Thread: Race Replay Controls????

Lightbulb Race Replay Controls????

I'm trying to pull some footage together of some gameplay for a project I'm working on and I can't seem to figure out why I can't free look when replaying a race.... Am I missing something????
    None of the controls I've read work, it's either some viewing angle on a car or preset camera that moves way to fast following said car... Any information for this type of free look/ spectate mode?

Have you tried ctrl + k yet? Sometimes you need to hit that key combination a few times to get it work. When it is working you'll be able to use WASD, and the number pad to control the camera. Also be careful as 5 on the number pad resets the camera to default position. This works well for taking screenshots, but I'm not sure how it will work when collecting moving footage. Could be worth a try though.
    PC Specs: CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.00 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5, Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, OS: Windows 7 64 bit

Flickr Gallery
    The following user likes this Post: SphereOfChaos

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Doesn't work when replay moving live

Platform
    PC
    Little "tips" During the replay outside car view doesn't work with the other view!!!
    But you can't use the different PP filters...

first press CTRL+K is for numpad
    second press CTRL+K you can use your mouse.
    Third press CTRL+K is for a,z,e,q,s,d,w,c
    PROJECT CARS 2 Flickr gallery
    website dedicate to our "first" baby.

PCARS1 aka: kelnor34
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    I keep on hand all of my screenshots in .PNG / FULL RES.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    My Flickr gallery
    Capturing tool DXTORY
    BIG thanks, to SMS team & our Community PAINTERS for your HUGE talent!!!
    A very special THX to Marcel Spuehler & Aldo Zampatti.
    Project C.A.R.S 2 config: DSR-4X smooth 8% / AF:16X / SMAA:Off / FXAA:Off
    CPU: I7 860/2,80 GHZ MB: Asus P7P55D GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC Marcel Spuehler "first owner" RAM: 8GO HDD: 2to OS: win7 (x64)
    BING TRANSLATOR is my best friend here...(maybe).

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Swoopty View Post
    I'm trying to pull some footage together of some gameplay for a project I'm working on and I can't seem to figure out why I can't free look when replaying a race.... Am I missing something????
    None of the controls I've read work, it's either some viewing angle on a car or preset camera that moves way to fast following said car... Any information for this type of free look/ spectate mode?
    Is there any documentation what can we do when watching a (saved) replay ? From this thread I know about Ctrl-K and the numpad + the WSAD keys which works nicely.

What I'm missing is switching to other drivers/cars. Is that possible ?

Also, yesterday I was in a online race where someone obviously must have cut chicanes at LeMans very badly so I wanted to take a look afterwards but that guy wasn't even included in my replay. The replay started on the grid with only 3 cars while there were at least 4 (for sure the cutting chicane driver), I'm sure there were even more. Will the replay only include drivers which were still running at the end, i.e. not leaving the race until the end (because that driver in question left the race/server with 1 lap to go).