PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS 2 SMS Approved WMD made Videos

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

A5R
17-07-2017, 19:46
Can someone make a video of the livetrack 3 feature where you can bring mud etc, onto the track? Also blocking track drainage and stuff if it's done.

Tank621
17-07-2017, 19:48
It's the future, after global warming comes ice age, which makes snow possible anywhere in the world.

Winter is Coming

David Semperger
17-07-2017, 21:12
Can someone make a video of the livetrack 3 feature where you can bring mud etc, onto the track? Also blocking track drainage and stuff if it's done.

These are the best example videos I know of. They show off all features of LiveTrack, although not during actual driving, but showing the various layers it handles with colored textures. Definitely read the video descriptions for comments on each part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yjgO0yylhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNiYDgv9I8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvu9I3DL_s

OddTimer
17-07-2017, 21:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXGNBhF9Cw

Vulcan game play....looks good, but sound not so much...

breyzipp
17-07-2017, 21:27
Also I think I'm going senile :nightmare:

Hey look, another global warming effect! :)

rosko
17-07-2017, 22:12
Can I drive f1 car on rally track?

Mahjik
17-07-2017, 22:26
Can I drive f1 car on rally track?

During development, yes. We aren't sure what will be restricted for the final release.

ripley
18-07-2017, 01:08
fantastic videos, very promising..and it seems you have covered all the aspects that missing from pc1.
in regards to graphics, when your dashboard blurred while you are using helmet cam, it also blurs cars in front of you, it doesn't look so good I think. it's not a big deal but do you consider to fix that ?
and I should say the biggest improvement graphically after pc1 is the lightning.. transitions, effects, headlights..just perfect.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 01:18
fantastic videos, very promising..and it seems you have covered all the aspects that missing from pc1.
in regards to graphics, when your dashboard blurred while you are using helmet cam, it also blurs cars in front of you, it doesn't look so good I think. it's not a big deal but do you consider to fix that ?
and I should say the biggest improvement graphically after pc1 is the lightning.. transitions, effects, headlights..just perfect.

It's optional.

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 06:16
Casscroute has a dream :)

BTW any vids I post are ones I found on youtube. I missed out on WMD2 and am kicking myself every day.

I like this video, it looks like the car responds to inputs and going over the edge much smoother and predictably than the first game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mQgjh9hM3o

Missed this post before but ran into it yesterday night. Apart from the obvious improvements (like handling and OMG, car sound! :p) what I also really enjoyed seeing was that the graphics overall seem to feel a bit "warmer". I always felt that PCARS1 graphics felt a little bit washed out, or lean a bit much to the cold colors of the spectrum and miss the warm color tones like red and yellow, even on bright sunny days. You clearly see that this is improved in that video. It's most noticeable for objects like trees and grandstands a bit further in the distance.

Love these PCARS1 to PCARS2 comparison videos but only like in this case when both PCARS 1 and PCARS 2 videos come from the same player and the same system. There are so many nonsense comparison videos out there where for example a GT:S beta player records on his PS4 in high quality and then compares that with a low quality PCARS 2 YouTube video, editing and re-uploading that which results in transcoding the PCARS 2 footage yet another time. Usually these people are even biased and deliberately look for a "bad" video just to prove their beloved game is the best one. :) So I'm really glad ProjectCARS.it (sorry I forgot your name but I know you post here as well :p) does these videos but keeps it in-house, just comparing PCARS1 with PCARS2. :) If you read this, would it be possible to do another PC1 vs PC2 comparison video but then with a slower car so the graphical environment doesn't sweep by so fast? And also 2 cars which are in both PC1 and PC2, of course on the same track. I think the Toyota 86 would be perfect for that. :)

EHM
18-07-2017, 07:09
Finally fixed the P1 sound, very nice. I knew the Mclaren V8s sounded way too digital and off tone in PCARS 1, Sounds pretty much perfect now. It only bothered me since I used the 12C in GT3 and the P1 for the Ring.

OddTimer
18-07-2017, 11:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXGNBhF9Cw

Vulcan game play....looks good, but sound not so much...

although I don't really like the sound here, too thin, the handling looks amazing...I've been playing at Silverstone on different cars in RFactor 2 for awhile and seeing how the car reacts in this video is amazing, very similar to what I experience in RF2...just looking at braking points, the player trying to break just a little later and the car gets twitchy, understeers, but it is still controllable and fun to drive....I mean, this is just me visually reacting to the video without ever having played the game, but it looks really good...fingers crossed this is a representation of the game's physics!

breyzipp
18-07-2017, 12:59
During development, yes. We aren't sure what will be restricted for the final release.

My like there is for the second sentense. I'm glad it's still under consideration and for me that means enough. Personally I'm not interested in such oddities but it's good to know the team takes the goofy combinations under the loop.

Mahjik
18-07-2017, 13:21
My like there is for the second sentense. I'm glad it's still under consideration and for me that means enough. Personally I'm not interested in such oddities but it's good to know the team takes the goofy combinations under the loop.

Well, it's more that SMS doesn't begin to lock things down for "what makes sense as a product" until the end. There is a lot of wacky things that can be done until they get into the phase when they are basically wrapping up the present. :)

David Semperger
18-07-2017, 16:58
Could someone record a hotlap for us at Zolder in the dry, either with the FA, FX, any of the Indycars or perhaps with the Lotus 98T? What I'm curious about is how the high curbs in the Kleine Chicane will affect the car when attacked aggressively. Having a replay of the lap from trackside cameras at the end would be perfect.

Jezza819
18-07-2017, 18:03
Missed this post before but ran into it yesterday night. Apart from the obvious improvements (like handling and OMG, car sound! :p) what I also really enjoyed seeing was that the graphics overall seem to feel a bit "warmer". I always felt that PCARS1 graphics felt a little bit washed out, or lean a bit much to the cold colors of the spectrum and miss the warm color tones like red and yellow, even on bright sunny days. You clearly see that this is improved in that video. It's most noticeable for objects like trees and grandstands a bit further in the distance.

Love these PCARS1 to PCARS2 comparison videos but only like in this case when both PCARS 1 and PCARS 2 videos come from the same player and the same system. There are so many nonsense comparison videos out there where for example a GT:S beta player records on his PS4 in high quality and then compares that with a low quality PCARS 2 YouTube video, editing and re-uploading that which results in transcoding the PCARS 2 footage yet another time. Usually these people are even biased and deliberately look for a "bad" video just to prove their beloved game is the best one. :) So I'm really glad ProjectCARS.it (sorry I forgot your name but I know you post here as well :p) does these videos but keeps it in-house, just comparing PCARS1 with PCARS2. :) If you read this, would it be possible to do another PC1 vs PC2 comparison video but then with a slower car so the graphical environment doesn't sweep by so fast? And also 2 cars which are in both PC1 and PC2, of course on the same track. I think the Toyota 86 would be perfect for that. :)

I couldn't agree more with this. A lot of the time it looked like everything had been bleached out and was very flat looking. Now everything seems to pop more. I really like the way the skies and the surroundings of the tracks looks in PCars2.

STEELJOCKEY
18-07-2017, 19:16
I saw something interesting the other day while doing some testing.

Up high where some clouds in the ske, but then a cloud that was obviously lower drifted across the sky. Neat effect.

rosko
18-07-2017, 20:30
Any reason why they dropped the real weather?

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 00:20
So nice to see Spa-Francorchamps in autumn and it looks absolutely great IMO. Here I am having played this track probably as one of the most ever in racing games, always sunny and green leafs with the possible ToD change to nighttime. But seeing it now in brown autumn colours, really really nice. :)

Never thought just the colors of the leafs could have such an impact to make a very well known track a bit fresh again. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BoZG5Xbh8c

honespc
19-07-2017, 06:50
^ Lovely. These are the kind of events I like the most. Pure 1 on 1 face off

Bow that I watch this video btw..., can the spotter and position marker both be used at once?

Invincible
19-07-2017, 07:26
Bow that I watch this video btw..., can the spotter and position marker both be used at once?

Yes. You can switch them off and on separately.

4dri3l
19-07-2017, 08:06
So many videos popping up, yet nobody talking about the force feedback. or about how it compares to other Sims or even to pcars1, or what have improved nor anything on that matter.. so weird...

