Thread: time trial perfect - practice different

Platform
    PS4

time trial perfect - practice different

Is this a glitch?

I have my controller settings perfect on time trial
    i take it then on to practice mode to hopefully fine tune the same car
    but find that my controller settings don't react at all in the same way as they do on time trial???

Glitch?

WMD Member
    If I'm reading your post correctly you issue's may be down to the two modes.

Time trial always starts with warm tires, but practice starts with cold. There is a massive difference to the cars handling with these two. In practice you'll need to nurse the car around the track for a couple of laps until the tires become green (They are blue cold at start). When all tires are green (You can see this on the display), the car will handle like it does on time trial.

I hope that helps?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DozUK View Post

Time trial always starts with warm tires, but practice starts with cold. There is a massive difference to the cars handling with these two. In practice you'll need to nurse the car around the track for a couple of laps until the tires become green (They are blue cold at start). When all tires are green (You can see this on the display), the car will handle like it does on time trial.

I hope that helps?
    To add to this: There are cars where the tires are preheated in every mode (GT3 and Formula A for example). But you also have to take into account that track conditions are different.
    Track are "rubbered in" in TT while they are "green" at the start of a practice session.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    TT and FP have completely different conditions as regards tires and track conditions.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by DozUK View Post

I hope that helps?
    Yes that did help, thank you