PDA

View Full Version : Make a wish - Project CARS 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

dault3883
25-04-2017, 02:10
I'm with you on that. I just bought my triples last fall. I also have concerns about dizziness with the VR, as I already struggle with ongoing vertigo issues.

Even the triple screens can sometimes make me feel a bit unwell if I am already feeling some symptoms. It's all related ot the whole "eyes tell brain you are moving, but butt say you are not" thing.......

Exactly i get all wobbly on a floating dock LOL and not to mention i already have to wear glasses no thank you.

Iv only had my 24" monitor a week

Fanapryde
25-04-2017, 06:05
I would argue in a racing car irl, TC is a help, it will aid traction & make you faster.
Reason why GT3 cars (and others) have it installed.
But simply ON/OFF can make you slower too. There should be scaled settings to choose the level of TC.
In good conditions TC ON makes me slower in most cars.

Fanapryde
25-04-2017, 06:15
Even the triple screens can sometimes make me feel a bit unwell if I am already feeling some symptoms. It's all related ot the whole "eyes tell brain you are moving, but butt say you are not" thing.......
Which imo in pCars is triggered by the lack of triple screen support, which causes the warped view on the side mirrors.
Glad pCars 2 will fix that.
I'm getting used to the warped view as far as I don't feel nausea coming up (any more), but (e.g.) Automobilista does have this triple support and I never had issues there. The difference in seeing apexes while taking sharp corners is huge, as is the peripheral view where you see environment passing by at "normal" speed.
For the record: I tried VR several times and each time I had to quit after a few laps because of upcoming nausea...

F1_Racer68
25-04-2017, 16:28
Which imo in pCars is triggered by the lack of triple screen support, which causes the warped view on the side mirrors.
Glad pCars 2 will fix that.
I'm getting used to the warped view as far as I don't feel nausea coming up (any more), but (e.g.) Automobilista does have this triple support and I never had issues there. The difference in seeing apexes while taking sharp corners is huge, as is the peripheral view where you see environment passing by at "normal" speed.
For the record: I tried VR several times and each time I had to quit after a few laps because of upcoming nausea...

I've had the issue in other sims as well, such as iracing. It's not related to the pcars distortion in my case. Simply a fact of me already being susceptible to dizzyness under certain circumstances.

I can only assume that VR would be even more likely to trigger it.

Fanapryde
25-04-2017, 17:11
I've had the issue in other sims as well, such as iracing. It's not related to the pcars distortion in my case. Simply a fact of me already being susceptible to dizzyness under certain circumstances.

I can only assume that VR would be even more likely to trigger it.
Ah, bad news for you then, even more sensitive than I am. I even have to take medication to prevent motion sickness when I'm not driving myself on track days... :dispirited:
As long as I'm on the wheel, all is OK.

dault3883
25-04-2017, 17:37
Ah, bad news for you then, even more sensitive than I am. I even have to take medication to prevent motion sickness when I'm not driving myself on track days... :dispirited:

sounds like you have non driving sickness LOL

i just prefer a monitor call it old school if you will i dont care

ShimonART
26-04-2017, 09:33
i dont know if this has been said before but designing your own helmet would be cool, like in f1 2016.

Olijke Poffer
26-04-2017, 10:24
i dont know if this has been said before but designing your own helmet would be cool, like in f1 2016.
Really? I never look at my helmet. ;)

F1_Racer68
26-04-2017, 12:10
It is handy when you are dealing with driver swaps.

As a spectator and even a competing driver it does help you to know who is in the car. I have been pleasantly surprised in iRacing as to how visible the helmet actually is in GT cars.

F1_Racer68
26-04-2017, 12:13

I had a big bout of fatigue and viral induced vertigo about 8 years ago that had me flat on my back for a week. Since then I have some days where I am hyper sensitive, and other days where it isn't an issue. Thankfully the hyper sensitive ones are few and far between, so it's not impacting my racing too much...... Yet......

morpwr
29-04-2017, 02:43
Hope that sms will be the first sim to support dual gpus. One for each eye.:) Id easily buy another gtx1080 if this gets more support from game makers.

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 02:09
I has wish:
For the faster Formula cars to have a steering wheel+screen setup like Massa's F1 car. Screen on the "dash" separate from the wheel.

Dnns84
03-05-2017, 12:23
It would be great to be able to hand the car over to an online co-driver instead of the AI during an endurance race. That co-driver should be a friend, not a random driver. If you were able to create 3 person teams you could hold realistic 24hr races.

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 13:43
It would be great to be able to hand the car over to an online co-driver instead of the AI during an endurance race. That co-driver should be a friend, not a random driver. If you were able to create 3 person teams you could hold realistic 24hr races.

+1

I wonder what's happened with this feature. Hopefully it's in the works and hasn't yet been revealed.
I'm sure I read it on the main site last year...

Mowzer
03-05-2017, 15:01
As PC2 has Rally cross i would love to see some group B cars maybe love to have a Audi Quattro S1, Ford RS200 and a Peugeot 205 T16.

F1_Racer68
03-05-2017, 16:21
+1

I wonder what's happened with this feature. Hopefully it's in the works and hasn't yet been revealed.
I'm sure I read it on the main site last year...

The last we heard on the GT Planet Q&A thread, it would be introduced via a post release patch. It's still planned, but not sure if it will apply for offline or if it will be an online/multiplayer only item.

hkraft300
03-05-2017, 22:28
The last we heard on the GT Planet Q&A thread, it would be introduced via a post release patch. It's still planned, but not sure if it will apply for offline or if it will be an online/multiplayer only item.

Cheers.
I remember what a giant leap patch 3 was.
If what you say is true - it will be part of some serious feature upgrade patches. pc2 will be so good on release and then how much the following patches will expand on it... Lord have mercy for my sinful thoughts...

dault3883
03-05-2017, 23:25
Cheers.
I remember what a giant leap patch 3 was.
If what you say is true - it will be part of some serious feature upgrade patches. pc2 will be so good on release and then how much the following patches will expand on it... Lord have mercy for my sinful thoughts...

how do you install a patch just for reference

Roger Prynne
03-05-2017, 23:30

Steam does it automatically.

hkraft300
04-05-2017, 01:27

Patch aka update.
Have a search for the earlier patch release notes.
Also Casey Ringley's "physics of..." posts are a great read.

FS7
04-05-2017, 01:41
PCars2 will have Indycar & ovals, I want to know if it will have birds too so that I can attempt to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_4W9P77AtQ

dault3883
04-05-2017, 03:05
PCars2 will have Indycar & ovals, I want to know if it will have birds too so that I can attempt to do this:

Double or Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Fanapryde
04-05-2017, 06:16
PCars2 will have Indycar & ovals
I do hope this will not be included in career mode though...:disturbed:

Konan
04-05-2017, 06:23

And why is that?

Fanapryde
04-05-2017, 07:12
And why is that?
Because I simply don't like driving on ovals and I don't like to be "forced" to while driving career mode...
If it's excluded, I'll never touch this feature.

Haiden
04-05-2017, 11:55
Because I simply don't like driving on ovals and I don't like to be "forced" to while driving career mode...

I wouldn't mind it being included, as long as it was a branch option, meaning, at that point in the career path, you have to choose one class direction or the other. But I agree, I don't want to be forced to have to do a tier in Ovals. That would ruin the career path for me, too.

F1_Racer68
04-05-2017, 12:43

Ovals are part of IndyCar. If there is an IndyCar based career path then ovals would be mandatory. IndyCar is comprised of permanent road course tracks, temporary street circuits and oval tracks. All 3 would need to be represented in any IndyCar career path as that is what is unique about IndyCar.

But with that said, IndyCar should be a branch path and not a "mandatory" one since it is a "top tier" series and not a development series.

F1_Racer68
04-05-2017, 13:26

If they do this for Indy, then they better add wallabies for Bathurst. Still my biggest complaint regarding lack of immersion for that track :D

Mahjik
04-05-2017, 13:51
Ovals are part of IndyCar. If there is an IndyCar based career path then ovals would be mandatory. IndyCar is comprised of permanent road course tracks, temporary street circuits and oval tracks. All 3 would need to be represented in any IndyCar career path as that is what is unique about IndyCar.

But with that said, IndyCar should be a branch path and not a "mandatory" one since it is a "top tier" series and not a development series.

Given what was done for PC1, I would wager we'll see a similar style career for PC2. The user will get team offers and will be able to pick the offers but won't be forced to take any of them specifically. I do agree that we are likely to see an "Indycar like" series that will include both oval and road courses combined, like the real series.

seb02
04-05-2017, 14:49

On the contrary, personnally I find the indycar very interesting by the variety of circuits: urbans, ovals and roads.

RacingAtHome
04-05-2017, 19:16

I think there would be uproar if you could kill birds in Project CARS 2.

FS7
04-05-2017, 22:05
I think there would be uproar if you could kill birds in Project CARS 2.
It would be funny whenever people made the usual Project CARS typo: "I killed 2 birds while Playing Project CATS earlier today".

RacingAtHome
04-05-2017, 22:30
It would be funny whenever people made the usual Project CARS typo: "I killed 2 birds while Playing Project CATS earlier today".

I was thinking a different kind of bird.

dault3883
04-05-2017, 22:47
they should throw some kangaroos on the bathhurst track seems they are always getting on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupfuSaj790

breyzipp
05-05-2017, 06:29
they should throw some kangaroos on the bathhurst track seems they are always getting on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupfuSaj790

My like is for the poor thing not getting hurt. :)

F1_Racer68
05-05-2017, 19:55

Sadly most are not that lucky. And neither are the cars......