Fanapryde
19-07-2017, 08:09
So many videos popping up, yet nobody talking about the force feedback. or about how it compares to other Sims or even to pcars1, or what have improved nor anything on that matter.. so weird...
Have you been cut off the internet lately and just rejoined ? :lemo:

casscroute
19-07-2017, 12:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-khjhhr0W1Q

maTech
19-07-2017, 13:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds_XkjylN7c

mizousk
19-07-2017, 14:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GMFk4tc3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7diQgaTSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3CkZPas_0

honespc
19-07-2017, 14:58
^ Road Cars handling looks like an incredible achievement in absolute terms. No racing game should pose a threat to Project Cars 2 when the time comes. Assetto Corsa..., what a joke. GT Sport? LeLz

Only thing..., I hope the grip on Ice over flat tarmac (the normal racing tracks) with Road Cars that ain't 4wd gets..., revised?. Driving a rally car or even a rwd one on gravel covered completely with snow is one thing. Driving a more oriented to road, regardless it's a supercar or not model on a flat tarmac surface covered on ice is a complete different story.

Yes. You can switch them off and on separately.Can we make either spotter or markers mandatory for everybody in online lobby?

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 15:32
Only thing..., I hope the grip on Ice over flat tarmac (the normal racing tracks) with Road Cars that ain't 4wd gets..., revised?. Driving a rally car or even a rwd one on gravel covered completely with snow is one thing. Driving a more oriented to road, regardless it's a supercar or not model on a flat tarmac surface covered on ice is a complete different story.

Just FYI, as of today there are only two tracks with "ice". The other tracks have "snow". Just wanted to point out as there is a difference driving on ice verses snow.

Kelderek
19-07-2017, 15:42
Can we make either spotter or markers mandatory for everybody in online lobby?

No.
They are player settings, can't be forced in an online lobby.

honespc
19-07-2017, 16:20
^ Any plans on re-evaluating the chances for at least making the spotter mandatory, even on Career?. I think those twwo should at the very least be decided by lobby host, so one of the two might be taken out from player's preferences territory, inside the options.

We could place the spotter option along with tyre wear, fuel consumption, etc, and be dealt with this the easy way.

Just FYI, as of today there are only two tracks with "ice". The other tracks have "snow". Just wanted to point out as there is a difference driving on ice verses snow.You mean ice is only in two rallycross tracks then?

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 16:28
Meine dammen und herren!

Ich habe eines videopgrafischen fohrstellung gefunden von allen fahrzeugen im Projekt Fahrzeug Zwei! In diezes video sind die fahrzeugen gesortiert auf klasse und nicht auf fabrikant!

Viel spas!

:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSII9-v2Jio

Tank621
19-07-2017, 16:39
Meine dammen und herren!

Ich habe eines videopgrafischen fohrstellung gefunden von allen fahrzeugen im Projekt Fahrzeug Zwei! In diezes video sind die fahrzeugen gesortiert auf klasse und nicht auf fabrikant!

Viel spas!

:P
Google translate is working well...

My daughters!

I have found a videoprofic position of all the vehicles in the project vehicle two! In diezes video the vehicles are sorted to class and not to fabrikant!

Have fun!

Mahjik
19-07-2017, 16:39
You mean ice is only in two rallycross tracks then?

There is the Sampala Ice Circuit and the Mercedes Benz Driving Events Ice Track.

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 16:43
Ice in real life is fun as long as its not on the freeway. Snow in real life is only sometimes fun.

Maybe its more fun flat out in a car with studded tires/snow shoes when you don't have to worry about getting killed?

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 16:43
Google translate is working well...

My daughters!

I have found a videoprofic position of all the vehicles in the project vehicle two! In diezes video the vehicles are sorted to class and not to fabrikant!

Have fun!

Hahaha, sorry. :) I speak Dutch though and that video is in German. Thought I'd throw my best unedited effort at German without cheating with Google translate or a spellingchecker or something. :) I'm sure Konan will get the humor of it... I hope. :)

hkraft300
19-07-2017, 16:50
I speak Dutch though and that video is in German. Thought I'd throw my best unedited effort at German without cheating ...

All of you speak English to me.
With an Australian accent.

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 17:04

Krieky I think we do all sound Aussie too

Konan
19-07-2017, 19:18
Hahaha, sorry. :) I speak Dutch though and that video is in German. Thought I'd throw my best unedited effort at German without cheating with Google translate or a spellingchecker or something. :) I'm sure Konan will get the humor of it... I hope. :)

I'll let it slide...this time.
But in case you forgot: English only please...:cool:

rosko
19-07-2017, 19:55
^ Road Cars handling looks like an incredible achievement in absolute terms. No racing game should pose a threat to Project Cars 2 when the time comes. Assetto Corsa..., what a joke. GT Sport? LeLz

Can we make either spotter or markers mandatory for everybody in online lobby?

AC is a very well respected racing sim outside this community, i would say its alongside rf2, r3e, iracing & automobilista. Pcars 2 is the one that needs to prove itself so lets wait till its actually out before you start writing everything else off.

Schadows
19-07-2017, 20:01
You mean ice is only in two rallycross tracks then?I don't think you can count them as RallyCross, more like "simple" ice racing. Think Andros Trophy.

DECATUR PLAYA
19-07-2017, 20:11

Good day Mate. I bet my Aussie accent is horrible.

honespc
19-07-2017, 20:31
AC is a very well respected racing sim outside this community, i would say its alongside rf2, r3e, iracing & automobilista. Pcars 2 is the one that needs to prove itself so lets wait till its actually out before you start writing everything else off.I guess you're referring to GT3, F1, etc racing cars in that game (even then they are meh thanks to the atrocious tyre model and the all over the place totally unrealistic uindersteer). Road Cars physics are among the worst out there, and that's what I was talking about.

Writting Assetto Corsa off when It comes to Road Carsa physics is just a matter of principle.

banner77amc
19-07-2017, 20:35
I wonder if someone will do a helmet cam video... Would like to see if they added some jostling physics to it.

Roger Prynne
19-07-2017, 20:44

I was going to have a Barbie this Arvo, so on the way home I stopped at the Bottle-O, it was Chockers with Grommets and Mozzies, I bought an Esky for the Slab and it was Sweet as. I gave the girl at the checkout a Pash and she said "Ripper mate, do you want a Root?" I replied "Call me next week and I'll Chuck a sickie."

When on the road again I pulled into a Servo after I'd hit a Roo, I checked the Ute and thought She'll be right. The guy on the pumps said "Good onya, mate!"

When I got home I put on my Togs and got ready for the Barbie.

Konan
19-07-2017, 21:00
...no worries mate...

FS7
19-07-2017, 21:14
Even for those who don't speak German this is an interesting video to watch, I didn't watch the whole thing but it showed the available liveries for several cars.

I'll let it slide...
Are you referring to the Radbull drift car in the video? :)

Konan
19-07-2017, 21:16
...what else? :p
Can't wait to get my hands on that one...

Roger Prynne
19-07-2017, 21:19
It's great fun I can tell you :biggrin-new:

Tank621
19-07-2017, 21:30
People are talking about drifting and Australia, time for one of my favourite qoutes

'I plucked her in first, gave it some jandal and F*** Yeah!'

And yes I know he's from New Zealand but it still seemed appropriate

rosko
19-07-2017, 21:35
I guess you're referring to GT3, F1, etc racing cars in that game (even then they are meh thanks to the atrocious tyre model and the all over the place totally unrealistic uindersteer). Road Cars physics are among the worst out there, and that's what I was talking about.

Writting Assetto Corsa off when It comes to Road Carsa physics is just a matter of principle.

No i'm not referring to those.

rRfactor 2
https://www.studio-397.com/

Raceroom Experience
http://game.raceroom.com/users/nrosko/

iracing
http://www.iracing.com/

Automobilista
http://www.game-automobilista.com/

rosko
19-07-2017, 21:38
Even for those who don't speak German this is an interesting video to watch, I didn't watch the whole thing but it showed the available liveries for several cars.

Are you referring to the Radbull drift car in the video? :)

And custom liveries? I've asked several time but can't seem to get an answer. Can anyone confirm what the deal is here. I really enjoy making car skins so this is a big deal for me if its in.

FS7
19-07-2017, 21:53
And custom liveries? I've asked several time but can't seem to get an answer. Can anyone confirm what the deal is here. I really enjoy making car skins so this is a big deal for me if its in.
At 7:52, Radbul custom livery:

rosko
19-07-2017, 22:09
At 7:52, Radbul custom livery:

Yes good news seems it is in, but unclear if only allows one. I think pcars 1 only allowed 2 custom liveries.

