Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T300 RS Dead?

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben96_ View Post
    I hope so! How did you sort it out in the end?

I haven't!

Still got no reply from them! It's been 8 days now, can't believe it...

I fear they will reply with a standard instruction sen: update the firmware etc... First of all I should not have to update any firmware, I bought the device and they should tak care of the rest, including updates. Secondly, obvously the firmware can't be updated as there is no power. But I'll have to wait god know how long again. Complete disapointment..

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by slovoflud View Post
    I haven't!

I fear they will reply with a standard instruction sen: update the firmware etc... First of all I should not have to update any firmware, I bought the device and they should tak care of the rest, including updates. Secondly, obvously the firmware can't be updated as there is no power. But I'll have to wait god know how long again. Complete disapointment..
    Well, if they introduce new firmware, they have no way of automatically installing it to your device. You'll have to do it yourself at some point. They will have installed the latest one they had at the time before the wheel left their facility, but if you bought one that was sitting in the vendor's stock for a while it might not have the latest firmware, and there's not really anything Thrustmaster could have done about that.

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Awong124 View Post
    Well, if they introduce new firmware, they have no way of automatically installing it to your device. You'll have to do it yourself at some point. They will have installed the latest one they had at the time before the wheel left their facility, but if you bought one that was sitting in the vendor's stock for a while it might not have the latest firmware, and there's not really anything Thrustmaster could have done about that.
    I understand that, and it was a side thought. The problem is not the firmware (although it is still a problem for not tech saavy people), the problem is their technical support, who just ignore you for weeks, while your new wheel collects dust.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Im getting it replaced from the shop where I bought it, but yet i dont know whats the problem with the wheel.. Is just just bad luck or maybe the cables got ruined
    Quote Originally Posted by slovoflud View Post
    I haven't!

Kart Driver
    Here is my update:

After contacting the Facebook Thrustmaster guy (he seems to be online most of the days), he appologised for the delay, and support got in touch with me in a couple of hours. Here's the reply:

--------------------
    Regarding your T300 RS.

We apologize for the late response!

We inform you that the noise can come from the fact that the cockpit is not grounded.
    You can check this by detaching the wheel base from the cockpit and use the supplied clamping system. The noise should normally disappear.

Regarding the other issue, our recommendation is to follow this procedure:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/...24_Dec2014.pdf

For any other query please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
    Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Andreea

-------------------

What noise? My wheel is dead and it has no power. I mentioned a slight electrical buzz when you plug it in, but whe wheel won't turn on at all. How am I suppose to update the firmware?...

it's a joke

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    hi i think it's the same, it happens just have a problem with my steering wheel t300rs when I leave the pits after 5 minutes of spinning, the wheel is out FFB runs out of power, like a gum, it's like to warm the motor and stop working, use jack files. does this have anything to do ?? someone else with him? I tried to drive to the club and FFB 100% and stays and project cars.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    LOl, I won't be buying one of these anytime soon !!

Platform
    PS4
    I've had a bit of a weird issue like this, although a little different...

I bought my T300RS online, brand new from an eBay store, it was delivered the day before PCars was released.

My first issue was when I first loaded up the game and was assigning buttons, after the wheel and pedal calibration, the game just froze. No response from any button on the wheel, so couldn't back out of the menu. Restarted, and tried again and it was fine.

Then, a few races into my career, during the race the whole game just froze up on me when I clipped a curb pretty hard. I put that down to just a crash.

Then, also during an early career race, the wheel just full locked to the left on it's own, I could pause, and all the buttons were working, even during the race, but I couldn't stop the full lock.
    A restart solved that too.

This was all within the first two days of having the brand new wheel.

I Googled, and read about updating firmware. I thought I'd phone the Thrustmaster support team, to check whether I needed to update.
    First of all, the phone number for tech support in the user manual was a recorded message saying the number was no longer in use, and was now on a different number. I didn't have a pen, so went and got one, then called the same number back. I then got a different message saying something like number not recognised, I can't remember exactly, but they were two different messages, each not helping me at all. I thought that was weird, and was not filled with much confidence.
    I went on Thrustmaster's website and got a different phone number for tech support, and that worked. Within a few minutes I was talking to Stefan.

He told me of known issues with the full lock to the left on Xbox One, but not the PS4, and advised me to check the firmware's up to date, and if not, update it.
    He said he would email me a step by step guide (the one sent to most of you, by the looks of it) within half an hour, which he did.

I followed the instructions for downloading the drivers, that was fine. Then when it came to updating the firmware, it said in the instructions to make sure the PC recognises the wheel as a "T300RS Racing Wheel", but on my PC it doesn't, it recognises it as a "Thrustmaster FFB Racing Wheel". And when I go to the firmware update screen, there is no wheel listed, it just asks me to plug it in, even though I've already passed that step and have it plugged in.

I emailed Stefan back and told him. He told me the problem was local, which I assumed meant a problem with my laptop, and asked me to try it on another PC. Which I thought was rather unhelpful. I don't have one. I have a Mac, but that's no good. So I left it for about a week. My wheel is still working, and I (touch wood) have had no other issues with it since the initial 3 teething problems, and I've been using it every day on PCars since release.

After a week, I took my wheel round to my Mother's and tried the firmware update on her PC. I had exactly the same results as I had on my PC.
    I emailed Stefan and told him, I've not heard back from him since. That was a week ago.

I emailed him again today telling him I wasn't impressed with the lack of communication. Overall, I'm not impressed with Thrustmaster's customer service.

I count myself lucky that my wheel is actually working, but I'd still like to know why I can't even check the firmware.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/graysmithmusic
    Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/GraySmithMusician
    YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/GraySmith7

Kart Driver
    Exactly the same with a PC not finding the plugged wheel. I wish I could fix it with software. Judging by the speed of communication with technical support (3 letters in 12 days, the first one arriving at day 10) I'm really doubtful I'll get a replacement fast...

Platform
    PS4
    I contacted Thrustmaster the 22 of may regarding my T300 that needs to go back to Thrustmaster for reparation because there's something wrong with my wheel.
    In their last e-mail they asked for a photo of the underside of the base where the serial number is. So i took a picture and send them an email with that photo. Tuesday i still haven't got a reply so i send the email again and by friday still no response. SO today I tried to contact them via telephone and where is normally get a person to speak with it was now i recorded message that you need to go to their website. What is this for BS. The last time I spoken with them they said it would take 2-3 weeks till i would get my base back, but now were already a week further and my base is still at home. So I'm not very happy with the customer service at the moment.
    PS4 PRO - PSVR - Samsung UE55ES8000 - Fanatec CSW V2 - CSP V3 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula 1 - Porsche 918 RSR - Rseat RS1
    PC: NZXT S340 Elite - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - i7 7700k 4,5 GHz - MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11GB - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 - Thermaltake Tt Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 - Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm - Corsair RMx 650 Watt - Oculus Rift CV1