RacingAtHome
05-05-2017, 22:41
Sadly most are not that lucky. And neither are the cars......

I think I remember at a Bathurst 12h/1000, a Kangaroo ran across the circuit and was struck by a car. Can't remember if the Kangaroo was ok but the front of the car was heavily dented so probably not.

FS7
05-05-2017, 22:45
I think I remember at a Bathurst 12h/1000, a Kangaroo ran across the circuit and was struck by a car. Can't remember if the Kangaroo was ok but the front of the car was heavily dented so probably not.
Why did the kangaroo cross the road?

RacingAtHome
05-05-2017, 22:48

Because it was hopping mad when watching the Bathurst 12H.

hkraft300
05-05-2017, 23:06

Because it was hopping mad when watching the Bathurst 12H.

Get your coat.

Roger Prynne
05-05-2017, 23:15
Guys.... any more jokes like that and I'm going to have to ban you I'm afraid :hopelessness:

dault3883
05-05-2017, 23:34

its why i shared this particular video no kangaroos were harmed in the making of it. i didnt want to share one of the kangaroo getting hit.

F1_Racer68
06-05-2017, 03:34
Guys.... any more jokes like that and I'm going to have to ban you I'm afraid :hopelessness:

I'm happy to see that this forum has a "minimum funniness" code..... The Ban Hammer for bad jokes. Glad to see someone is upholding this forums character (or is that characters?). :hopelessness: :D

Dnns84
08-05-2017, 18:48
Perhaps a decent online reputation system that prevents certain drivers from entering 'clean' lobbies. If you leave of disconnect from races too often, you will have to work to gain access again to lobbies with people who actually want to race. The other day I hosted a public lobby, kicked a few rotten apples during practice and still had a full grid when we started racing. The start was completely clean, no incidents whatsoever, and during the race there were no major incidents either, no lag, but halfway through the race I was the only driver left out of the 16 that started...
Another thing, sort of tied in with the first. In a public lobby, players shouldn't be able to enter after qualification is nearly finished unless they were invited. You see it way too often: players who didn't set a time or entered during warm-up decide to use the start to cause as much carnage as possible and then leave.

hkraft300
09-05-2017, 00:20
Perhaps a decent online reputation system that prevents certain drivers from entering 'clean' lobbies. If you leave of disconnect from races too often, you will have to work to gain access again to lobbies with people who actually want to race. The other day I hosted a public lobby, kicked a few rotten apples during practice and still had a full grid when we started racing. The start was completely clean, no incidents whatsoever, and during the race there were no major incidents either, no lag, but halfway through the race I was the only driver left out of the 16 that started...
Another thing, sort of tied in with the first. In a public lobby, players shouldn't be able to enter after qualification is nearly finished unless they were invited. You see it way too often: players who didn't set a time or entered during warm-up decide to use the start to cause as much carnage as possible and then leave.

Late to the party mate! Driver rating system confirmed :)

The race join cut off is ~3:30 before a race starts. Turn off warm up and they can't join the track after quali is over.

Pisshead30
10-05-2017, 20:48
Great to see my wish of a season pass has been included

dault3883
11-05-2017, 19:36
Great to see my wish of a season pass has been included

what do you mean by season pass

FS7
11-05-2017, 21:55
For PCars2 we need to be more clear when we talk about season pass, are you guys talking about the "get all DLC packs" thing or season changes in the game's tracks?

Mahjik
11-05-2017, 21:59
For PCars2 we need to be more clear when we talk about season pass, are you guys talking about the "get all DLC packs" thing or season changes in the game's tracks?

DLC... You don't pay extra for Live Track features.. ;)

dault3883
11-05-2017, 22:13
DLC... You don't pay extra for Live Track features.. ;)

how long do we keep all the dlc's with the season pass though

RacingAtHome
11-05-2017, 22:22
how long do we keep all the dlc's with the season pass though

I assume your question is how long the Season Pass lasts? We don't know.
If it is what you say and it's the length of time we keep the DLC with a Season Pass? Forever. You paid for the DLC, you keep it.

oldmodelt
11-05-2017, 22:32
I do hope they do some kind of public lobbies that FM has. A ghost, class run by SMS. The main complaint I have with PCars is that in the user lobbies everyone wants a 10-20 min warmup or qualifying period for a stupid 5-10 lap race. Lets just get in a go folks. But I tend to be a more simple driver who doesn't like to tinker for hours on end. :confused: Tune, then get in a room ready to go. I'm old enough that I don't need to add years waiting for the 2nd coming of Christ.

dault3883
11-05-2017, 22:33
I assume your question is how long the Season Pass lasts? We don't know.
If it is what you say and it's the length of time we keep the DLC with a Season Pass? Forever. You paid for the DLC, you keep it.

im just making an assumption with the season pass and dlc one can only hope

i just bought the collectors edition on amazon uk so ill have to wait for it to be delivered to me in america and use the steam code it comes with

Mahjik
12-05-2017, 02:50
Yes, if there is an end to the Season Pass, you do not lose the content you gained during that specific season you owned a Pass for... It just means the "next" season (if there would be more than one) would require a new pass or you would purchase the DLC only as you wanted.

dault3883
12-05-2017, 02:56
Yes, if there is an end to the Season Pass, you do not lose the content you gained during that specific season you owned a Pass for... It just means the "next" season (if there would be more than one) would require a new pass or you would purchase the DLC only as you wanted.

Kool Beans im siked

konnos
12-05-2017, 11:07
By the wording of it, the Season Pass does not refer to a particular season, it just means all DLC will be available to you when it comes out.

Cheesenium
13-05-2017, 03:17
By the wording of it, the Season Pass does not refer to a particular season, it just means all DLC will be available to you when it comes out.

More often than not, there are games with Season Pass that did not include all the post release DLCs. The word "Season Pass" is more like a pack with maybe all or some of the post release DLCs in one lower price tag.

dault3883
13-05-2017, 03:23
More often than not, there are games with Season Pass that did not include all the post release DLCs. The word "Season Pass" is more like a pack with maybe all or some of the post release DLCs in one lower price tag.

Either way im getting the diecast of the mclaren, the art book which is really cool, the Esport VIP pass, the season pass, and some cars on the game that can only be had with the ultra collectors editions or season pass plus getting the Jap cars too

Cheesenium
13-05-2017, 05:15
Either way im getting the diecast of the mclaren, the art book which is really cool, the Esport VIP pass, the season pass, and some cars on the game that can only be had with the ultra collectors editions or season pass plus getting the Jap cars too

If you are a diecast collector, the UE or CE version is a must as TSM is making these cars so I am expecting top tier workmanship and quality. Even the car alone is $120 form where I am from, an additonal $100 or so is really not too bad.

I am quite tempted to grab the CE myself too. The only problem is, I do not want an additional copy of the game. The 720S will go really well with the pair of 1998 Mclaran F1 GT1 I have.

dault3883
13-05-2017, 12:05
If you are a diecast collector, the UE or CE version is a must as TSM is making these cars so I am expecting top tier workmanship and quality. Even the car alone is $120 form where I am from, an additonal $100 or so is really not too bad.

I am quite tempted to grab the CE myself too. The only problem is, I do not want an additional copy of the game. The 720S will go really well with the pair of 1998 Mclaran F1 GT1 I have.

i would love the 1/12 scale one, but dont have the money or the room for it. I did the price conversion to american dollars and the ultra edition would be around $500 american. I simply cant afford that.

vegaguy5555
25-05-2017, 18:51
SLI for VR!!

The__Gasman
05-06-2017, 17:16
I would like to be able to choose varied AI ability i.e between 60% & 80%.

The__Gasman
05-06-2017, 17:21
Multi-class races. Choose which classes available in a race.

RacingAtHome
05-06-2017, 17:38
Multi-class races. Choose which classes available in a race.

Done.

breyzipp
05-06-2017, 18:13
There have been so many great new features announced yet that it's really hard to pick one. I'm very much looking forward to livetrack 3.0, seasons, rallycross, new tracks, new cars, online driving license, pit crews, new motorsport regulations, etc etc.

hkraft300
05-06-2017, 18:36
Jussi's suspension calculator for pc2.

VelvetTorpedo
05-06-2017, 19:05
i just wish for pcars2 at this point haha

dault3883
05-06-2017, 19:12
i just wish for pcars2 at this point haha

Dont we all

VicinalMars8858
06-06-2017, 05:38
An interactive, detailed, live/active garage fully connected and part of the weekends.
Access to all data in the garage in and outside the car (garage)
Telemetry in real time is good, but it would be good to access that information from the garage after some laps. Maybe even with graphs and track map etc..

Kunal_Racedriver
06-06-2017, 06:08
I wish there be a proper pro filter to sort lobbies for those who want to play with Interior view and manual+real assists. Right now the project cars Pro mode seems not different than the others. In a close racing sim the behavior of driving among others does change with these settings.

hkraft300
06-06-2017, 13:42
An interactive, detailed, live/active garage fully connected and part of the weekends.
Access to all data in the garage in and outside the car (garage)
Telemetry in real time is good, but it would be good to access that information from the garage after some laps. Maybe even with graphs and track map etc..

Pc2 will have udp 3Rd party app support.
VrHive records and saves telemetry data for review.

I wish there be a proper pro filter to sort lobbies for those who want to play with Interior view and manual+real assists.

When you host a multi-player lobby, in the restrictions you can force interior view, manual gears and real/no assists.
= pro mode.