FS7
19-07-2017, 23:24
Yes good news seems it is in, but unclear if only allows one. I think pcars 1 only allowed 2 custom liveries.
Iirc PCars1 only allows 1 custom livery per car, not sure about it in PCars2.

breyzipp
19-07-2017, 23:32

Absolutely, and also his Project CARS 2 Showcase #01 video (same YT channel) which is the introductory video going through all the menus and options. I understand the German language most of the time and he seems to have some interesting background info sometimes as well. For example the reason that 1991 Audi quattro DTM only has the official Audi liveries and none from racing teams is because Audi wouldn't let them. And that goes 100% in line with that Audi S1 E2 quattro in Dirt 4 on the dealership always showing the racing livery and not just a dull monotome livery for the cars with weaker parts like every other car does in that game. Audi seems really nit picky with liveries. :)

What was also interesting is when he goes through GT3 and GT3 endurance, one of the differences between the cars as he explains is also that the "sprint" versions have white lights and the endurance versions have yellow lights as he showcases with the first endurance variant on the list (the Audi I think).

breyzipp
21-07-2017, 01:07
Didn't see this track or car much yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7diQgaTSw

STEELJOCKEY
21-07-2017, 02:20
I was going to have a Barbie this Arvo, so on the way home I stopped at the Bottle-O, it was Chockers with Grommets and Mozzies, I bought an Esky for the Slab and it was Sweet as. I gave the girl at the checkout a Pash and she said "Ripper mate, do you want a Root?" I replied "Call me next week and I'll Chuck a sickie."

When on the road again I pulled into a Servo after I'd hit a Roo, I checked the Ute and thought She'll be right. The guy on the pumps said "Good onya, mate!"

When I got home I put on my Togs and got ready for the Barbie.

avanuthago Rog

OddTimer
21-07-2017, 10:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wduXTLacHiQ

This is probably the latest build, ice tires have been rebalanced...it looks great! do you guys know if wet tires have been rebalanced as well?

breyzipp
21-07-2017, 10:35

This is probably the latest build, ice tires have been rebalanced...it looks great! do you guys know if wet tires have been rebalanced as well?

I can't tell how it feels but that grip sure looks very realistic! Will have to give this a try as well soon after release. :)

Roger Prynne
21-07-2017, 12:11

Everything is being balanced at the moment, final phase and polishing.

Silraed
21-07-2017, 12:27
Somebody should link that new updated snow video to the r/simracing subreddit since a lot of them denounced the game as pure arcade after the first video.

I think it probably would have made things a lot smoother if it was required for people to list the game build the footage was taken from in the title or video description for easier reference of outdated footage.

honespc
21-07-2017, 12:36
Perhaps we see there's less grip on ice than in the other videos due to the fact it's snowing. The videos where the grip on ice was far higher wasn't snowing. Perhpas devs have done the ice driving that way eventually. If the track is snowy but snow is not falling, then the grip is as we we saw in the odler videos (like the one with the Huracan at snowy Zolder). If snowing in a snowy track, then the grip level is what we currently see in this last video now.

Would have loved a ride on the RUF RT12 on a snowing Nords, like in this video. That would have definitely been one of the ultimate fun challenges ever in project cars- Too bad RUF ain't there anymore to test true men's skill at the wheel. Now we have the ladies original "variant" back called Porche, was it

VelvetTorpedo
21-07-2017, 12:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBjdJuGTpI

OddTimer
21-07-2017, 12:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBjdJuGTpI

I really like the new system. The fact it tells what position you should be on is perfect. I hope we can see the new flag system too.

banner77amc
21-07-2017, 13:12
I like this very much

A5R
21-07-2017, 13:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6FMrU_qZnE&feature=share
Apologies if you don't like commentary. Gameplay is gameplay right.

breyzipp
21-07-2017, 13:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6FMrU_qZnE&feature=share

Absolutely! Love seeing the career gameplay videos as that's the part I will hop in first. Quickly skimmed through the video since I gotta go soon but will watch it in full later.

honespc
21-07-2017, 13:41
"I can't stop in time"
<<Hier boy, bigga discz foo' ya>>

OddTimer
21-07-2017, 13:50
why did the AI stop less than 2 laps to the end of the race? he ended up winding by 20secs, maybe if the AI was faster they would have caught up on dry tires?

Fanapryde
21-07-2017, 19:24
Commentary and driving aside, I did not see his AI settings (or I missed them), but I DO hope the settings are really, REALLY low. If not, racing career mode will not be much fun...
I also noticed AI pitting with two laps to go in a 8 lap race (like they sometimes did in pCars1), while not really necessary.
I know Raikkonen, Vettel and Verstappen did something like that in Silverstone, but there was an obvious reason for that (destroyed tires).

banner77amc
21-07-2017, 19:31
I think it changes with more aggressive AI... Seems they were not the aggressive types

Fanapryde
21-07-2017, 19:47
I think it changes with more aggressive AI... Seems they were not the aggressive typesIt's not so much the (non) aggresivity that bothers me, but they were awfully slow...

A5R
21-07-2017, 20:05
Commentary and driving aside, I did not see his AI settings (or I missed them), but I DO hope the settings are really, REALLY low.

The settings were at 50% at the end of the video.

Tank621
21-07-2017, 20:15
The settings were at 50% at the end of the video.

He shows the AI settings at 20.02 after he does an outro so it's easy to miss

MOV r0,r0
21-07-2017, 20:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEGdGw61uE

More controllable at extremes and smarter AI

Fanapryde
21-07-2017, 22:20
He shows the AI settings at 20.02 after he does an outro so it's easy to miss
Ah yes, I missed that, thanks.
A relief to see the AI were indeed at very low settings...:encouragement:

honespc
22-07-2017, 07:14

Didn't notice..., steering lock just around 360º or so?

hkraft300
22-07-2017, 09:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEGdGw61uE

More controllable at extremes and smarter AI

So fast. So furious.

Did you notice how the evo suspension moves and the car pitches as it spins in the replay? Seems so natural.

Konan
22-07-2017, 09:58

You sure like to use the word "lock" don't you...:p

Roger Prynne
22-07-2017, 10:48

It's whatever he has it setup for himself.

rosko
22-07-2017, 10:51
So fast. So furious.

Did you notice how the evo suspension moves and the car pitches as it spins in the replay? Seems so natural.

Yes this is why i wanted to see more of the softer road cars. Only thing i notice sometimes & happens in normal driving conditions as well is the car body or wheel goes into the surface too much. See 025. I don't think it really effects the overall physics which is the important thing.

Roger Prynne
22-07-2017, 10:58
^ Never use a replay to assess whether the physics are correct or not, you can only do that by actually driving the cars.

Mad Al
22-07-2017, 10:59
Yes this is why i wanted to see more of the softer road cars. Only thing i notice sometimes & happens in normal driving conditions as well is the car body or wheel goes into the surface too much. See 025. I don't think it really effects the overall physics which is the important thing.

The visual surface is made up of much larger parts than the physics surface, so they can be out a little bit (and obviously the rougher the driven surface the more possibility there is for displacement between the two..)

Think of it a bit like laying a plank on an uneven surface...

hkraft300
22-07-2017, 14:06
^ Never use a replay to assess whether the physics are correct or not...

I thought I paid a compliment to the quality of the replay.

Konan
22-07-2017, 14:34
You did...he wasn't commenting on your post...:D

rosko
22-07-2017, 14:49
You did...he wasn't commenting on your post...:D

what difference does it make to his point? :D Besides i wouldn't make a serious judgement on the physics based on anything let alone on replays, till i actually drive it.

Roger Prynne
22-07-2017, 16:01
I thought I paid a compliment to the quality of the replay.

Yes you did mate, I was just generalizing, and replying to the post above mine.

Johnny_91
23-07-2017, 12:04
Can someone post some footage of the menu in "private testing" an maybe some laps in a GT3 car, please ?

DinoM
23-07-2017, 15:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljF1znl9gU

No raindrops on windshield. Raining in the tunnel. ????
Do I start worrying?

breyzipp
23-07-2017, 15:49
Do I start worrying?

Yes absolutely, you should! Here are some tips (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/doomsday-preppers/) to help prepare for the worse.

Konan
23-07-2017, 15:53
Do I start worrying?

You do know WIP means Work In Progress right?

Edit: i only ask because for example in Dutch it means something totally different...:rolleyes:

breyzipp
23-07-2017, 15:57
You do know WIP means Work In Progress right?

Edit: i only ask because for example in Dutch it means something totally different...:rolleyes:

Ooh... not this wip? :(

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIMc5mbqLKt7Vs3A07SNpO8Fqfjx3cTcjCCvli7lKLREi8QFsj

... or this one?

<censored>

:p

Disclaimer - This joke is probably only for the Dutch speaking ppl.

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 15:58
Just FYI, SMS is aware of the tunnel "thing". DinoM, you were pretty active in WMD1 so you should remember the same discussion. They know how to "make it right" just as they did in PC1 (and every other racing title they have done with rain since 2005). Same with the windshield.

DinoM
23-07-2017, 17:27
Just FYI, SMS is aware of the tunnel "thing". DinoM, you were pretty active in WMD1 so you should remember the same discussion. They know how to "make it right" just as they did in PC1 (and every other racing title they have done with rain since 2005). Same with the windshield.

