Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick of being treated like dirt by WMD! - How to delete my WMD profile please?

Kart Driver

Sick of being treated like dirt by WMD! - How to delete my WMD profile please?

Would someone please provide some steps on how to permanently delete my WMD account.

All I have seen (now dealing with myself) is WMD members (anyone with a WMD or Backer title) on a "WMD POWER-TRIP" (not all WMD members but a majority) on both WMD and Steam forums.
    - disrespect, arrogance, ignorance, and overall conduct themselves and represent SMS in an unprofessional manner!
    ... I've been observing this before release on Steam and now within WMD forums itself as well.

Currently been dealing with a growing group of WMD trolls attacking a very harmless opinion about damage physics in reply to the thread topic.
    - such actions are uncalled for and only hurt SMS's reputation.
    ... seen here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post901635

"WMD Stalker"
    Profile has been viewed by other WMD members since then, WMD members stalking other threads and posts by the user,

"WMD Troll"
    Starting off-topic arguments and refusing to back off after kindly asked, picking at words and phrases used,

"WMD Pack"
    WMD members stick together and don't set one-another straight, other WMD members attacking my posts, WMD moderators joining in or defending other WMD members,

"WMD Mr. Right"
    Regardless how factual posts/threads are (facts presented) they won't accept they are wrong in their off-topic argument and proceed to make the user feel less knowledgeable/intelligent,

No I will not waste time weeding out these trolls for WMD so do not ask for other examples please.
    - wasted enough time dealing with trolls in MP lobbies/sessions as it is.
    - there are detailed videos online (YouTube) pointing these people out (why people were banned, WMD trolling, WMD stalkers, etc.)

At this point I would like to completely remove my account, contact details, and not take part in this SMS/WMD experience.

A quick post would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

*It is not my responsibility to complain for others - if anyone has something to say/share they can do so now!*
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 13-05-2015 at 01:41.
    The following user likes this Post: Ponky

Platform
    PC
    Sorry to hear that you feel you have had a bad experience.

I am not familiar with the details, so i will not comment on any specific instances, but if you feel this way, then the simplest thing would be to just not come onto the forums for a bit.

Things may change and you may want to come back later on and have another look around.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Henstridge View Post
    Sorry to hear that you feel you have had a bad experience.

I am not familiar with the details, so i will not comment on any specific instances, but if you feel this way, then the simplest thing would be to just not come onto the forums for a bit.

Things may change and you may want to come back later on and have another look around.
    Thanks... will consider that option as well. I've been around enough people on power-trips in the military - its a shame to see this in a racing community!
    - seen some options to block/ignore users but I don't feel I should have to do this to half the community in order to have a good experience.

In the meantime I am convinced this is not the community for me... WMD is being treated as a glorified "clan-tag" by many (these type of people is why I don't bother with clans)
    - All this forum needs is moderators to keep things in order... no one should be titled as "greater-than" the other member of the community (which we all are)
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 13-05-2015 at 00:38.

Platform
    PC
    See you bye
    Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10
    Logitech G27 | Thrustmaster Warthog | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Fiio E10K DAC

Platform
    PC
    give anyone a title of any sort and 90% of them become pompous.
    WIN10 x64/MSI 970A-G46/AMD FX4300/16Gb RAM/AMD HD 7870

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by nhitrac View Post
    See you bye
    You will fit right in...
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CPS-3, ferretfing, nhitrac

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JSNFARRELL View Post
    - such actions are uncalled for and only hurt SMS's reputation.
    ... seen here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post901635
    To be fair, Bealdor is right.

Look at that quote:
    ...we as a group in SMS now did absolutely everything on GT Legends and absolutely everything on GTR2 with the exception some textures on two cockpits.
    Source: https://disqus.com/home/discussion/v...ent-1573772671
    CPU : Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz Quad-Core 3.0GHz Memory: 8Gb RAM GPU: N560GTX-Ti HAWK Wheels: G25 and Driving Force GT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/C172fccc/featured
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/id/c172fccc
    flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/c172fccc/
    The following user likes this Post: Patrik Marek

I don't think it's right for you to generalize "WMD" members like that. This is, afterall, the internet. Just because you clashed with a few guys doesn't mean anything. Remember, there is somewhere around 80k people there. Of that, only about 20% of them took part in the development and frequented the forums. By that, I mean made at least 1 post on WMD forums. That's not a big number.

Now since the game has been released, more people have come out of the woodwork. Just because they're tagged as WMD member means absolutely nothing.

You'll find the same thing with new people. Some are here for the right reasons to join in on the community, improve the game, and enjoy themselves. Others are here to bash people and troll the internet. It's really no different than anywhere else.
    CPU: i7 920 4.02GHz - H100 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB | Racing Wheel: Logitech G25

Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Audio: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro with 5.1 Surround | Display: Asus 26" 1920X1200

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000 MHz | PSU: Corsair HX1050 | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G15 & G500 | OS: Windows 8 64-bit

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by c172fccc View Post
    To be fair, Bealdor is right.

Look at that quote:

Source: https://disqus.com/home/discussion/v...ent-1573772671
    Thanks for the source!
    What you shared is a forum discussion where such things are "claimed"... what I shared is the legal matters and other facts set in stone.
    What they "claimed" such as the source you provided is why SimBin took legal actions against SMS...
    (WMD in this case - claiming they made GTR2 could land SMS in another legal dispute if this continues to be presented as factual information in relation to Project CARS as it was with Shift)
    SMS did not make GTR2, Legends, etc. - They loaned out a small group (20-30) of people to assist.
    Regardless it was off topic
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 13-05-2015 at 01:37.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
    I don't think it's right for you to generalize "WMD" members like that. This is, afterall, the internet. Just because you clashed with a few guys doesn't mean anything. Remember, there is somewhere around 80k people there. Of that, only about 20% of them took part in the development and frequented the forums. By that, I mean made at least 1 post on WMD forums. That's not a big number.

Now since the game has been released, more people have come out of the woodwork. Just because they're tagged as WMD member means absolutely nothing.

You'll find the same thing with new people. Some are here for the right reasons to join in on the community, improve the game, and enjoy themselves. Others are here to bash people and troll the internet. It's really no different than anywhere else.
    Agreed that not "all" WMD members are like this... but from observation I see its a large portion while your average Joe can take part in a discussion more professionally.
    Its been clear for some time (from what I have been observing) that the SMS/WMD community is not for me... this experience sums it up.

Simply said - my main focus is to not be part of this WMD nightmare (personal experience) anymore...
    - I've opened it up as a complaint in hopes others would point on similar issues in an attempt to make this issue clearer instead of just "my word against yours"

If a moderator could remove my profile/account (per request) so I can carry on without further issues I would greatly appreciate it!
    - Please notify me this will be done.
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 13-05-2015 at 01:48.