Javaniceday
07-06-2017, 05:19
Any chance of the "oversteer help" setting making a comeback? It worked quite well with the controller....

seb02
07-06-2017, 07:18
i would like to see in PC2 :

- an offline custom championship
- more modern touring cars (we have opel Astra TCR, i hope more TCR : Honda, Audi, VW, Seat....)
- shorts tracks for Stockcars : Bristol and Dover .

Kunal_Racedriver
07-06-2017, 09:01
Pc2 will have udp 3Rd party app support.
VrHive records and saves telemetry data for review.

When you host a multi-player lobby, in the restrictions you can force interior view, manual gears and real/no assists.
= pro mode.

Thanks. But when searching for lobbies with Pro mode...I see no such restrictions. Assists still on and no forced views.

Jezza819
15-06-2017, 14:55
After watching Le Mans qualifying yesterday, I was wondering if it would ever be possible to show some of the accent lighting the cars have when they run at night. I'm at work right now so I can't upload any pictures but the cars are required to have their number panels illuminated on their doors or the bodywork in case of the prototypes. But some of the GTE, GTLM cars and GT3 cars have colored strips running down the edges of their roof panels and the Ford GT's especially have almost the entire area behind the cockpit colored. It might be overkill on a game but I've seen it in person at Road Atlanta at the Petite LeMans and it's pretty cool looking at night.

hkraft300
15-06-2017, 15:18
The illuminated numbers were requested a while ago.
I wonder what's happened.
They haven't shown any endurance GT cars at night and not much has been shown about LMP cars yet.
We'll see.
Would definitely like the illuminated numbers they look great.

dault3883
15-06-2017, 20:14
The illuminated numbers were requested a while ago.
I wonder what's happened.
They haven't shown any endurance GT cars at night and not much has been shown about LMP cars yet.
We'll see.
Would definitely like the illuminated numbers they look great.

agreed would also help with telling who you are racing against at night. If im in GTE im not as likely to push as hard to get by a car if its a GT3 car, then i would if it was another GTE car.

poirqc
18-06-2017, 13:36
Being able to chose between BAR and PSI reading for tire pressure, in the telemetry.

There's nothing wrong with BAR. But i'm sure lots of people may be more used to PSI and may want the option.

Thanks,

GenBrien
18-06-2017, 14:23
Being able to chose between BAR and PSI reading for tire pressure, in the telemetry.

There's nothing wrong with BAR. But i'm sure lots of people may be more used to PSI and may want the option.

Thanks,

with the same thinking

In Canada we use Metric for temp and speed (km/h & celcius)
but imp for power+torque+tire (HP & lbs-ft & PSI)

would it be possible to have them seperatly?
Every racing game we play, we have to either : dont have the good units while racing, or dont have the good units while tweaking our car setups
Thank you!

dault3883
19-06-2017, 13:11
with the same thinking

In Canada we use Metric for temp and speed (km/h & celcius)
but imp for power+torque+tire (HP & lbs-ft & PSI)

would it be possible to have them seperatly?
Every racing game we play, we have to either : dont have the good units while racing, or dont have the good units while tweaking our car setups
Thank you!

agreed while i would only use Imperial american units of measure i can see the use of having the choice

cluck
19-06-2017, 14:01
Funnily enough, that's a request I made for pCARS1, to have all units of measurement customisable to the user's choice. For instance, I would prefer to have speed in mph, boost pressure in bar, ride height in inches, temps in Celcius, torque in ft/lb to name just a few. That isn't possible in pCARS1. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what the situation is in pCARS2, sorry :o.

dault3883
19-06-2017, 14:17
Funnily enough, that's a request I made for pCARS1, to have all units of measurement customisable to the user's choice. For instance, I would prefer to have speed in mph, boost pressure in bar, ride height in inches, temps in Celcius, torque in ft/lb to name just a few. That isn't possible in pCARS1. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what the situation is in pCARS2, sorry :o.

no problem Cluck we know ur stuck between a rock and a hard place;):cool:

Roger Prynne
19-06-2017, 14:17
^ Yeah lets see what happens after release.
I for one would definitely welcome it.

Fanapryde
25-06-2017, 09:16
Don't know if it has been confirmed (can't find it) but I would really like personal best times per car/track to be recorded in the UI ?

dault3883
25-06-2017, 13:42
best lap times for practice session and racing out side of time trial too

hkraft300
26-06-2017, 15:18
A "mute all" button in MP.
Please.
Too many on PS4 are arrogant/incompetent in adjusting their mic when not in use.

GenBrien
26-06-2017, 18:39
A "mute all" button in MP.
Please.
Too many on PS4 are arrogant/incompetent in adjusting their mic when not in use.

you mean you dont like hearing others music so loud that you hear nothing else?

FS7
26-06-2017, 20:11
you mean you dont like hearing others music so loud that you hear nothing else?
Loud music isn't the worse imo, there's the guy who screams bad words all the time for the silliest reasons, the guy who gives the mic to his little brother with his annoying voice, the dude who sits on his mic and farts the entire race, the pervert who has an adult movie playing next to his mic, and list goes on.

RacingAtHome
26-06-2017, 23:18
Loud music isn't the worse imo, there's the guy who screams bad words all the time for the silliest reasons, the guy who gives the mic to his little brother with his annoying voice, the dude who sits on his mic and farts the entire race, the pervert who has an adult movie playing next to his mic, and list goes on.

Wait. That might have been me. Jeez. Should have turned down Cars 1.

hkraft300
26-06-2017, 23:30
Engine echo...
Baby crying...
Wife conversing in the background...
:rolleyes:

I haven't heard the adult movie sounds. That must be a PC thing lol

FS7
26-06-2017, 23:36
I haven't heard the adult movie sounds. That must be a PC thing lol
Not really, back when I had consoles & 2 tvs I used to watch movies or soccer games on my second tv while I waited in the lobby.

snipeme77
26-06-2017, 23:40
Well since my demo wish ain't happening, how about something simpler. On dry weather conditions, there's say a 30% chance of Confetti as the cars cross the finishing line on the last lap.

hkraft300
26-06-2017, 23:46
Not really, back when I had consoles & 2 tvs I used to watch movies or soccer games on my second tv while I waited in the lobby.

And had the mic on full?
I'll ask a couple of times. Then kick. If I'm hosting.

FS7
27-06-2017, 12:30
And had the mic on full?
I'll ask a couple of times. Then kick. If I'm hosting.
I don't have a mic, I'm anti-social :)

tonaz
27-06-2017, 14:05
Will PCars2 have the same stupid crash physics?

Mahjik
27-06-2017, 14:14
Will PCars2 have the same stupid crash physics?

How about you ask a specific question like a grown up?

tonaz
27-06-2017, 14:26
How about you ask a specific question like a grown up?

Do you want it more adult?
Dear ladies and gentlemen, i was wondering if someone here in this amazing forum full of the most passionate and knowledged people, knows if pCars2 will have the same physics during cars' accidents that we saw on pCars1, which in an objective and neutral point of view were way far from looking real.
Thanking you all in advance i wish you a pleasant day.

Uhm... Better? Who played pCars1 knows what i am talking about.

Sankyo
27-06-2017, 14:42
We still don't know what part of the crash physics you don't like and would like to see improved. Certain things cannot be done (e.g. parts detaching), other parts may or may not be technically possible to improve on.

Mahjik
27-06-2017, 14:54
Are you referring to visual damage modeling, physics damage modeling, or the car behavior when crashing?

dault3883
27-06-2017, 15:01
Do you want it more adult?
Dear ladies and gentlemen, i was wondering if someone here in this amazing forum full of the most passionate and knowledged people, knows if pCars2 will have the same physics during cars' accidents that we saw on pCars1, which in an objective and neutral point of view were way far from looking real.
Thanking you all in advance i wish you a pleasant day.

Uhm... Better? Who played pCars1 knows what i am talking about.

You do realize your talking to moderators right? Probably not the best decision to get smart with them just so you know. Learn to pick your battles better mate.

tonaz
27-06-2017, 15:52
You do realize your talking to moderators right? Probably not the best decision to get smart with them just so you know. Learn to pick your battles better mate.

He called me child, and i replied with just a joke, and i bet Mahjik got sense of humor. Surely more than you. Peace out.

Returning ontopic.... Yes Mahjik, i was referring to the car behaviour physics after a crash. I remember in pCARS1 you could have a 250kmh accident and the car do half flip and boom freeze on the ground, sometimes to its side as well :D was extremely funny, like old Benny Hills comics :,D

EDIT: i found an old video of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc8gbMGZW5o
:D

I loved pCARS1 in every damn aspect, but this.
Now please, everybody, do not say "it is not a crash simulation... bla bla, you should drive fast without having crashes, bla bla..."... Accidents are an implicit integral part of the racing experience. Always. The risk is always there. And if it happens in a simulation, it should be SIMULATED for real.

Do you think they are going to change this and make something like GRID style? (which was everything but a simulation... but hell, crash physics and dynamics were amazing)

Mahjik
27-06-2017, 16:02
It won't be GRID style, but the crash dynamics have been updated for PC2. The behavior of the cars during a crash, in most situations, will be better than PC1. I say most, as with any software, there will always be some weird edge cases where the cars do something odd but it will be improved over PC1.

To be honest, I don't think there is anything SMS hasn't touched to some extent (which is one of the reason for others this isn't simply a patch for PC1).

tonaz
27-06-2017, 16:10
Very very good. Cant wait to put my hands on it.

hkraft300
27-06-2017, 16:26
I don't think there is anything SMS hasn't touched to some extent

Wish: I would like to touch my pc2 copy. Enter it gently into the slot of my ps4. Where it shall remain blissfully for my sim racing enjoyment.