Yeah, ye! I know.
But now there are more cars, there are more tracks and there is not much time left to appear.

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 17:31
Yeah, ye! I know.
But now there are more cars, there are more tracks and there is not much time left to appear.

Those are the simple things where they just make a broad sweep of the cars and/or tracks (which they do before release).

DinoM
23-07-2017, 17:35
Those are the simple things where they just make a broad sweep of the cars and/or tracks (which they do before release).

My fingers crossed. I hope everything will be fine. Actually, this is the CARS we've been expecting from PC1. :o

Mahjik
23-07-2017, 19:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoBrXdN57nA

Fanapryde
23-07-2017, 20:52
^^^
Nice battle.
I wish those VR guys would keep their head steady while recording though :saturn:

Jezza819
23-07-2017, 22:39
^^^
Nice battle.
I wish those VR guys would keep their head steady while recording though :saturn:

I have a hard time watching the VR videos without feeling a little sick. If you remember a game called Burnout where you got points for how spectacular the crash was and the screen would spin around rapidly as you crashed into things. I couldn't play that right before going to bed because my head would still be spinning. :blue:

Fanapryde
24-07-2017, 03:50
I have a hard time watching the VR videos without feeling a little sick.
Hence my post. I really don't enjoy the movement, nausea is always lurking after a while. Which is why I am on triple screen setup, world movement as low as I can set it. VR is not for me.
I'm still wishing for a setting that keeps the horizon steady, wthout the dash of the car moving up and down so much. A little pitch and roll is OK immersion wise, but I don't like the effect on tracks like Cadwell, Bathurst, Laguna where the dash moves from under the screen(s) to close to the middle.:distress:
I'd be very happy with a slider to control (restrain) that.

David Semperger
24-07-2017, 10:10
Hence my post. I really don't enjoy the movement, nausea is always lurking after a while. Which is why I am on triple screen setup, world movement as low as I can set it. VR is not for me.
I'm still wishing for a setting that keeps the horizon steady, wthout the dash of the car moving up and down so much. A little pitch and roll is OK immersion wise, but I don't like the effect on tracks like Cadwell, Bathurst, Laguna where the dash moves from under the screen(s) to close to the middle.:distress:
I'd be very happy with a slider to control (restrain) that.

Isn't this what World Movement did in PC1? Can't remember clearly, but I do think there was a camera setting for exactly this.

BTW, is it true that the NDA on videos is back?

Fanapryde
24-07-2017, 10:38
Isn't this what World Movement did in PC1? Can't remember clearly, but I do think there was a camera setting for exactly this.
I guess it was supposed to, but it always has to be a compromise. WM to 0 freezes the horizon but then the car moves up and down way too much, sliding to higher values results in the horizon moving iirc (it has been a while since I touched the slider).

breyzipp
26-07-2017, 17:09
This looks so cool. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55CsbJdvhs

banner77amc
26-07-2017, 17:21
That looks so good that I now am getting the urge to book a trip to Hockenheim ring during winter just to hoon in the snow. Going to refrain due to the lack of money though.

rosko
26-07-2017, 17:47
This looks so cool. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55CsbJdvhs

Well its a small thing but i hope they fix the snow on the body work as it just looks like white paint. I agree though, i don't think there is another game out there where you could just set this situation up. I hope they keep those possibilities for the final release.

breyzipp
27-07-2017, 18:22
Winnie-the-Pooh themed shoes!?!?!?! :P
(or some other cartoon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_x0cL7dbL0

ramm21
27-07-2017, 22:09
Winnie-the-Pooh themed shoes!?!?!?! :P
(or some other cartoon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_x0cL7dbL0

LOL I like the glove box rear view cam. I don't know if you can have a worse layout in a car than this X-Bow- rear view should be where the RPM guage is, and the RPM guage should be just behind the wheel.

banner77amc
28-07-2017, 01:18
I hope there is a follow up tigger themed shoes video

28-07-2017, 03:41
LOL I like the glove box rear view cam. I don't know if you can have a worse layout in a car than this X-Bow- rear view should be where the RPM guage is, and the RPM guage should be just behind the wheel.

You should be glad that you have a rear view mirror, while the real-life X-Bow GT4 doesn't even have one :P
https://static.moniteurautomobile.be/imgcontrol/images_tmp/clients/moniteur/c680-d465/content/medias/images/test_drives/7000/900/30/KTM-x-bow-GT4-04.jpg
clearly that motorbike engineers from KTM know where to place a rear view mirror on a GT4 race car

honespc
28-07-2017, 07:24
This car is going to be the OP one in the GT4 category. Just little more than 360º rotation; light weight..., I can foresee already

VelvetTorpedo
28-07-2017, 13:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqq3xa_dfI

cmch15
28-07-2017, 15:23
What I assume is the latest iteration of the V8SC. The drive and audio have been massively improved over PC1. Like the effects the bumps have on engine note now too. Added to my list of "first things to do". Just need Adelaide and Philip Island DLC (maybe one day) :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
0RtvIJEzslo

RacingAtHome
28-07-2017, 15:42
What I assume is the latest iteration of the V8SC. The drive and audio have been massively improved over PC1. Like the effects the bumps have on engine note now too. Added to my list of "first things to do". Just need Adelaide and Philip Island DLC (maybe one day) :-)

0RtvIJEzslo

Man. The AI are so much better at T1 now. Unless it's just this circuit which I doubt.

banner77amc
28-07-2017, 15:55

0RtvIJEzslo

Yeah I think one or two more Aussie tracks would be fun to have.

Konan
28-07-2017, 17:17
Man. The AI are so much better at T1 now. Unless it's just this circuit which I doubt.

...they do improve on every build (including their starting ability) :cool:

hkraft300
28-07-2017, 18:42
...they do improve on every build (including their starting ability) :cool:

SkyNet!

We're doomed... :hopelessness:

Schumi-
28-07-2017, 19:05
Quick question for the folks releasing videos, what capture software are you using ?

Thanks

Mahjik
28-07-2017, 20:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf2-hv8uugQ

Mahjik
28-07-2017, 21:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP91YIRdAyc

konnos
28-07-2017, 23:03
Did I understand this right? Does this mean we can have a 4k centre monitor and two 1080p side monitors as triples? Also, if I have a centre 144Hz monitor, does it matter if my 2 side ones are regular 60Hz? Sounds like awesome stuff so far.

STEELJOCKEY
29-07-2017, 13:25
In-car management - ICM. Manage your car and pit strategy on the fly

https://youtu.be/9n6tS7Znqkk

STEELJOCKEY
29-07-2017, 13:28
One for you breyzipp - Hankook series at Imola. Includes the ICM in action

https://youtu.be/lySzXdY__-c

honespc
29-07-2017, 13:58
^The rain leftovers forming mixed puddles with gravel is just top class. It's just too good to have these things.

I would have wished this game to have mandatory random weather applied to online races. It will be so sad to see 80% of the people you find online going for racing under California sunny-like conditions only. It felt too bad already to see it happening in pc1 with the already amazing weather feature we have enjoyed, and I'm sure it will happen once more now in pc2 regardless this top class whole weather system, that it is almost in our hands.

Just two months to go

Silraed
29-07-2017, 14:16
That puddle than hung around after most of the rest of the track had dried in the Imola video looked positively menacing. Can't wait, "only" two months :(.

Roger Prynne
29-07-2017, 14:25
That puddle than hung around after most of the rest of the track had dried in the Imola video looked positively menacing. Can't wait, "only" two months :(.

Or 54 sleeps :highly_amused:

Silraed
29-07-2017, 14:26
Not helping :offended:.

Mahjik
29-07-2017, 14:51
Did I understand this right? Does this mean we can have a 4k centre monitor and two 1080p side monitors as triples? Also, if I have a centre 144Hz monitor, does it matter if my 2 side ones are regular 60Hz? Sounds like awesome stuff so far.

Yes, although I'm not sure why you would do that, but yes you can have varying monitor resolutions/sizes.

rosko
29-07-2017, 15:03
can we directly control brake bias rather than menu diving? Something like brake bias is changed constantly so having to select from a menu would be a nightmare. for somebody like me who struggles doing multiple things at once im not really a fan of this idea. I think doing it for pit strategy is ok but i hope there is presets we can quickly access rather than scroll through menus @ 100mph+.

Mahjik
29-07-2017, 15:07
can we directly control brake bias rather than menu diving? Something like brake bias is changed constantly so having to select from a menu would be a nightmare. for somebody like me who struggles doing multiple things at once im not really a fan of this idea. I think doing it for pit strategy is ok but i hope there is presets we can quickly access rather than scroll through menus @ 100mph+.

For cars that allows brake bias adjustments, you can set a control to it and adjust it on the fly.

