Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Invalid Lap Time & Next Lap Invalidated Toggle Option

Platform
    PC
    That is one thing that really makes me rage, i agree it's aboslutely necessary to avoid exploiting (like in the recent laguna seca event) but getting your next lap invalidated because you GO WIDE (no cutting) off the track 2 corners and 1 km before finish line is ridicolous

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    That is one thing that really makes me rage, i agree it's aboslutely necessary to avoid exploiting (like in the recent laguna seca event) but getting your next lap invalidated because you GO WIDE (no cutting) off the track 2 corners and 1 km before finish line is ridicolous
    Can you educate me on why it's necessary? I believe you that it is but I can see no reason for it.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Can you educate me on why it's necessary? I believe you that it is but I can see no reason for it.
    just imagine cutting last 2 chicanes at le mans and crossing finish line 60-70kph faster than usual

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    just imagine cutting last 2 chicanes at le mans and crossing finish line 60-70kph faster than usual
    In that case, yeah absolutely. I was referring to your example of running wide and getting penalized. I don't see the logic in that.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry in advance if I come off a bit over the top, but getting a "next lap invalidated" in Le Mans in any part of the track before the last 4 turns is driving me to hair loss, and I need somewhere to vent. Maybe it's because I'm trying to learn how to drive the Aventador, which for me brings its own level of frustration.

I can tell you why this "feature" is absolutely NOT necessary: It is detracting me from enjoying the game so much, that I'm starting to think that uninstalling this game is a good idea. Forget about buying Project Cars 3 whenever it comes out. I guarantee you that if I see any "next lap invalidated" for any questionable reason in any forum for that game, I'll definitely not be buying it. Remember that for every one of me saying something, there are going to be 100s of other people who are equally frustrated, but don't say anything.

There's nothing as frustrating as the race-hole director telling you that not only was the last 4-5 minutes a complete waste of your life, but wait: here comes another 4-5 minutes that will also be a waste of your life. Put those together, and it's 10 minutes down the toilet.

There has got to be a happy medium in here somewhere where you can still enjoy learning the game without these strikes against you. At least disable uploading a score if you disable "next lap invalidated", or something like that. But as it is, I'm supposed to be driving the car. Not the other way around. This is driving me nuts.