Fanapryde
27-06-2017, 16:34
Don't know if it has been confirmed (can't find it) but I would really like personal best times per car/track to be recorded in the UI ?
I assume this has not been implemented in pCars2 then...pity.. :nonchalance:

breyzipp
27-06-2017, 17:39
I assume this has not been implemented in pCars2 then...pity.. :nonchalance:

The question (for consoles) has been asked multiple times before (also GT planet forums) but never got a positive answer. So yes best to assume it won't be in.

For the record it's up there at the highest spot of my personal wish list as well, even before custom offline championships.

Olijke Poffer
27-06-2017, 17:46
I would love to see the lap times / ghost cars of my "friends" on the Playstation instead of only the overall top 10 ghost cars.
But I presume this is a PS/Sony problem and not a SMS problem..

breyzipp
27-06-2017, 17:47
It won't be GRID style, but the crash dynamics have been updated for PC2. The behavior of the cars during a crash, in most situations, will be better than PC1. I say most, as with any software, there will always be some weird edge cases where the cars do something odd but it will be improved over PC1.

To be honest, I don't think there is anything SMS hasn't touched to some extent (which is one of the reason for others this isn't simply a patch for PC1).

I believe I even read or watched a video (even quite recent, I think E3) where it said that SMS was now allowed for a certain manufacturer (think it was McLaren or Porsche) to do better and more detailed crashes than before or than other development studios?

I know car manufacturers usually don't want their cars to look badly damaged hence why in arcade games like Forza they are only minimal damage allowed like scratches with paint loss and some minor dents. So that article or video was some pleasant new info for me.

Konan
27-06-2017, 19:27
True...these days if a developer wants to add full damage it'll have to be on unbranded cars...
I know for a fact that the damage model for Pcars1 was ace but restricted by (some if not most) manufacturers...

dault3883
27-06-2017, 20:37
True...these days if a developer wants to add full damage it'll have to be on unbranded cars...
I know for a fact that the damage model for Pcars1 was ace but restricted by (some if not most) manufacturers...

They all want their cars to look like the hero cars of the movie industry

Konan
27-06-2017, 20:51
Nothing can beat this one though:

dault3883
27-06-2017, 20:52
Nothing can beat this one though:

That one does LOL

Fanapryde
28-06-2017, 07:47
The question (for consoles) has been asked multiple times before (also GT planet forums) but never got a positive answer. So yes best to assume it won't be in.

For the record it's up there at the highest spot of my personal wish list as well, even before custom offline championships.
I wonder why nobody from SMS / testers / mods has answered this question ?
Is it a highly kept secret ?

Mahjik
28-06-2017, 12:45
It's a conspiracy...

F1_Racer68
28-06-2017, 14:45
It's a conspiracy...

Isn't everything?

Fanapryde
28-06-2017, 14:45
It's a conspiracy...Yeah, I thought as much... :loyal:
I do hope I'm in for a pleasant suprise next september (I did pre-order on Steam today...)

FS7
28-06-2017, 20:45
I'd love to have private qualifying, it really sucks when AI ruin my quali laps.

Konan
28-06-2017, 20:47
All part of the immersion mate...:cool:

FS7
28-06-2017, 21:01
All part of the immersion mate...:cool:
Sorry, but I don't see AI blocking me during their outlap as immersion, especially taking into account drivers get penalty for that irl while AI doesn't.

dault3883
28-06-2017, 22:58
Sorry, but I don't see AI blocking me during their outlap as immersion, especially taking into account drivers get penalty for that irl while AI doesn't.

agreed there FS7 especially when they are a lap down from you or you are putting them down a lap

Konan
29-06-2017, 04:20
It's a PITA but it DOES happen IRL (less often though)...

Javaniceday
30-06-2017, 20:23
I wish....

In the career mode, I want to see random weather that works - I also want to see team offers that coming in in an organic way. For instance, just simply winning a championship and bam, you get invited to join Any team in the next tier up - kinda artificial.

The way it should be, certain teams in different leagues have different requirements. Team A in a higher tier will offer a contract if you win a certain % of races you compete in after, say, 20 races. Team K will offer a contract if you win 3 races in a row - and won't wait for the season to end - they'll offer to buy you out of your current contract. Team B in the same tier will only offer a contract if you've shown competitiveness in the same league in a slower team. Team C will only hire you if you've driven for Team C through lower tiers. Team A will NOT hire you if you've driven for Team C. Team D will not hire you if you jump teams a lot in lower tiers. But Team G won't care about loyalty as long as you perform - and are quick to fire you if you don't meet their goals. Team H will only hire 2 time world champions in the same tier. And Team J will only hire drivers who are champions in multiple lower tiers - no matter which branch.

Things like that. That'd be dope af. You know it, haha.

breyzipp
30-06-2017, 20:36
I'd like to see single player leaderboards in the game. The game will have 189 cars at launch and another 32 via DLC. I would really like to see each track have its own single player scoreboard so that when I drive a certain track with all cars in game, those would be listed in order of which ones are the quickest.

dault3883
30-06-2017, 20:58
I'd like to see single player leaderboards in the game. The game will have 189 cars at launch and another 32 via DLC. I would really like to see each track have its own single player scoreboard so that when I drive a certain track with all cars in game, those would be listed in order of which ones are the quickest.

you could essentially have a contest with yourself to find which car fits your driving style best. Because like i have said before peoples driving style is like a finger print every ones is slightly different essentially no two are the same. that being said its with in reason that some cars would suit some driving styles better than others. For instance i find that the Mclaren 12c fits mine quite well

FS7
30-06-2017, 21:12
In the career mode, I want to see random weather that works
Also it would be nice if SMS worked out the weather in career so that it works properly in shorter session lengths. For instance if I'm doing a 10-15 minute qualifying weather should be fixed, it makes no sense having 2-3 different weather slots in a 10-15 minute qualifying session, same goes for races.

Javaniceday
30-06-2017, 21:53
Also it would be nice if SMS worked out the weather in career so that it works properly in shorter session lengths. For instance if I'm doing a 10-15 minute qualifying weather should be fixed, it makes no sense having 2-3 different weather slots in a 10-15 minute qualifying session, same goes for races.

100% How the weather worked was never, ever clear in pCARS. How the weather acceleration affected the slots, how long each one was, etc.

I sure hope the new system is clear, simple, and effective.

TexasTyme214
01-07-2017, 02:42
100% How the weather worked was never, ever clear in pCARS. How the weather acceleration affected the slots, how long each one was, etc.

I sure hope the new system is clear, simple, and effective.

This was explained at one point. Real weather speed means each slot lasts an hour. However, the transition time between one slot to the next is random. You can have clear to rain at real speed, and the rain could start 15 minutes after the clear started. It's not 100% rain until 45 minutes later in this case.

damys
06-07-2017, 08:19
i think there are a lot of new cool features..this is enough :) maybe in-game car customization

Roger Prynne
06-07-2017, 08:43
i think there are a lot of new cool features..this is enough :) maybe in-game car customization

Sorry but that's never going to happen.

Invincible
06-07-2017, 08:50

Never say never. Although I think it's highly unlikely to happen. Pcars 10 maybe.

Konan
06-07-2017, 12:02
Never say never. Although I think it's highly unlikely to happen. Pcars 10 maybe.

I think you can safely add a zero to that...

RacingAtHome
06-07-2017, 14:01
I wish the Opel Astra TCR and BMW Super 2000 weren't in the same class. :p

hkraft300
06-07-2017, 14:39

Livery creator falls under customisation, no? ;)

FS7
06-07-2017, 14:39
Maybe SMS could release a game called "Project Car Builders" for people that care more about car customizing than actual racing. Taking into account the customizing options available in the Shift games and all the car knowledge & attention to detail that SMS has shown so far in PCars1 & PCars2 I'm sure PCB with extensive detailed options for performance & visual customization would be a huge success.

Mahjik
06-07-2017, 14:47
The "upgrades" where struck down in PC1. Highly unlikely to ever see them in the Project CARS series. Doesn't mean SMS won't create another title with upgrades but it's highly unlikely to be in the Project CARS series.

Cholton82
06-07-2017, 17:54
I'd love to see real time lost in a practice and qually session for repairs , something that can really hamper your race weekend when you bin it .

hkraft300
07-07-2017, 00:14
:) maybe in-game car customization

Garage > Edit tuning setup

;)

microlomaniac
15-07-2017, 11:36
I wish for 2 bugs to be fixed that have been there in pCARS1 since day one:

- the fact that I have never been able to launch pCARS without renaming the logitech gaming software's LWEMon.exe to something else (persistent on multiple systems after multiple reinstalls of Windows 8, 8.1, 10) (there was a thread about this on the WMD forum)

- the fact that Photo Mode still doesn't work on Ultrawide displays (displays/stores screenshots in wrong aspect ratio)

F1_Racer68
15-07-2017, 12:11
What?? I never had to do that with the Logitech software and never had an issue with it when I was running it. I ran 2 years in pCARS with my G27 under both Win7 and Win10. I only just stopped using the G27 a month ago when I upgraded my wheel.

Roger Prynne
15-07-2017, 12:34
I never had that problem either when I used to use it, I just disable it now out of preference.

Silraed
15-07-2017, 14:41
Used the Logitech profiler since day one, never had the game not start properly.

Roger Prynne
15-07-2017, 14:44
I did used to happen when it wasn't already running before you started the game though, that was/is a common problem for some.

microlomaniac
15-07-2017, 23:28
Yeah, and it's kind of strange - it steals focus from pCars after launching it, pCars minimizes. But it steals focus again everytime I un-minimize pCars.

