Thread: Slow down speedup issue relating to Force Feedback - when fixed?

WMD Member

Slow down speedup issue relating to Force Feedback - when fixed?

My specs are:

FX 4170
    GTX560Ti
    8GB RAM
    MS Speed wheel controller.

With Force Feedback > 0%, when I brake or accelerate, the game goes slows down or speeds-up.
    This was a known issue during development, that has made it's way into release build.
    Only way to fix it currently is set force feedback to 0%.

Pat.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    There are a couple of threads on this already.

My brother is having the issue with his setup using a GTX760 FX9590 and GT2 wheel. He has tried everything except turning off the FFB and while several things have helped the problem persists.

Meanwhile I have a GTX 750 TI FX8350 and CSR Elite wheel and have no such issues no matter what settings I use.

I think there is more to it than a FFB setting.

I suppose the wheel you are using may use the xinput like the xbox controller and that may be the issue but the GT2 does not and the CSR Elite should be the same as the GT2. Also my brother sees the problem not tied to braking or accelerating but more often after he has been racing for a little while, once it occurs it happens several times in a short period. Toning down graphic settings and or running against fewer cars also helps but still a problem. In my case it doesn't matter which video settings I use nor how many cars are out there I never have the issue.
    Last edited by HBR-Roadhog; 22-05-2015 at 12:58.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and I'm experiencing this exact xInput issue as well. Is Logitech DFGT using xInput as the Xbox controller?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tr0ubles0me View Post
    I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and I'm experiencing this exact xInput issue as well. Is Logitech DFGT using xInput as the Xbox controller?
    XInput is an API that allows applications to receive input from the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. This document describes the differences between XInput and DirectInput implementations of the Xbox 360 Controller and how you can support XInput devices and legacy DirectInput devices at the same time.
    XInput and DirectInput (Windows) - MSDN - Microsoft
    So as I said it appears to only apply to xbox controllers. Some of the people who are reporting the issue are indeed using a 360 controller or one that looks like that to the system.
    My brother and I are both using Fanatecs and both using the same OS, same drivers he has the issue and I do not. We even tried setting all of our settings the same and still I have never experienced it and he will experience it in almost every race unless he cranks down his settings or runs with very few cars on track.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757