Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal FFB Settings for XB1/PS4 Spreadsheet

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you for the setups.
    The following user likes this Post: Wootball

Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    I personally haven't experienced that yet. The cars I have did practice with & time trial with behaved the same for me thus far.
    Yeah well its also loosing feedback completly at times when i go from one mode to the next

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T View Post
    Yeah well its also loosing feedback completly at times when i go from one mode to the next
    Usually hitting silver Xbox button on the wheel to the console dashboard & going back to the game fixes it (or on dashboard hit silver Xbox button again like you want to cut off console but hit cancel & go back to game). If that doesn't work, you have to unplug wheel (usb 1st then power cord). Then plug back up (power cord 1st then usb). Make sure you fully press down your brake pedal for 3 seconds, then release. Then gas pedal the same & clutch the same. Do them all seperate. That makes sure they are correctly calibrated.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This makes perfect sense & I'll give this a go, after work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-16-26-1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	203891
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED

Platform
    PC
    Awesome!
    i7 2700|Windows 10 Pro|Asus PZ868 Deluxe|16GB 1600Mhz ram|Nvidia Titan|OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD|OZC Vertex 120GB SSD|WD Caviar Black 1TB|Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W PSU|Coolermaster Cosmos II case|Triple BenQ 27" GW2760HS|Logitech G19 keyboard|Logitech Mouse|CSW V2|918 RSR Rim|CSP V2|CSS|CSHB|

Kart Driver
    Thanks for posting these files.

I can't see setting 1 in part 1: changing force feedback from 75 to 100. Where is this? I presume it's on the same screen as Tire Force but I can't see it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The Johnx View Post
    Thanks for posting these files.

I can't see setting 1 in part 1: changing force feedback from 75 to 100. Where is this? I presume it's on the same screen as Tire Force but I can't see it.
    That should be under Options & Help < Controls < Configuration. Scroll down to get to FFB.
    The following user likes this Post: The Johnx

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I want to thank the individual who took the time to put this guide together. I have been experimenting on my own with wheel settings for my TX, but I tried these tonight and wow, what a difference. The only changes I made were to set the tire force to 150, and set the dead zone removal to the first notch which I think is 0.10. This gives a bit of resistance right around the center point, but not enough to cause any weird oscillation.

I just set the 5th fastest time at greenwood in a 250 kart, and 9th fastest at Sonoma GP in a formula A. Both times were within 5 laps of starting.

I used to race shifterkarts professionally, and I've been a forza junkie for years. This game is head and shoulders better than any sim I've tried. I'm stoked.
    The following user likes this Post: stux

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Thrustmaster TX Wheel fix

Hello fellow Thrustmaster TX wheel users. After trying several of my own tests and the ones listed here for setting up the wheel to be able to at least drive all the cars, I have come up with a solution that has worked for every car I set it on so far. Start by making sure your TX wheel is set at 900 DOR at the Thrustmaster website when you load or update your firmware. Load Project Cars on the console and make sure the start screen comes up. Start the game. This is going to be a very detailed post, bear with me. Go to Options/Help and calibrate the wheel. Follow the instructions and rotate the wheel either counter clockwise or clockwise and make sure you go to 100. You may have to pull the wheel more to get there. Hit next or save and rotate the wheel clockwise till it reads 900. Let go of the wheel and make sure it stays at 900 then hit the A button to save it. Now for the fun stuff. Many of you posting on the boards have been complaining about the game itself or the TX wheel. Neither one is the problem, it's how you set the feedback and response up initially that is the issue. Go to gameplay settings and do the following:

Steering Deadzone 0
    Steering sensitivity 100
    Throttle Deadzone 0
    Throttle Sensitivity 100
    Brake Deadzone 0
    Brake Sensitivity 100
    Clutch Deadzone 0
    Clutch Sensitivity 50-100

Speed Sensitivity 0
    Controller Filtering 0
    Damper Saturation 0
    Force Feedback 100
    Controller Mode 3
    Advance Off - start by turning this on and change the follow, then turn it off to lock them in place
    Soft Steering Dampering ON
    Visual Wheel Filtering ON
    Opposite Lock Help OFF

Now adjust these settings:

Tire Force 200
    Per Wheel Movement 0
    Per Wheel Movement Squared 0
    Wheel Position Smoothing 0
    Deadzone Removal Range 0
    Deadzone Removal Falloff 0

Linkage Scale 0
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00
    Linkage Dampering 1.00
    Relative adjust gain 1.08
    Relative adjust bleed 0.10
    Relative adjust clamp 0.96
    Scoop knee 0.90
    Scoop reduction 0.15
    Soft clipping half output 0.00 - do not move from zero, you will never get it back unless you start all over
    Soft clipping full output 0.00

Save and exit out and go to your garage. Start by selecting the series of car you want to use whether it is GT, Prototype, ect. Next select the car manufacturer you want to test whether it be BMW, RUF, ect. Now, create a new setup. The base setups for the cars are great and most of us are in no way professional drivers in real life, but want to be able to drive these cars with the TX wheel. The only thing you should change on the 1st page is the Traction Control Slip. Move this up 5% if the car is stepping out on you. Tab over to set the force feedback master scale and do the following:

Master Scale 80
    Fx Scale 100.01 default setting
    Fy Scale 40.00
    Fz Scale 0.01
    Mz Scale 0.01

Fx Smoothing 20-30
    Fy Smoothing 0.0
    Fz Smoothing 200.0
    Mz Smoothing 200.0

Arm Angle - Increase this by 500 - 800. Some of the cars have a negative value, just use the D pad and right click 5 - 8 times.

Start by saving this to 1 track that you like. I enjoyed it so much that I saved it to every track automatically. My test track was Brands Hatch GP in the great country of the U.K. So much more fun now that the wheel stays put in the straights and holds in the turns. I am in no way the fastest, but wanted to be able to drive the cars and the tracks with the TX wheel. Some of you may have issues with these perimeter settings, but you can do 1 of 2 things:

1. MAN UP and drive the cars like you stole them OR
    2. Wimp out and reduce the master scale down to a weaker level - your call

The only assist I have on is the ABS and I may turn that off as well.

Have fun and remember - it's just a game.
    Last edited by tripglaze2; 22-05-2015 at 16:45.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootball View Post
    These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are two sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
    rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

Download from Google Drive here:

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
    PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

Let me know if there are any problems!
    avez vous une version pdf ou excel en Français?