Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Okay I ended back up on deadzone 10 lol, the higher deadzone helps and you can definitely slide around more but I just found there was less precision maybe its because I'm used to how I've had it set for so long. GT3 was okay but once I got in Formula B I changed it back. I use deadzone 10 and sensitivty 0 with 0 controler filtering and 50 speed sensitivity.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok, so all these settings seem to work sometimes but not others ...this is the issue, unpredictable behaviour and diffiicult to save once things start to go wrong which is just not fun in my opinion. So although i get that this is a sim would it not be possible to have a "i don't have a wheel or 23 hours a day" controller friendly mode? Some may think this would give an unfair advantage but Forza gods i've spoken to claim you need to master "Simulation steering mode" to get the best times out of a controller so surely no issue there. Almost every other driving game i've played in recent times manages to give me a feeling of predictable control with a joypad so surely it doesn't have to be such a car and control settings chore on p cars even if it's down to using a wimp out make it fun mode that is optional for people like me who just can't seem to get any consistant reaction from current joypad options. Please please please remember the short on time and wheel cost / practicality folks and apply a controller mode that many other games seem to have managed so i can have fun again. P.s. patches so far are keeping me invested for what it's worth so thanks for your hard work :-)

Dazza

Rookie
    I have to agree, ive been lurking here for some time trying all sorts of controller configs but the game is virtually unplayable using the controller. At best im keeping the car on line by the skin of my teeth but its no fun and certainly not competitive, pointless playing online as it would annoying for other players. Not sure i can stomach coughing up 's for a wheel which is a shame ive been looking forward to this game for ages.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been through no end of set ups. Literally spent hours and hours back and forth trying different things, mostly trying to stop front tyres going red.

I've got it down to 2 differnt set up with mode 1 and 2 just deciding which I prefer now. I've settled before though as you will see my post above but that's changed now.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by javok View Post
    I almost never bother bother posting on tech issues, but I've just updated PCARS on my xbox1 with the latest patch and wanted to share my settings for my controller and experience across almost all the cars at various tracks. I can say that the hyper sensitive, over counter steering wall banging frustration seems to be over! Quick run down in hopes in may help other xboxers:

1) set my steering DEADZONE to 40.
    2) set my steering sensitivity to 20. (for some reason having the deadzone higher value than sensitivity is proper ratio for smooth, predictable inputs)
    3) speed sensitivity I had at 65.
    4) all other settings default, ADVANCED SETTINGS ALL OFF!

Holy crap the cars are a joy to drive now, including all the open wheelers! I am able to place them exactly where i want them on the track for turn in, I can mash the gas and get a pleasant oversteer with predictable counter steer. All in all it is feeling very good and fun like it should have with just the right amount of threat and scary for bad throttle behavior. Best part: NO ASSISTS WHATSOEVER! No traction or steering assists needed. The cars just skid, drift like you want them. I was actually 4 wheel sliding the Formula A through Cadwell. Whatever they did in the patch seems to have worked like a charm and I can thoroughly enjoy the game on my xbox1. I plan to get the PC version soon, but I enjoy racing with a group a friends on live.

I hope this advice will deliver the same results for others - honestly these are my settings and the game is now a scary, blast to drive. Good luck, drivers!
    Which Controller Mode? 1,2 or 3?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

These are the settings i use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-Original.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	212939

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Has anyone noticed any gameplay differences using the Spectra Wired Xbox One controller? (Its an aftermarket controller that shows led lights)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the info on here off everybody, I bought this game in the Xbox Live sale (its reduced right now) and have been testing all the controller configurations out, I've found one on here that works but the main thing for me is just to have traction control on and none of the other aids. This looks like a decent game if it works properly with all those interesting tracks like Donington and Snetterton that I've been to myself in person, also Brands which is my favourite

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This game is almost unplayable on controller. I've tried so many settings that my head hurts. I managed in update 1.4 to get a solid controller setup however when 2.0 released it was back to zero. Is there any setup out there that can give a smooth controller feel similar to that of Forza (dare I say it)?
    The opposite lock is still somewhat present, not as bad as before but still irritating.

System: Intel i7 8700 @3.2GHz - MSI Z390-GamingEdge AC - MSI RTX 2070 8G - Kingston 16GB 2666mhz - Mega Cooler Hyper212 LED - 2 SSD Kingston 500gb - PSU Thermaltake 750 +Gold - Corsair Spec6

Input: All Fanatec: Podium DD1 - CSW V2 - CSP V3 - CS Shifter SQ1.5 - CS UHX - CS Formula V2 - CS GT Wheel - RIG: Rseat RS1 K&M: Logitech G513 Linear, G703 - ButtonBox: Ignition

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by transfix View Post
    This game is almost unplayable on controller. I've tried so many settings that my head hurts. I managed in update 1.4 to get a solid controller setup however when 2.0 released it was back to zero. Is there any setup out there that can give a smooth controller feel similar to that of Forza (dare I say it)?
    The opposite lock is still somewhat present, not as bad as before but still irritating.
    I've been playing with the TX wheel since day one, but usually play Forza with a controller. Yesterday I decided I wanted to play PC with a controller and like everyone else discovered the default settings are basically unplayable. After about 3 hours of experimentation I finally got it to feel "very close" to Forza.
    ALL STEERING, THROTTLE, BRAKE, AND CLUTCH DEAD ZONES AND SENSITIVITY AT ZERO.
    SPEED SENSITIVITY AT 76
    CONTROLLER FILTERING SENSITIVITY AT 16
    FORCE FEEDBACK 28
    CONTROLLER INPUT MODE 3
    ADVANCED ON
    SOFT STEERING DAMPENING ON
    VISUAL WHEEL FILTERING ON
    OPPOSITE LOCK HELP OFF
    So far I've only been using GT3 cars so I don't yet know if it will work the same for all types.
    The Controller Filtering Sensitivity seems to be the key for getting that "Forza smoothness".
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Blue Dragon, daftas, Furma, Loadme Tacos, nissan4ever, Schumi-, Seps1974, Sergi01978, TNTNitro