Yes, you can pre-create race strategies and select those on the fly while you are driving. The In-Car Management allows you to adjust those strategies (i.e. you define a rain, and dry strategy but with no damage repair... However, you pick up damage and want to repair with your next stop so you use an existing strategy but adjust it during the race to also repair).

Konan
29-07-2017, 15:21
Or 54 sleeps :highly_amused:

That's without counting "all nighters" right? :p

Fanapryde
29-07-2017, 15:45
For the cars that had this possibility, we already could control BB in pCars 1, so I guess this has not changed for pCars2 ?

Eidt, treed...forgot to check the next page...

Eric Rowland
29-07-2017, 16:54
Can't wait, "only" two months :(.

My current sims better enjoy themselves now because they're going on the back burner behind the back burner after 9/22......

Mahjik
29-07-2017, 18:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf2-hv8uugQ

BTW, check out the sound as the driver hits the puddles.. ;)

Schadows
31-07-2017, 09:26
I would have wished this game to have mandatory random weather applied to online races. It will be so sad to see 80% of the people you find online going for racing under California sunny-like conditions only.To be honest, races IRL takes place at least 80% of times under dry conditions (you might remove UK from this statistic >__<). But I understand what you mean. The unexpected is also what make racing that much enjoyable.

breyzipp
31-07-2017, 09:46
To be honest, races IRL takes place at least 80% of times under dry conditions (you might remove UK from this statistic >__<). But I understand what you mean. The unexpected is also what make racing that much enjoyable.

I guess it's the same as in real life, if you have a sporty car and want to go to a track day, would you prefer to do it on a sunny day or a rainy day? ;)

Schadows
31-07-2017, 09:49
Depends if you have money for tires >__<

cmch15
31-07-2017, 10:02

Particularly good video this one. The second pitstop (7:15) is cool to watch the car in front get serviced.
Sun glare was always good in PC1, but that morning sun (9.10) going up the hill after the hairpin is awesome.

banner77amc
31-07-2017, 12:52
^^^ Awesome stuff this is :)

konnos
31-07-2017, 13:34
Yes, although I'm not sure why you would do that, but yes you can have varying monitor resolutions/sizes.

Well for obvious financial reasons. I was thinking a good center monitor, either a 144hz or a 4K and two regular monitors for each side. Just some thoughts I ve been having...

Aile_Bleue
31-07-2017, 13:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iZTy0Zh2I

Fanapryde
31-07-2017, 15:23
Particularly good video this one. The second pitstop (7:15) is cool to watch the car in front get serviced.
Sun glare was always good in PC1, but that morning sun (9.10) going up the hill after the hairpin is awesome.
That is really nice (though these recording guys should keep their heads still) :D

One thing keeps me wondering though: the pit crew used a center nut wheel gun to change 5-bolt wheels ? No big deal, but I instantly noticed that... :nightmare:

GenBrien
31-07-2017, 15:46
dont know if it'll be doable, but steering animation should recenter once you're in your pitbox. looks silly to have the wheel turned while they are changing tires

cmch15
31-07-2017, 18:35
That is really nice (though these recording guys should keep their heads still) :D

One thing keeps me wondering though: the pit crew used a center nut wheel gun to change 5-bolt wheels ? No big deal, but I instantly noticed that... :nightmare:

The same with VR. I guess it looks natural and very immersive in car but it doesn't translate well when watching it back. Steel Jockey seems to keep it fairly steady though. I can't play with "look to apex" and world movement/gforce on.

I did see the single gun but the fact the game recognises the difference between multi and single nut, I think it's likely the wheelman will probably have a different tool in his hand at some point :-)

breyzipp
31-07-2017, 20:38

Thanks for the video, only just now watched it. 2 important questions though about the ICM:

1) the 2-digit number next to fuel, is that the amount of liters or the amount of estimated laps? Really hope it would be laps as that value is far better than the raw liters.
2) can you still use the ICM when you pauze the game? or is there a way to take your time to set it all up into detail when you are not racing? I kinda liked the PC1 way as well where you did it just after entering the pits. Don't get me wrong though I absolutely love the ICM when you set your strategies aforehand, know what they are and you quickly decide what to do on the fly. But I'm sure during the race there will be those "ooh f*** I forgot to set strategies aforehand" moments where you might just want to pauze the game and take your time to do them right.
3) thanks for the video, great stuff! Imola isnt my fav circuit (its fine, but nothing more IMO) and apparently I never raced in the dark there in PC1 but I like the feeling of it at night. Great sound too from that Porsche GT4. Ooh and loved to see those 2 puddles dry up round after round near the end of the video. :)

Mahjik
31-07-2017, 21:28
You can edit the ICM over a few laps (i.e. when it closes, it doesn't lose what changed). I usually just do edits down long straights, and take my time over two or three laps. Depending on the track, some of the pit lanes can take a while so you also have time there to edit your strategy. Keep in mind, you mainly only need to ensure your strategy is set. You should only need to use more functions of the ICM to do alterations to your strategy.

Eric Rowland
01-08-2017, 01:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iZTy0Zh2I

Does anyone else feel that the headlights do not shine far enough up the road. It's as though the 962 is out-running the light beams. You would not want to drive Nords without being able to see where you were going and driving only by guesswork! I hope the sim does not ship like this or that there is an in-game adjustment available.

STEELJOCKEY
01-08-2017, 05:38
Eric, I think he was driving in the fog as well, and apparently this can't be seen as well in the video as in the HMD. So lights wouldn't shine as far at night with fog too. It's really hard to translate what you are seeing in VR onto a normal monitor. You just have to be there to understand. If what you see in the videos make you go "wow", wait till you try VR!

Breyzipp, you can set a pit strategy and it will run automatically, so no need to touch anything. But you could also set several strategies, like a dry, and wet, so as the race unfolds, you can bring up the ICM and select which one you want. This is what I did, knowing I was starting in the dry, then needed a wet set of tyres, so set it up, selected as default, and it ran automatically. Then I had a second dry pit strategy organized for when the track was going to dry out later, and after the wet strategy was implemented, I used the ICM to change to the dry one for later in the race. If you happen to be bold enough to choose random weather, this could be handy to have several strategies ready, and pick the one you need. Quick to do as you enter the pit lane, and other bigger changes can be done a bit at a time over several laps/straights if needed, as Mahjik said.

Also, the numbers next to fuel are litres (or gallons I would presume if set to imperial - but I don't use imperial so can't confirm that). I think you'll find that quite realistic, as race engineers would be calculating how many litres per lap, and as every driver is different with throttle application, and also using fuel conserving methods if needed, this would be something you would need to do work out how many litres you'll need to add, rather than say "I need 10 laps of fuel". Of course, maybe in PC3.........hmmmmm

breyzipp
01-08-2017, 06:53
Hmmm ok but how do I know how many liters I need then? PCARS1 made a pretty decent estimation of that. I'm the type of driver that enjoys to swap around cars and tracks a lot of time so I'm really quite clueless on how many I would need. Can figure it out during practice I guess but it would be nice to see the estimated laps from a certain quantity of fuel again like in PCARS1.

Like you said, calculating this is for the engineers, not for the driver. :P

konnos
01-08-2017, 08:57
Does anyone else feel that the headlights do not shine far enough up the road. It's as though the 962 is out-running the light beams. You would not want to drive Nords without being able to see where you were going and driving only by guesswork! I hope the sim does not ship like this or that there is an in-game adjustment available.

That is quite normal for racing. Because of the speed, the light is not enough to provide a comfortable driving experience. It is foggy but like others have said, it is not so obvious from the video visuals (weird that it isnt) so light will get filtered even more.

Also a lot of racecar drivers have said that the headlights dont shine as much light as you need or you think they would, so it might be actually be realistic like this, you shouldn't be able to drive like it's daylight. Add into this that there is no track lighting (on top of fog), like a circuit would have, and I think the result is not too bad at all. It forces you to drive by memory if you want to go as fast as during the day. And it forces you to hold back if you don't know it.

Aile_Bleue
01-08-2017, 09:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECGzKPwLL0

LmP 2 Gameplay !!

Roger Prynne
01-08-2017, 10:05
We need more track side camera videos, getting fed up of all these VR and cockpit one's now.

Aile_Bleue
01-08-2017, 10:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZj3sPweSA8

Career !!!

honespc
01-08-2017, 11:07
We need more track side camera videos, getting fed up of all these VR and cockpit one's now.Absolutely.

Also, I might have missed them, but I haven't seen any new videos featuring the Mercedes Ice Ride Track, with fast good driving on them I mean. The only ones I find are those horrible ones from February.

Career !!!¡Olé!

banner77amc
01-08-2017, 12:24
I do like the way career mode is set up now. Tastefully done and simple.