@Roger: Thanks for that hint. I never have the profiler running before launching the game (I always minimize the amount of useless backgroud processes). Maybe that's why others don't have that problem. I'll try launching it before launching PCars.

As for the photo mode aspect ratio bug - that can't be just me, right? (they even show up stretched vertically when displayed in game)

/edit
IT'S AMAZING - I finally found out how to reproduce this bug. It really works when I launch LWEmon.exe before launching PCars. ...but also works when LWEmon.exe just doesn't exist, so... ;)

Mad Al
15-07-2017, 23:50
From a WMD thread - pCars Minimizes on startup and I can't restore (bring back fullscreen))

With Logitech wheels, you have to start the Logitech Profiler software before you start pCars, otherwise starting pCars results in Logitech profiler starting itself and minimising pCars. I don't know if there is the equivalent problem with any Thrustmaster software.

^
The only way I found to be the most reliable, is to just manually start the Profiler before starting pCARS, then close it (X). All fine, pCARS stays in focus.

dault3883
15-07-2017, 23:55
From a WMD thread - pCars Minimizes on startup and I can't restore (bring back fullscreen))

my logitech profiler starts on Computer start up so i dont have to worry about this problem only to turn on crew chief before i do

Roger Prynne
15-07-2017, 23:55
Or you can just have it start with Windows.... problem solved, but you're better off without it anyway.

Edit: Ahhh Ninjad by the yank :cower:

F1_Racer68
15-07-2017, 23:58
Or you can just have it start with Windows.... problem solved, but you're better off without it anyway.

Yeah, I've completely gotten rid of it too now....

Mainly because I replaced it with the Fanatec drivers for my shiney new CSWv2.5 :p

Mad Al
15-07-2017, 23:58

Could be worse.. being yanked by the Ninja...

F1_Racer68
15-07-2017, 23:59

:eek:

Roger Prynne
16-07-2017, 00:01

That's gota hurt.

Mad Al
16-07-2017, 00:03
That's gota hurt.

And being a Ninja.. you'd never even see it coming.. :hororr:

dault3883
16-07-2017, 00:09

as they say in baseball Missed it by That much LOL

deluca_pabloj
17-07-2017, 15:59
I started this thread to share all suggestions based on Project Cars 1 experiences in PC. Especially in setting, FFB, graphical settings, camera, car setups, and all the things we have realized in Project Cars 1.
For example, Iīve read a lot of reviews or comments that FFB is bad, but then I realized it was because the game comes with the Default mode selected in Controller/FFB settings. Changing to Classic Mode, itīs one of the best FFB Iīve tested, but the setting you have to change is not in a visible menu, you have to find it and test it, so you need some time playing the game to do it. Then you have to set up FFB for each car as well, but the Controller setting is applied to all the cars and tracks.
Thanks for replying, hope this things can be read by developer team and have them in mind for Project Cars 2.

amazed
17-07-2017, 16:05
Any suggestions are a bit late in the day for a September release.... ;)

dault3883
17-07-2017, 16:47
Any suggestions are a bit late in the day for a September release.... ;)

but maybe updates later the release is never the FINAL cut there is already stuff they are saying that is going to be released post release date. Not including the DLC's

deluca_pabloj
17-07-2017, 18:18
Of course itīs late, but some changes can still be done. Another suggestion is the import/export option for car setups. At least in FFB settings for each car. The same car can become another with different settings. But itīs a lot of work to set all the FFB and setup for each car.

dault3883
17-07-2017, 18:33
Of course itīs late, but some changes can still be done. Another suggestion is the import/export option for car setups. At least in FFB settings for each car. The same car can become another with different settings. But itīs a lot of work to set all the FFB and setup for each car.

but thats reality and this is simulation and to quote Hkraft not simcade

hkraft300
17-07-2017, 22:30
Another suggestion is the import/export option for car setups. At least in FFB settings for each car. The same car can become another with different settings.

I leave that default.
The car doesn't change. It's physics reactions stay exactly the same. You're only changing the feeling you get at the steering wheel.
Like driving with sound suppressing ear plugs because you want your car to sound different.
Or, better: changing the equaliser levels in your stereo for more mid/treble/bass whichever you prefer more. Still same song.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 10:49
I leave that default.
The car doesn't change. It's physics reactions stay exactly the same. You're only changing the feeling you get at the steering wheel.
Like driving with sound suppressing ear plugs because you want your car to sound different.
Or, better: changing the equaliser levels in your stereo for more mid/treble/bass whichever you prefer more. Still same song.

I agree the only change is the felling in the wheel, thatīs exactly what I would like to import/export, to manage and share settings easily, understand?

OddTimer
18-07-2017, 10:55
I think with each DLC the game will receive a patch. We are looking at DLC every three months, 4DLC have been announced, so the game could potentially be patched 4 times...there is always room for improvements and ideas are always welcome.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 11:03
but thats reality and this is simulation and to quote Hkraft not simcade

I disagree, I only want to feel the reality in race, not in menus and options. Setting the FFB and car setup from zero only takes more time to get into de track. And in real life there is a group of mechanics that sets up the car, I only want to be the driver, not a mechanic and the driver.

A5R
18-07-2017, 11:10
Can't they give an option for the gamepad to have hand over hand steering animations as well? I mean, it is certainly doable as seen in many games like driveclub, dirt4, driver San Francisco, midnight club etc. I don't care if it looks twitchy. Just an option to enable it as it's very immersive.

hkraft300
18-07-2017, 11:12
I agree the only change is the felling in the wheel, thatīs exactly what I would like to import/export, to manage and share settings easily, understand?

On PC already you just download and replace ffb files, no?
On console you have to plug every value manually, from ffb to setup.

I know setup sharing will be available in pc2. Not sure if that includes per-car ffb or global (ffb calibration).

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 11:18
Another thing Iīd like in PC2 is a detailed manual for all settings about graphics, camera, game, etc. There are many options/settings I canīt understand, and the explanation on screen isnīt enought. For example: in camera/g-force I donīt understand the 0%-100% bar. If I select 100% in g-force the camera doesnīt move with track surface elevation or in hard turns or skids, but if I set g-force to 0%, the camera moves up and down in track elevations and moves to the sides in corners and I can feel the carīs weight. Is the bar wrong? 100% seems to be no g-force to me, and 0% all the g-force.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 11:30
What a great notice! I used the replacement of ffb files, but in game you canīt see selected settings, you see default settings. Thanks.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 12:58
Can't they give an option for the gamepad to have hand over hand steering animations as well? I mean, it is certainly doable as seen in many games like driveclub, dirt4, driver San Francisco, midnight club etc. I don't care if it looks twitchy. Just an option to enable it as it's very immersive.

Not likely to happen. I understand you don't care if it looks glitchy, but SMS does.

A5R
18-07-2017, 13:29
It doesn't have to be the default. Just hide it away in options. It might work perfectly if matched with speed. At high speed the rotation is limited but on tight corners it increases. If not possible, atleast increase the rotation a little more than the current 180 only.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 13:33
It doesn't have to be the default. Just hide it away in options. It might work perfectly if matched with speed. At high speed the rotation is limited but on tight corners it increases. If not possible, atleast increase the rotation a little more than the current 180 only.

No harm in "making the wish" as to what this thread is about....

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 14:15
Another thing Iīd like to understand in PC2, is the speed sensibility option in camera menu. In PC1 there are 4 slides I canīt understand, Iīve tried enabling and disabling this setting, changing the slide %, and didnīt noticed the change in graphics. Anyone knows what this 4 slides mean? Iīd like more information about those settings that you canīt find in another games. Any game with this number of settings must have a proper manual.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 14:42
Iīd like 5.1 sound support. Using Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, or any 5.1 technology for PC. In PC1 the sound has no options and is one of the things Iīd like to upgrade.

Fanapryde
18-07-2017, 14:59
Iīd like 5.1 sound support. Using Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, or any 5.1 technology for PC. In PC1 the sound has no options and is one of the things Iīd like to upgrade.
5.1 support is present in pCars1...
At least I can hear where the cars are around me, sounds of cows and sheep come from the right direction, crowd cheering, pit sounds, all OK.
Only 'issue' in some Front engine cars, I can hear the engine from behind me and vice versa...

Roger Prynne
18-07-2017, 15:56
5.1 is defiantly supported.
You can hear exactly where the exhaust note is coming from, tyre sounds (per wheel), suspension compression's (per wheel), bumpstop impacts, supercharger sounds, chassis flex (torsion flex for turns, bumps, braking etc), airborne particles hitting the panels and windscreen and lots more.
All these sounds you can hear exactly where they should be coming from.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 17:36
5.1 is defiantly supported.
You can hear exactly where the exhaust note is coming from, tyre sounds (per wheel), suspension compression's (per wheel), bumpstop impacts, supercharger sounds, chassis flex (torsion flex for turns, bumps, braking etc), airborne particles hitting the panels and windscreen and lots more.
All these sounds you can hear exactly where they should be coming from.

