Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Calculator

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Tuning Calculator

Good Evening my fellow racers is there some kind of calculator for tuning for project cars ? believe me I am not lazy just want to see if what I'm doing is some what ok ...
    Any tips would help thanx in advance to all..
    Gt4 and Gt3 r getting a lot of play with me..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think there's a few paid ones knocking about.

Would be great if someone has a free one though

Platform
    XBOX1
    I created a spreadsheet for Forza that works very well it tunes springs, dampers, roll bars and downforce. I got the info from videos created by user 'Guns Cars and Digits' below is a link to his how to tune springs video. When I get my TX wheel I'm going to see how well the math works on Project Cars.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_A1Q3lkn0i0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Forza maths doesn't work in pcars. The simulation is totally different, I tried a couple I had and they are way off.
    The following user likes this Post: Efill4ziggiN

Platform
    PC
    Theres a couple of tuning spreadsheets and videos on the PC side of the forum I found the other day. Haven't had chance to test them yet though but would be worth a go

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by s1yfa View Post
    Forza maths doesn't work in pcars. The simulation is totally different, I tried a couple I had and they are way off.
    I'm not using Forza setups for Project Cars lol that wouldn't work. What will work is using mathematics to setup a car in Project Cars, real teams use math to help them set their cars up Project Cars should be the same.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by IgorTheHunchback View Post
    I'm not using Forza setups for Project Cars lol that wouldn't work. What will work is using mathematics to setup a car in Project Cars, real teams use math to help them set their cars up Project Cars should be the same.
    I understood that. That's what I mean, the maths doesn't work (sorry, I didn't make myself as clear as I could have). Pcars is simulating totally differently to Forza so the numbers don't add up.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Fa5 View Post
    Good Evening my fellow racers is there some kind of calculator for tuning for project cars ? believe me I am not lazy just want to see if what I'm doing is some what ok ...
    Gt4 and Gt3 r getting a lot of play with me..

If your lap times are getting better, your doing it right.

If they're getting worse, your doing it wrong.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Brent G, Haiden, PeoplesChampion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanx everyone just trying to get some feed back again thank u....

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Fa5 View Post

The reason the calculators even work at all in Forza is the generic suspension model that the tunable suspensions in Forza use. The same was true for the earlier GT series games.

Project Cars uses a different model for each car. Many of the stats can't be tracked or reverse engineered, so simple calcs wont do any good.

You have to learn to tune the traditional way on this one people. Small adjustments, lots of trial and error, and as consistent a performance as possible.
    Whats really interesting is how the weather will play a part. Generally you can get better performance in the wet from a suspension that is a bit softer,....but I have not confirmed this myself yet.

One aspect of tuning is simpler than Forza however. Even though there are more adjustments to be made, like weight/fuel loading, fast/slow dampers, etc., the range of adjustments are fairly coarse.
    This means fewer possible sweet spot combinations for a setup and therefore a faster bracketing of something that will work well for us.

Just keep in mind that Project Cars isnt what many console racers are used to,.....this isn't another Forza or GT,....this is closer to a Toca style of game. It's more about the atmosphere of racing competition and the ongoing struggle for consistently high performance through a series of laps, sessions, and races.

Well,...at least I hope it will be.......i'm still waiting for the patch.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Spiny Anteater, Srt8 300c