Konan
01-08-2017, 13:19
We need more track side camera videos, getting NAUSEOUS of all these VR and cockpit one's now.

FTFY

breyzipp
01-08-2017, 13:22
Less VR yes, less cockpit hell no! :)

I would like Roger to make me some helmet camera videos. ;)

APR193
02-08-2017, 09:01
Having seen two GT1 videos I'm concerned the Panoz is far too slow and in need of a speed increase. I'm a big fan of the car but wasn't expecting it to be quite as fast as the Porsche/Merc/Toyota in GT1, but it looks as though it currently belongs in another class.

The first video I saw was on Daytona where the player and one AI were using the Panoz. Both were lapping around 10 seconds a lap off the front running cars in class and ended the three lap race around 30 seconds off the front, and left for dead by everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmatqRBlsY

The second was on Bathurst, where there was one AI using the Panoz, which started the race in 2nd place. Towards the end of lap 1, after the player overtakes the car over the top of the mountain, the Panoz slips down off the top 6 leaderboard on the hud, and at the time was around 8 seconds off the leader, having started next to them less than a lap ago. So about 10 seconds a lap again give or take considering there was still the majority of the back straight and the last few corners to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8otef-YP4

This seems way too much surely? I've noticed from the car list videos that in the car select menu it is running around 100HP down on what it did in 97/98 and around 600/700 pounds heavier than it should be.

Apologies if this is known and simply still being tweaked, in which case ignore everything above. :p

gregc
02-08-2017, 10:03
The Panoz is on placeholder physics at the moment, so ignore it's performance.

APR193
02-08-2017, 10:08
The Panoz is on placeholder physics at the moment, so ignore it's performance.

Thank you. Didn't think it was finished but had no idea of how late in development stuff like that is still being completed, so wanted confirmation.

banner77amc
02-08-2017, 12:45
Thank you. Didn't think it was finished but had no idea of how late in development stuff like that is still being completed, so wanted confirmation.

Batmobiles are tricky to work on in a game ;)

Konan
02-08-2017, 13:41
http://youtu.be/y1mlJblkxyE

honespc
02-08-2017, 16:20
^Am I freaking out too much, or really noticing different ride height configurations in some AI cars?. Have a look at the rear of the car that is overtaken at "0:56", and then at the rest.

banner77amc
02-08-2017, 17:30
^Am I freaking out too much, or really noticing different ride height configurations in some AI cars?. Have a look at the rear of the car that is overtaken at "0:56", and then at the rest.

I saw shadowing that made the one look lower or higher than the others.

lancashirelad
05-08-2017, 16:28
http://youtu.be/y1mlJblkxyE One of the best SIM videos I've seen. Very realistic.

Bliman
05-08-2017, 17:16
I would like to know with the new tyre physics if it is possible to recreate the tyre wobble in F1
Like this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X3WZe4pwlA
I have something similar from PC2 in the old car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90jPLHWIMS4
But I would like to see it in a modern one like above to see if it could be so extreme?
Also I love to see slow motion clips like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTVo1otamos
Is this possible in PC2 because I couldn't do it in Project Cars (xboxone) I could only use the left trigger to slow motion the cars but I couldn't set the camera still?
When you could see the physics in slow motion, that looks so cool imo.

FZA
05-08-2017, 20:16
This example is really extreme indeed so I wouldn't hold my breath for that. However, slow mo videos from pC2 would be welcome anyway! Any volunteers? :excitement:

Mahjik
05-08-2017, 20:17
I would like to know with the new tyre physics if it is possible to recreate the tyre wobble in F1
Like this one?

Not likely from any sim currently available today.. Some of that will be simulated but not visual. As processing power increases over time, the physic rates can increase which will likely be able to do it someday.

Bliman
05-08-2017, 22:57
Ok thanks for the answer.
Is the slow mo shots possible in Project Cars2 for Xbox One and maybe for other platforms?
Or is that all postprocessing? Can you set for example set a static camera in replay and let the cars pass by in slow motion when they go in the corner or over the kerbs, to show off the physics?
Or is that not possible?
Wasn't the replay system overhauled or did I mistaken this from another game?
Must also say that the game looks great in every front and I am looking forward to dive in to it.

hkraft300
05-08-2017, 23:24
Wasn't the replay system overhauled or did I mistaken this from another game?

Yes it was, no you're not.
They've switched to a TV-like 30fps replay mode and it looks great.
But I'm not sure if you can do the Momo Slow-mo style videos at 30fps replay...

BUT there is that WMD video in slow mo of the kerb hopping Clio...

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 02:40
Is the slow mo shots possible in Project Cars2 for Xbox One and maybe for other platforms?

You can slow down or speed up in the replay menu. I'm not sure if it will be as slow as those "super slo-mo" videos, but you have three levels 75%, 50% and 25% of total speed.

Schadows
06-08-2017, 11:03
I don't know about consoles, but slo mo replays were also available in the first game on PC.

Bliman
06-08-2017, 12:32
Thanks for the answers.
I always found those slow mo shots very cool, like for example the WMD clio slow mo. Are those done with postprocessing?
I could never replicate those on xbox one.
I hope some time in the future you can do those shots, to me it looks very nice if you can see all these physics working in slow mo.

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 14:41
I don't know about consoles, but slo mo replays were also available in the first game on PC.

It only worked with certain controller configurations. For example. if you used a Logitech wheel and pedal setup, the slow motion controls were mapped to the pedals. However, if you kept the wheel but changed out the pedals, you lost the mapping of the slow motion controls.

I always found those slow mo shots very cool, like for example the WMD clio slow mo. Are those done with postprocessing?

Yes, those are done with post processing.

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 14:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abpEcaIpY-4

Schadows
06-08-2017, 17:31
Yes, those are done with post processing.There is a limit to post-processing though, since running the game at 60fps, and slowing the video down to 25% for example, would make the video run at 15fps (since post-processing can't create frames which were not recorded), which would be extremely bad.

Mahjik
06-08-2017, 17:37
There is a limit to post-processing though, since running the game at 60fps, and slowing the video down to 25% for example, would make the video run at 15fps (since post-processing can't create frames which were not recorded), which would be extremely bad.

I don't believe that's exactly how it's done. For instance, in music, you just double or triple a split second of a sound to double it. I would imagine with today's technology, they can create slo-mo effects without reducing the rate. I don't have the technical details of how they do it with video but I would wager they have the technique to do it.

rosko
06-08-2017, 17:40
They reduced frame rates to 30fps in replays? what about VR? watching a replay in VR is like being a spectator so i've no interest in looking like a tv replay. I also find a good slow-motion useful for analysing mistakes.

Schadows
06-08-2017, 18:13
I don't believe that's exactly how it's done. For instance, in music, you just double or triple a split second of a sound to double it. I would imagine with today's technology, they can create slo-mo effects without reducing the rate. I don't have the technical details of how they do it with video but I would wager they have the technique to do it.Of course, you can interpolate an image based on the previous and next image, but it would be blurry or have artifacts like ghosting (something that can be ignored when going at a relatively high framerate like reprojection do in VR, but not during slo-mo). And here, I'm only talking about reducing the speed by two, hence inserting/creating 1 image between 2 existing images. Going to 25%, that method wouldn't be usable anymore.

Anyway, you can see on youtube that plenty of people were doing slo-motion video of pcars 1 right from the replay tools, and not from external software.

They reduced frame rates to 30fps in replays? what about VR? watching a replay in VR is like being a spectator so i've no interest in looking like a tv replay.Being a spectator might be cool, although I have doubt about how good it would be to stay seated in the grand stands, while looking at the car pass without a big screen to follow the rest of the race, or any commentators.

rosko
06-08-2017, 19:52
Of course, you can interpolate an image based on the previous and next image, but it would be blurry or have artifacts like ghosting (something that can be ignored when going at a relatively high framerate like reprojection do in VR, but not during slo-mo). And here, I'm only talking about reducing the speed by two, hence inserting/creating 1 image between 2 existing images. Going to 25%, that method wouldn't be usable anymore.

Anyway, you can see on youtube that plenty of people were doing slo-motion video of pcars 1 right from the replay tools, and not from external software.

Being a spectator might be cool, although I have doubt about how good it would be to stay seated in the grand stands, while looking at the car pass without a big screen to follow the rest of the race, or any commentators.

It works brilliantly in sim games including pcars one. In dirt rally you fly in the helicopter & that is really amazing. I hope somebody can confirm its possible in pcars 2 & we don't have to watch a 2d screen.

VelvetTorpedo
08-08-2017, 12:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2Ghqv-EW4

there's a fun moment at 1:50-2:10

banner77amc
08-08-2017, 13:17
I like how this is properly ridiculous... this is what I will do when I just want to sit down with a controller.

hkraft300
08-08-2017, 16:47
I like how this is properly ridiculous... this is what I will do when I just want to sit down with a controller.

