prynne
03-04-2017, 20:57
^ Not very realistic though.

Fanapryde
03-04-2017, 21:02
^Agree, simulation wise, the cooling of brakes and tires is realistic.

RacingAtHome
03-04-2017, 21:47
I wish for the ability to chose tyre warmer implementation.

hkraft300
03-04-2017, 22:32
I wish for the ability to chose tyre warmer implementation.

Only in free practice and be located in the last pit box, not the first one :)

FS7
04-04-2017, 00:25
^ Not very realistic though.
We could say the same about some of the driving aids in the game, as well as the option to accelerate or turn off tyre wear & fuel consumption.
If it's ok to have driving aids & option to adjust fuel/tyre wear then it should be ok to have the option to enable tyre blankets for any car we want. That in addition to improved controller default setup should make the game more approachable to casuals imo.

F1_Racer68
04-04-2017, 03:35
I have to wonder about the brake cooling during pit stops. I personally question if they really cool off as quickly as the seem to in game.

GT3s are required to use traditional "cast iron" brakes. By that I mean they are NOT high end carbon ceramic discs. They are much closer to traditional street car brakes. I know for a fact that mine do not cool off to 32C in the time it takes me to pump the gas at the local self-serve station. Therefore I find it hard to believe that the GT3 ones cool that quickly during a tire and fuel stop after I had them at 1200C on track on the in lap.

Fully agree with the tire temps though. ;)

Sankyo
04-04-2017, 07:28
I have to wonder about the brake cooling during pit stops. I personally question if they really cool off as quickly as the seem to in game.

GT3s are required to use traditional "cast iron" brakes. By that I mean they are NOT high end carbon ceramic discs. They are much closer to traditional street car brakes. I know for a fact that mine do not cool off to 32C in the time it takes me to pump the gas at the local self-serve station. Therefore I find it hard to believe that the GT3 ones cool that quickly during a tire and fuel stop after I had them at 1200C on track on the in lap.

Fully agree with the tire temps though. ;)

Are you sure you don't have brake repair during pitstops enabled?

Silraed
04-04-2017, 08:42
I find myself leaning more towards being against tyre warmers for any class as an option. Cold tyres is part of the character of some of the cars to me, especially online, and if you add the option to run them with tyre warmers you will never see them driven without them.

RacingAtHome
04-04-2017, 09:50
I find myself leaning more towards being against tyre warmers for any class as an option. Cold tyres is part of the character of some of the cars to me, especially online, and if you add the option to run them with tyre warmers you will never see them driven without them.

How do you know? In game now, you have tyre warmers for in the race anyway. Plus, it's an option. If people choose to use them, then the option has succeeded because people are able to. Plus, you still have tyre warmers for pitting during the race anyway. Just look at IndyCar.

Silraed
04-04-2017, 10:31
How do you know? In game now, you have tyre warmers for in the race anyway. Plus, it's an option. If people choose to use them, then the option has succeeded because people are able to. Plus, you still have tyre warmers for pitting during the race anyway. Just look at IndyCar.

I'm not saying "Don't do it this is a sim!" I'm saying that is my opinion, I simply wouldn't use the option if it was included and lets be real people only really race GT3 online anyway so it is a non issue there.

F1_Racer68
04-04-2017, 10:48
Are you sure you don't have brake repair during pitstops enabled?

Possibly..... And probably. Thanks for that. Didn't consider it.

F1_Racer68
04-04-2017, 10:50

IndyCar does NOT have tire warmers. Not even the "ovens" that some series allow.

RacingAtHome
04-04-2017, 13:01
IndyCar does NOT have tire warmers. Not even the "ovens" that some series allow.

I know. I meant that when you leave the pits in Qualifying or Practice, you'd have cold tyres but when you pit in the race, you have warm tyres.

hkraft300
04-04-2017, 14:08
I say no to warmers during a race weekend.
How about only in fp mode?

FS7
04-04-2017, 15:19
Nobody is saying you have to be forced to play with tyre blankets on all the time. Having the option to set it to on/off/real for all cars means you can turn it off while I can turn it on, in the end we're both happy. The way I play my game offline won't affect how other people play their game.
I know that some classes don't have tyre blankets in real life but I find it really annoying how certain classes take 2-3 laps to warm up the tyres.

RacingAtHome
04-04-2017, 15:50
Nobody is saying you have to be forced to play with tyre blankets on all the time. Having the option to set it to on/off/real for all cars means you can turn it off while I can turn it on, in the end we're both happy. The way I play my game offline won't affect how other people play their game.
I know that some classes don't have tyre blankets in real life but I find it really annoying how certain classes take 2-3 laps to warm up the tyres.

Exactly this. I think games should allow for players to choose and this is an example of that. You're not forced into anything and you can choose for any class.

F1_Racer68
04-04-2017, 19:59
I know. I meant that when you leave the pits in Qualifying or Practice, you'd have cold tyres but when you pit in the race, you have warm tyres. But your new tires will be "cold", as in at ambient air temperature. Drivers will need to heat them on the track.

F1_Racer68
04-04-2017, 20:04

I tend to disagree, simply for the fact that this is a "sim". Many of the options being requested remove the "sim" factor by enabling unrealistic features. This is NOT Forza/GT/NFS. In fact, with everything I am seeing of pCARS2, it is trying VERY hard to be an iRacing "killer".

I understand that this might make it easier and more appealing to casual players, but it will make it more and more difficult to find realisitic online races outside of leagues for those of us who want a "proper" racing sim experience. Public lobbies are already so full of features and settigns that make it virtually impossible to find a room with "proper" racing. My concern is that adding more of these features and options will make the game more and more Forza/GT and less Project CARS.

I truly think Project CARS needs to stick to it's SIM target, ratehr than catering to the Forza/GT/NFS style games.

Mahjik
04-04-2017, 21:00
Guys (and gals), this is a "WISH" thread. People can wish whatever "they" would like to see. Doesn't mean "everyone" would like the same wish, but it's their wish.

FS7
04-04-2017, 21:25
I tend to disagree, simply for the fact that this is a "sim". Many of the options being requested remove the "sim" factor by enabling unrealistic features. This is NOT Forza/GT/NFS. In fact, with everything I am seeing of pCARS2, it is trying VERY hard to be an iRacing "killer".
So, it's ok to have stuff such as TC, SC, ABS, driving line, auto gears, chase cam, fuel/tyre wear off, controller support, but if SMS includes option to have tyre warmers in any car all of a sudden the game isn't a sim anymore? Sorry but I don't see the logic in there, the "sim excuse" doesn't make any sense in this situation.
Even with all the options available you can still play your game your way. The way other people play their game won't affect the way you play yours.

I understand that this might make it easier and more appealing to casual players, but it will make it more and more difficult to find realisitic online races outside of leagues for those of us who want a "proper" racing sim experience. Public lobbies are already so full of features and settigns that make it virtually impossible to find a room with "proper" racing.
If you want proper race online you can create your own lobby with your rules. Finding lobbies with the settings you like can be made easier by implementing filters.

hkraft300
04-04-2017, 22:08
Straw that broke the camel's back?
Agree pcars is looking to dethrone iracing more than GT/Forza.

vbowers
05-04-2017, 01:30
I have loved following Pirelli World Challenge GT (GT3) and GTS (GT4), as well as the European GT3 and GT4 Championships. Trying to add as many of the models competing in those series would be my #1 ask. I've found I actually enjoy the GT4 action as much, if not more, than the GT3. After driving the few GT4 cars available in Pcars, I hope more emphasis is put on getting some of those cars in the game. The Sin R1 GT4 has proven to be quite the GT4 surprise and I'd LOVE to see it show up in Pcars2.

Javaniceday
05-04-2017, 03:51
I just want 5+ cars per class, and all of them well balanced with one another.

Silraed
05-04-2017, 05:25
and all of them well balanced with one another.

That isn't always achievable if you are going for realism. I agree though I would honestly rather see fewer fleshed out classes than more series with only 1 or 2 cars (not including single make series of course, give me all of them).

Aile_Bleue
05-04-2017, 06:45
I would like more 70s, 80s, 90s cars than Project Cars 1, with Peugeot 406 Coupé V6, Peugeot 205 T16, Renault 21 2.0L Turbo, Laguna BTCC, Safrane V6 TwinTurbo (Original name of car is Safrane V6 BiTurbo), Ferrari F40... I dream see these car in game !

hkraft300
05-04-2017, 07:41
I have loved following Pirelli World Challenge GT (GT3) and GTS (GT4), as well as the European GT3 and GT4 Championships. Trying to add as many of the models competing in those series would be my #1 ask. I've found I actually enjoy the GT4 action as much, if not more, than the GT3. After driving the few GT4 cars available in Pcars, I hope more emphasis is put on getting some of those cars in the game. The Sin R1 GT4 has proven to be quite the GT4 surprise and I'd LOVE to see it show up in Pcars2.

We are in for a treat. KTM XBOW GT4 just been confirmed.
I prefer Gt4 over GT3 in the game, personally.
GT3 are diabolically fast but GT4 is just slow enough for my meagre skills :o

F1_Racer68
05-04-2017, 14:39
So, it's ok to have stuff such as TC, SC, ABS, driving line, auto gears, chase cam, fuel/tyre wear off, controller support, but if SMS includes option to have tyre warmers in any car all of a sudden the game isn't a sim anymore? Sorry but I don't see the logic in there, the "sim excuse" doesn't make any sense in this situation.
Even with all the options available you can still play your game your way. The way other people play their game won't affect the way you play yours.

If you want proper race online you can create your own lobby with your rules. Finding lobbies with the settings you like can be made easier by implementing filters.