Excellent news. In PC1 I canīt hear front/rear difference. I have a Realtek HD Sound card.

deluca_pabloj
18-07-2017, 19:31
Another thing Iīd like in PC2, is the option to read PC1 configuration and start over this point. For example, graphics, FFB, camera settings, etc.
I spent hours changing those options and testing, trying to find the best value for each setting and options. When I got the game, it was another game. After hours of testing (I like changing settings and testing, I work doing this also), now I feel the FFB and camera are set much better than any other race simulator Iīve tested (I played race games for 15 years). But this "new" game resulted is a good start point for PC2, and Itīs an easy way to compare all the work you have made in this new version. I prefer to fell an evolution, but if it starts with the same default settings as PC1, Iīll feel going back, and having to test all settings again.

twistking
19-07-2017, 14:27
I would like to see some improvments on how you set up weather for an event.
To have weather random, but not compeltely arbitrary, it would be good to set up 4 (or maybe even more) slots, but have an options to randomize the sequenze of the slots, instead of using the arbitrary "random" slot option.
Also the weather forecast while in the event should be improved, at least in a way that the pit engineers weather warning takes into account weather time acceleration, so that you can react to incoming rain f.e.

details here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50833-Feature-Request-Random-yet-realistic-weather-progression-weather-forecast&p=1346123&viewfull=1#post1346123

Mowzer
20-07-2017, 09:24
Wish it was 22nd of September already :D.

dault3883
20-07-2017, 12:25
Wish it was 22nd of September already :D.

dont we all LOL

FZA
20-07-2017, 18:52
I wish pCars 2 had some officially licensed racing gear :distant: like Alpinestars/Sparco/OMP/Stand 21 suits, gloves and whatnot. Trivial stuff I know but I'm not a fan of those we have right now hah

dault3883
20-07-2017, 19:06
I wish pCars 2 had some officially licensed racing gear :distant: like Alpinestars/Sparco/OMP/Stand 21 suits, gloves and whatnot. Trivial stuff I know but I'm not a fan of those we have right now hah

i think there is more important stuff to have in the game than stuff like that the money for those licenses and development by the devs could be put forth towards more tracks and cars .

and honestly when your racing the car you cant see the driver suit or helmets and about all you can see is the gloves and thats if you have them on but really how much time are you looking at the gloves vs out the front of what ever car you are driving.

microlomaniac
20-07-2017, 19:39
I can't find posts about this, so here's another wish:

I wish to be able to disable the arcady start sound!

(the one that beeps at you when the lights go to green)
(Also, I'd love a FIA-style starting lights config, without the green lights, but that's just me, I guess)

It sucks me out of immersion every time.

dault3883
20-07-2017, 20:14
I can't find posts about this, so here's another wish:

I wish to be able to disable the arcady start sound!

(the one that beeps at you when the lights go to green)
(Also, I'd love a FIA-style starting lights config, without the green lights, but that's just me, I guess)

It sucks me out of immersion every time.

it amazes me how people let little stuff like that bother them LOL

FZA
20-07-2017, 21:08
details my friend! It matters :)

dault3883
20-07-2017, 21:25
details my friend! It matters :)

yea but in the grand scheme of things some stuff people fret over is just silly

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 21:58
i think there is more important stuff to have in the game than stuff like that the money for those licenses and development by the devs could be put forth towards more tracks and cars .

The people that do that type of marketing things aren't the ones writing code, creating 3D assets or working on physics. ;)

dault3883
20-07-2017, 22:00
The people that do that type of marketing things aren't the ones writing code, creating 3D assets or working on physics. ;)

maybe so Mahjik but you got what i was saying didnt you LOL

Mahjik
20-07-2017, 22:02
maybe so Mahjik but you got what i was saying didnt you LOL

Yes, but one doesn't stop the other. In the case of the OP's desires, Bandai would be focused on what hats, shirts and other materials could be sold with PC logos where as SMS is purely focused on development. So his/her desires wouldn't interfere with yours. ;)

dault3883
20-07-2017, 22:27
Yes, but one doesn't stop the other. In the case of the OP's desires, Bandai would be focused on what hats, shirts and other materials could be sold with PC logos where as SMS is purely focused on development. So his/her desires wouldn't interfere with yours. ;)

what the guy was referring to was having like Alpinestars, Adidas, OMP, Stand 21, Puma, etc uniforms, gloves and such in game. To me that stuff seems pretty much waste of licensing money to have on the suits and gloves in game. Since you cant see the suits really that much in game, and the gloves yea but still grand scheme of things not really important. Dont get me wrong id love them too but id rather have that licensing money go towards more tracks and cars

Roger Prynne
21-07-2017, 09:39
Are we talking about what's in game or the actual merchandise?
As it looks to me that some are talking at crossed purposes.

dault3883
21-07-2017, 13:00
Are we talking about what's in game or the actual merchandise?
As it looks to me that some are talking at crossed purposes.

im talking about the suits and gloves and stuff in game thats what i thought FZA was talking about correct me if im wrong

Ferrari-GT
21-07-2017, 18:11
I hope this time it wil have real names on single races. Not like on Project Cars 1 AI names like : Krevarikzsy, Ghenemo, Funnekotter, Buzoianu, Tomczyszyn. But more names like : Johnson, Martins, Van Garde, Dievenport, Heimann, Petersens, .....

amazed
21-07-2017, 18:33
I hope this time it wil have real names on single races. Not like on Project Cars 1 AI names like : Krevarikzsy, Ghenemo, Funnekotter, Buzoianu, Tomczyszyn. But more names like : Johnson, Martins, Van Garde, Dievenport, Heimann, Petersens, .....

Don't forget that the AI were named after WMD members, as they will be in PC2.

Mad LL
21-07-2017, 18:43
Those WERE real names from the WMD members.

A few members trolled the name submission process and their joke passed the proof-reading like the Tschumacker thingy, but apart from that, it just shows that the community was quite cosmopolitan. There was a Victor Johnson, a Marc Heimann, a Lars Petersen and five people named Martins just to use your examples.

There were only 2500 members this time around, a mandatory real name policy on the dev forum and the Paypal name used at registration was stored privately right on the profile page so actual fake names are even less likely this time.

EDIT : too slow...

Silraed
21-07-2017, 19:05
Also you might be surprised how many of those "fake names" are actually real names, there are a lot of languages out there in the world and near countless names throughout them all. I would rather have uncommon names from varying countries and languages than a full grid of Smiths and Petersons.

dault3883
21-07-2017, 19:06
Also you might be surprised how many of those "fake names" are actually real names, there are a lot of languages out there in the world and near countless names throughout them all. I would rather have uncommon names from varying countries and languages than a full grid of Smiths and Petersons.

agreed

then there is the awkward moment when the WMD member finds him racing his AI counterpart LOL

Konan
21-07-2017, 20:47
Those names most likely belong to WMD members...one of the perks (depending on the backing status) was your name given to an AI...

Edit: ok...there was another page i forgot to read...ninja'd multiple times...:rolleyes:

Ferrari-GT
21-07-2017, 21:00

A full grid with Smiths and Petersons, ...... thats taken my question for a joke. I'm not stupid and i know that it where the names of WMD payers, also i know not everyone has German, Dutch, French of English names. But some names are very doubt there real names. Better that you can change the AI driver names yourself, also on PS4, because now people do it but on computer (i cannot type pc (computer) because you think then of pc (Project Cars) !!!! yeah.

RacingAtHome
22-07-2017, 01:29
Those WERE real names from the WMD members.

A few members trolled the name submission process and their joke passed the proof-reading like the Tschumacker thingy, but apart from that, it just shows that the community was quite cosmopolitan. There was a Victor Johnson, a Marc Heimann, a Lars Petersen and five people named Martins just to use your examples.

There were only 2500 members this time around, a mandatory real name policy on the dev forum and the Paypal name used at registration was stored privately right on the profile page so actual fake names are even less likely this time.

EDIT : too slow...

Yeah. What kind of name is Jonathan Le Clerq? Obviously a fake.

Silraed
22-07-2017, 05:40
A full grid with Smiths and Petersons, ...... thats taken my question for a joke. I'm not stupid and i know that it where the names of WMD payers, also i know not everyone has German, Dutch, French of English names. But some names are very doubt there real names. Better that you can change the AI driver names yourself, also on PS4, because now people do it but on computer (i cannot type pc (computer) because you think then of pc (Project Cars) !!!! yeah.

It wasn't a literal statement, you took it too seriously. I want the AI names to give an impression of a global motorsport community, a coming together of people from all over the world to share a passion, and not a list of the most common names from specific countries.
Now I'm not saying all the AI names in the first game were serious names some of them are a little funny, but just because you aren't familiar with it doesn't make it's a fake name or mean it shouldn't be in the game.

RoccoTTS
22-07-2017, 07:25

But Jonathan Le Clercq does exist, he lives here (https://www.google.be/maps/place/Leclercq+Jonathan/@50.2075273,3.6071648,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8e0a63ca03866e91!8m2!3d50.2075273!4d3.6071648).;)

dault3883
22-07-2017, 07:31
But Jonathan Le Clercq does exist, he lives here (https://www.google.be/maps/place/Leclercq+Jonathan/@50.2075273,3.6071648,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8e0a63ca03866e91!8m2!3d50.2075273!4d3.6071648).;)

do you think its wise to give out other peoples addressess? SHAME ON YOU! LOL ;)

Konan
22-07-2017, 07:32

Wrong...he lives here:

Happily clucking away...LOL

P75
22-07-2017, 08:28
I'm a little sad to see the Ariel Atoms go, I had a lot of fun with those. Hope they're added at some point. Other than that I got nearly all my wishes granted in PC2.

Needless to say... I CAN'T WAIT!

dault3883
22-07-2017, 13:28
I'm a little sad to see the Ariel Atoms go, I had a lot of fun with those. Hope they're added at some point. Other than that I got nearly all my wishes granted in PC2.