I'm going to do these ridiculous race conditions. With a wheel. New ffb. No assist. All masochist like. Then slide very slowly into many walls.

honespc
08-08-2017, 18:09
I like how this is properly ridiculousLike the AI having that traction on these 1100hp cars under such weather conditions?

banner77amc
08-08-2017, 22:18
I'm going to do these ridiculous race conditions. With a wheel. New ffb. No assist. All masochist like. Then slide very slowly into many walls.

I will be drinking vodka and bourbon when I take it to the wheel on this set up.

BTW do you think there may be a situation where a "challenge of the week" is this from SMS?

Schadows
08-08-2017, 22:52
Whatever you try, don't make the same mistake as he did, putting ice tires on a "snowy" track (looks more like "wet"). The AI has no problem (and that's why he had to decrease its difficulty several times) because they have the proper tires.

hkraft300
08-08-2017, 23:28
I will be drinking vodka and bourbon when I take it to the wheel on this set up.

BTW do you think there may be a situation where a "challenge of the week" is this from SMS?

That would be hilarious.

Quality community event.
I think SMS needs to throw in some snow and thunderstorms instead of the basic TT-style events. Expose more users to LT3, seasons and bad weather.
It'll separate the men from the boys.

OddTimer
09-08-2017, 10:12
Whatever you try, don't make the same mistake as he did, putting ice tires on a "snowy" track (looks more like "wet"). The AI has no problem (and that's why he had to decrease its difficulty several times) because they have the proper tires.

yeah he totally got the wrong tires on this one....

honespc
09-08-2017, 11:10
Whatever you try, don't make the same mistake as he did, putting ice tires on a "snowy" track (looks more like "wet"). The AI has no problem (and that's why he had to decrease its difficulty several times) because they have the proper tires.So he used ice tyres. Does that class have snow tyres too you say?

Schadows
09-08-2017, 11:58
I don't know if they have "snow" tires (the AI at least seems to use "full wet" tires judging by its look) ... I dont even know why there are ice tires for this racing series >__<
But using ice tire on a track where the stud cannot "pierce" the track results in poorer grip than wet tire for sure.

honespc
09-08-2017, 12:33
AI are using same tyres like the player, then.

VelvetTorpedo
09-08-2017, 12:42

honespc
09-08-2017, 13:10
So wet tyres are better than ice on snow?.

Insane AI cars traction regardless the tyres used.

Schadows
09-08-2017, 13:27
Yes. It's like using football shoes (studded ones) on tarmac (a previous videos showed how the grip differs between snow and ice tires on snow)
Winter tires aren't that different from wet tires, except for the temperatures they are meant to be used at.

I don't know if the amount of grip for AI is insane or not (probably is), but strangely, the track isn't covered in snow unlike the other videos, so maybe it's "only" considered to be "wet".

Mahjik
09-08-2017, 13:33
So wet tyres are better than ice on snow?

Snow tires are just deeper tread wet tires (slightly different tread patterns).

Bealdor
09-08-2017, 13:39
The discussion about this video is moot, really.

Mon... I mean Azure Circuit is one of the view locations that won't be drivable in snowy conditions anyway (not sure if this will change for the release version though).
And if a track isn't flagged as "snow available" the snow/ice tires won't work well.

What you see here is actually a bug that let's you choose snow as a weather condition even though the track isn't designed to support it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that ice tires are generally the wrong choice for tarmac. As Shadows already said, winter tires would be the way to go.

rosko
09-08-2017, 14:26
The discussion about this video is moot, really.

Mon... I mean Azure Circuit is one of the view locations that won't be drivable in snowy conditions anyway (not sure if this will change for the release version though).
And if a track isn't flagged as "snow available" the snow/ice tires won't work well.

What you see here is actually a bug that let's you choose snow as a weather condition even though the track isn't designed to support it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that ice tires are generally the wrong choice for tarmac. As Shadows already said, winter tires would be the way to go.

I'm glad there is a little bit of sensibleness in regards to the weather, i would rather the weather mirror real life personally, it is supposed to be a sim after all.

Schadows
09-08-2017, 14:34
I wish we could have raced on the mercedes ice track in the scorching heat of the desert summer ...

... press R1 to row !

http://sup-passion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/renault-formule-1-stand-up-paddle-sup-xxl-surf-vague-3.jpg

ramm21
09-08-2017, 16:01
VR question- Does the reprojection on your monitor have to be drivers eye? Can I run VR and reproject chase cam onto my monitor instead?

Schadows
09-08-2017, 22:33
just to be clear, the mirrored image on the monitor has nothing to do with "reprojection" (which is the technique used to make 45fps looks like 90fps).

As for you question, while technically possible, it would have a considerable impact on performances, because it would be like computing 2 completely different images on your computer (kind of like 2 player mode).
The reason the image displayed on the monitor is taken from one of the screen (eye) in the headset is because that image is already computed, hence very little impact on performances.
But if you play in VR with a chasecam view, then the mirrored image will also be the chasecam >__<

By the way, in pcars1, there is a launch option (-vrnomirror) which let's you remove the mirrored image from the monitor. I heard it was implemented in order to gain what little fps you can from skipping that process, but based on my own test (in the Vive thread) it had completely the opposite effect.

VelvetTorpedo
10-08-2017, 12:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKhqD918ZYE

dodge33cymru
10-08-2017, 17:22
Sorry, I can't find the request thread for videos. Does anyone know of a video where a pack of faster cars arrive to lap a pack of slower cars? I want to see how the AI copes (or doesn't).

Thanks

snipeme77
10-08-2017, 22:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2Ghqv-EW4

there's a fun moment at 1:50-2:10

Why did the pit crew not put the new tires on in the pit stop, they just sat them down beside the car?

STEELJOCKEY
10-08-2017, 22:52
https://youtu.be/TXgFXV49BFU

MillsLayne
10-08-2017, 23:41
Is it just me, or do the Formula X cars look like a futuristic CART car more than F1?

Mahjik
11-08-2017, 01:38
Why did the pit crew not put the new tires on in the pit stop, they just sat them down beside the car?

He didn't have changing tires enabled. The default pit strategy is for fuel and damage.

hkraft300
11-08-2017, 02:21

On strike.
Wants better working conditions.

Konan
11-08-2017, 06:50
On strike.

Why? They only have to work about 7 seconds a race...:p

hkraft300
11-08-2017, 08:05
Why? They only have to work about 7 seconds a race...:p

Because new pc2 players like me will suck at placing the car in the pit box. But the pit crew will get the blame for a race lost :rolleyes:

doodleco
11-08-2017, 08:27
On strike.

They can have better working conditions when they find all of those lost wheel nuts!

Tank621
11-08-2017, 08:43
They can have better working conditions when they find all of those lost wheel nuts!

They just want people to stop running them over 239456

Mahjik
11-08-2017, 13:16
Just keep in mind that these videos coming out from various internet personalities are from a demo build of PC2 (releases by BN). There are still daily builds and development going on for PC2 (and will continue after release) so what you are seeing is a build that is several weeks old.

3800racingfool
11-08-2017, 13:19
They just want people to stop running them over

As a testament to how good Pcars2 looks: At first glance, I thought that was an in-game screen shot with the pit crew going berzerk.

poirqc
12-08-2017, 17:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RckNDaRviek

Pretty nice sound track!

Schadows
13-08-2017, 13:05
it's always surprising how much efforts are put into music in "just" a racing game (it kind of look like a movie making of ^^').
Congrats d(^_~ )

konnos
13-08-2017, 14:44
Surprising but quite important as we have seen from the first game. The music sticks to you.

moustace
13-08-2017, 22:12
For me it's money wasted, I'd rather see them spend the money on one more car or one more racetrack, as I always turn music off on every game.

Mahjik
14-08-2017, 01:52
For me it's money wasted, I'd rather see them spend the money on one more car or one more racetrack, as I always turn music off on every game.

I have several people in my family who have worked in the recording industry and do some of their own recording still today. The costs are not comparable between licensing cars/tracks and recording studio costs. In short, the music for PC is not taking money away that would have added any additional licenses..

amazed
14-08-2017, 06:49
Funny how people think that all money is available for licencing.....

So if I took money from you that you had allocated for food and spent it on heating, that would be okay?

snipeme77
15-08-2017, 01:41
Funny how people think that all money is available for licencing.....

So if I took money from you that you had allocated for food and spent it on heating, that would be okay?

Depends on the season, maybe

sbtm
16-08-2017, 13:20
some footage I recorded:

Build 818

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSx9V_f2i4

Build 784

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuMG1SPrdio

Build 775

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGq84BjQxL4

Build 767

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TsFVsFkXhw

honespc
16-08-2017, 17:20
^I think it's time to see another go of the Porche GT3 lap at the Nords under rain with the updated wet physics we can see in the Silverstone BMW GT3 video.