Where in anything I posted did you see me state that I was OK with any of the other things? Simple answer is nowhere.

I don't like the availability of Driving line in Multiplayer at all. I do see it's benefits as a "Learning Tool" for someone who is picking up pCARS as their first racing game, but beyond that learning tool usage, I don't want it in the game either.

Traction Control, ABS, and Stability Control should also only be available on cars that actually have those features in real life. Yes, I only run in REAL mode. Period.

As to making my own room and my own rule set, already done. You might notice that I am the head of a league? That was my point. It's virtually impossible to find a room wihtout a ton of aids turned on and damage turned off, etc., etc. The only way to find that is to build or join a league.

@Mahjik - You are right, This is a wishlist thread. As such, my WISH is that Project CARS 2 be MORE realistic than pCARS1 and not LESS. I did not once say that others wishes were "wrong". I simply stated that "I disagree". Last time I checked, that was allowed under the Terms of Use.

Sorry if this post is a bit snarky, but I don't appreciate being called out by anyone simply because I disagree with someone else's post. This thread is about "Wishes" which by very definition are individual OPINIONS. By default, not everyone will agree.

If Project CARS 2 truly wants to compete against the biggest kid on the block for eSports/online multiplayer, then it needs to make itself a true competitor to iRacing. You can't be both iRacing and Forza/GT/NFS at the same time. Once again, to make sure everyone sees that I am on topic.... my WISH is that Project CARS 2 target it's true competitor at this point, which is iRacing. That alone will set it apart from the others on console, because NOTHING on consoles offers what iRacing does. As a result, Project CARS 2's market on consoles could be even BIGGER than it is now. And I say this as a PC user, having left consoles behind several years ago, simply because what I wanted wasn't available. Project CARS 2 is showing that IT CAN BE. Project CARS 1 already started that trend. Now take it to the next level.

OddTimer
05-04-2017, 15:05
I wish the AI is as good as RFactor2.

Mahjik
05-04-2017, 17:41
@Mahjik - You are right, This is a wishlist thread. As such, my WISH is that Project CARS 2 be MORE realistic than pCARS1 and not LESS. I did not once say that others wishes were "wrong". I simply stated that "I disagree". Last time I checked, that was allowed under the Terms of Use.

What I'm saying is specifically, DON'T post back directly at someone for not liking their "wish". I get it that you don't like specific "wishes", but people shouldn't feel like they have to defend their "wishes".

Rambo_Commando
05-04-2017, 18:38
dont know if this qualifies as a wish but I hope SMS fixes the size of the steering wheels in some of the open wheel cars. There's something about the formula A steering wheel that seems not proportional to the rest of the car in cockpit view.

Crispo77
06-04-2017, 07:29
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but it would be good to have some global car settings that save for all cars. I like to make the steering ratio much faster but it'd be good if i did it once. Also the bug that doesn't save it in game is also a pain in the arse

Dakpilot
06-04-2017, 08:30
With the new WRX featuring in PCars 2, for 2017 The FIA World Rally Cross Championship is coming to Capetown for the first time, It would e great to see the track at killarney featured

While they are at it the normal road race track would be not such a stretch to include as well, :cool: it is very historic, been around since 1947 and experienced some great races, as well as having Iconic scenery with Table mountain as the backdrop

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/9343/south-africa-to-host-world

Well it is a wishlist :) makes perfect sense to me, I'll even buy Mr Bell a beer when he visits to personally oversee scanning the track(s) and to say hi to Stephen

Cheers Dakpilot

jimmyb_84
07-04-2017, 15:31
Been thinking long and hard about my wish/s for Pcars 2. after a setup session the other night.

So what I really would of liked was the ability to choose the amount of wear for the tyres. for example I could run new tyres for 10 laps wear them a bit and instead of going back to the pits and being forced to change to a new tyre, I could either keep current tyres on, choose any other compound and if they are worn 25%, 50% etc....

I thought of something else but forgot.

Mowzer
08-04-2017, 10:32
Been thinking long and hard about my wish/s for Pcars 2. after a setup session the other night.

So what I really would of liked was the ability to choose the amount of wear for the tyres. for example I could run new tyres for 10 laps wear them a bit and instead of going back to the pits and being forced to change to a new tyre, I could either keep current tyres on, choose any other compound and if they are worn 25%, 50% etc....

I thought of something else but forgot.

Yeah it would be cool to be able to fit a set of ready part worn tyres from the start so you could be able to tune for a mid race scenario:).

Scuderia Paul
09-04-2017, 06:50
I wish to see AI that will handle the final hairpin at Long Beach better than the real drivers managed last night. Shouldn't be difficult!

Cholton82
09-04-2017, 07:56
I wish to see a review soon by someone who can actually drive and give us a good opinion on the tyre physics and handling ffb model , I can't stand watching the videos out there where it looks like my 4 year old is driving as it tells me nothing .

rosko
09-04-2017, 10:32
I wish to see a review soon by someone who can actually drive and give us a good opinion on the tyre physics and handling ffb model , I can't stand watching the videos out there where it looks like my 4 year old is driving as it tells me nothing .

I think there is going to be a long wait till we see a review but there are some opinions already out there by people who can actually drive. The odd comment in a forum here & there, problem is there is no grantee they are not biased. Personally i know i will only know when i play it but so far feedback on the tyre physics and handling ffb model has been positive. It seems though there is still some inconsistency & some cars need much more work. This should't be a surprise with so many cars & at least there doesn't seem to be a release date & they have time. My biggest concern is the FFB as the core of it seems the same as the first game just improved UI. I'm sort of holding my breath a bit on that & dreading it feeling the same as the first.

The Wookiee
09-04-2017, 18:03
I have a wish, but not about the handling, car list, tracks or anything. How possible would it be to have a PC based livery designer that you could upload designs to use in the Xbox game. Not that I've had a go at skinning on here (I play on Xbox rather than PC), but the liveries I've seen are mindblowing compared to Forza. How about a small design app (I wouldn't even want it for free, I would happily pay for it) that would have all the templates to use and edit in PS, Gimp or whatever, and the link them online to your in game account.

Roger Prynne
09-04-2017, 19:38
I think there is going to be a long wait till we see a review but there are some opinions already out there by people who can actually drive. The odd comment in a forum here & there, problem is there is no grantee they are not biased. Personally i know i will only know when i play it but so far feedback on the tyre physics and handling ffb model has been positive. It seems though there is still some inconsistency & some cars need much more work. This should't be a surprise with so many cars & at least there doesn't seem to be a release date & they have time. My biggest concern is the FFB as the core of it seems the same as the first game just improved UI. I'm sort of holding my breath a bit on that & dreading it feeling the same as the first.

The FFB code has been vastly improved as well as the UI.

FS7
09-04-2017, 23:22
I have a wish, but not about the handling, car list, tracks or anything. How possible would it be to have a PC based livery designer that you could upload designs to use in the Xbox game. Not that I've had a go at skinning on here (I play on Xbox rather than PC), but the liveries I've seen are mindblowing compared to Forza. How about a small design app (I wouldn't even want it for free, I would happily pay for it) that would have all the templates to use and edit in PS, Gimp or whatever, and the link them online to your in game account.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ
In PCars1 there's templates for custom liveries that you can paint using Photoshop or Gimp, and there's some very nice very talented people in the community who will gladly make custom liveries for free, afaik the thing needed for allowing PC made liveries on consoles is approval from Sony & MS.

hkraft300
09-04-2017, 23:44
The FFB code has been vastly improved as well as the UI.

Reckon the scanned tracks + LT3 shenanigans adds to the ffb being more alive/ accurate?
I'm really enjoying the ffb lately and yet to play with arm angles.
I wish the ffb was 100% suspension/steering geometry/linkage derived but that might on some cars feel really dead to some people especially without transducers.

The Wookiee
10-04-2017, 07:19
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21857-Vehicle-custom-liveries-How-to-FAQ
In PCars1 there's templates for custom liveries that you can paint using Photoshop or Gimp, and there's some very nice very talented people in the community who will gladly make custom liveries for free, afaik the thing needed for allowing PC made liveries on consoles is approval from Sony & MS.

I've spent an awful lot of time looking through all the livery threads! That's what got me thinking that it would be great for console users too (rather than the clunky system used by Forza), but obviously using a joypad would be a major drawback. Why not have a separate app on PC that you can transfer liveries across to your console?

Zpectre87
10-04-2017, 09:16
I've spent an awful lot of time looking through all the livery threads! That's what got me thinking that it would be great for console users too (rather than the clunky system used by Forza), but obviously using a joypad would be a major drawback. Why not have a separate app on PC that you can transfer liveries across to your console?

I think it'd be better to make such an app for the Xbox instead, but that would also require an official repository.

FS7
10-04-2017, 12:58
Imo there's no need for a separate PC app for liveries, SMS could work on a livery database where PC users could upload their creations, and make that livery database accessible through an in-game menu so that people can conveniently search and download custom liveries while in-game. From there it would be up to Sony & MS whether or not they want to allow custom liveries on their consoles.

Some UT3 mods on PS3 were kind of like that, people made mods on PC, uploaded to the UT3 database, and then could be downloaded directly to the PS3 using an in-game menu.

Mahjik
10-04-2017, 13:27

Have you seen the video of Rene Rast?

galaxyjack
10-04-2017, 18:39
My Porsche road cars wish list
-964 Turbo S
-GT3 RS and/or GT2 RS
-997 Speedster or 997 Sport Classic
-918 Spyder and/or Carrera GT
-Cayman GT4
-911 Turbo S

Cholton82
10-04-2017, 19:39
That's a fair point yes I have , I'd like to hear what he had to say about it .
I'm in anyway I could honestly say that I'd buy it based on Pcars 1 alone but it's those that haven't played it before that watch some of the videos where it looks like it's the first time they've tried a driving game that worries me.
Before PCars came out I used to love Yorkies videos , hopefully he does some this time round.

