Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Locked? Help!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Semisonic71 View Post
    Hi can any one help,in time trial it will not save my times,plus items are locked,so I can't even skip to end of session ! Also I have not I am locked out of a few options in other modes too,ps4 really enjoying it,fantastic game
    I am having the same issue, now downloading the update for the 3rd time....

Seriously annoying, I will try setting up the new PSN account next to try get the thing unlocked - would be nice if someone from Project Cars would actually respond and help out like everyone on this site.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctspider View Post
    I am having the same issue, now downloading the update for the 3rd time....

Seriously annoying, I will try setting up the new PSN account next to try get the thing unlocked - would be nice if someone from Project Cars would actually respond and help out like everyone on this site.
    Let us know how you get on please would be great if it worked

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Only Solo mode is available (PS4)

Hi.

After installing the game on my PS4 I noticed I can only play solo mode. Everything else is locked.
    Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Umer Ahmad
    (moved)

Welcome!

1. Try creating a Driver first
    2. Make sure you have the latest Day1 patch downloaded, installed and you have restarted your PS4

Umer Ahmad
    Someone that is having this issue try the following procedure:

1. Delete all your game data on PS4
    2. Start the Game Over (I'm assuming all patches are downloaded and applied)
    3. When you start the game the first time, CREATE A DRIVER FIRST (don't go to ONLINE or QUICK RACE etc.)

Does that unlock the career for you? See post #17 above.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Everything seems to be OK now. I guess the game was still downloading or something. After spending some time fiddling around in the options menu everything suddenly unlocked.
    The following user likes this Post:

Umer Ahmad
    great to hear. Share with your friends!

Was there any indications a download was in-progress or had just completed?

Platform
    PS4
    I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple of days, looking forward to getting my PS4 copy next week to see if it happens to me! As far as I can tell the game requires the day 1 patch to 'unlock' content beyond the solo race at Dubai with the LMP1 car. Some retail copy users have reported that the process (game installation and patch download) only takes around 10 minutes, others say they couldn't access the rest of the game for upwards of 2 hours! So it's clear something seems to be going wrong.

Fix at the moment seems to be:

1) Delete Project Cars game data (including the patch)
    2) Reinstall the game/patch
    3) Restart the PS4
    4) Launch game and immediately create a new driver profile

Some other tips that could make the 'unlock' trigger if you're still having trouble are:

- Signout from PSN, sign back in then relaunch the game
    - Create a new (temporary) PSN profile, open the game. If everything is unlocked revert back to your primary account.
    - The game does appear to unlock eventually for everyone. If everything you're trying isn't working, try and be patient. Leave the game running for a while either while you play it or by itself. Don't put the PS4 in rest mode, that won't achieve anything.
    The following user likes this Post:

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrchiggiewigs View Post
    How do i create a driver? Haha i literally cannot access anything other than solo race and settings, thanks
    If everything is locked, that means its still installing. It should take about 20 minutes, which means it'll be done by now and this post is pointless.

There isn't any indicator telling you how much of the installation is done. But if you press "Options" on the game in the PS4 home screen and go to information at the bottom, when the size says 20.45GB, then it's done.

I got confused too. The PS4 needs something to tell you that the game is still installing. I would also love an option to play from the disc since my PS4 is full. Only have like 5-8 games and it's full... -.-

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    you need to sign a contract and create a driver profile then it unlocks then u can pick what carer u want to start