Fanapryde
16-08-2017, 18:16
some footage I recorded:

Build 818

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSx9V_f2i4

Any idea if this is the final version of Zolder ?
For instance the advertising on the pit walls has changed dramatically: no more Coca Cola...
These pics are from 2016 April 16th...

Don't laugh, the weird exhaust add-ons filled with steel wool were supposed to work as extra silencers, still got black flagged when on the throttle at the check point...:chargrined:

ramm21
16-08-2017, 20:33
Haha and I thought all those cool exhaust mods were only seen at Laguna Seca! But it makes sense other tracks have volume limits..

Roger Prynne
17-08-2017, 10:21
http://youtu.be/v1dHEpq5XT4

Invincible
17-08-2017, 10:53
Haha and I thought all those cool exhaust mods were only seen at Laguna Seca! But it makes sense other tracks have volume limits..

They have. And most of them are ridiculously low. :mad:

honespc
17-08-2017, 11:01
http://youtu.be/v1dHEpq5XT4Rallycross physics certainly feel like Perfection made manifest

sbtm
18-08-2017, 14:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKbeWDkOCvc

Fanapryde
18-08-2017, 15:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RckNDaRviek

Pretty nice sound track!
That music gives me goose flesh... :pride:

Roger Prynne
18-08-2017, 17:22
http://youtu.be/PlT6rwip_f0

Roger Prynne
19-08-2017, 12:46
http://youtu.be/GcyviAiIhJ4

http://youtu.be/-tVGqTbTC4w

http://youtu.be/L_tVpYcbzEk

http://youtu.be/VJOkwy4YJ9Q

http://youtu.be/-8DMMJRsbPk

Fanapryde
19-08-2017, 16:10
http://youtu.be/GcyviAiIhJ4
Very glad to see the Ferris weel again at Sakitto :)
Love Classic Spa... :eagerness:

Fanapryde
19-08-2017, 22:26
http://youtu.be/VJOkwy4YJ9Q

It looks to me that compared to RL footage, the 'drop' in Malmedy is a bit too steep, no ?

Roger Prynne
20-08-2017, 11:34
http://youtu.be/9ABETEd8PyA

http://youtu.be/V0d2Sb7EiW8

honespc
20-08-2017, 12:09
So the Audi v8 had also 360º-420º rotation?. LeLz

It's beyond me why project cars developers have allowed wheel rotation tuning instead of straight away forcing mandatory use on the real º rotation per car.

I just have to laugh at some videos of so called sim drivers, driving classics like the Camaro z/28, now the audi and other tons of videos of cars that have 540º, 720º or upwards rotation degrees being driven at 360º only.

Car in-menu wheel rotation adjustment has contributed only to the raise of the atrocious number of issues related to the steering we've been suffering in pc1, specially thrustmaster users (changes not having effect until restart; entering a race to only discover that your wheel is now rotating to it's full extent marked on your control panel instead of the less or factory amount of º you had assigned, etc).

Is there going to be an option to force mandatory car factory º of rotation for wheel users?. Well scrubs would still adjust their control panels to 270 or 360 so to say..., meh

Mahjik
20-08-2017, 15:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkP7N2itc8Y

So the Audi v8 had also 360º-420º rotation?. LeLz

Are you expecting to see arms crossing like he's driving a truck?

Schadows
21-08-2017, 08:57
By the way, we had the Porsche and Ferrari trailers, but still no Lambo trailer, right? (in case I missed it).

Rossi46 (NL)
21-08-2017, 13:37
By the way, we had the Porsche and Ferrari trailers, but still no Lambo trailer, right? (in case I missed it).

There are still some cars "officially" TBA on the Project CARS 2 website.........so it might be still some secret :p http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

OddTimer
21-08-2017, 13:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypF2t8GzStI

AI 95%, light rain, wet tires, one of the most recent builds. Youtuber really enjoys driving the Porsche and his comments on FFB are very positive.

marcosanta8
21-08-2017, 14:33
AI 95% strength, 50% aggression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLloh0OpWns

3800racingfool
21-08-2017, 15:48
I don't suppose anyone could share some insight as to what the two AI sliders are actually controlling? For example, when I increase the skill slider what exactly am I increasing (same with the aggression slider) with it? Obviously different combinations seem to have different effects, especially concerning overall pace (pcars1 AI is far too slow in most cases even at 100) so I'd be curious to know if things like pace are linked to any particular slider or have some sort of linked effect between the two.

Javaniceday
21-08-2017, 19:47
I don't suppose anyone could share some insight as to what the two AI sliders are actually controlling? For example, when I increase the skill slider what exactly am I increasing (same with the aggression slider) with it? Obviously different combinations seem to have different effects, especially concerning overall pace (pcars1 AI is far too slow in most cases even at 100) so I'd be curious to know if things like pace are linked to any particular slider or have some sort of linked effect between the two.

It'd be pretty interesting to get an answer about this. Does skill affect where the break markers are? How fast they accelerate? Does it nerf their top speed? Does it add ballast to the AI?

Schadows
21-08-2017, 19:49
Without any access to the game, I would say, based on their name, that the "skill" slider would define how quick the AI is (but it could affect from the braking points up to the racing line), and the "aggression" slider would define how reckless they could be when attempting to overtake (like dive bombing on the inside if set to high like we've seen even repeatedly in F1 over the last 2 years).

3800racingfool
21-08-2017, 21:21
Without any access to the game, I would say, based on their name, that the "skill" slider would define how quick the AI is (but it could affect from the braking points up to the racing line), and the "aggression" slider would define how reckless they could be when attempting to overtake (like dive bombing on the inside if set to high like we've seen even repeatedly in F1 over the last 2 years).

That could very well be. I'm almost wondering though (okay I am wondering) if it's not just a bit more complex than that. For example increasing each slider:

Skill = AI are quicker, cleaner at overtaking/being overtaken, less mistake prone (ie: fewer spinouts), and more apt to stay 'out of trouble'.

Aggression = AI are quicker, more defensive/offensive during overtaking, more accident prone, more apt to abide by the "rubbin's racin'" school of thought.

So neither one is necessarily the "AI go faster" option, they both have to be used in conjunction to achieve that result. You may have the most skilled AI in the world but without at least some aggression it won't be very fast as it's going to tip-toe around every corner. Likewise you can have the most aggressive AI in the world but without any skill they likely won't even finish a race.

Probably one of those things we'll just have to wait until release to find out. But still be interested to see if there's any insight on that. (should've asked that question during the livestream.)

Mahjik
21-08-2017, 22:15
It's not that complex....

Skill = AI overall speed and driving competency...
Aggression = How much the AI will look for overtaking and fighting for position...

ramm21
21-08-2017, 22:51
I'm wondering about AI as well. Lets say their laptime is 2:00 @100 skill. @50 skill their laptime is down to 2:02. How is that 2 second difference realized? Are they slower in all parts of the track? Or do they have certain "traits" that will make them worse, like braking too soft and too early at lower skill levels? Or is that 2 second difference realized in one corner where they miss the apex and track out way too wide?

Mahjik
21-08-2017, 23:58
It's overall, not just one thing... i.e. braking a little too much, not enough cornering speed, etc... Same things that make some people slower in real life..

honespc
22-08-2017, 06:53
Skill: How fast AI cars go through corners.
Aggression: AI awareness of your current position (retardation). The higher % the dumber she is, so stay low on this %.

It's easy. Increase AI skill as much as you see it fit, and decrease the aggression parameter to the bottom, otherwise AI cars will probably be as retards as they were in pc1.

The aggression parameter will be without doubt one of the most wellcome single player features in pc2. Thanks to that we will be probably be able to race the computer without the trouble of being rammed 24/7, like in pc1.

Schadows
22-08-2017, 08:04
There is surely something in the middle, where you can race those cars without it turning into a wreckfest. I mean, what's the point of having opponents if all they do is running on the track without ever challenging you.

honespc
22-08-2017, 08:13
I'm sure you'll find plenty of challenge on setting them skill to 100%. Try and catch them on those corners at 100% skill once you are passed the first lap.

The aggression parameter set to a glorious 0% will simply ensure they won't do dumb things. You feel like racing a bit against the mentally challenged?, that's what public multiplayer lobbies exist for, but not more of the same in single player too please.

Not adding the aggression slider in pc1 was the biggest mistake ever in order to achieve a nice clean satisfying single playuer experience against computer managed cars.

hkraft300
22-08-2017, 08:24
The aggression parameter set to a glorious 0% will simply ensure they won't do dumb things.

Would that ensure the AI just move aside and let you pass? How challenging :p