Thread: Career confusion

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Career confusion

Firstly, I'm loving the game. before all the haters start.

I'm just ocnfused about where i am up to with my "Career" I have completed the 125cc Karts, I've then done some races in a focus RS and a Megane, now I've accepted a contract for a 250cc Karting thing.

I've done races in a BMW and a Porsche track day round brands hatch.

I am attempting to do the Zero to hero achievement and I'm worried I'm wasting time or missing races or summit. all im doing is the next race I can in the hope that i just go to what i need to.

is this right?

Platform
    PS4
    You don't need to do the invitationals to progress your career, only your primary contracted championship.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    theres no way to tell the difference between career and invitational races is there? i dont want to miss a race that would put me into the next phase of races to progress towards LMP1

Platform
    PS4
    Invitational events will be on the dates specified by the emails, so you can safely avoid them because you know which date they will be on, anything else is primary career.

Platform
    PS4
    Yeah basically if you are doing a season of GT3 racing then just skip any event in your calender which is not a GT3 event- you'll miss some fun events though.

I'm screwed for that Trophy anyway because I started in the Clio Touring Cup so unless I can go back to karts at a later stage I'll have to start again?!
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Quote Originally Posted by KK78 View Post
    Yeah basically if you are doing a season of GT3 racing then just skip any event in your calender which is not a GT3 event- you'll miss some fun events though.

I'm screwed for that Trophy anyway because I started in the Clio Touring Cup so unless I can go back to karts at a later stage I'll have to start again?!
    You have to start at karts for Z2H, so I'd think that even if you got an offer for the karts, it wouldn't count...

You can have multiple careers going at the same time, so you could just start a second one from the karts and come back to your Clio later (or flit between them.. or whatever you like!)

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by KK78 View Post

You can start a new career, you can have as much careers as you want.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    You have to start at karts for Z2H, so I'd think that even if you got an offer for the karts, it wouldn't count...

You can have multiple careers going at the same time, so you could just start a second one from the karts and come back to your Clio later (or flit between them.. or whatever you like!)
    Thanks for that, I'm in no rush to get those trophies, I have most of the harder ones in the game so I'll mop them up later. I'm enjoying my career so far, I've gone Clios>GT4 Ginetta>GT4 Aston Martin>GT3 RUF and now Formula B so I'll stick with that and get the consecutive championships stuff then start a new career later.
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by danowat View Post
    You can start a new career, you can have as much careers as you want.
    Nope, 10 is the limit afaik (which should be sufficiant).
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Nope, 10 is the limit afaik (which should be sufficiant).
    Thanks for the clarification.