Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues Collective Thread (PS4) [Not for bug reporting!] - Updated 21/12

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappa_Stig View Post
    I'm still seeing a number of the bugs that have been listed as fixed on the first page. Also, every time I turn the game on, the first time I go out on track I have no FFB, and need to turn my wheel off and on to get it back, but sometimes when I turn the wheel back on, the game doesn't recognise it, and/or crashes. I also get the bug where I select to leave the pits, and the car just sits there, requiring me to select " go to pits" and then try again. This seems to happen at least 80% of the time.

Starting to accept the reality that this game will never be free of the ridiculous number of bugs it has.
    Make sure your wheel still works in other games 100%... honestly that sounds a little like the wheel may be going out. Have never had to turn a wheel off and on to get it recognized other than my first T300, which was broken. New one works every single time, no problem.
    PSN: t_grey
    Thrustmaster T300RS, T3PA-PRO, TH8A, Playseat Evolution

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I,ve had the wheel disconnected suddenly during an online race. It happened @ lap 24 on sonoma. Never had this earlier. My wheel is the T300RS

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    I'm still seeing a number of the bugs that have been listed as fixed on the first page. Also, every time I turn the game on, the first time I go out on track I have no FFB, and need to turn my wheel off and on to get it back, but sometimes when I turn the wheel back on, the game doesn't recognise it, and/or crashes. I also get the bug where I select to leave the pits, and the car just sits there, requiring me to select " go to pits" and then try again. This seems to happen at least 80% of the time.

Starting to accept the reality that this game will never be free of the ridiculous number of bugs it has.
    What wheel are you using?
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

When changing cars or tracks only center spring force remains, no curb feelings etc. Wheel on/off helps but sometimes game freezes.
    Fanatec CSW V2 : UniHub/CSL P1 : CSP V2 : CSR H-shifter : XB1 : PS4 : PC

Platform
    PC
    DELETED
    Last edited by Boskapongen; 14-01-2016 at 12:10.
    Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / CS V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64

Platform
    PS4
    The wheel is near brand new, works flawlessly with every other game that supports it, and this issue has been in Pcars since the game came out. The wheel is a Fanatec CSR, and I've seen a ton of people report the same behaviour with other wheels too. Before the first patches, switching the wheel off and back on would crash the game, and the devs fixed that in an early patch, but never fixed the missing ffb bug. Although sometimes turning the wheel off and on does still crash the game, or the game doesn't recognise the wheel. I've found that usually only happens when turning the wheel off and on without first pausing the game. Similar to how hitting start and skip to end of session sometimes crashes the game, but going to pits first and then skipping to end of session seems to work properly every time.

To be fair, it's the least problematic bug in the game, as switching the wheel off and back on fixes the issue. It's certainly not as annoying as the canned ffb "buzz" effect that randomly pops up.

Edit: Here, from the list of "fixed" bugs on page 1, are the bugs that are still in the game:

Settings can't be changed in 1% increments More FIXED -> many settings still can't be changed in 1% increments, and in pit strategy the tyre pressure settings are missing many increments, making it impossible to set the pressure the same for pit stops as the tyres you start on sometimes.

AI cars crashing in the pits at Zolder FIXED 2.0 -> Perhaps not related, but the player's car still hits the wall on the side of the pit garage as it's exiting.

Rumble from kerbs etc missing FIXED -> I still get this on some kerbs, and no, I'm not talking about painted on kerbs.

Player can't finish the qualifying lap after session time has run out FIXED -> This still happens to me. Sometimes it lets you keep going for a minute or so after the timer ends, but on large circuits like Spa or Nordschleife, the session usually ends before I finish the lap. This seems to happen at random, so it does work sometime.

Cars stuttering during a replay FIXED -> This most definitely isn't fixed. Cars in replays stutter about badly still.

Favorite Location shows wrong track icon FIXED -> Not fixed, My favourite location is listed as Australia, and the icon is Monza.

Plain red livery gets selected FIXED -> This still happens on occasion, but rarely.

Cars stacking on race start FIXED -> This still happens on occasion, but rarely

Rain drops in tunnels FIXED -> Still see this sometimes

Floating skidmarks FIXED (if more issues are found please report with images containing the position in minimap) -> There are still a lot of these scattered about some tracks. The worst offenders are on Mojave, where some skid marks seem to be sitting about a metre off the road.

Wrong gear displayed on race start FIXED 6.0+ -> This still happens. If I restart a race, say I'm on a straight in 4th gear when I do, the display will still say 4th when the race restarts, even though the car's in neutral. Shifting up (into first) corrects the display.

Some of these obviously aren't a big deal, like the last one, it doesn't actually affect anything, but listing them as fixed when they're not makes me wonder how many of those other issues are really fixed. I haven't done any specific testing to uncover these things, these are just things I've noticed while playing normally. I can't say whether the others are fixed or not, but I haven't noticed any of them.

I'm not going to post videos and screens and go out of my way to prove I have any of these issues, as I didn't buy this game at full price to be a beta tester, and I've got more important things to do with my time than that. Suffice to say that I have no reason to make any of this up. Testing and QA isn't my job, but if I was as poor at my job as whoever tested this game is, I'd have been sacked a long time ago lol.
    Last edited by Pappa_Stig; 24-01-2016 at 01:10.

Platform
    PC
    For the canned ffb buzz i find pressing pause and go to pits then return to track seems to resolve this .

Platform
    PS4
    I feel a bit bad about posting it here again, but unfortunately this translation issue in the german version seems to have been overseen for months now. It's about the naming of the Intermediate tire in tuning setup and pit strategy. Here's the according thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...d-Pit-Strategy

A reminder to the other members: This thread is not about discussing and reporting bugs! It's about collecting bug related threads, so please keep it clear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I also get the bug where I select to leave the pits, and the car just sits there, requiring me to select " go to pits" and then try again. This seems to happen at least 80% of the time.
    Are you 100% sure you are waiting long enough for the lollipop man to release you from the pits? I can wait for quite a few seconds before I'm released from the garage due to other cars coming down the pit lane. I have never had that bug and have been playing since release. I haven't done much of the career though. I've played online a lot but mostly in single player design your own race weekend so maybe it's only something that happens in career?
    CRAP pCARS Club organiser

Project CARS setup: PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A Gear stick or DS4, PSVR in large cinematic mode or UHD 55" Samsung (HDR) TV (UE55KS7000), pCARS Dash, Crew Chief, RS Dash, Sony STR DH 810 AV amp (7.1) or Turtle Beach DSS 7.1 surround processor and px22 headphones, Bluetooth keyboard.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    In case there is any value in what I posted..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Landmine-ahead

had two landmine bugs within a minute of each other, right at the start of an event.
    at some previous time one of the SMS team thought it was due to a suspension / accumulation error that accumulated over time.

Since this happened right at the start, it might mean looking at another possible cause.
    I did have time progression at 10x though...
    tire wear and fuel usage off, damage off, mechanical failures off, penalties off
    I think the start time was at 2:00 am for a night race.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us