Needless to say... I CAN'T WAIT!

you can still have fun with them on Pcars 1 its not going any where. And who knows they might be dlc we just have to wait and see

FS7
22-07-2017, 22:40
That's not so bad, I've heard names that are way worse.

Roger Prynne
23-07-2017, 10:05
^ Yeah, like cluck :highly_amused:

Fanapryde
23-07-2017, 13:38
Could it be possible to add AI in free practice mode ?
Like in AMS, there is a slider for open or private testing and in RF2 you can choose the number of AI from 0 (no AI) to ... It's is even possible to choose the other cars (though I rarely use that possibility).
So Free practice with other cars on track, like a track day...

A second (and to me more important question):
Is it possible to add controls for an alternate shifter ? The way that you can use either paddles or a sequential shifter, without the need to reassign controls each time you switch cars.
I want to get as close to reality as possible, so I only use the shifter that the car is equipped with. I shift with paddles / sequential / H pattern shifter, depending on the car that is used.
Paddles/H-shifter both work while using my Fanatec V2/SQ as long as the shifter is connected to the wheel base. If connected via USB, I lose that option. But in pCars1 I can't use my HE SQ shifter, unless I reassign the controls.

cluck
23-07-2017, 14:36
^ Yeah, like cluck :highly_amused::mad:

I used to like you, Roger. Funny how 3 words can change all that :p :D

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 15:00
Could it be possible to add AI in free practice mode ?
Like in AMS, there is a slider for open or private testing and in RF2 you can choose the number of AI from 0 (no AI) to ... It's is even possible to choose the other cars (though I rarely use that possibility).
So Free practice with other cars on track, like a track day...

Not sure this will ever be in SMS's direction. Anything is possible though! I just use Quick Race Weekend with a very long Practice session to accomplish the same thing...

A second (and to me more important question):
Is it possible to add controls for an alternate shifter ? The way that you can use either paddles or a sequential shifter, without the need to reassign controls each time you switch cars.
I want to get as close to reality as possible, so I only use the shifter that the car is equipped with. I shift with paddles / sequential / H pattern shifter, depending on the car that is used.
Paddles/H-shifter both work while using my Fanatec V2/SQ as long as the shifter is connected to the wheel base. If connected via USB, I lose that option. But in pCars1 I can't use my HE SQ shifter, unless I reassign the controls.

I'm not sure I understand you here. PC1 today supports multiple controllers. What you cannot do is use the same controller for multiple functions. I'll give an example:

I had a Logitech G25 with an ACT Labs Shifter. I had the G25 paddles set for Up & Down shift (so sequential) and the ACT Labs Shifter was set for Gears 1-6 & R.

What I could not do was use the ACT Labs Shifter in both a sequential mode for Up & Down, as well as for a gated shifter Gears 1-6 & R.

Are you trying to do the first or the second example?

Silraed
23-07-2017, 15:08
He's talking about being able to have two devices set for sequential shifting at the same time, so both the paddles and a sequential stick both assigned to the same action at the same time. I would love that feature also because it is a pain to jump from a GT3 into the Falcon FG and get into the session only to realise you forgot to reassign the up/down shifts to the sequential shifter.

Fanapryde
23-07-2017, 15:14
He's talking about being able to have two devices set for sequential shifting at the same time, so both the paddles and a sequential stick both assigned to the same action at the same time. I would love that feature also because it is a pain to jump from a GT3 into the Falcon FG and get into the session only to realise you forgot to reassign the up/down shifts to the sequential shifter.
^^ this.
I use the Fanatec shifter only as a gated H shifter, the Heusinkveld SQ obviously as sequential.
But as it is now I can use either paddles or SQ, depending on how I have them assigned in the UI.

Fanapryde
23-07-2017, 15:17
Not sure this will ever be in SMS's direction. Anything is possible though! I just use Quick Race Weekend with a very long Practice session to accomplish the same thing...
That is indeed possible. No real problem anyway.
As for the shifter assignments, see above (forgot to multiquote).

dault3883
23-07-2017, 15:21
^^ this.
I use the Fanatec shifter only as a gated H shifter, the Heusinkveld SQ obviously as sequential.
But as it is now I can use either paddles or SQ, depending on how I have them assigned in the UI.

dont you have the option in pcars 1 to assign say the paddle shifters for up and down shifts and then the actual 1st gear second gear and so on to the H Shifter?

they list 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and reverse and so on as assignments in the button assignment tab

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 15:24
dont you have the option in pcars 1 to assign say the paddle shifters for up and down shifts and then the actual 1st gear second gear and so on to the H Shifter?

He's wanting to assign Up & Down to more than one device at the same time.

dault3883
23-07-2017, 15:29
He's wanting to assign Up & Down to more than one device at the same time.

wouldnt having the actuall gears assigned to the different sections of the h shifter do the same thing though? other wise what use is having those gears being able to be assigned individually

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 15:39

^^ this.

This is on SMS's radar.

wouldnt having the actuall gears assigned to the different sections of the h shifter do the same thing though? other wise what use is having those gears being able to be assigned individually

No. He has three shifting devices:

1. Gated Shifter
2. Paddles on his steering wheel
3. True separate sequential shifter

He can only use two of the three at a time. i.e. if he has configured his paddles to be Up & Down, then then cannot use his sequential shifter until he reconfigures Up & Down for that device. He wants to use paddles for cars with paddles, and the sequential shifter for cars which sequential shifters. He can do it, but it requires reconfiguring Up & Down every time he moves between those cars. He's like to NOT do that. ;)

Fanapryde
23-07-2017, 15:52
This is on SMS's radar.
Thanks, would be great if that could be implemented :eagerness:

dault3883
23-07-2017, 15:53
No. He has three shifting devices:

1. Gated Shifter
2. Paddles on his steering wheel
3. True separate sequential shifter

He can only use two of the three at a time. i.e. if he has configured his paddles to be Up & Down, then then cannot use his sequential shifter until he reconfigures Up & Down for that device. He wants to use paddles for cars with paddles, and the sequential shifter for cars which sequential shifters. He can do it, but it requires reconfiguring Up & Down every time he moves between those cars. He's like to NOT do that. ;)

OK i get it now i thought he only had two shift devices not three LOL

P75
25-07-2017, 13:16
you can still have fun with them on Pcars 1 its not going any where. And who knows they might be dlc we just have to wait and see

Yes but it would be nice if I could have the cake and eat it too. ;)

Anyway, with all the new exciting features coming in PC2, I'm not sure I can ever go back to be honest.

dault3883
25-07-2017, 14:48
Yes but it would be nice if I could have the cake and eat it too. ;)

Anyway, with all the new exciting features coming in PC2, I'm not sure I can ever go back to be honest.

i love playing the older racing games im still enjoying games like F1 2012 and 2014 and wanted to get 2010 and 2011 but steam wouldnt accept the activation codes they gave me so i got refunds im going to splurge a little bit more and get F1 2016 it looks good and at a good price imo

deluca_pabloj
03-08-2017, 10:50
I wish a complete manual for all options in game. The idea of the game, I think, is that you could personalize your experience in all ways. Graphical, camera, sound, helps and options, setups for cars, controllers, ffb, etc. But we need a complete manual to understand every option and the result of changing it. Itīs very important. I still canīt understand many options in PC1, after 2 years...

Roger Prynne
03-08-2017, 14:02
^ You will see descriptions for a lot of the menu options in pCARS 2.

Vettel-ish
03-08-2017, 19:41
Helmet designs! Such a huge part of racing! All the Le mans drivers helmets to choose from, super cool stuff.

FS7
03-08-2017, 22:49
I wish a complete manual for all options in game. The idea of the game, I think, is that you could personalize your experience in all ways. Graphical, camera, sound, helps and options, setups for cars, controllers, ffb, etc. But we need a complete manual to understand every option and the result of changing it. Itīs very important. I still canīt understand many options in PC1, after 2 years...
I had the same complaint about PCars1, that's all improved in PCars2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxHP5pMd4mI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHpKrVk_ekY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07zCHc70Ea4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n6tS7Znqkk

deluca_pabloj
04-08-2017, 15:14
Excellent news and videos! Can you tell me anything about g-force setting in PC2?
In PC1, when I set a minor value, I started feeling the weight of the car, according to my g29 ffb. With the original 100% value, the car does not have a lateral weight sensation.

Schnizz58
04-08-2017, 15:17
I wish console users were not treated like red-headed stepchildren.

Konan
04-08-2017, 15:29
I wish red-headed stepchildren were not treated like console users...:p

Schnizz58
04-08-2017, 15:37
I wish red-headed stepchildren were not treated like console users...:p

Me too. Nobody should be treated like that.

poirqc
04-08-2017, 17:55
Me too. Nobody should be treated like that.

Is the FFB really dumded down. I'm not sure. Put aside the fact that you can't use the tweaker files on the console(While they can be really useful, it's a workaround imho).

Here's what's happening on paper. The globals are better tweaked per wheel. They should already be in the "best" working range(I'm not talking about how you mixe the forces). This part isn't really needed in the fore front. At some point, every wheel has an optimal range.

I view the sliders as "global per car" now. With those sliders, you automatically balance the forces in a way that works, while leaving the out the mathematical possibilities that don't work/worsen/etc... the FFB. In the end, i think this is the part that is subjective. This one is still available.

This time, if they had time to balance the cars against the new system, manual tweak shouldn't be necessary per car. Picking a mix of forces you like should work for all cars.

Wheel;) find out in september.