RU486
11-04-2017, 00:41
I wish for improved chat and pit crew sound/volume for the hearing impaired.

I have a mid level hearing loss, mid to low frequencies. I find it impossible to engage in online chat, or even pit crew requests. Its been a long time problem and something that stops me from participation online, been that way since FM2, most lobbies would kick someone that didn't have a mic on.

Ive tried many gaming headsets, currently still have a X41 Turtle beach H/set. Its not always the sheer volume but the mid frequency sounds in one voice that makes it impossible to understand speech.

Would be nice to have a feature that (with a extra sound card, maybe. non-tech here ) can send chat/ pit crew voice via a separate signal. Id be happy to use my headset for speech only and have ambient car/tyre/engine sounds running external speakers, a bit like wearing a helmet with a set a ear speaker plugs in I guess.

RU

hkraft300
11-04-2017, 01:21
There's an option on PS4 to send chat audio only through headphones. Also the pit radio you can turn on/off subtitles.
PC doesn't have that option?

RU486
11-04-2017, 02:42
There's an option on PS4 to send chat audio only through headphones. Also the pit radio you can turn on/off subtitles.
PC doesn't have that option?
Hi hkraft,
always found subtitles annoying, regardless if ingame or moves. but accept my misfortunes with hearing, pity there is no option with pc's

sounds like[excuse the pun] a good wish list thing for PCars2 then

RU

F1_Racer68
11-04-2017, 03:07
I wish for improved chat and pit crew sound/volume for the hearing impaired.

I have a mid level hearing loss, mid to low frequencies. I find it impossible to engage in online chat, or even pit crew requests. Its been a long time problem and something that stops me from participation online, been that way since FM2, most lobbies would kick someone that didn't have a mic on.

Ive tried many gaming headsets, currently still have a X41 Turtle beach H/set. Its not always the sheer volume but the mid frequency sounds in one voice that makes it impossible to understand speech.

Would be nice to have a feature that (with a extra sound card, maybe. non-tech here ) can send chat/ pit crew voice via a separate signal. Id be happy to use my headset for speech only and have ambient car/tyre/engine sounds running external speakers, a bit like wearing a helmet with a set a ear speaker plugs in I guess.

RU

You can most definitely do this on PC. It is exactly what I am doing for the exact reason you are. My game audio goes via HDMI to my monitors (TVs) and my chat audio (teamspeak) goes to my headset.

As for the in game engineer, I don't think that can be sent to a different output. I would definitely support that request as well.

RU486
11-04-2017, 03:19
You can most definitely do this on PC. It is exactly what I am doing for the exact reason you are. My game audio goes via HDMI to my monitors (TVs) and my chat audio (teamspeak) goes to my headset.

Ty for ur reply, I too r using my game audio via HMDI, and then onboard sound controlling the Buttkicker/simvibe. Id be more than happy to add a 2nd card for chat audio via headset. cool made my day.

Pm u if thats ok, to keep this thread on track

RU

The Wookiee
11-04-2017, 09:47
Imo there's no need for a separate PC app for liveries, SMS could work on a livery database where PC users could upload their creations, and make that livery database accessible through an in-game menu so that people can conveniently search and download custom liveries while in-game. From there it would be up to Sony & MS whether or not they want to allow custom liveries on their consoles.

Some UT3 mods on PS3 were kind of like that, people made mods on PC, uploaded to the UT3 database, and then could be downloaded directly to the PS3 using an in-game menu.

The point was more for the actual design of liveries though. Just a stripped down liveries app for PC so you didn't have to buy a PC copy of the full game, or rely on someone with a PC copy to create designs. I play on Xbox one, and I would love to design my own, but I don't want to buy a PC copy just for that side of things. I also love how it works at the moment (from the tutorials I've seen) and I just know that including it in the console version would mean serious compromises.

galaxyjack
11-04-2017, 19:09
Porsche race cars wish list:
-911 GT1
-962C
-935 K3
-550 Spyder
-959 rally variant
-GT3 RSR and GT3 Cup
-919 Hybrid
-RS Spyder
-GT4 Clubsport

Track only:
-918 RSR(just like Vulcan and P1 GTR)

FS7
11-04-2017, 21:32
The point was more for the actual design of liveries though. Just a stripped down liveries app for PC so you didn't have to buy a PC copy of the full game, or rely on someone with a PC copy to create designs. I play on Xbox one, and I would love to design my own, but I don't want to buy a PC copy just for that side of things. I also love how it works at the moment (from the tutorials I've seen) and I just know that including it in the console version would mean serious compromises.
Afaik you don't need to buy a copy of the PC version of PCars to create liveries, all you need are the templates which are available for download here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22224-PAINT-TEMPLATE-DOWNLOADS), and a program to work with .psd & .dds files (Gimp (https://www.gimp.org/) is free). The tools needed to create & share liveries are already available for free, it's up to Sony & MS whether or not they want to allow custom liveries in the console versions.

cxMilk
12-04-2017, 06:46
The tools needed to create & share liveries are already available for free, it's up to Sony & MS whether or not they want to allow custom liveries in the console versions.
The way I understand it, this is not the issue. I remember reading something about memory issues coming into play and I've been scouring various threads trying to find where in the world I read it. Was seriously starting to believe I dreamed up the whole issue. Check out this post (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-2-general-discussion-thread.342814/page-20#post-11703521) from GT Planet.

Essentially:

We created a pretty decent livery system for Shift but it comes with many downsides. You need to reduce the online car limits as the liveries come with a memory overhead. For pCARS we have massive fields on 24 hour tracks like Le Mans and for that reason we had to restrict livery work. It's a tough choice but I think it's the correct one.

Cholton82
12-04-2017, 08:07
Can we have the new Audi R8 GT4 please .

Olijke Poffer
12-04-2017, 12:30
I would like to see an option to use the clutch in cooperation with the shift flippers instead of only a separate shifter add-on.
I don't have a shifter add-on but would like to use the clutch nevertheless. Even when not pressing the clutch I can shift gears with the flippers. There should be an option to prevent shifting without using the clutch..

Mad Al
12-04-2017, 13:10
I would like to see an option to use the clutch in cooperation with the shift flippers instead of only a separate shifter add-on.
I don't have a shifter add-on but would like to use the clutch nevertheless. Even when not pressing the clutch I can shift gears with the flippers. There should be an option to prevent shifting without using the clutch..

Actually, not true.. depending on the car you can't shift without using the clutch, and what you use to shift makes no odds (try the 2002 BWM).. most sequential boxes you can shift without the clutch, but some you can't (try the Formula Gulf anf the Caterham R500). Also a lot of cars work without using the clutch if you manually lift or blip.

Just make sure you assign the clutch to a pedal or button and then turn off automatic clutch.

hkraft300
12-04-2017, 13:27
Just make sure you assign the clutch to a pedal or button and then turn off automatic clutch.

And set a button for engine start/ignition. :)

Mad Al
12-04-2017, 15:14
And set a button for engine start/ignition. :)

Or make sure auto start engine, is Yes...

Olijke Poffer
12-04-2017, 15:36
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I did not know there are racecars you can shift without using a clutch.
Will try this tonight. :very_drunk:

F1_Racer68
12-04-2017, 16:28
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I did not know there are racecars you can shift without using a clutch.
Will try this tonight. :very_drunk:

Almost all cars that have paddle shift/sequential transmissions in real life are "clutchless". Most of these cars have dual or triple clutch systems whereby the onboard computers engage and disengage the clutch without need of a clutch pedal/button. The most you might need is a Neutral button.

Olijke Poffer
12-04-2017, 17:34
Just tried it with the BMW 2002 and indeed works like a charm. Great... I love it. Thanks for the input guys.
Back on to the make a wish... :triumphant:

hkraft300
12-04-2017, 21:59
Almost all cars that have paddle shift/sequential transmissions in real life are "clutchless". Most of these cars have dual or triple clutch systems whereby the onboard computers engage and disengage the clutch without need of a clutch pedal/button. The most you might need is a Neutral button.

Road cars have dual clutch systems, VW/Audi/Porsche, BMW, McLaren, Nissan R35...
Race cars don't normally use dual clutch boxes (pretty sure McLaren GT3+4 cars have single clutch) to save weight. They'll have straight cut gears and cut the fuel or ignition between shifts and engage the next gear without using the clutch. Can be done on any stick shift car if you rev match. With paddle shift cars the ecu controls it all. They all still have a clutch to keep the gearbox connected to the motor.
High power cars can also have multi-plate single clutch systems (Koenignsegg, Pagani, race cars) to reduce weight and rotating inertia (I forget the correct term).

F1_Racer68
13-04-2017, 02:55
Road cars have dual clutch systems, VW/Audi/Porsche, BMW, McLaren, Nissan R35...
Race cars don't normally use dual clutch boxes (pretty sure McLaren GT3+4 cars have single clutch) to save weight. They'll have straight cut gears and cut the fuel or ignition between shifts and engage the next gear without using the clutch. Can be done on any stick shift car if you rev match. With paddle shift cars the ecu controls it all. They all still have a clutch to keep the gearbox connected to the motor.
High power cars can also have multi-plate single clutch systems (Koenignsegg, Pagani, race cars) to reduce weight and rotating inertia (I forget the correct term).

Yeah, correct on the straight cut gears for race cars.

