Page 407 of 417 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 4163

Thread: Jack Spade - FFB Tweaker Files

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey guys! I tried Jack's FFB settings but I get zero FFB when turning on smooth/flat tracks. I can scrub the tyres from one side of Silverstone to the other and feel absolutely nothing in the wheel (T500S on PS4).

The settings work great for bumpy tracks, but the moment you go into a turn on a smooth track, you cannot feel anything at all, until you come to another bumpy part of the track. In Assetto Corsa this is not the case, so please if anyone knows how to replicate the AC "tyre scrub" FFB in PCars, that would be awesome. Thank you!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by prceurope View Post
    Hey guys! I tried Jack's FFB settings but I get zero FFB when turning on smooth/flat tracks. I can scrub the tyres from one side of Silverstone to the other and feel absolutely nothing in the wheel (T500S on PS4).

The settings work great for bumpy tracks, but the moment you go into a turn on a smooth track, you cannot feel anything at all, until you come to another bumpy part of the track. In Assetto Corsa this is not the case, so please if anyone knows how to replicate the AC "tyre scrub" FFB in PCars, that would be awesome. Thank you!
    Indeed there are several non-bumpy tracks where you don´t get much road response, but at least you´ll notice the kerbs here. AFAIK AC also uses canned effects to help what
    you´re asking for, this isn´t the case in this game, so unfortunately nothing one can do about it.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following user likes this Post: prceurope

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Indeed there are several non-bumpy tracks where you don´t get much road response, but at least you´ll notice the kerbs here. AFAIK AC also uses canned effects to help what
    you´re asking for, this isn´t the case in this game, so unfortunately nothing one can do about it.
    Thanks, Jack. I adjust the slip FFB in AC and it feels pretty realistic when the tyres start to scrub, with varying degrees depending on the speed of the slide, the tyre type, the asphalt condition, etc. Having done a fair bit of track driving IRL, I cannot get used to PCars lack of FFB when the tyres are definitely scrubbing.

With your FFB settings, I definitely notice the kerbs and bumps - that's not an issue for me. I really need to feel the car sliding on hard turning and AC seems to be the only sim/game in which that's happening. I tried adjusting the impact of lateral forces (SoP) and tyre twisting in PCars, but it seems that the game is not transmitting any FFB data when tyres scrub and lose traction. Also it is very hard to detect any loss of traction from the rear wheels. Is there anything that can be done to make PCars generate the maximum amount of road FFB or is it just a game design issue?

Thanks again, your settings rescued an unplayable game!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, Jack. I adjust the slip FFB in AC and it feels pretty realistic when the tyres start to scrub, with varying degrees depending on the speed of the slide, the tyre type, the asphalt condition, etc. Having done a fair bit of track driving IRL, I cannot get used to PCars lack of FFB when the tyres are definitely scrubbing.

With your FFB settings, I definitely notice the kerbs and bumps - that's not an issue for me. I really need to feel the car sliding on hard turning and AC seems to be the only sim/game in which that's happening. I tried adjusting the impact of lateral forces (SoP) and tyre twisting in PCars, but it seems that the game is not transmitting any FFB data when tyres scrub and lose traction. Also it is very hard to detect any loss of traction from the rear wheels. Is there anything that can be done to make PCars generate the maximum amount of road FFB or is it just a game design issue?

Thanks again, your settings rescued an unplayable game!
    You must not forget the steering wheel is attached to the front, so traction loss on the rear won´t appear on the wheel, though it´s a different situation when the rear wants to steps
    out then you get the side load forces as the wheel pulls in opposite direction to where you have it turned to, with the SOP files this seems a bit more pronounced. I agree tire scrub
    could be better. In pCARS2 the tire model (and lots of other stuff of course) is further developed, so certain things are getting better.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following user likes this Post: prceurope

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You must not forget the steering wheel is attached to the front, so traction loss on the rear won´t appear on the wheel, though it´s a different situation when the rear wants to steps
    out then you get the side load forces as the wheel pulls in opposite direction to where you have it turned to, with the SOP files this seems a bit more pronounced. I agree tire scrub
    could be better. In pCARS2 the tire model (and lots of other stuff of course) is further developed, so certain things are getting better.
    I was referring more to losing the back end and feeling that through the wheel, but there should also be a little bit of shudder/scrub detected through the wheel, depending on the car. In PCars I can slide the car almost completely sideways and it's like the car is on some sort of gel - no FFB whatsoever. In AC the scrubbing is really pronounced and, even if it's a "canned effect" it's still better than nothing.

This really is the dealbreaker for me on PCars. I am about to order the CS v3 pedals - do you get brake FFB in PCars with the V2s?

Vielen Dank!

Platform
    PC
    Don't know if it is the right forum to ask but I see two times a Porsche on the pCars ForceFeedback Tweaks site. See image underneath. As far as I know I have all the DLC but with the best will of the world I cannot find those Porches.
    Anybody an idea where those two come from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2119.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	237590

Platform
    PC
    they are mod cars for pc, not for ps4 unfortunately
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jack Spade, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Ah ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I was referring more to losing the back end and feeling that through the wheel, but there should also be a little bit of shudder/scrub detected through the wheel, depending on the car. In PCars I can slide the car almost completely sideways and it's like the car is on some sort of gel - no FFB whatsoever. In AC the scrubbing is really pronounced and, even if it's a "canned effect" it's still better than nothing.

This really is the dealbreaker for me on PCars. I am about to order the CS v3 pedals - do you get brake FFB in PCars with the V2s?

Vielen Dank!
    There would only be a scrubbing effect on the wheel coming from the front tires, understeer.... again in this game this could be better.

CS pedals "brake FFB" (ABS) is some sort of canned effect, IIRC you only get if the pedal is connected to the wheel base. I´m not sure
    if any game directly supports this function, also I could not get it really working with Fanaleds (USB connected)

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    There would only be a scrubbing effect on the wheel coming from the front tires, understeer.... again in this game this could be better.

CS pedals "brake FFB" (ABS) is some sort of canned effect, IIRC you only get if the pedal is connected to the wheel base. I´m not sure
    if any game directly supports this function, also I could not get it really working with Fanaleds (USB connected)
    I really hope they sort the scrubbing for pcars 2. this for me is the main issue in pcars 1 & from what i hear pcars 2 is going down the same route as pcars 1 & relying on purely data 1:1 through the front wheels. AC does the feeling of grip much better but i would say r3e does it even better as it feel more gradual & analogues, its very doubtful you will get this through the raw data of the front wheels only without additional fx.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A