Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Issues on PS4 ?!

Gameplay Programmer
    Thanks for the reports, it looks like there are possibly a couple of different issues here though. Regarding the first few posts about cutting out/crackling sounds (xMinzman, pa_pinkelman and Ecfc), can you confirm if it's something like this that you're hearing? (this bug was reported when viewing via the Monitor, but might be related)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYXiegKje0
    The following user likes this Post: xMinzman

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hunt View Post
    Thanks for the reports, it looks like there are possibly a couple of different issues here though. Regarding the first few posts about cutting out/crackling sounds (xMinzman, pa_pinkelman and Ecfc), can you confirm if it's something like this that you're hearing? (this bug was reported when viewing via the Monitor, but might be related)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYXiegKje0
    Hey !

No this is the problem for me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T58L4awk0RA
    2:10 - 2:20
    It sounds like disturbances in the speakers when you are braking or speed up the car !
    Please tell me that you can hear it in the video.
    You can also hear it when you change the view of the car.

I got this sound issue not in every car ! but mostly in the renault megane rs and in audi r8 v10 plus.

And 2:20 - 2:30 you also can hear the sound issues while he is changing the view to cockpit.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by xMinzman View Post
    Hey !

It sounds like disturbances in the speakers when you are braking or speed up the car !

I got this sound issue not in every car ! but mostly in the renault megane rs and in audi r8 v10 plus.

And 2:20 - 2:30 you also can hear the sound issues while he is changing the view to cockpit.
    I couldnt hear it in the youtube video you posted, but I think I have a similar problem. Sometimes I hear a cracking sound when changing gears, this sounds like when you unplug an audio cable and you hear a short crack through the speakers..its usually when I have a large grid and high volume. I play with a Turtld Beach Stealth 400 headset.

Someone else on the GTPlanet forums had the same issue btw

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
    I couldnt hear it in the youtube video you posted, but I think I have a similar problem. Sometimes I hear a cracking sound when changing gears, this sounds like when you unplug an audio cable and you hear a short crack through the speakers..its usually when I have a large grid and high volume. I play with a Turtld Beach Stealth 400 headset.

This is exactly what i mean and what you can hear in the video I hope for a patch soon

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    LOTS of sound pops and cuts. Worsened if there's a large field. Certain cars seem more prone to issues, commonly the engine sound dropping completely.

I will endeavour to upload to YouTube soonest. It's a crying shame. I was hoping to be uploading a truckload of cool clips, not buggy ones...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMachine View Post
    LOTS of sound pops and cuts. Worsened if there's a large field. Certain cars seem more prone to issues, commonly the engine sound dropping completely.

I will endeavour to upload to YouTube soonest. It's a crying shame. I was hoping to be uploading a truckload of cool clips, not buggy ones...
    Yeah it's very sad cause it would be a really cool game without the bugs :/
    Please post the YouTube Videos then in this thread

Audio Director & Composer
    Quote Originally Posted by xMinzman View Post
    Hey !

Hi there - from what I can hear from your You Tube video you are hearing the sound of the blow off valve of the turbo as you change gear, and under heavy braking for that chicane the car is bottoming out (hitting the track) so you are hearing the car scrape the track. I will listen once again when I get to my studio this morning to confirm.
    Dev: i7 920, 12gb ddr3, 1x500gb, 3 x 1tb, 1 x SSD, 2 x ATi silents, RME RayDat (Win 7, 64bit).
    DAW: Mac Pro Trashcan 6 Core, 64gb Ram, 8 x 1tb SSDs, UAD Apollo Quad, AE22a monitoring, Cubase 8, Pro Tools 12.
    Slave 1: Mac Pro dual xeon 8 Core, 28gb Ram, 4 x 1tb HDs, 1 x SSD, 3 x MOTU 2408mk3, UAD2.
    Slave 2: Mac Mini Quad Core i7, 16gb Ram, 2 x SSDs
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Beans n Chips, Stuart Hunt

Platform
    PS4
    Had a few instances of no engine sound. But this is the ONLY game I have to turn my sound system down to 8 as its soo loud! Usually on PS4 games its 16-18 and watching TV its 20-22.

I use optical out, I think the sound is being outputted at too high a value for some systems to handle.
    System: PS4

PSN ID: pablo2008jedi

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    having the same problem with crackling sound in project cars , sound almost like the speaker is broken.
    This problem is only in project cars !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post

This is exactly how i would describe it.like a audio cable wich makes bad contact. It is not how it is supposed to sound, thats for sure.It happens through hdmi and optical.
    I will check tonight if i can reproduce it