**I don't have any insider info, it's just my understanding of the new system

Roger Prynne
04-08-2017, 18:53
^ You just about got it.

poirqc
04-08-2017, 23:46
I just saw a video comparing pCars 2 on a pc vs a ps4 (https://youtu.be/D3fAuFsBuws?t=658). Seems pretty equivalent to me.

It's probably outside of SMS control, but is cross-platform play considered for pCars 2?

That would be really nice! :D

dault3883
05-08-2017, 02:57
Helmet designs! Such a huge part of racing! All the Le mans drivers helmets to choose from, super cool stuff.

While this would be cool for the open cockpit cars, it wouldnt really be of much use for closed cockpit cars, as you cant really see the helmets. I know the F1 series games do it but then again the cars are exposed on the outside. I feel that there is more important things for the game makers to focus on than creating a function for you to design a helmet that you cant even see in game, but thats just my opinion

amazed
05-08-2017, 09:01
I just saw a video comparing pCars 2 on a pc vs a ps4 (https://youtu.be/D3fAuFsBuws?t=658). Seems pretty equivalent to me.

It's probably outside of SMS control, but is cross-platform play considered for pCars 2?

That would be really nice! :D

Cross platform not available, unfortunately.....

Ferrari-GT
05-08-2017, 15:11
My wishes for PC2: That the AI cars also can be damaged and retired in a race ! Now you hit the wall a small part and OUT ! While the AI car smah against concrete wall with 320km/h and drive on ????????
Also possibility to change the drivers names. I know there names from donators, but let it stand for the donators to see there name, but i don't know a donator like exp: Sheill Szybrowskyzonov ..... so why not change into a neam you want in your personal private game at home! Not online, just personal for your own!

Konan
05-08-2017, 15:28
AI do get damaged and have accidents...
As for the names...that's probably not going to happen...the WMD members are proud to have their name in the game (and BTW payed for it)
If it were me,i wouldn't like it to be changed either...

E_Luckow
05-08-2017, 18:47
Just canīt wait

EmilGlockner
05-08-2017, 22:56
agreed

then there is the awkward moment when the WMD member finds him racing his AI counterpart LOL

I lost to myself several times. :)

EmilGlockner
05-08-2017, 22:59

do you think its wise to give out other peoples addressess? SHAME ON YOU! LOL ;)

Yeah, that's* him. Oh he will be so very angry about that**.
* not really
** nah, not really

dault3883
05-08-2017, 23:09
I lost to myself several times. :)

one would think racing your self would be easy LOL guess not ;)

Ferrari-GT
06-08-2017, 21:06
Then they can maybe use there REAL name !! I know its from ALL countrys but NOBODY in NO COUNTRY called like Tsboy233 or Gill4YOU ! Also if there sooo much names from the Easten (Oostblok int vlaams) means there sooo much people from poor countrys who pay for a game? :) Strange !!! Why not Ethiope names.
What i mean is: The names CAN BE on the game, NO PROBLEM for me !!!! But wit a option to turn it of AT YOUR HOME !!! NOT ONLINE WHY EVERYONE SEE IT !! What different is it if you see there names in your PRIVATE GAME from people you don't know ?????????????? WHY ??? I don't see the meaning why you see names of UNKNOWN people just because the choose to PAY for it !!!!!! In ONLINE = OK !!! But OFFLINE ALSO ???????????????????

dault3883
06-08-2017, 21:13
Then they can maybe use there REAL name !! I know its from ALL countrys but NOBODY in NO COUNTRY called like Tsboy233 or Gill4YOU ! Also if there sooo much names from the Easten (Oostblok int vlaams) means there sooo much people from poor countrys who pay for a game? :) Strange !!! Why not Ethiope names.
What i mean is: The names CAN BE on the game, NO PROBLEM for me !!!! But wit a option to turn it of AT YOUR HOME !!! NOT ONLINE WHY EVERYONE SEE IT !! What different is it if you see there names in your PRIVATE GAME from people you don't know ?????????????? WHY ??? I don't see the meaning why you see names of UNKNOWN people just because the choose to PAY for it !!!!!! In ONLINE = OK !!! But OFFLINE ALSO ???????????????????

i think your reading to much into it. Point is they paid to be WMD members, and if one of the benefits is to be a WMD member is to have AI drivers named after you then thats there right to have that. Personally why do you care what the drivers names are you only see them on the results page and when you are passing them or they are passing you if you have names on. It shouldn't matter what their names are. For all i care you could have two ai drivers named Timon and Pumba. It doesnt matter to me i will still try to Pass and or lap them no matter what the name id is.

most important thing to remember is we dont have a right to tell others how to spend their money personally i would never pay to be wmd but thats me i still see the value of it and if others want to do it thats thier decision and they have rights to the benifits of what they are paying for

Ferrari-GT
06-08-2017, 21:17
Because i don't race just for fun 1 race ! I do my own championship (because carreer mode sucks!!!!!) with there 5 or 8 grand Prix a season !!! I do my own calender in solo and write the names on a paper, then i must change the names on the paper into the names of my own championship ! I don't race 1 time Formula A the other time GT, no i do full seasons but at my own. On carreer mode Project Cars 1 fails !!!

dault3883
06-08-2017, 21:23
Because i don't race just for fun 1 race ! I do my own championship (because carreer mode sucks!!!!!) with there 5 or 8 grand Prix a season !!! I do my own calender in solo and write the names on a paper, then i must change the names on the paper into the names of my own championship ! I don't race 1 time Formula A the other time GT, no i do full seasons but at my own. On carreer mode Project Cars 1 fails !!!

names still shouldn't matter what they are there just names and its been said they are named after WMD members thats their rights no excuses or buts or complaints is going to change that

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 21:30
Guys, calm down. This thread is the "Make A Wish" thread. Regardless of whether it will ever happen or not, everyone is entitled to post their wish.

Mattze
06-08-2017, 23:24

Are there really names like Tsboy233 or Gill4YOU in the offline game? This would make the developers ridiculous. Never seen some kind of these names in PC1. The developer should force the WMD members to use their real names (or a name that sounds like that). Sheill Szybrowskyzonov sounds like a complicated polish name, but it's okay for me. Nevertheless, each name contributes to the immersion, otherwise they could save their money on licenses and drive in a Farrati, Darche or something like that.

peterCars
07-08-2017, 02:59
race engineer to include a steering (understeering or oversteering) component.
car management popup to remember and keep the last menu choice setting (for me it is to stay on fuel setting - if we cannot set that as a button/key in the first place, which would be preferable).
auto backups of settings - my system exited ungracefully last night and I lost all the settings (I had not manually backed up)
mid game save (probably the millionth request for it).
separate volume setting for tyre apart from general environment levels as I can never hear enough of them screeching.
being able to see the effects of changes to controller settings (steer, brake, accelerate, clutch) on the same page that they are made (rather than have to go to another calibration)
user named saving of car settings, rather than have to pin them to a track.
incorporation of jack spades setups and a race engineer style of selection as in (feels like a hovercraft).
@FS7 thanks for those videos, I preordered PCars2 last week.

edit: I can see the FFB flavors here, looks good, hope it feels good.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50958-FFB-Questions

Invincible
07-08-2017, 06:05
The developer should force the WMD members to use their real names (or a name that sounds like that).

WMD Members are forced to use their real name. Fictional names or even those who only signed up with a surname only aren't included in the game.

jinayl
07-08-2017, 14:18
Engine startup sounds (seriously). I have always wonder why devs don't add that feature, and maybe it has something to do with creating a smooth transition between a realistic, recorded startup sound and a less realistic engine sound when revving and going through gears. But nowadays engine sounds have improved a lot and they seem to be really good in PC2, so why not? It would add a good deal of realism and fun at very little cost.

Mahjik
07-08-2017, 14:56
race engineer to include a steering (understeering or oversteering) component.
car management popup to remember and keep the last menu choice setting (for me it is to stay on fuel setting - if we cannot set that as a button/key in the first place, which would be preferable).
auto backups of settings - my system exited ungracefully last night and I lost all the settings (I had not manually backed up)
mid game save (probably the millionth request for it).
separate volume setting for tyre apart from general environment levels as I can never hear enough of them screeching.
being able to see the effects of changes to controller settings (steer, brake, accelerate, clutch) on the same page that they are made (rather than have to go to another calibration)
user named saving of car settings, rather than have to pin them to a track.
incorporation of jack spades setups and a race engineer style of selection as in (feels like a hovercraft).
@FS7 thanks for those videos, I preordered PCars2 last week.

edit: I can see the FFB flavors here, looks good, hope it feels good.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50958-FFB-Questions

Engine startup sounds (seriously). I have always wonder why devs don't add that feature, and maybe it has something to do with creating a smooth transition between a realistic, recorded startup sound and a less realistic engine sound when revving and going through gears. But nowadays engine sounds have improved a lot and they seem to be really good in PC2, so why not? It would add a good deal of realism and fun at very little cost.

I think you two are going to be happy campers with what PC2 will be offering.. ;)

WMD Members are forced to use their real name. Fictional names or even those who only signed up with a surname only aren't included in the game.

To be fair, for WMD1, the names used within the game didn't have to be WMD real names. We were allowed to use anything that wasn't offensive or a celebrity's name. Some members used the opportunity to remember passed family members and/or friends.

jinayl
07-08-2017, 15:13
I think you two are going to be happy campers with what PC2 will be offering..
Great news!

Konan
07-08-2017, 17:06
To be fair, for WMD1, the names used within the game didn't have to be WMD real names. We were allowed to use anything that wasn't offensive or a celebrity's name. Some members used the opportunity to remember passed family members and/or friends.

Right...i forgot about that...anyway this time around only real names will be used...