PDA

View Full Version : What will you do first?

Pages : 1 [2]

OddTimer
06-09-2017, 15:03
Corvette GTE at Redbull Ring Full in Time Trial to get the hang of the new handling....then a full weekend at the same track to test the AI at 95%, 80% aggression.

Grijo
06-09-2017, 16:15
What I will do first? Install :p

I have two options: Ford Fusion Stockcar at Daytona or Camaro Z-28 '69 at Sonoma short...I did not decided yet

Enkidu
07-09-2017, 12:26
Ovals! I'm not an oval fanatic but if I have to single out one thing I'm most excited about for Project CARS 2 it is the addition of ovals. I was disappointed when they didn't come to pCARS 1 but now we finally get them! :D

FS7
07-09-2017, 13:40
I am hoping the tuning screens are similar. I am going to enter my PCars 1 set up for a car/track and see what happens with the new physics/tire model. If it works ok I will enter more set ups for additional cars. If the old set ups don't work at all I will panic, overcome my disappoint and get to work;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHpKrVk_ekY

TUR80
07-09-2017, 15:32
As I'm a huge fan of Prototypes, my head is a mess at the minute trying to decide which one I want to take out for my first test drive :glee:. At the minute its either the Ligier JS P3 or Ginetta G57 around the newly included Algarve circuit.

hkraft300
07-09-2017, 15:36
Oh they're high on my list.
But there are also the LMGTP/LMP900, GT1...
And the Group C prototypes...

Shooter80
08-09-2017, 09:11
First I'll see if I can even launch the game (old CPU) then I'll take the BMW Z4 GT3 round Spa, to see how the FFB feels compared to what I'm used to. From the look of the new menus, I think it should be possible to get things how I like (as-in 'real' forces only) pretty quickly.

Johnny_91
11-09-2017, 07:43
Setup the game. Then trying to get used to the game, so first some lonely Rounds in Oschersleben to learn how the FFB works with my Clubsportwheel V2. After that i got still work to do, learning how the AI acts on particular presets, also the weather, pit stops, driver changes and all the other features that this simulation is bringing us. After this period of learning i gonna create my own custom championship. I know that this feature is completly missing, but then the races will only have singlescores at the end of the races, so no need to book your team for a complete season. In fact im really still hoping for a championship editor to create own championships.

The so called "winter endurance championship" gonna consist of 5 Rounds, four of them in europe and one as 24h season highlight maybe in Dubai. Races gonna held with GT3, GT4 and touring classes, to get that feeling of a "amateur- and small team" Series.
All this i want to simulate in real time, also the pre season testing, team presentation with some litle storys that i gonna write for me.

I think this gonna be epic and please please please SMS give us a champioship editor in a patch maybe even as a DLC.

centenaryman
11-09-2017, 10:25
Bacon sandwich, coffee, calibrate, set –up, test, tweak, test. Porsche 911 GT1 98 on the Nordschleife - Nürburgring combined.

Flens07
11-09-2017, 15:04
My favorite is Audi LMP900 at Daytona Road

danowat
11-09-2017, 15:10
Take something ridiculous onto an RX track, then take something equally ridiculous onto an ice track.

Low (no?) grip is a lot of fun.

Lunar_Twisted
11-09-2017, 15:26
Once I get Project CARS 2, I will start from the bottom and work my way up.

sherpa25
13-09-2017, 05:57
Any current backer who've seen PC2 already care to chime in, are there startup parameters to start in VR (ex. -VR, x64, etc.)? Also, any suggestions of important functions to assign to controller/wheel buttons, and/or related to VR controls?

Cheesenium
13-09-2017, 06:41
Didnt have access for dev build for half a week and I miss the game.

Will probably do some multi class once pcars 2 is released.

comieodor
13-09-2017, 11:49
Any current backer who've seen PC2 already care to chime in, are there startup parameters to start in VR (ex. -VR, x64, etc.)? Also, any suggestions of important functions to assign to controller/wheel buttons, and/or related to VR controls?

Presuming you will be launching via Steam? - just hit play and on the very next dialog box select either start in "Steam VR" mode or "Other VR mode"

... Or you could select start in Normal (non VR) mode... but you shouldn't.

As for me, I've wiped all the old WMD data so I can start fresh - I'll be doing a quick race to get the FFB dialled in just the way I like it (which even for an OSW only requires me to play with 1 slider) and determining the exact AI difficulty so as to make sure I can win, but usually finish mid-pack. Then I'll be launching a new career; starting with the formula rookie and grafting my way to the top.

transfix
13-09-2017, 14:56
I do what I always do with any new device,appliance,car,game,etc. I spend about an hour messing with the settings and reading manuals :p

MartinMWWebb
13-09-2017, 15:13
Ill be glad to finally get my fix of PC2 back.. will quite likely fire up multi-player and see whats going on there - if not i will start career mode

FS7
13-09-2017, 15:28
reading manuals :p
I used to read manuals back when I had consoles, but in recent years game manuals have been going extinct, generally you open the game case and is either a 1-page thingy with very basic stuff or just the disc with no printed material inside. Now that I'm on pc is just digital stuff with the occasional online/pdf manual.

Personally I liked the old thick manuals that had lots of info, list of weapons & maps in fps, cars/tracks/driving techniques in racing games, movelists for all fighters in fighting games, etc. No matter how much technology advances reading will still always be a good habit.