As to the "no clutch" comment, I was specifically refering to the pedal. Of course they still have a clutch in the gearbox. ;) I just meant it's not driver controlled

hkraft300
13-04-2017, 06:45
^ I was just being nerdy :)

Just tried it with the BMW 2002 and indeed works like a charm. Great... I love it. Thanks for the input guys.
Back on to the make a wish... :triumphant:

Try the Group A Mercedes 190 and BMW M3.
You'll need the clutch to take off and shift to 2nd but then flat shift for the other gears ;)
Compression lock drifts all day.

Olijke Poffer
13-04-2017, 10:28
Is it correct that in some cars you need to use the clutch for shifting up but no need to press the clutch when shifting down?

cluck
13-04-2017, 12:17
Is it correct that in some cars you need to use the clutch for shifting up but no need to press the clutch when shifting down?yes and no :D. You don't actually have to use the clutch to shift up, you just lift your foot off the pedal. For changing down a gear, however, there is no need (although I've not tried changing down a gear whilst accelerating - I'm always on the brakes when shifting down) :)

Olijke Poffer
13-04-2017, 17:00
yes and no :D. You don't actually have to use the clutch to shift up, you just lift your foot off the pedal. For changing down a gear, however, there is no need (although I've not tried changing down a gear whilst accelerating - I'm always on the brakes when shifting down) :)
I don't understand this. ;)
Normally you press the clutch down to be able to shift the gear up or down. (At least in our VW car) but as said, in a formula rookie, for example, I can not shift up when I don't press down the clutch pedal. Shifting a gear down on the other hand can be done without pressing down the clutch pedal..
perhaps I don't understand how shifting works at all. ROFL

Olijke Poffer
13-04-2017, 18:01
Another thing I would love to see in Pcars is the spotter info as seen in AC. See vid at 1:11:20. Just in the bottom centre of the screen..

https://youtu.be/rBli5A-OgLk

brownninja97
13-04-2017, 19:20
Another thing I would love to see in Pcars is the spotter info as seen in AC. See vid at 1:11:20. Just in the bottom centre of the screen..

Thats helicorsa its a mod, while just about everyone uses it including the devs they dont really want to make it official because it has a crazy amount of cpu usage. That being said it would be a great addition to add to both games especially since a lot of drivers are starting to need it.

Olijke Poffer
13-04-2017, 20:17
Ah heavy on cpu is not what a devoloper need indeed.. to bad...

hkraft300
13-04-2017, 22:55
I don't understand this. ;)
Normally you press the clutch down to be able to shift the gear up or down. (At least in our VW car) but as said, in a formula rookie, for example, I can not shift up when I don't press down the clutch pedal. Shifting a gear down on the other hand can be done without pressing down the clutch pedal..
perhaps I don't understand how shifting works at all. ROFL

May be the same for the V8SC, but that's because you're shifting with the paddles, no? With the h-shift you can go to neutral then the next gear of your choice.
In a regular h-shift manual car (also race cars like group A) you can shift without clutch. Correct timing to disengage the current gear and engage the next when there is no load on the gear teeth, via rev matching. I have a manual Polo :)

Crew Chief app

Olijke Poffer
14-04-2017, 05:54
May be the same for the V8SC, but that's because you're shifting with the paddles, no? With the h-shift you can go to neutral then the next gear of your choice.
In a regular h-shift manual car (also race cars like group A) you can shift without clutch. Correct timing to disengage the current gear and engage the next when there is no load on the gear teeth, via rev matching. I have a manual Polo :)

Crew Chief app

I'm shifting with pedals indeed. But I see a splitsecond a N in the gear counter. That is a replacement for the nutral with a h-shifter I presume.
Anyway, I have a great time. ;)

I do have crewchief. The bad about a separate app is, when I play with the headphone, I need to put one earplug in my left ear for game sound, and with a second headphone connected to my (android phone) I have to put in my right ear to hear the spotter.
If it is build in in Pcars2 than I just can put on one headphone. :D

proterra1
14-04-2017, 11:55
I wish the rain drops would look more realistsic. Here the rain looks very 'streaky', just lines basically. Maybe because its a timelapse I think, but it is the one thing about the graphics which isn't photorealistic!

https://youtu.be/Uw9ezoqLuqA?t=501

Dangerpaws
14-04-2017, 12:21
I wish the IndyCar liveries/paint jobs would match more closely to the real cars in the series.
I understand that you can't do this exactly due to licensing, but you could still make them close.

Better yet....get the IndyCar license and have all the real cars & drivers in the game!!!!!

RacingAtHome
14-04-2017, 12:23
I wish the IndyCar liveries/paint jobs would match more closely to the real cars in the series.
I understand that you can't do this exactly due to licensing, but you could still make them close.

Better yet....get the IndyCar license and have all the real cars & drivers in the game!!!!!

They've got the license for the 2016 season.

proterra1
17-04-2017, 17:26
I recently came across binaural audio and immediately thought it would be amazing for games. I came across a Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/126fjp/why_isnt_binaural_audio_used_in_gaming/) that seems to suggest it's possible for games (although I don't understand a lot of it!) and also proven by this video: Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZNgiAAqJRE)
It would certainly enhance racing games, hearing your opponents around you etc. and impacts would sound pretty good! SMS have always said they like to use new technologies in their games. With VR now implemented this is the audio equivalent. I have also found that it isn't really a new technology though, and its actually one of the oldest audio recording techniques. Maybe there's a reason its not used in mainstream games yet. It only works with headphones but there can always be an in game option where you select if your using headphones or not.
But I think it would really enhance racing games. The audio doesn't even need to be high quality for it to sound amazingly realistic. It would sound so much better than any Dolby surround sound system. Here is another video demo that I found quite to be entertaining if you haven't heard it before: Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA)
Like I said, I only recently came across it so maybe its been discussed before or there's a reason that I don't know as to why it's not suitable. Anyway my wish possible or not is for binaural audio in PC2!

dault3883
17-04-2017, 17:30
They've got the license for the 2016 season.

so does that mean PC2 will have all the indy cars?

Konan
17-04-2017, 17:38
so does that mean PC2 will have all the indy cars?

It means exactly what it says...they have the license and can implement what they want from that license...what exactly that is going to be you'll just have to wait and find out...:p

Chimildo
19-04-2017, 17:25
Don't know if this has been covered before, so apologies if it has. I know people have said that they don't like the way pcars 1 was dropped from development and pcars 2 was started the day of release of 1, but replies were that they need to make money, so I got to thinking and do you think they would make enough profit from a subscription racing league, similar to iracing? Say for instance (if the game is as good as they say it is) it could last maybe 4 years for the next instalment, so the first year DLC and maybe develop a add on that sorts racing (they said that they have made this game so that if there is a problem with a chunk of code they could replace it so maybe that also means that stuff could be added( I'm no computer guy I'm just wondering if it's possible). With a ordinary multiplayer with standard game, but then a yearly subscription of maybe £30 to use this project racing. But anyway was just thinking, maybe it could work

RacingAtHome
19-04-2017, 17:35
Don't know if this has been covered before, so apologies if it has. I know people have said that they don't like the way pcars 1 was dropped from development and pcars 2 was started the day of release of 1, but replies were that they need to make money, so I got to thinking and do you think they would make enough profit from a subscription racing league, similar to iracing? Say for instance (if the game is as good as they say it is) it could last maybe 4 years for the next instalment, so the first year DLC and maybe develop a add on that sorts racing (they said that they have made this game so that if there is a problem with a chunk of code they could replace it so maybe that also means that stuff could be added( I'm no computer guy I'm just wondering if it's possible). With a ordinary multiplayer with standard game, but then a yearly subscription of maybe £30 to use this project racing. But anyway was just thinking, maybe it could work

Erm. For the first year, we had DLC each month and the implementation of features for free. I don't see that as dropping from development. We received 11.0's worth of patches.

Chimildo
19-04-2017, 18:27
Yeah, I didn't want it to sound like I was complaining because I'm not, I still play pcars most days and still love it. It was just a thought to add a different element to the game, and allow more time for the next one. And I don't know it could be very easy for them to implement a racing mode as I'm sure most of it will be there already and maybe it could make them some money

Haiden
19-04-2017, 19:43
Just wanted to say that I think it's sad (bigly) when a small studio's pre-build work-in-progress already looks and sounds better than big studio's 6th generation flagship release. :) Kudos, SMS! Can't wait for this. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLKeFoYl2E

dault3883
19-04-2017, 20:28

but thats exactly why i like Project cars over iracing is that its not a monthly fee game for one and two i like having the option of the different racing views i like to race from either the hood or the roof right now im working my way to the cockpit though

Fanapryde
19-04-2017, 22:14
but then a yearly subscription of maybe £30 to use this project racing
I don't mind paying for DLC, but what you are proposing is over the top. I would never pay subscription to use a game I own, which is one of the reasons I will never drive in iRacing, another one being the fact that if you stop your subscription you will not be able to use your "bought" content. In the end you are just "renting" it. A business model I don't like at all.

hkraft300
19-04-2017, 23:14
It burns enough that I have to pay subscription fee for PSN -_-
Like we don't pay enough for the consoles, controllers and games already...

F1_Racer68
19-04-2017, 23:20
It really bothers me when I hear the criticism of SMS over the fact that they openly announced the start of development on pCARS2 when they did.

What most people don't seem to realize is that most software companies, game studio or otherwise, are usually working on 2 - 3 releases of the same software in parallel. Usually software is road mapped around a 6 month release cycle, which means over the course of a single year, teams are working on at least 3 versions in parallel.

