Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Like to See in Online Play ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

What Would You Like to See in Online Play ?

Made a thread as noone else has bothered but many are whingeing - including me !

Keep it sensible and down to 2 or 3 items, or nothing will get done:

I'll kick off with with what I've come across thus far:

1) Rating System - based on the ELO system - with Rated and Unrated lobbies.

2) A penalty system that people can vote for if drivers act like idiots.

3) Some type of collision control system - either ghosts, or a way of flagging someone if they shunt someone from behind.

4) In-Race chat with Quick Comments assigned to keys

5) Multi-race tournaments to keep people in the lobby and chatting to each other - play nice !
    The following 5 users likes this Post: 321Respawn, Dasidnii, McKiernan, Mike Laskey, Pink_650S

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    1) First and foremost a better way to get the ramming fools out of the races.

2) What you said about the multiple race tournament.

3) Some sort of team system so you can have team races and perhaps a clan type ladder.

Platform
    PC
    1) An easy in-race voting system. Press ESC; vote kick; rammer. | Other players have to press F1/F2 F1 for yes, F2 for no.
    Although u lose time mid race, u still win time cause u wont get rammed anymore.

-)If the rammer gets kicked from multiple servers, they get moved to a 'bad drivers server' where all the rammers get together.
    (it's a kind of GTA5 online thing, al bad sports get with bad sports.)

I like ur number 4; like let me through im faster, those kinds of things. But people with steering wheel need to lean over to there keyboards. Kinda hard. but could be done though.
    Same goes for 5, nice idea and accually should already be in the game if u tell me.
    Case -Alienware Area 51 Late 2014
    Monitor/OS -LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 (Curved) / Windows 8.1
    GPU/STORAGE -SLI Nvidia GTX 980 Reference Cards / 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
    CPU/RAM -Intel I7 5820K 6 Cores, 3.3Ghz - 3.8Ghz Boost / 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 2.133Mhz (4x4GB)

ProjectCARS Setup -Xbox one Controller / No Traction Control / Anti brake system On / Manual Gearing / Helmet View

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    a system similar to iracing but not as strict, it would require better driving to get in to race with top cars, eliminates the trolls

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Like the voting system. With the option to review at the end of the race.

Like the splitting of clean and dirty drivers on different servers. I don't like iracing where they limit top cars to clean drivers. Also means it limits new drivers and they are stuck with the rammers for a while. Split into servers or groups is better.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i would really like to see:

1. Removing rammers or race crashers such as them being placed in there own races amongst votes and gameplay reviews

2.Penalizing a driver by other drivers if they are acting out or just wrecking people.

3. Penalities build into the game you purposely crash people on the starts then you get a few min ban and continue to increase

4. Competitive ladders and such in game

5. Competitive things are implemented into the game such that all players have access to ladders and tournaments and have options of joining.

6. This has to go with 5 but making it so people can create events on a public calendar ingame so that they can pick and choose event to compete in.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Be nice to know what "session" the servers in before you click join ....

there seems to be a bug when you are joining a session in progress with less then 5 min of Quall left .. sometimes you can't get in at all (by designee?) or sometimes you get in but DRIVE is locked and greyed out ,if fact everything's locked except EXIT and LOBBY ..

Once Q is over it puts you in the race but with limited view where you cant cycle cockpit views ..

once the race ends and server cycles and you get in from the start or early enough, all is fine again and you can cycle views and use DRIVE, Garage ectt...

Platform
    PC
    I would like to see essentially the same functionality as iRacing has. You can easily spec cars during online practice from multiple camera angles, you can watch a replay easily at any time (like if you wreck out of a race). Right now, as far as I can tell, you can only view a multiplayer replay by actually completing the race, then watching it later offline. Welcome to 1995. Actually Grand Prix Legends had better multiplayer functionality. I know it's still a WIP to some degree, so hopefully this stuff will come along soon.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Most interesting thing that ot was ok on launch and now it mostly always fails to connect..

OffT: why do people keep disabling ABS fot their lobbies? Its damn safety! So stupid to ride without ABS (its ok to ride without other helps)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I would like to see the option for track days, that start at the time of creation and use weather from current circuit with out a time limit and obviously no need to set a race distance as none. Also the ability to specify exactly the cars and number of them to be used would be nice too. Once in the lobby able to swap cars once available would be good rather than exit and lobby closes down.