Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle custom liveries - How to + FAQ

Platform
    PC
    I hope this becomes possible in all races (not only in single player) otherwise this does not really make it worth all the work involved unless you don't mind being the only person in the game seeing it. Personally I don't feel any interest now that I know nobody else sees my work in game :/
    The following user likes this Post: henrikl

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have a noob question that I'm sure someone can answer. In cs6 how do I select a certain body panel in the wireframe to paint rather than painting the whole canvas a base Color. Is there an easier way rather than using magnetic lasso? Cheers.

I'd recommend using the pen tool to loosely 'trace' out the body panel. Whenever possible, it's a good idea to draw everything in vector.
    Ryno's Painting Tips - Tutorials, discussion and musings on livery design and execution.
    PC Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit CPU: Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Controller: Thrustmaster T500RS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CosmicFTW, Espen S. Andresen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i was wondering how can i make higher resolution fresnel and spec maps, since they are in 1024x1024 px when i zoom in on the car i can see the blurred dented edge of those maps on top of the really high res paint map

Have you tried to up the resolution to like 2048x2048 or 4096x4096?
    System Spec: CPU: Intel Xeon 1231v3 | RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR3 | GPU: Gigabyte 970 4GB | DRIVE: Sandisk 120GB SSD | WD 1TB HDD | SYSTEM: Win10 64bit | INPUT: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP | OUTPUT: 1x ASUS MX279H + Logitech Z323
    Fidelity: Resolution: 1920x1080 | AA: DSx2 | AF: 16x |Reflections: High | Envmap Quality: High | Vehicle Details: Ultra | World Details: High | Shadow Details: High | else OFF | HDR Photographic

Download MikeyTT's MultiDisplay App here!!

In memoria di Marco Simoncelli #58
    The following user likes this Post: icedstar

Quote Originally Posted by icedstar View Post
    i was wondering how can i make higher resolution fresnel and spec maps, since they are in 1024x1024 px when i zoom in on the car i can see the blurred dented edge of those maps on top of the really high res paint map
    When I'm working on a custom spec or fresnel map, I just duplicate my livery PSD file and make the needed colour changes to it, and leave it at the same resolution (4K).
    Ryno's Painting Tips - Tutorials, discussion and musings on livery design and execution.
    PC Specs: OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit CPU: Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz RAM: 16GB GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Controller: Thrustmaster T500RS
    The following user likes this Post: Fernando Pedace

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno917 View Post
    When I'm working on a custom spec or fresnel map, I just duplicate my livery PSD file and make the needed colour changes to it, and leave it at the same resolution (4K).
    that works, thanks

Do you have a date or a deadline for that we can see the personal livery the other players in the multiplayer mode ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This really needs to be integrated into the game some how. It would definitely lead to more interest from other people. Plus, only being able to use one custom livery for the same car at a time is just cumbersome. I hope there are plans down the road to get this into the actual game. Hell, even using Steam Community would be huge.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bill Harrison, henrikl, SwiftyOne