I now the recent posts by Chimildo weren't meant as a criticism, but it does open old wounds, and I still see people posting negatively about it regularly in other places, even in recent replies to tweets by the official account regarding some of the track and car announcements.
It absolutely drives me nuts.

hkraft300
19-04-2017, 23:33
I like that SMS switched over to pc2 development, especially because of what a big step it is over and above pc1. If SMS had started pc2 dev early, but it was a case of Forza 5-6, or GT5-6 I'd have been less impressed.

dault3883
19-04-2017, 23:45
hopefully the fact that they started on it early it will mean less problems on its release its well know that new games tend to have glitches that need twitching its just the way it is trick is to minimize them to minor glitches that can be fixed quick

dault3883
20-04-2017, 01:20
i wish that for project cars 2 when we do pitstops we can actually see the crews doing the pitstop the plane car staying still and u only hearing the pit stop but the car not going up or down or anything is really pathatic in my opinion

hkraft300
20-04-2017, 02:09
I'm not fussed about being able to see the pit crew run around changing tyres and refuelling and what not.
I'd be content with the crew at my box ready to work. Because I stay in cockpit or bumper cam.
With VR getting bigger, putting in proper pit crew is tricky and increasingly difficult.
You know someone with a VR set will box in an open cockpit car, look around and get real vocal about his disappointment that the pit crew movement isn't natural and their shoes are the wrong colour.

Zpectre87
20-04-2017, 10:01
The first of everything will always have its issues. The important thing is that the good bits are good enough to make it sell and fund further development.

joelsantos24
20-04-2017, 11:06
Yeah, the pit crew issue isn't really relevant, in my humble opinion. There're other issues, far more important to the game mechanics, such as the AI, for example. I'm far more interested (and worried) about the behaviour of the AI, this time around.

Haiden
20-04-2017, 11:16
Pit crews would be really nice, especially if their animations were class/race specific. But the main thing, IMO, is that we get manual pit stops. No more auto-cruising the pit lane under AI control.

hkraft300
20-04-2017, 14:50
Pit crews would be really nice, especially if their animations were class/race specific. But the main thing, IMO, is that we get manual pit stops. No more auto-cruising the pit lane under AI control.

That'll certainly make my life difficult, if I make pit strategy changes approaching the box. Which I often do.
I'll definitely end up in the wrong box or crashing in pit lane at some stage.

Mahjik
20-04-2017, 15:06
That'll certainly make my life difficult, if I make pit strategy changes approaching the box. Which I often do.
I'll definitely end up in the wrong box or crashing in pit lane at some stage.

Hopefully, it will work similar to the way rFactor used to do it. i.e. you could adjust your pit strategy while driving (over a lap or two) so when you came in for your pit stop, everything was ready to go. I used to adjust my strategies in rFactor during the straights on the track where I had a little time to not focus directly on the road.

hkraft300
20-04-2017, 15:08
Hopefully, it will work similar to the way rFactor used to do it. i.e. you could adjust your pit strategy while driving (over a lap or two) so when you came in for your pit stop, everything was ready to go. I used to adjust my strategies in rFactor during the straights on the track where I had a little time to not focus directly on the road.

Me: fumble, fumble, crash -_-

Konan
20-04-2017, 15:17
...ditto...:rolleyes:

Roger Prynne
20-04-2017, 15:49

I used to do exactly the same.

Fanapryde
20-04-2017, 16:10
I used to do exactly the same.
I still do in my other sims, where I can use the little joystick on my Fanatec wheels for all necessary functions to adjust pit strategy. I hope I can do the same in pCars2.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 01:20

actualy in most sports car series they have a pit road speed limiter in the car so how is ai control any different

hkraft300
21-04-2017, 01:51
actualy in most sports car series they have a pit road speed limiter in the car so how is ai control any different

Even with the forced speed limiter, you can have manual steer and brake to stop exactly in your box for the best pit stop. If you screw it, you potentially screw your race. It's an important aspect of racing and some want the experience of driver control.
Personally I'm OK with AI control so I can sort out my pit strategy, unless there's a teammate to do it for me or voice control like F1 2016.
The latter would be very annoying if it's not perfect, or if my wife is cooking -_-

dault3883
21-04-2017, 02:24
Even with the forced speed limiter, you can have manual steer and brake to stop exactly in your box for the best pit stop. If you screw it, you potentially screw your race. It's an important aspect of racing and some want the experience of driver control.
Personally I'm OK with AI control so I can sort out my pit strategy, unless there's a teammate to do it for me or voice control like F1 2016.
The latter would be very annoying if it's not perfect, or if my wife is cooking -_-

exactly on the game we have to act as racer and team engineer so we need that time on pit road cruising to the pit stall to act as the engineer

hkraft300
21-04-2017, 02:47
exactly on the game we have to act as racer and team engineer so we need that time on pit road cruising to the pit stall to act as the engineer

I know. I'm going to crash in the pit lane, or while sorting it out on my way to the pit lane :rolleyes:
I was keen for the Co-driver option. You can discuss with your Co-driver to sort out the pit strategy during the stint. Sadly, I think this game mode may have been dropped.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 03:22
I know. I'm going to crash in the pit lane, or while sorting it out on my way to the pit lane :rolleyes:
I was keen for the Co-driver option. You can discuss with your Co-driver to sort out the pit strategy during the stint. Sadly, I think this game mode may have been dropped.

iv always wanted to get a couple of friends togeather at the house to do a full 24 hour race with actual driver swaps but unfortunately never had any friends that were obsessed with endurance racing:listening_headphone

cxMilk
21-04-2017, 05:41
If the pit strategy menus are similar to those in the Codies F1 games (at least that's what I'm imagining them to be like), setting up pit strats while running down a straight should be fairly easy. That being said, I like that the realism of manual drive in the pit lanes will be present, but much like hkraft, I foresee bad stuff happening on my part. However, one clear advantage of manual drive over AI control is we will no longer be handed manual control in the worst possible positions upon pit exit. I still remember the Spa release before it was updated in one of the patches.

This is something I'm also looking forward to if indeed we will have manual control over the formation lap as well.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 06:49
If the pit strategy menus are similar to those in the Codies F1 games (at least that's what I'm imagining them to be like), setting up pit strats while running down a straight should be fairly easy. That being said, I like that the realism of manual drive in the pit lanes will be present, but much like hkraft, I foresee bad stuff happening on my part. However, one clear advantage of manual drive over AI control is we will no longer be handed manual control in the worst possible positions upon pit exit. I still remember the Spa release before it was updated in one of the patches.

This is something I'm also looking forward to if indeed we will have manual control over the formation lap as well.

how about this option have manual pit drive as an option you can turn on and off as if it wasnt the casual gamers would see this as a breaking point

Fanapryde
21-04-2017, 07:09
how about this option have manual pit drive as an option you can turn on and off as if it wasnt the casual gamers would see this as a breaking pointCould be the best of both worlds, obviously.
Coming from other sims, it always feels weird realising you can't control the car leaving or entering the pits.
I'd use manual all the time,

hkraft300
21-04-2017, 08:19
I'd use manual too.
Some of the pit releases are way beyond the end of pit lane. Like Zolder.

F1_Racer68
21-04-2017, 10:59
Ok, so over on the GTPlanet Q&A thread it was already confirmed that manual/automatic control is an option for the room setup. But I imagine it will be on or off without the ability to change it while in car/session. Basically once it's set, it's set.

As for the pit strategies, Ian praised and complimented Codemasters on their system and indicated that SMS used that as a model for pCARS2.

Basically both of your wishes are already confirmed.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 12:14
Ok, so over on the GTPlanet Q&A thread it was already confirmed that manual/automatic control is an option for the room setup. But I imagine it will be on or off without the ability to change it while in car/session. Basically once it's set, it's set.

As for the pit strategies, Ian praised and complimented Codemasters on their system and indicated that SMS used that as a model for pCARS2.

Basically both of your wishes are already confirmed.

thank you and i believe codemasters makes some of the best racing games out there there up there in the top 5

VelvetTorpedo
21-04-2017, 12:25

I loved the first time I did a full race in AMS. Being in control of the formation lap and driving full field behind the pace car to line up at the grid put the biggest smile on my face. It was something I didn't realize I missed until I experienced it.

snipeme77
21-04-2017, 14:27
Make a wish of Pcars 2? Demo...

F1_Racer68
21-04-2017, 18:27

Don't waste that wish..... Already confirmed by Ian himself..... 4 words for you..... Never. Going. To. Happen.

snipeme77
21-04-2017, 18:39
Don't waste that wish..... Already confirmed by Ian himself..... 4 words for you..... Never. Going. To. Happen.

Then I'm not willing to risk $60-80 on a preorder... Simple as that. I'll wait for the reviews.

dault3883
21-04-2017, 18:57
Then I'm not willing to risk $60-80 on a preorder... Simple as that. I'll wait for the reviews.

im with you there wait for a couple weeks the prices will go down and the most drastic bugs will get fixed

Mahjik
21-04-2017, 19:00
im with you there wait for a couple weeks the prices will go down and the most drastic bugs will get fixed

I doubt the price will drop over a few weeks; maybe a few months... However, I think by the time pC2 is released, any concerns you have will be muted.

snipeme77
21-04-2017, 19:01
I doubt the price will drop over a few weeks; maybe a few months... However, I think by the time pC2 is released, any concerns you have will be muted.

