Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX ONE & MAD CATZ Pro Racing Wheel

tubbychris1

XBOX ONE & MAD CATZ Pro Racing Wheel

Hi guys

Hope someone can help, or I am the only one who is playing the game with XBOX ONE and the Mad Catz Pro Racing Wheel :/

The game obviously recognises that I have the wheel as when I go to the control settings it shows a nice picture of the wheel I have (although the bottom paddles have LT & RT on the picture and my wheel says LSB & RSB!). I wanted to configure the wheel, I managed to configure the steering but I can not get access to the other configuration settings as my wheel does not have a LT or RT.

Is this a problem with my wheel? or has the game not been properly tested with this wheel?

If anyone has any complete setup guide to using the Mad Catz wheel on the ONE then please let me know. I have found that some cars have completely different steering responses, some of which are pretty poor response.

Thanks

Chris

tubbychris1
    I have also contacted Mad Catz too as I think that (according to their website) it should be as LT & RT bottom paddles not like I have (see pic)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madcatz2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	200863

Platform
    PC
    Moved to XB1 - Technical Help & Support

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Have you tried pressing the pedals....on the TX wheel RT and LT are the accelerate and brake pedals. I think RSB and LSB are the equivalent to clicking the thumbstick in on a pad.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN, Scav3nger

tubbychris1
    Thanks Bobbydakid, I shall give that a go when F1 qualy finished, fingers crossed it works.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes this confused me for a minute when calibrating a TX wheel, then remembered it would be the pedals what are LT and RT
    The following user likes this Post:

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    tubbychris1, I'd be very curious to hear your experiences with the MadCatz wheel once you've got it configured. How does it feel with Project Cars? How's the force feedback. I have the same wheel and have been wondering whether to purchase Project Cars when it releases on Tuesday in the US.

Let's keep this thread alive as I'm sure there are more of us MadCatz owners out there.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbydakid View Post
    Have you tried pressing the pedals....on the TX wheel RT and LT are the accelerate and brake pedals. I think RSB and LSB are the equivalent to clicking the thumbstick in on a pad.
    Correct on that last bit, Right Stick Button and Left Stick Button. Also known as R3 and L3 (where triggers are 1, and bumpers are 2).
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I bought a Mad Catz Pro Racing wheel last week.

Really enjoyed it on the demo for forza horizon 2. Just got project cars yesterday on release and I can see the potential in the wheel but the settings for the calibration are just so complicated I can't get it to work properly - the wheel is either too light or too heavy and I don't know how to set it up!

Yes the force feedback calibration menu has information about what each setting does but my gosh is it technical and I don't know anything about it!

So anyone looking to get a Mad Catz - the build quality is amazing and the force feedback is insane - very powerful and connects you the game (as I experienced in forza) - but as for project cars not sure if it's because of the settings, the game engine itself, or the wheel - but i'll need to come back to you on how it is for project cars until someone helps me set up properly....

tubbychris1
    Quote Originally Posted by preet View Post
    I bought a Mad Catz Pro Racing wheel last week.

Really enjoyed it on the demo for forza horizon 2. Just got project cars yesterday on release and I can see the potential in the wheel but the settings for the calibration are just so complicated I can't get it to work properly - the wheel is either too light or too heavy and I don't know how to set it up!

Yes the force feedback calibration menu has information about what each setting does but my gosh is it technical and I don't know anything about it!

So anyone looking to get a Mad Catz - the build quality is amazing and the force feedback is insane - very powerful and connects you the game (as I experienced in forza) - but as for project cars not sure if it's because of the settings, the game engine itself, or the wheel - but i'll need to come back to you on how it is for project cars until someone helps me set up properly....
    Thanks for your input, I had noticed (and still not got round to configuring yet) that starting a career at kart level I have to switch between 270 and 900 on the switch on the back of the unit whenever I get a invitation to race other cars. If I stick to 900 (which is what it was set at when racing karts) the cars are non responsive, so I switch to 270, but going back to kart racing on that setting the karts are super super super responsive and undrivable... Maybe the patch update and a proper configuration setting for the wheel will solve it.

Maybe one of the mods or testers here who tested the game with the wheel can post a step by step guide to setting up the madcatz wheel for the game

And I agree with your Forza comment, madcatz wheel works great and adds more enjoyment