Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I found the perfect DRIVER STAND (at Home Depot!)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

I found the perfect DRIVER STAND (at Home Depot!)

Peoples.....listen up, if you want THE PERFECT driver stand, for only $30, you need to get to HOME DEPOT immediately. I was hell bent on finding something to replace my folding snack table, and I came across this last night.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Fl...9934/100618242

You can rotate the table top part of it, so it goes in the same direction as the legs, and the T80 (in my case) locks perfectly onto the top. Snug and secure.

The pedals go underneath, and the best part is, the middle pole comes down and presses down onto the pedals and keeps them in place. The bar in the middle doesn't affect your feet either, since on is on one side, and the other is on the other.

I have the entire stand pressed flush up to my tv stand, and my recliner behind it. It's unbelievably perfect! I had to share this find with everyone else.

I'll post pictures when I get home today to further clarify.

Enjoy!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by koopakarma View Post
    Good post mate. I use the T80 wheel with a wheel stand pro which set me back 130 quid for them both . Ok the T80 may not be the best wheel but i have found it amazing to use on project cars and i am winning races way more than a lousy joypad on ps4. I actually love the wheel for the price.

Attachment 202667Attachment 202668
    I hear ya. The wheel is great for the price.

But the real star of the show is this cheap stand I found at Home Depot! lol

Best part is, it'll work with whatever wheel ya want.
    The following user likes this Post: koopakarma

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm View Post
    Peoples.....listen up, if you want THE PERFECT driver stand, for only $30, you need to get to HOME DEPOT immediately. I was hell bent on finding something to replace my folding snack table, and I came across this last night.

You can rotate the table top part of it, so it goes in the same direction as the legs, and the T80 (in my case) locks perfectly onto the top. Snug and secure.

The pedals go underneath, and the best part is, the middle pole comes down and presses down onto the pedals and keeps them in place. The bar in the middle doesn't affect your feet either, since on is on one side, and the other is on the other.

I have the entire stand pressed flush up to my tv stand, and my recliner behind it. It's unbelievably perfect! I had to share this find with everyone else.

Enjoy!
    I must admit that I am jealous you spent so little as that looks perfect haha. Good find and glad to hear it works well!
    Looking for some friendly Project Cars players to race with. Feel free to add me on Steam or the Forums!

Platform
    PC
    Thats a neat little stand. Nice find!!

I considered looking for something like that, but ive decided to build my own stand for my T100 wheel out of lumber.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
    Thats a neat little stand. Nice find!!

I considered looking for something like that, but ive decided to build my own stand for my T100 wheel out of lumber.
    Well a Morgan (British built car) is made mostly from wood so why not !

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm View Post

Enjoy!

Can you provide a picture of your setup. I might do this otherwise here comes the pvc pipes. Not ment to jack your thread, but does anyone have any plans to build a pvc driver stand?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedersm View Post
    Can you provide a picture of your setup. I might do this otherwise here comes the pvc pipes. Not ment to jack your thread, but does anyone have any plans to build a pvc driver stand?
    Funny you mention PVC...cause I was AT HomeDepot initially for PVC when I stumbled across this stand. lol.

I went with the stand over the PVC due to it's "collapsibility" ...the Mrs. wouldn't care too much for a huge PVC structure in the livingroom.

And yes, I'll gladly snap some pics when I get home today around 4-ish. Stay tuned.

Platform
    PS4
    The T80 does not have force feedback. That stand will not stand up to anything with decent force feedback. Even without force feedback it looks like you are giving up some amount of control on that stand. If the stand move are flexes you are giving up some amount of control or direct feel.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDRIFT View Post
    The T80 does not have force feedback. That stand will not stand up to anything with decent force feedback. Even without force feedback it looks like you are giving up some amount of control on that stand. If the stand move are flexes you are giving up some amount of control or direct feel.
    You tried it?

It's solid as can be, the legs are steel...and heavy too. I don't suspect it's going anywhere. The thing is made for doing construction work atop of it, I'm sure a plastic wheel will be fine. (even with FFB)

I might have misspoke when I said it has a little give to it, I should've just said "no, it doesn't."

I'm curious as to a FFB owner trying it out now.

Platform
    PC
    Waiting for pics and looking for something like that here in France!!!
    • AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (OC to 4.1GHz)
    • MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB OC Edition
    • 16GB RAM G.Skill Fortis DDR4 2400