I hope so, I truly do!!!

dault3883
21-04-2017, 19:03
I hope so, I truly do!!!

agreed i hate when video game companys release a game and its filled with bugs

Konan
21-04-2017, 20:09
Well now...wouldn't it be better in general that SMS put their precious time/resources into bug resolving instead of a demo then?

dault3883
21-04-2017, 20:42
Well now...wouldn't it be better in general that SMS put their precious time/resources into bug resolving instead of a demo then?

i have no problem with there not being a demo id rather have bugs fixed before release even if it means missing the release date im still having fun with pc1 i have no problem waiting a little bit longer

Konan
21-04-2017, 20:56
i have no problem with there not being a demo id rather have bugs fixed before release even if it means missing the release date im still having fun with pc1 i have no problem waiting a little bit longer

Easy to say now...we'll talk again after Pcars2 has been released...:p

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:00
Easy to say now...we'll talk again after Pcars2 has been released...:p

true games always have bugs no matter how hard it is to prevent it just like new cars always have bugs even though they try not to have them they always have recalls

Konan
21-04-2017, 21:02
Was actually referring to this bit...:cool:

i have no problem waiting a little bit longer

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:05
Was actually referring to this bit...:cool:

o well i meant that i had no problem waiting a little bit longer if they had to delay the release date to make sure it was done right but trust me ill be one of the ones preordering on STEAM LOL they will provide updates and ill be the one complaining about every single little problem LOL

Konan
21-04-2017, 21:10
ill be the one complaining about every single little problem LOL

OH NOOO...not another one...:p

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:17
OH NOOO...not another one...:p

some one has to let em know

Konan
21-04-2017, 21:19
Indeed...any constructive criticism is always welcomed...as long as it's communicated in a civil manor...:cool:

dault3883
21-04-2017, 21:22
Indeed...any constructive criticism is always welcomed...as long as it's communicated in a civil manor...:cool:

well of course ill of cussed out the monitor enough that by time i get to the forum ill be calm LOL:cool:

Mahjik
21-04-2017, 22:34
true games always have bugs no matter how hard it is to prevent it just like new cars always have bugs even though they try not to have them they always have recalls

In general, there is no such thing as "bug free" software. Every major piece of software (whether games, OS, business, medical, etc) has bugs. The goal though is to not have bugs which hamper the user's experience. SMS, as with every software developer on the planet, will be doing their best to curb that with their available resources and time.

FS7
21-04-2017, 23:52
Demo might seem like a good idea at first but why would SMS waste time creating a demo if they have a number of players from the community testing the game and giving feedback since 2015?

That's the best thing to do imo. I've never pre-ordered anything and I don't understand why anyone would do so.

Zpectre87
22-04-2017, 00:18
I'd use manual too.
Some of the pit releases are way beyond the end of pit lane. Like Zolder.

IMO Zolder was the reason they went with automatic. The thought of exiting the pits with a vintage supercar on cold tires surrounded by guard rails is scary. :D

dault3883
22-04-2017, 00:24
IMO Zolder was the reason they went with automatic. The thought of exiting the pits with a vintage supercar on cold tires surrounded by guard rails is scary. :D

Agreed that would be intimidating. But im glad zolder is on the game its a vintage track.

F1_Racer68
22-04-2017, 01:37

Separates the men from the boys ;) :D

dault3883
22-04-2017, 01:42
Separates the men from the boys ;) :D

Remember people some of the casual racers might one day become sim racers. I'm a casual racer but i want to learn to be a sim racer, but i dont want to jump into the deep end from the get go. I want to move my way up in steps. im sure there are tons more like me out there

F1_Racer68
22-04-2017, 03:17
Remember people some of the casual racers might one day become sim racers. I'm a casual racer but i want to learn to be a sim racer, but i dont want to jump into the deep end from the get go. I want to move my way up in steps. im sure there are tons more like me out there

That's what lower tier cars are for. Learn the same way real racing drivers learn. By working your way up from lower tiers to higher tiers.

No one expects a 15 year old kid with little to no driving experience to jump into a Group C monster as his first race car in the real world. The whole point of being a sim racer is to simulate the real experience ;)

dault3883
22-04-2017, 03:37
That's what lower tier cars are for. Learn the same way real racing drivers learn. By working your way up from lower tiers to higher tiers.

No one expects a 15 year old kid with little to no driving experience to jump into a Group C monster as his first race car in the real world. The whole point of being a sim racer is to simulate the real experience ;)

Except i didnt pay the money to drive go carts. I bought it so i could drive my favorite cars id never get to drive in real life. Like the Corvette c7r, R18, AUdi R8 race car, and many others to name a few. The fact that the game is made for consoles like playstation and xbox just reiterates that its NOT JUST for sim racers, but casual racers. And to say that i HAVE to do this a certain way is stupid, because at one point just about every one on this forum was a casual racer playing video games as a kid even if it was just Super Hang on on atari. We are all here to have fun dont tell me how i have to do that.

hkraft300
22-04-2017, 05:34
Pcars1+2 allows for that.
It's why the career can start in go karts if you like, or tier 1 LMP1 cars. Play it how you want. If you're struggling, there's ABS/TC/SC. But physics is physics, and accurately depicted in a sim a gamepad/console/$10K motion rig will not help if your skill level is go kart but you jump in an LMP.
If you have zero experience in sim racing but want to drive the R18 in a sim: by all means! Nobody will stop you.
But you can not expect to be quick, because it is a sim. It simulates the car as it is in real life, as accurately as the developers can. They're not easy to drive fast, consistently, competitively in real life either.
So if you're wanting an "easy" experience in a race car for the casual racer, it won't happen in any sim.
Short of the game driving for you, it won't be easy in general either.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. The updates to the tyre model and collision physics should a long way to helping the cars feel more natural and instinctive. This will help both wheel users, gamepad users, casual and serious sim racers.

I race the LMP cars a lot in pcars often. Familiar with driving and tuning them quickish. Got my wheel tuned nicely as well as the R18 tdi. Raced it this morning at road America, went a fraction wide making a pass, caught a kerb and smashed the wall quicker than I could blink. Race over.
That will happen in any sim, wheel/console/PC/gamepad or not. It will happen to a casual racer.
Difference is, those who want sim racing will realise "I went wide on a no-go kerb and got on the throttle too quick". Someone who wants a casual race experience will find the same incident frustrating and blame it on the game.

Roger Prynne
22-04-2017, 12:44
It's why the career can start in go karts if you like, or tier 1 LMP1 cars. Play it how you want. If you're struggling, there's ABS/TC/SC. But physics is physics, and accurately depicted in a sim a gamepad/console/$10K motion rig will not help if your skill level is go kart but you jump in an LMP.
If you have zero experience in sim racing but want to drive the R18 in a sim: by all means! Nobody will stop you.
But you can not expect to be quick, because it is a sim. It simulates the car as it is in real life, as accurately as the developers can. They're not easy to drive fast, consistently, competitively in real life either.
So if you're wanting an "easy" experience in a race car for the casual racer, it won't happen in any sim.
However, it's not all doom and gloom. The updates to the tyre model and collision physics should a long way to helping the cars feel more natural and instinctive. This will help both wheel users, gamepad users, casual and serious sim racers.

I race the LMP cars a lot in pcars often. Familiar with driving and tuning them quickish. Got my wheel tuned nicely as well as the R18 tdi. Raced it this morning at road America, went a fraction wide making a pass, caught a kerb and smashed the wall quicker than I could blink. Race over.
That will happen in any sim, wheel/console/PC/gamepad or not. It will happen to a casual racer.
Difference is, those who want sim racing will realise "I went wide on a no-go kerb and got on the throttle too quick". Someone who wants a casual race experience will find the same incident frustrating and blame it on the game.

This happens a LOT.

Dangerpaws
22-04-2017, 12:48
It means exactly what it says...they have the license and can implement what they want from that license...what exactly that is going to be you'll just have to wait and find out...:p

Having the full license with all the current IndyCars would be AMAZING! Fingers crossed...

RacingAtHome
22-04-2017, 13:02
Someone who wants a casual race experience will find the same incident frustrating and blame it on the game.

Hmm. This reminds me of somebody.

dault3883
22-04-2017, 13:25

Not me i wouldnt blame it on the game. I know when i go to wide its on me i misjudged the corner all the way back at corner entry. And as of right now i only race the AI i dont do online. The point i was trying to put across is that some casual racers, like me do want to learn but we dont want to start at the beginning the wait is to agonizing. but with tutorials they help. Before Formula 1 2012 i couldnt drive a F1 car in a game competitevely to save my life i wasnt driving the right sweeping line style. But with F1 2012's Tutorials i finally was able to learn what i was doing wrong, and correct it. Now F1 2012 is my second most played game on steam, fallowed by Nascar 2015 Victory edition (which i dont play to much any more). Third is Pcars but i believe it will soon be number 1. I just have to overcome the 179 hours i accumulated on the nascar game.

Also me working in Racing helps with these understandings. LOL

Haiden
22-04-2017, 14:06
Except i didnt pay the money to drive go carts. I bought it so i could drive my favorite cars id never get to drive in real life. Like the Corvette c7r, R18, AUdi R8 race car, and many others to name a few. The fact that the game is made for consoles like playstation and xbox just reiterates that its NOT JUST for sim racers, but casual racers. And to say that i HAVE to do this a certain way is stupid, because at one point just about every one on this forum was a casual racer playing video games as a kid even if it was just Super Hang on on atari. We are all here to have fun dont tell me how i have to do that.

You don't have to do it any one particular way. PCars is pretty flexible. However, if you want to get the most out of the title, then yes, you have to treat it like a real sim.

Sure we all started as casual racers, especially those of use who started on console. The only difference between a casual racer and sim racer is, the sim racer evolved, decided he/she wanted to get more from the experience, and started learning how to actually drive a car. Once that happens, there are certain titles and play styles that no longer suit you as a sim racer. Unfortunately, for casual racers, the hard-sim market is growing/expanding as hardware capability increases, making it possible to have more hard sims on console.

