Thread: black screen

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

black screen

hey guys i finally got my copy of pcars after shipping delay and got it all installed graphics settings optimized through geforce experience drivers all up to date but if i try to skip the intro video or click on any of the menus or anything my screen just goes black and does nothing im forced to ctrl+alt+del and close the game so i can do anythin on my pc at all. my system specs are in my signiture if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue it would be appreciated.
    intel i7-3770k 3.5ghz ivy bridge, 2x leadtek nvidia gtx 680 sli, 32gb ddr3 corsiar vengence 1866mhz ram, 3x asus 27" led 144hz 3d monitors, fanatec clubsport pedals v2, clubsport wheelbase v1 with bmw rim, clubsport sq shifter. windows 7 64bit.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wascalyryan View Post
    hey guys i finally got my copy of pcars after shipping delay and got it all installed graphics settings optimized through geforce experience drivers all up to date but if i try to skip the intro video or click on any of the menus or anything my screen just goes black and does nothing im forced to ctrl+alt+del and close the game so i can do anythin on my pc at all. my system specs are in my signiture if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue it would be appreciated.
    Is there any crash or message or soemthing when you ALt+tab or control+alt+delete out of the game?

EDIT: If nothings shown, please wait for a couple of minutes to see if a crash message appears or something
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same issue...

Sometimes the game will start after about 3 minutes; other times, i can hear the game music, but not see anything.

To fix, i have to ctl+alt+del, kill the process and relaunch the program. I may have to do this 2 or 3 times before the game actually launches.

Platform
    PC
    Try Right/click on the EXE (PCARS or PCARS64) and go properties, set compatibility mode to Windows 7 and enable run it as an Admin and give it a go.

Also, as said before in other threads. Be sure not to have ANY background programs running such as MSI AfterBurner, Logitech profiler, GeForce Experience. ETC
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)