PDA

View Full Version : Any country restrictions for participating in Esports?

vackvak
19-06-2018, 17:38
I am new esports, are there any country restrictions for participating in esports championships?
I see my country India is not available in ESL leagues.

Help!

Project CARS Esports
19-06-2018, 23:02
You can enter Time Attack events via the in-game “Community Events” screen in any region.

Some other championships may have regional restrictions based on prizing laws and availability, but we are aiming to have some more global events later this year.

vackvak
15-07-2018, 06:46
Could i know at what timeframe we would be getting the global events!.. I am pretty sad GT sport season is currently underway and for PC2 we dont have anything.

Project CARS Esports
15-07-2018, 09:16
Could i know at what timeframe we would be getting the global events!.. I am pretty sad GT sport season is currently underway and for PC2 we dont have anything.

We are hoping to have some news for everyone in the next few weeks, once we have finalised sponsors etc. We’ll make an official announcement via social media and the website when we are ready.

PoL
08-08-2018, 14:42
We are hoping to have some news for everyone in the next few weeks, once we have finalised sponsors etc. We’ll make an official announcement via social media and the website when we are ready.

Any updates on this since a few weeks ago? *Eagerly awaits response*

Project CARS Esports
08-08-2018, 15:00
Any updates on this since a few weeks ago? *Eagerly awaits response*

We're working on a competition for the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) regions with one of our partners at the moment. They're not ready to announce details just yet, but you can expect some information in September.

Ulti
25-08-2018, 23:26
Do I smell SMS-R?

Project CARS Esports
26-08-2018, 08:00
Do I smell SMS-R?

That’s an old post from two years ago that was retweeted in error.

As mentioned in an earlier post above, we’ll have some information to share about a new competition in September. Plus there is the A1 esports League Season 2, which began last week.

PoL
29-08-2018, 21:14
That’s an old post from two years ago that was retweeted in error.

As mentioned in an earlier post above, we’ll have some information to share about a new competition in September. Plus there is the A1 esports League Season 2, which began last week.

Thank you for the update, sir! Meanwhile on A1 ESL only allows for the following countries (as listed by two digits copied pasted here:)
ad, al, at, ax, ba, be, bg, by, ch, cy, cz, de, dk, ee, es, fi, fo, fr, gb, gg, gi, gr, hr, hu, ie, im, is, it, je, li, lt, lu, lv, mc, md, me, mk, mt, nl, no, pl, pt, ro, rs, ru, se, si, sk, sm, tr, ua, uk, va

South Africa not included there so we eagerly await September :)
Meanwhile we've started our own thing called DG league (posted on the forum here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64703-Dominus-Gaming-League-GT5-GT4-GT3-Qualifier-for-South-African-PC-players))

PoL
05-10-2018, 14:57

Hi Mr Bell, Any big announcements about eSports for PC2 I have missed RE: your post above ??

Is there maybe going to be some kind of facelift for the esports scene? like a ladder?

PS. As a Ferrari fan I'm really enjoying the Ferrari DLC. Awesome!

Project CARS Esports
05-10-2018, 16:13
Hi Mr Bell, Any big announcements about eSports for PC2 I have missed RE: your post above ??

Is there maybe going to be some kind of facelift for the esports scene? like a ladder?

PS. As a Ferrari fan I'm really enjoying the Ferrari DLC. Awesome!

We're still working on more competitions. The 'Logitech G Challenge (https://logitechgchallenge.com/en/)' in Europe is running via the Community Events mode at the moment, with finals to come at Paris Games Week, and the prize includes a place in the McLaren Shadow program - to compete for a place in McLaren's own esports team. The 'A1 esports League Season 2 (https://pro.eslgaming.com/a1esportsleague/pc2/)' also has its finals coming up at the end of October, with €15,000 on the line. As for other competitions, we are constantly working on ideas behind-the-scenes with all of our partners, and we'll keep announcing new tournaments as soon as they are ready.

transfix
12-10-2018, 11:21
Not much for us in North America ?

Ulti
12-10-2018, 14:42
Same for us in Africa :/ missing out on all the good stuff

Project CARS Esports
12-10-2018, 16:35
Hi guys. That's mostly due to how the prizes have worked out of late. For example, in the Renault esports series, the prize required a UK driving license for legal/insurance reasons.

We're working on some more competition ideas with our partners at the moment, and increasing the reach of these is one of the goals.

Ulti
19-10-2018, 09:21
I mean where is SMS-R o.o It just disappeared and we've been waiting so long for it and no word on it since the launch of PCars 2?

Project CARS Esports
19-10-2018, 13:31
I mean where is SMS-R o.o It just disappeared and we've been waiting so long for it and no word on it since the launch of PCars 2?

Hi Ulti. The SMS-R concept has shifted this year, because the sponsorship/prize funding from our partners arrived in different forms compared to previous years. For example: the A1 series' cash prizes, the Renault series' race school prize, and the Logitech G Challenge's path into McLaren Shadow. The prizes have been spread over several competitions this year, rather than focused on one. That said, the new competition idea that we've mentioned here previously is similar to the old SMS-R. We're working on it with two of our partners, and details will be announced when they are ready.

adelenez20z
19-12-2018, 07:48
Are there any tournaments in Asia? Really looking forward to them.

Iversen
19-02-2019, 10:27
Hi guys. That's mostly due to how the prizes have worked out of late. For example, in the Renault esports series, the prize required a UK driving license for legal/insurance reasons.

We're working on some more competition ideas with our partners at the moment, and increasing the reach of these is one of the goals.

It could be great with a yearly competition in some way, so there can be build some traditions into the series

welch146
03-12-2019, 19:33
Any updates on new competitions in Asia?

Project CARS Esports
04-12-2019, 08:36
Any updates on new competitions in Asia?

Hi Welch. We had the Logitech G Challenge (https://www.projectcarsesports.com/news/the-logitech-g-challenge-returns-for-2019) this year which ran from June-November and included online qualifying and wildcard qualifying events in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, & Singapore.

Logitech were very pleased with how that competition was received by the community, so we are looking at expanding it again next time. We're also investigating additional partners for other events in Asia and around the globe in 2020. Please keep an eye on the Project CARS social media pages for official news as always.

welch146
10-12-2019, 17:57
Awesome, thanks for the update!

mrgrtt123
12-12-2019, 02:48
The only games that I place my bet in will be European Football and NBA.