IMO, the real problem is simple. Casual racers on console are just used to being able to buy any racing title, without giving accessibility a second thought, because they were all sim-cade and made for controller and casual play. So casual racers simply need to start paying more attention to racing titles and their core audience and understand that some titles simply aren't for casual racing. And if the studios did make them more accessible to the casual racer, they would be alienating and losing their core audience of sim racers.

Unfortunately, Turn10 and Polyphony have spent the past decade telling casual console racers that they were playing sims. This has probably added to the confusion. But Forza and Gran Turismo are not on the same level of simulation as titles like AC, R3E, rF2, PCars, iRacing, etc.

Again, you can play/drive it however you want. It's totally up to you. But, remember... you can also drive steering with your foot, if you want to, but that doesn't make it a good idea. :)

dault3883
22-04-2017, 14:19
You don't have to do it any one particular way. PCars is pretty flexible. However, if you want to get the most out of the title, then yes, you have to treat it like a real sim.

Sure we all started as casual racers, especially those of use who started on console. The only difference between a casual racer and sim racer is, the sim racer evolved, decided he/she wanted to get more from the experience, and started learning how to actually drive a car. Once that happens, there are certain titles and play styles that no longer suit you as a sim racer. Unfortunately, for casual racers, the hard-sim market is growing/expanding as hardware capability increases, making it possible to have more hard sims on console.

IMO, the real problem is simple. Casual racers on console are just used to being able to buy any racing title, without giving accessibility a second thought, because they were all sim-cade and made for controller and casual play. So casual racers simply need to start paying more attention to racing titles and their core audience and understand that some titles simply aren't for casual racing. And if the studios did make them more accessible to the casual racer, they would be alienating and losing their core audience of sim racers.

Unfortunately, Turn10 and Polyphony have spent the past decade telling casual console racers that they were playing sims. This has probably added to the confusion. But Forza and Gran Turismo are not on the same level of simulation as titles like AC, R3E, rF2, PCars, iRacing, etc.

Again, you can play/drive it however you want. It's totally up to you. But, remember... you can also drive steering with your foot, if you want to, but that doesn't make it a good idea. :)

Agreed, i was just trying to stress not to bash and mistreat the casual racers on pcars. Because you dont know which ones are trying to learn to be sim racers like i am. And mistreat them enough and now youve alienated them and they wont want to play anymore. No one likes to be trashed on, be constructive and take them under your wing and they will be forever grateful for the help. Then youve gained more audience and fellow racers to race against, not to mention youve avoided them learning nasty bad racing habits. ;)

hkraft300
22-04-2017, 16:11

Couldn't agree more.
I'm one of them casual racers gone dark side.
Ask my wife: countless hours when not racing I'm reading/watching about racing cars, racing line, track guides, tuning... and talking smack on this forum. Trying to find the edge, the lap time, the strategy and tuning.
It's a hell of a lot more involved than simcade racing. Pick up and play Forza and GT have given the masses the wrong idea, concentrated on gamepad control more than wheel. Appealing and catering to their core audience.
Fine for them.
Sim racing is a much more niche market. To make it fully gamepad friendly will equate to the game driving for you, or altering/dumbing the physics.
Pcars1 doesn't do that yet I'm amazed how big a difference it makes going from game pad to a lowly G29.

F1_Racer68
22-04-2017, 19:03
Agreed, i was just trying to stress not to bash and mistreat the casual racers on pcars. Because you dont know which ones are trying to learn to be sim racers like i am. And mistreat them enough and now youve alienated them and they wont want to play anymore. No one likes to be trashed on, be constructive and take them under your wing and they will be forever grateful for the help. Then youve gained more audience and fellow racers to race against, not to mention youve avoided them learning nasty bad racing habits. ;)

Sorry if my comment came across as a bash. It wasn't. I was simply saying that people need to learn how to control the cars in all scenarios. This goes back to the comment about "supercars on cold tires at Zolder pit exit". Yeah, it's a tricky scenario, but all it really takes is knowing how to control your throttle. You learn that in lower tiers. Expecting to be able to jump into a top tier car with no experience and drive a clean fast lap is just a silly expectation.

dault3883
23-04-2017, 00:21
Sorry if my comment came across as a bash. It wasn't. I was simply saying that people need to learn how to control the cars in all scenarios. This goes back to the comment about "supercars on cold tires at Zolder pit exit". Yeah, it's a tricky scenario, but all it really takes is knowing how to control your throttle. You learn that in lower tiers. Expecting to be able to jump into a top tier car with no experience and drive a clean fast lap is just a silly expectation.

No problem im just a strong proponent for having the assists, because with them you can hook a player. Let them get a general feel of the game. Then let them slowely take each assist away by learning in steps. Some people can jump in the deep end from the get go, but others like me if you do that we crumble to pieces. And wont want to play for the most part. i dont do online at this point im content to race the AI i get more thrill in driving the car than anything and learning the tracks i dont know yet. maybe when i can master without the assist ill try online but till then im good.

Couldn't agree more.
I'm one of them casual racers gone dark side.
Ask my wife: countless hours when not racing I'm reading/watching about racing cars, racing line, track guides, tuning... and talking smack on this forum. Trying to find the edge, the lap time, the strategy and tuning.
It's a hell of a lot more involved than simcade racing. Pick up and play Forza and GT have given the masses the wrong idea, concentrated on gamepad control more than wheel. Appealing and catering to their core audience.
Fine for them.
Sim racing is a much more niche market. To make it fully gamepad friendly will equate to the game driving for you, or altering/dumbing the physics.
Pcars1 doesn't do that yet I'm amazed how big a difference it makes going from game pad to a lowly G29.

Hpkraft im always doing something racing weather playing racing games. (which every game i own has something to do with racing or cars or motorcycles)
watching racing or working on race cars i eat sleep breath and drink racing LOL

hkraft300
23-04-2017, 00:46
That's the thing about pcars assists: they're super realistic (I mean abs, tc and SC) in their behaviour. So physics is physic. It can't be beat even with assists. They won't exactly save you from the barrier. They'll smooth out your bad race driving habits a little.
If your technique is good, you'll rarely trigger them.
This might also come as a surprise to casual racers.
My brother showed me a fail video last night, of a guy leaving a party in a 918. He launched a bit hard, in the car park, and couldn't stop in time and hit the SUV stopped at the exit.
Forgot his tyres and brakes are cold, I guess :rolleyes:
I've hosted LMP900 lobbies where, I've seen a newcomer just spinning and spinning, failing to control the car on cold tyres exiting the pit lane, then quit after a few corners.

dault3883
23-04-2017, 00:51
That's the thing about pcars assists: they're super realistic (I mean abs, tc and SC) in their behaviour. So physics is physic. It can't be beat even with assists. They won't exactly save you from the barrier. They'll smooth out your bad race driving habits a little.
If your technique is good, you'll rarely trigger them.
This might also come as a surprise to casual racers.
My brother showed me a fail video last night, of a guy leaving a party in a 918. He launched a bit hard, in the car park, and couldn't stop in time and hit the SUV stopped at the exit.
Forgot his tyres and brakes are cold, I guess :rolleyes:
I've hosted LMP900 lobbies where, I've seen a newcomer just spinning and spinning, failing to control the car on cold tyres exiting the pit lane, then quit after a few corners.

yep they become a sort of life net it will still hurt but you wont break your back so to speak LOL

FS7
23-04-2017, 02:01
Triple virtual mirrors in cockpit view.

poirqc
24-04-2017, 01:41
Just hooked Face Track NoIR to pCars 1. Sorted the jutterness and it was quite enjoyable!

Does it works with pCars 2?

Thanks,

Silraed
24-04-2017, 01:44

Yorkie was using TrackIR in one of his pCARS2 videos so I would like to think face track NoIR would work as well.

seb02
24-04-2017, 06:54
one only wish : offline custom championship

Zpectre87
24-04-2017, 08:11
IMO ABS is the biggest help, but it has become standard so it doesn't really matter.

I can't understand why people think TC is a help... Maybe at the very limit, but below that it just hurts you, you floor it and the car becomes numb and you have no exit speed. Not to mention you can't use advanced driving techniques with it enabled.

Stability control probably helps, but less than ABS.

We're reaching the point where electronics are better than analog control. The PDK-S in the GT3 RS is said to shift better in auto mode than a human does. But we're not quite there yet.

Roger Prynne
24-04-2017, 11:43
Just hooked Face Track NoIR to pCars 1. Sorted the jutterness and it was quite enjoyable!

Thanks,

Yep.

Chimildo
24-04-2017, 12:31
Not that I'm bothered if people use assists each to their own, but just reading the comments what about if assists made you a bit slower rather than giving an advantage

dault3883
24-04-2017, 12:54
i wish we had side mirrors that were like the rear view so that you can always see them inside the mclaren 12C Gt3 you cant see the side view mirrors

hkraft300
24-04-2017, 13:07
IMO ABS is the biggest help, but it has become standard so it doesn't really matter.

I can't understand why people think TC is a help... Maybe at the very limit, but below that it just hurts you, you floor it and the car becomes numb and you have no exit speed. Not to mention you can't use advanced driving techniques with it enabled.

Stability control probably helps, but less than ABS.

We're reaching the point where electronics are better than analog control. The PDK-S in the GT3 RS is said to shift better in auto mode than a human does. But we're not quite there yet.

Abs Tc SC all kill some movement of the car on the limit.
Tc can help someone who's a bit rough on the throttle on corner exit. Allow a bit of slip so you don't overdo it.
That's why adjustable race car systems are good that allows a little slip. Road cars that I've been in, are a different matter and some are restrictive, as you mentioned, allowing no slip.
Some are too slow to react, especially cars like V8 commodores. Heavy, lots of grunt and even with good tyres it's way sideways before the Tc/SC suddenly cuts in.
High end systems on supercars may be much better than a budget family muscle car.
I'm sure Porsche's pdk can shift at the perfect rpm and keep in the power band better than its human driver. On the limit at a track it's great.
In a Porsche, a pdk in traffic with plenty of grunt isn't a problem. In my little Clio with a dual clutch it takes a moment too long to catch up to my intentions.