ShneebnaMRR108
13-09-2017, 16:17
Is there a Digital manual for pC2 yet?

transfix
13-09-2017, 18:06
I used to read manuals back when I had consoles, but in recent years game manuals have been going extinct, generally you open the game case and is either a 1-page thingy with very basic stuff or just the disc with no printed material inside. Now that I'm on pc is just digital stuff with the occasional online/pdf manual.

Personally I liked the old thick manuals that had lots of info, list of weapons & maps in fps, cars/tracks/driving techniques in racing games, movelists for all fighters in fighting games, etc. No matter how much technology advances reading will still always be a good habit.

Yeah miss those collectors edition manuals that had behind the scenes info,sketches,etc. PCars 2 Collectors edition has a nice Art Book that'll I'll be browsing sitting down with a nice cup of tea HAH.

VelvetTorpedo
13-09-2017, 18:23
Personally I liked the old thick manuals that had lots of info

Gran Turismo 1 always stuck in my head when it came to manuals:

honespc
13-09-2017, 20:04
^The golden days.., memories.

Whats dat white powder on the right btw brah

Konan
13-09-2017, 20:55
^The golden days.., memories.

Whats dat white powder on the right btw brah

Dust...

GTsimms
13-09-2017, 21:29
Simple Setup VR

Poulka
13-09-2017, 21:44
Gran Turismo 1 always stuck in my head when it came to manuals:

Talk about nostalgia that gave me some nice memories at the time loved reading the manuals.

GTsimms
13-09-2017, 22:23
GT still have a working PS1 and 2, Gran Turismo & last name Simms. Where my gamertag came from!

sherpa25
14-09-2017, 00:56
Presuming you will be launching via Steam? - just hit play and on the very next dialog box select either start in "Steam VR" mode or "Other VR mode"

Thanks. Does this 'next dialog' keep coming up next time you run the game again? If not, what if I'd like to try running in triples instead, how do I change it?
Also, what difference will there be between starting in "Steam VR" mode or "Other VR mode", with the Rift?

Eric Rowland
14-09-2017, 01:46
This is what I will do first....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyS6JNpHeBo

Sankyo
16-09-2017, 07:19
Haven't read all thread, but I can recommend as a first inaugural run to do a lap or two around The Ring in the Radical SR8 at dawn in autumn. I recommend using the Stable default setup first, and just Raw default FFB. I couldn't stop driving yesterday :)

Stonecutter
16-09-2017, 19:36
Once the game unlocks (supposedly at 11PM on the 21st) I will probably look at all the liveries available for each car before going to bed.

Once I wake up I plan on taking the Formula Rookie for a spin to see how the controller feels. I know it's not the most interesting car, but it's the only one I can get comfortable with in PC1 so it's really the only way to get a solid comparison.

Konan
16-09-2017, 19:47
Well now...i just received my work roster for next week...seems i don't have to work on Thursday either...new strategy plan: sleep as much as i can on Thursday so i can stay awake from midnight on and play my a** off for hours and hours...followed by four (yes FOUR) days off...BRING IT ON!!! :cool:

breyzipp
17-09-2017, 09:47
Well now...i just received my work roster for next week...seems i don't have to work on Thursday either...new strategy plan: sleep as much as i can on Thursday so i can stay awake from midnight on and play my a** off for hours and hours...followed by four (yes FOUR) days off...BRING IT ON!!! :cool:

And the wife agrees with that plan... hmmm? ;-)

Konan
17-09-2017, 10:00
She's gonna have to...her birthday is on the 24th so she'd better behave or no present...LOL
(I really hope she never reads this :o )

Roger Prynne
17-09-2017, 10:05
^ Copy, Pasted and Texted :devilish:

hkraft300
17-09-2017, 10:07
Project Cars 2: reducing grown men to FOMO-ridden adolescent girls ;)

Konan
17-09-2017, 10:13
"Slightly Mad" applies more to the members than the studio sometimes...

hkraft300
17-09-2017, 10:25
"Slightly Mad" applies more to the members than the studio sometimes...

Can't,
Even.

:rolleyes:

honespc
17-09-2017, 12:55
Wasn't going my first scheduled task in importance once I fired up pc2 for the first time (F40 burn out awaits), but right away the second and most exciting one to rememorate old good Gran Turismo (GT1) days. I've just seen that the Panoz Esperante GT1 is DLC meat..., oh well.. Mr. Bell

I'm confident then you will redeem yourself after this sin by including glorious F40 factory in one of the forthcoming DLC packs.

JoshTheGeologist
21-09-2017, 15:22
First thing I want to do? Formula A on a rally track and then the ice track!

In terms of actual racing, I can't wait to take the Honda Civic Coupe around and rally track

hpiguy
21-09-2017, 16:02
The Zakspeed Capri at the Nordschleife, followed by the 488GTE at LeMans.

Alan Dallas
21-09-2017, 17:19
Ford GT LM GTE @ Daytona ... for 24 hours. :)

seek
21-09-2017, 20:32
Get my graphics and controls setup.

snipeme77
21-09-2017, 20:34
Trees here I come!

ryandtw
21-09-2017, 22:25
Get some things set up, particularly controls and other parameters, and then I'll start out with maybe a practice session, then try out racing a bit...

Hopefully the Core i7-860 runs pCARS 2 surprisingly well - if it can even launch...

Purg
21-09-2017, 22:30
Spend hours decrypting the game files from Steam, apparently.. :(