Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handling? I mean what the..?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thumbs up Handling? I mean what the..?

Am I the only one who is not very entertained or impressed by the handling characteristics in this game?

The main issue here might be Sony who won't allow me to play using my G27, those coc****ing b********* ******** ****....

But then I arrive at a corner, and of course I get a slide going because that's what I do. Would be boring otherwise. So I flick on some oppo to correct it, but nothing happens??? In every car/racecar or gocart I've ever driven, applying opposite lock is something that you do in a split second, so to watch the in game steering wheel crawl over to the other side while I'm already facing the wrong way on the track is.. How do I put this.. Frustrating. But then if by some chance the game managed to move its ass fast enough to catch the slide, the car immediately hurls itself into the opposite bush, or at least gets on a tankslapper that will not, and I've checked this, stop slapping. I've counted 6 or 7 slides without the b***ard letting me straighten out. It's just shit.

Then there is the high-speed stability. A gocart is a vehicle you can place to within an inch, no matter how fast you're going. So if I'm going 150mph in one of those stupid racing carts, I might want to adjust my line slightly. So I move the stick like it was the trigger to my own guillotine, to which the little shit hurls itself sideways into the wall. Or it brings on a slide it won't let me correct, and hurls itself into the opposite wall. So etiher way, touch the stick and I'm in the wall. This does become tedious over a period of time.

I've played racing games for over 13 years, and I've also gone track racing and cart racing. This game is not terribly realistic, and it's not very fun. I'll give it one more go as soon as those f***ers at Sony let me plug in my G27, but until then I'll go back to DriveClub, which apart from the ******************* traction control issue, is a hugely entertaining game to drive. Or better still, Live for Speed. The best racing game ever created.

I waited for this game for over 6 months, thinking it was going to be the best game ever made. I just isn't. Making a game with the same handling characteristics as a real racing car is a huge mistake, because how can I react to the cars movements when my ass is sat in my sofa at home? When I see the car move it is already too late. So you have to adapt a way of driving that has nothing to do with realism.
    The following user likes this Post: Goodlybenny45

Umer Ahmad
    You're on PS4 correct? With the dualshock controller?

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Making a game with the same handling characteristics as a real racing car is a huge mistake
    Never heard that one before....
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 7 users likes this Post: Awong124, k.merse, mister dog, Obsidian, PTG Claret, rolandk10, TheReaper GT

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    First of all you need a good wheel and the wheel to be setup well if you can not use your G27 in the sony hook it up to your PC and play them game with your PC. Then the handling is both realistic, good and you can react to the car movements by reading the wheel.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah return to DriveClub that game race is finally not for you !! this SimulationRace is only for racing driver !!
    CPU: INTEL 2600K 4.6GHZ GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G - 4 Go MoBo: ASUS maximus formula 3 RAM: 16GB G.Skill HDD: 3x 256 Crucial SSD

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Realism-hunter View Post
    Am I the only one who is not very entertained or impressed by the handling characteristics in this game?

The main issue here might be Sony who won't allow me to play using my G27, those coc****ing b********* ******** ****....

But then I arrive at a corner, and of course I get a slide going because that's what I do. Would be boring otherwise. So I flick on some oppo to correct it, but nothing happens??? In every car/racecar or gocart I've ever driven, applying opposite lock is something that you do in a split second, so to watch the in game steering wheel crawl over to the other side while I'm already facing the wrong way on the track is.. How do I put this.. Frustrating. But then if by some chance the game managed to move its ass fast enough to catch the slide, the car immediately hurls itself into the opposite bush, or at least gets on a tankslapper that will not, and I've checked this, stop slapping. I've counted 6 or 7 slides without the b***ard letting me straighten out. It's just shit.

Then there is the high-speed stability. A gocart is a vehicle you can place to within an inch, no matter how fast you're going. So if I'm going 150mph in one of those stupid racing carts, I might want to adjust my line slightly. So I move the stick like it was the trigger to my own guillotine, to which the little shit hurls itself sideways into the wall. Or it brings on a slide it won't let me correct, and hurls itself into the opposite wall. So etiher way, touch the stick and I'm in the wall. This does become tedious over a period of time.

I've played racing games for over 13 years, and I've also gone track racing and cart racing. This game is not terribly realistic, and it's not very fun. I'll give it one more go as soon as those f***ers at Sony let me plug in my G27, but until then I'll go back to DriveClub, which apart from the ******************* traction control issue, is a hugely entertaining game to drive. Or better still, Live for Speed. The best racing game ever created.

I waited for this game for over 6 months, thinking it was going to be the best game ever made. I just isn't. Making a game with the same handling characteristics as a real racing car is a huge mistake, because how can I react to the cars movements when my ass is sat in my sofa at home? When I see the car move it is already too late. So you have to adapt a way of driving that has nothing to do with realism.
    WTH would you want to slide through a corner?

Umer Ahmad
    Hang on guys, sounds like a sub-optimal controller setting. OP you shoukd review the dualshock thread for some configuration tips. And experiment with some different cars oerhaps. BRNO is a good practice circuit. Lots of constant radius 3rd gear corners
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Platform
    PS4
    Controller filtering (the one below speed sensitivity) setting too high. I found that setting dictates the speed of rotation of the in-game steering wheel in relation to the thumb stick.
    FM5 I had the same issue. In pCars I can tweak it.
    Now I can even catch slides in the FA more often than not
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

MrFlibble81
    Even if the OP is using a controller, I read the other day that you can use the PS4's motion control to control to steer with. I've not tried it so I'm not sure if it's true but I read that somewhere.

But I agree with what someone else said above -- Why the hell would you want to slide into a corner?? That is going to make you very slow!