FS7
24-04-2017, 13:32
i wish we had side mirrors that were like the rear view so that you can always see them inside the mclaren 12C Gt3 you cant see the side view mirrors
Like the triple mirrors in rF1? I'd like that too.

dault3883
24-04-2017, 13:38
Like the triple mirrors in rF1? I'd like that too.

I dont know iv never played rfactor. I was racing Laguna Seca yesterday in the McLaren 12C GT3 from inside the cockpit for the first time. It was a major disappointment even moved the seat all the way back and could only see the corner of the mirror. :(

Visceral_Syn
24-04-2017, 13:40
Dare I recommend Track IR, for being able to use the side mirrors as intended. I don't think i could ever sim race without Track IR at this point...

dault3883
24-04-2017, 13:44
Dare I recommend Track IR, for being able to use the side mirrors as intended. I don't think i could ever sim race without Track IR at this point...

whats track IR? I would just like Mirrors in the game from the get go. I dont want to add any mods if i dont have to since i have no clue how to, and all the videos online iv seen i dont understand.

FS7
24-04-2017, 13:56
I dont know iv never played rfactor.
rF & AMS have the option to have triple mirrors like in the pic below:

http://i.imgur.com/jJluFxx.jpg

Visceral_Syn
24-04-2017, 14:10
Go to Natural Points website, and try to not drool too much. Last time i checked its all of 125 bucks....https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Mad Al
24-04-2017, 14:35
I dont know iv never played rfactor. I was racing Laguna Seca yesterday in the McLaren 12C GT3 from inside the cockpit for the first time. It was a major disappointment even moved the seat all the way back and could only see the corner of the mirror. :(

try the look left and right buttons... (never use them personally in any racing game as they can be disorienting in the extreme) or the look back button

There is a virtual mirror if you use the cycle hub button (I'd assume you already used it.)

Or you can spend a relatively large amount on something like TrackIR (other options are available, like free track)

Or spend a much larger amount of money and go for proper immersion with VR

dault3883
24-04-2017, 14:36
Go to Natural Points website, and try to not drool too much. Last time i checked its all of 125 bucks....https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

whats the track clip pro?

they have the

Track IR5 for $149.95

Track clip Pro bundle for $169.95

and Track Clip Pro for 34.95

Im definately interested in this but want to know what all that stuff is

dault3883
24-04-2017, 14:38
try the look left and right buttons... (never use them personally in any racing game as they can be disorienting in the extreme)

There is a virtual mirror if you use the cycle hub button (I'd assume you already used it.)

Or you can spend a relatively large amount on something like TrackIR (other options are available, like free track)

dont want VR i feel id probably get motion sickness and iv tried the right and left buttons they go to far to see the mirrors im trying to see when people are on my quarter panels on starts and in lap traffic

BullWinkle
24-04-2017, 15:12
try the look left and right buttons... (never use them personally in any racing game as they can be disorienting in the extreme) or the look back button

You forgot one Or. Triple monitors. Which might require a GPU upgrade.;)

dault3883
24-04-2017, 15:26
You forgot one Or. Triple monitors. Which might require a GPU upgrade.;)

i dont have room for triple monitors i have a picture of my rig in the show my rig thread go check it out

I see now what the track clip pro is for, connecting to your head set. I think im going to get this next time i get paid. :( Cant afford it right now just bought some additional stuff for my rig, and am on necessity's only until next pay check.

what software if any do i need to use this

Konan
24-04-2017, 15:31
i dont have room for triple monitors i have a picture of my rig in the show my rig thread go check it out

I see now what the track clip pro is for, connecting to your head set. I think im going to get this next time i get paid. :( Cant afford it right now just bought some additional stuff for my rig, and am on necessity's only until next pay check.

Top tip: if you want to add something to your post use the "edit post" button situated under your post...that way you don't have to wre-write everything :cool:

dault3883
24-04-2017, 15:32
Top tip: if you want to add something to your post use the "edit post" button situated under your post...that way you don't have to wre-write everything :cool:

yea i didnt realize i had already posted the first one i was going to go back and delete it but it had already been done sorry

BullWinkle
24-04-2017, 15:32

what software if any do i need to use this

Yup, I see your conundrum now. :o (checked out rig thread).
TrackIR is the best way to go. All required software is included with TIR.

Konan
24-04-2017, 15:34
yea i didnt realize i had already posted the first one i was going to go back and delete it but it had already been done sorry

No problem...;)

dault3883
24-04-2017, 15:34
Yup, I see your conundrum now. :o (checked out rig thread).

i dont make enough money to live on my own have to rent a room from my parents im only 24 so i gotta make use with the room i have but i bought the open wheelr seat rig then modified it to what it is im proud of it but it always could use some tweeks ;)

poirqc
24-04-2017, 18:26
Not that I'm bothered if people use assists each to their own, but just reading the comments what about if assists made you a bit slower rather than giving an advantage

I'm slower with facetracknoir, i have to control my view instead of having it move by itself with the auto look to apex helmet view. Look bound to button gets the job done faster.

But i enjoy it more so that's that.

i dont make enough money to live on my own have to rent a room from my parents im only 24 so i gotta make use with the room i have but i bought the open wheelr seat rig then modified it to what it is im proud of it but it always could use some tweeks ;)

Facetracknoir (http://www.facetracknoir.nl/) cost 5 bucks now. It works fairly well even with a basic webcam. You just need enough light in the room.

Mahjik
24-04-2017, 20:20

TC helps with consistency, especially in long races (i.e. not 5-10 minute sprints). Consistency can make or a break a long race.

rosko
24-04-2017, 21:21
I would argue in a racing car irl, TC is a help, it will aid traction & make you faster.

dault3883
24-04-2017, 22:20
I'm slower with facetracknoir, i have to control my view instead of having it move by itself with the auto look to apex helmet view. Look bound to button gets the job done faster.

But i enjoy it more so that's that.

Facetracknoir (http://www.facetracknoir.nl/) cost 5 bucks now. It works fairly well even with a basic webcam. You just need enough light in the room.

Thats one of the problems the area i have my rig in isnt that bright for one. Two i have a laptop so it sits off to the side so my web cam wouldnt work for that. Bullwinkle already suggested the Track IR5 which i really like. I just have to wait till i get paid again. Until then if its the start of the race ill just protect my line. Then when going through lap traffic ill just stay wide of them until i can see them in my rear view mirror. until i can get the Track IR5 that is.

hkraft300
25-04-2017, 00:10
Map on the hud helps, but with a narrow/correct fov you'd struggle to see where it is.
I run the fov wide-ish for 42" TV about a metre from my face. Can see one mirror usually on tin tops. Plus the rear view hud mirror.
Adjusting seat position in the game helps bring a mirror into your fov too.

dault3883
25-04-2017, 00:22
Map on the hud helps, but with a narrow/correct fov you'd struggle to see where it is.
I run the fov wide-ish for 42" TV about a metre from my face. Can see one mirror usually on tin tops. Plus the rear view hud mirror.
Adjusting seat position in the game helps bring a mirror into your fov too.

Hkraft i got the seat all the way back in the mclaren and i can barely see the edge of the left side mirror. If you look at my Rig i dont have room for a 42" tv.

hkraft300
25-04-2017, 01:05
You could increase your field of view, in that case. It'll warp the view slightly (think fish-eye lens) but you adjust to it.

F1_Racer68
25-04-2017, 01:06

Or triple screens. And for those fortunate enough to be able to use them, a VR setup is the ultimate way to go.

But I also understand that budgets and space limit options for some people. Until I was able to purchase my triples I had to make due with the Virtual Rear View mirror in the HUD. It's not perfect, but it helps.

dault3883
25-04-2017, 01:11
Or triple screens. And for those fortunate enough to be able to use them, a VR setup is the ultimate way to go.

But I also understand that budgets and space limit options for some people. Until I was able to purchase my triples I had to make due with the Virtual Rear View mirror in the HUD. It's not perfect, but it helps.

If you have seen my rig in the show me thread u would understand why triple monitors arent really an option for me. The trackIR5 sounds like it would work and solve my problems though. VR isnt really an option for me i get sea sick so bobing up and down in VR doesnt sound to good

hkraft300
25-04-2017, 01:29
VR isnt really an option for me i get sea sick so bobing up and down in VR doesnt sound to good

You can adjust the world movement option and slowly build up your tolerance with slow cars on flat tracks, and short stints.
My budget doesn't allow it yet, but my goal is VR PC build. Hopefully when the next iteration of VR comes out.
In the mean time, hud map and crew chief will help. Crew chief has a spotter function I believe.

dault3883
25-04-2017, 01:32
You can adjust the world movement option and slowly build up your tolerance with slow cars on flat tracks.
My budget doesn't allow it yet, but my goal is VR PC build. Hopefully when the next iteration of VR comes out.
In the mean time, hud map and crew chief will help. Crew chief has a spotter function I believe.

yea but i JUST baught a monitor LOL

F1_Racer68
25-04-2017, 02:04
yea but i JUST baught a monitor LOL

I'm with you on that. I just bought my triples last fall. I also have concerns about dizziness with the VR, as I already struggle with ongoing vertigo issues.

Even the triple screens can sometimes make me feel a bit unwell if I am already feeling some symptoms. It's all related ot the whole "eyes tell brain you are moving, but butt say you are not" thing.......