Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [IT'S WORKING] Tire Wear Not Working ??

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Possibly, AI punctures for me have happened in GT3 sprint races where pitting is not a requirement so this could be the reason they dont pit before the puncture. AI might in fact pit during a 'normal' race, i dont know.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IJOJOI View Post
    It was introduced shortly IIRC.
    I am also looking forward to this fix, since it works on the FA slicks...
    This is also the reason, that flatspots are not working as they should...
    Take the F1 Slicks, and you'll get how it is normally

So if you race in Formula A it works if you put tire wear to X7 or something, but not in LMP1, GT 3 etc etc?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have experienced tyre punctures for AI cars during a race weekend at the Nurburgring, albeit on an Xbox One. I was able to resolve this by setting a minimum 30 lap race (race weekend) and tyre wear set to 'real'. The AI cars would then make a pit stop.

If any races were configured with less than 30 laps (race weekend) and tyre wear set to x7, most of AI's tyres would be completely worn within 6-7 laps, and the AI cars would produce a spark affect from their tyres. Eventually they would coast back to the pits at a snails pace for a tyre change.

I also noticed that my own tyres did not appear to lose any grip, even after 30 odd laps.

Even with these issues the game is thoroughly enjoyable and can only get better
    Last edited by fishfash; 12-05-2015 at 13:48.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Any news on a potential fix for this / news on when the next patch may be released for PC.

Platform
    PC
    Having the same issue on the xbox one,driving a 2 hours lemans session,my tires are fine (bmw m3 GT3) but I've seen other cars at a slow pace with the sparking effect,tire wear is set to x 2or 3 but not as high as 7

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Why has this thread been renamed to [IT'S WORKING] ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good question.... Probably as its been decided that it works in formula cars.... !

Appalling really. Beta testers? Really?!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I am using Dashmeter pro, but what percentage of tire wear is where you should start to loose grip? I drove a few laps, then the went down to 94% but still felt the same as 100. So in some games you really start to notice it on 94%(like R3E DTM) while on some games 94% is nothing...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin03 View Post
    I am using Dashmeter pro, but what percentage of tire wear is where you should start to loose grip? I drove a few laps, then the went down to 94% but still felt the same as 100. So in some games you really start to notice it on 94%(like R3E DTM) while on some games 94% is nothing...
    problem is we can't read any of that telemetry on consoles...but that's not even necessary to notice the problem,haven't tried on formula cars yet

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinist90 View Post
    problem is we can't read any of that telemetry on consoles...but that's not even necessary to notice the problem,haven't tried on formula cars yet
    Yeah I know that don't work or consoles, but I just wondered about that so posted here instead of making a new thread...

This is how it looked like after 14laps att Snetterton(Formula C) And lap 14 was my fastest laptime, so just wonder on when you should start to feel the tire wear. Since the % is differant in each game...
    Last edited by Martin03; 15-05-2015 at 15:12.