Page 84 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS - All Platforms - Patch 2.0 - Release notes - OUT NOW on PC, PS4 and XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven403 View Post
    If it's an aggressive kerb, sure, you'll scrub speed off of it and therefore slow you down and try to avoid that in the future, but if it's flat and you can carry speed over it, the white line should be the governing factor
    Do you see how it's getting complicated?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, KkDrummer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Also If you force someone off track and it's your fault then you have to wait and give the place back. Don't race with randoms is my view.
    Sometimes I even do that with the AI. Not always though, depends how nice they are.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: jimortality

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    So it is not possible to implement stricter penalties in TT and be more loose in other game modes? This would be the most obvious solution, but probably not so easy to implement :-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Do you see how it's getting complicated?
    Yup, I'm mostly saying it to answer your question. I mean the limits for invalidation are surely closer to track then time penalties tho right?

I mean if you get pushed out straddling a kerb or a car width off track racing someone you shouldn't get a time penalty for that, just dirty ur lap which you don't care about if your racing anyway
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    So you'd like to have a 5 second penalty on top of missing your braking point or getting pushed a bit from the track?
    If it were that simple it would've been implemented from the beginning, but it isn't.
    IF (Contact happened N seconds before AND at least two tires outside white lines) THEN no_penalty
    ELSEIF (Brake pressure > N% AND at least two tires outside white lines) THEN no_penalty
    ELSE give_penalty

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Car Physics and AI
    @Doug914 Doug while you're on, can I ask when I'm in free practice and I go off track completely, it invalidates my lap. I kind of know why because I haven't done a clean lap but it's like I'm being penalised for being shit lol
    So whats your question exactly? yes, yes and probably yes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarolim View Post
    IF (Contact happened N seconds before AND at least two tires outside white lines) THEN no_penalty
    ELSEIF (Brake pressure > N% AND at least two tires outside white lines) THEN no_penalty
    ELSE give_penalty
    Now let's turn this around: You'll not get a penalty for track cutting when you rammed your opponent off the track shortly before that.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Tastakrad

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    This why on alot of tracks i left the outside of the corners legal so mistakes during racing don't penalize you too much. The sensors extend wider there. I've had to make judgment calls on every track for this. Some don't like it' and maybe it's not perfect (well it isn't), but again it's done leaning towards the racing as you've mentioned.
    Grosjean vs Massa Hungararing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grosjean.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	210219

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZ9oKXXHHQ

Grosjean goes wide on the corner exit during the overtake and gets a deserved penalty.

Allowing pCARS players to approach corners wide, such as extreme left against the wall approaching T1 of Dubai International, is not in the interest of fair play IMO.

On the flip side, Doug, I like your change to going wide at Pouhon corner in Spa. My laps earlier were voided if I went less than a few tyre widths outside the track defining lines.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Platform
    PC
    My question is, would it be reasonable to just let the timer continue as it would be a crap lap but without it being invalid especially as I'm only in free practice with myself.
    Free Practice is the only place I miss rewind. Lol
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Now let's turn this around: You'll not get a penalty for track cutting when you rammed your opponent off the track shortly before that.
    It's an acceptable trade off, as you probably lost time from the ramming.

Also, I made a mistake, as it should be all four wheels outside the white lines. For this I'm following F1 rules, no idea if other disciplines have different rules.

Also I know that in F1 there's a couple of occasions where the stewards allow all 4 out (in Monza I believe, on the Ss before the straight to the parabolica), but rule of thumb is 4 wheels out equals an invalid lap.

As for when Ian mentioned Kerbs wide enough to hold a car, the white line is usually at the beginning of the kerb, so if you manage to put the whole car on the kerb then you're still out of track limits.

Sure, it might be a bit strict, but personally I prefer a strict system that might be to harsh in certain occasions, than a more leeway system that can be easily abused.

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Andjem, BG Hainesy, csam, Deadzone, Luke Townsend, Raven403, rotcock, Wizards ZA