Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid question of the year

Platform
    XBOX1

Stupid question of the year

Yep....I can't believe that I'm going to ask this, but I'm not one of these young guys who plays online all the time or has "friends" or "fun".

So the question is that if I was to look to change this and play online with others do I have to have an xBox Live account? I'm still not really sure what in the heck that is all about because I am "lame" and "old" and "quote" words to look "clever."
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chillgreg, Supaaafly, the dark one, yusupov

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Are you the same guy who posted the progressive brake mod on isr??

To play online with anybody you need to be an "xbox gold member".

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    From one oldie to another....Yes you will have to have a Live account to play online. There several levels of accounts. Get the "GOLD" account for one year if you can afford it. Bout $60.00 bucks. If not the three month run about half that. Also check the literature inside any game case you may have purchased. There is some times a free one to three month trial code. Also inside the box your xbox came provided you bought it new. These will extend your time period therefor lowering cost. Cya on the track oldtimer!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefelluh View Post
    Are you the same guy who posted the progressive brake mod on isr??

To play online with anybody you need to be an "xbox gold member".
    That's me.
    The following user likes this Post: Rockefelluh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Gillen View Post
    From one oldie to another....Yes you will have to have a Live account to play online. There several levels of accounts. Get the "GOLD" account for one year if you can afford it. Bout $60.00 bucks. If not the three month run about half that. Also check the literature inside any game case you may have purchased. There is some times a free one to three month trial code. Also inside the box your xbox came provided you bought it new. These will extend your time period therefor lowering cost. Cya on the track oldtimer!
    Thanks. I think that I can try it out for a month for free and decide if I'm going to stick with it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ashasha View Post
    Thanks. I think that I can try it out for a month for free and decide if I'm going to stick with it.
    Awesome! I just did the mod, can't wait to try it out on Pcars when it drops in the U.S. The brake feel is pretty poor on the TX pedals as is.

I have a 7 day trial if you need it. I can message you the code if the one month doesn't work.
    The following user likes this Post: ashasha

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If you decide to get it for a full year DO NOT pay anywhere near $60. You can get deals all the time for around $40 (or a little less). I've never spent more than $40 a year in the 12 years I've been on Xbox Live.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ashasha, Rockefelluh, talby71, thisisbleep

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadHuskerFan View Post
    If you decide to get it for a full year DO NOT pay anywhere near $60. You can get deals all the time for around $40 (or a little less). I've never spent more than $40 a year in the 12 years I've been on Xbox Live.
    Yes and definitely do not pay monthly because it is even more expensive.

Also note that if you do subscribe to automatic renewals Microsoft make it very hard to cancel, so it is best to buy the 12 month codes (normally you can find 12 +1 month codes as well for the same price).
    CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GB | MoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 | PSU: Corsair CS750M | HDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & WD 4TB HDD | OS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bit | Display: LG 42" TV | Audio: Logitech Z906 | Control: Xbox 360 controller
    The following user likes this Post: chillgreg

Platform
    XBOX1
    check out cdkeys.com for Xbox Live deals, they usually have it for about half the price for a year! Use them all the time to buy 50 codes to buy games cheaper
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ashasha, SpeedFreakDTM

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by itakethepics View Post
    check out cdkeys.com for Xbox Live deals, they usually have it for about half the price for a year! Use them all the time to buy 50 codes to buy games cheaper
    Meant to thank you for the tip. Worked out great, got a year for like half price.
    The following user likes this Post: