Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Limited Slip Differential a bit....

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The thing is though that "properly" can mean different things depending on the rest of the setup. =)
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    PC
    I didn't change anything but the accel(48) and decel(54) locks as Havocc suggested. I used the BMW M3 GT at Silverstone National and lowered my WR TT time by almost 8 tenths. Thanks Havocc!! I realize each car/track will be different but cool anyway and the car was much easier to drive as well.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: havocc

Platform
    PC
    Adjusted my Silverstone International (BMW M3 GT) setup and lowered my best TT time over .200, pretty good because I kinda suck at this track and was getting nowhere. Used 67 decel and 23 accel. I am going to keep practicing and hopefully when Patch 8.0 comes out I will be ready.
    Thanks everybody who contributed on this thread.
    The following user likes this Post:

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    Brake bias to the rear should make it even easier to spin on entry. But yes, increasing dec lock or preload should help with that to some extent at least. Too much preload though can affect the acceleration side as well, so keep that in mind. How much is too much? One can only find out by testing. =)

Other things that can affect it would be overall spring bias between front and rear, rear rebound damping, sway bars, and tyre pressures, among other things... Do you have the setup available anywhere?
    And bus stop strikes again this time with marek Lmp1, considering that track is quite uneven at that point will a softer rear swaybar do the job?

Platform
    PC
    Depends on the rest of the setup and what exactly happens when control is lost. It could, but then again LMP1 cars don't run that much to begin with.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    Depends on the rest of the setup and what exactly happens when control is lost. It could, but then again LMP1 cars don't run that much to begin with.
    I noticed it happens when i go on the first right curb and is probably caused by the stiff default setup of the Marek, anyway marek can go to hell, i have a new love

I picked the Toyota and copied setup from DB, lowered brake pressure and started a 15 laps race, after 10 laps i was 2nd after a 4 laps battle with the 3rd, but i went out of fuel at lap 13 and had to pit for a "splash and go", i went down to 4th and while battling with 3rd i had a spin at la source because tyres were at 50% wear but managed to recover quickly and end the race at 4th, that was a hell of a race

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    I recommend keeping both LSDL and LSAL as low as possible. Fixing inner-tire wheel-spin in corners depends on the car and the track but it really shouldn't be an issue. You're either being extreme with LSAL, or the car is set up poorly elsewhere. Try adjusting the sway bars. Increase rear stiffness, and decrease the front. The car will turn in more sharply. Then soften the rear spring stiffness a bit, and stiffen the front.
    Actually you have it backwards. Your goal is to effectively have them as high as possible. This will result in the fastest tune if it can be achieved. Lower setting you are using less propulsion forward. Less accelleration
    PTG Home

Race Team
    Tester

Platform
    PS4
    I'd say set the locking %-age at what feels good. Too low and you get inside wheel spin and high tyre wear (try FGulf at Imola). Too high, you get a stiff diff and it gets a little snappy for my liking.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    We'll grind that axe for a long time... Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott, August 20 August 1966 – 8 December 2004
    Chi Ling Dai Cheng, 15 July 1970 – 13 April 2013
    Henry John Surtees, 18 February 1991 - 19 July 2009
    PSN: DiamondEyes179

Platform
    PC
    Doesn't really need any acc lock when his preload is that high (you can always transfer at least 200 Nm more to the tyre with more grip) and he's putting even more extra lock on the dec side to calm the car down when not on the throttle. That's one way of dealing with the twitchy/oversteery setup the Z4 GT3 has by default, I tend to use more normal diff settings and make the car more balanced via springs and dampers.

Next Gen = More Biscuit!