Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Wii U run PCARS?

Platform
    PS4
    Is this the same console that few 3rd party publishers want to develop for because of the hoops Nintendo put them through? The console which has struggled from day one in sales? Has been de-listed from several major retailers world wide? Has already been surpassed in sales by the PS4 and Xbox One even though it had a year head start? Has had the vote of death from Nintendo themselves by announcing it will be replaced in the next couple of years?

Some Nintendo fans are so blinkered, on the one hand they praise Nintendo for their 1st party offering (which is indeed good) but then castigate 3rd party devs when they won't downgrade their games to operate on this last gen system. Nintendo has for a long time marginalised and made it incredibly difficult for 3rd partys to get games on their systems so Ninty fans would do well to stop crying when the outside world gives not one flying **** about 3rd party games not coming out on the doomed Wii-U. The first place that scorn should go is Nintendo themselves but god forbid that will ever happen
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881
    The following 3 users likes this Post: 3Dude, miagi, RetroNooB

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    sorry, not more.
    I was waiting for this game a long time.
    But not more, just cancel the wii u version, I see it's inevitable so do not lubridiem who still hold.
    For the rest, I just signed up here today for expressing my dissatisfaction.
    I will not buy this game for any other platform, he wanted only to my Wii U.

Goodbye.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fadasemuito View Post
    sorry, not more.
    But not more, just cancel the wii u version, I see it's inevitable so do not lubridiem who still hold.

Goodbye.

Bye,

But you've just joined this second. It's all happening so fast...
    The following 9 users likes this Post: 321Respawn, amazed, IJOJOI, Pirategenius, RetroNooB, Robbo-92, Simonovicz, SwiftyOne, zapan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Like Moths to a lightbulb, only to discover its a candle instead.....
    Adam - Project CARS2 WMD Member

PS4 Pro/PSVR/T150/WheelStandPro V2
    Samsung 49" 7000 Series or Sony 43" 8300 Series 4k TVs
    Denon AVR-X2200 and Monitor Audio/Elac 5.1.2 or Headphones
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BlueFin175, bmanic, Crisis Nine

Platform
    PC
    Glad its selling well,damn fine game,that deserves all the success it gets.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benja190782, Ian Bell, RetroNooB, SwiftyOne

Banned
    I do thank you Mr. Bell so very much for finally giving those of us who have long been waiting for more news on Project CARS for the Wii U information on this version. I cannot however say that I am terribly pleased with the news, but at this point I am unfortunately not suprised to hear that development has been struggling. I think my biggest frustration with the information you've so kindly provided is how it stands in sharp contrast with the tone and enthusiasm that was once displayed by both yourself and Slightly Mad as a team in prior press releases, stating how well it seemed the Wii U build was coming along.

Make no mistake, I am well aware of the level of responsibilities that likely sit squarely upon your shoulders every day and can only assume how much pressure you are under to make the correct decisions that hopefully place your company on a successful path for each product you develop.

That being said, I still maintain that this decision to place the Wii U version of Project CARS on an indefinite hiatus so as to concert your efforts on what must be viewed as far more viable platforms that traditionally are more receptive to such third party efforts, was sorely mishandled and this refocusing of assets is more likely the reason that the Wii U version now seemingly sits on the precipice of cancellation.

I must conclude that due to their technical capabilities development on the PC, PS4 and Xbox 1 versions bypassed the limits that the Wii U's hardware had thusfar saddled your team with during early development. But if no co-development on Wii U was being performed concurrent with these other more advanced builds, it is very clear how terribly far behind the Wii U version now is, and would likely take an extremely long time and serious dedication now to try and satisfy not only your enthusiastic Nintendo customers but your own benchmarks for the game to be acceptable in your own eyes.

As was stated by others in this thread Nintendo has been fairly clear that they plan no public release of information at this years E3 on their upcoming replacement for the Wii U, their system codenamed "NX". But that isn't to say that behind closed doors they wouldn't be willing to begin negotiations for releasing Dev Kits for the new console this close to it's potential release with anyone in the developer community willing listen....or sign a contract. Perhaps this is the information that you imply will be made available this coming E3. I do hope that is the case. But I cannot say that I will then support you and your company at that point.

Again I thank you for finally divulging your plans regarding what might have been the Wii U version. I am by no means happy with your decision and have to state that keeping us completely in the dark while development for all other versions was openly discussed and advertised has been detrimental to your reputation within the Nintendo community. And even though I can understand your decision from a business perspective, I cannot in good conscience respect the way you and your company decided to treat and show no respect to the Wii U community as a whole. If anything it has only given creedence that developers could care less about us!

Good day sir.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Praxis View Post
    I do thank you Mr. Bell so very much for finally giving those of us who have long been waiting for more news on Project CARS for the Wii U information on this version. I cannot however say that I am terribly pleased with the news, but at this point I am unfortunately not suprised to hear that development has been struggling. I think my biggest frustration with the information you've so kindly provided is how it stands in sharp contrast with the tone and enthusiasm that was once displayed by both yourself and Slightly Mad as a team in prior press releases, stating how well it seemed the Wii U build was coming along.

Make no mistake, I am well aware of the level of responsibilities that likely sit squarely upon your shoulders every day and can only assume how much pressure you are under to make the correct decisions that hopefully place your company on a successful path for each product you develop.

That being said, I still maintain that this decision to place the Wii U version of Project CARS on an indefinite hiatus so as to concert your efforts on what must be viewed as far more viable platforms that traditionally are more receptive to such third party efforts, was sorely mishandled and this refocusing of assets is more likely the reason that the Wii U version now seemingly sits on the precipice of cancellation.

I must conclude that due to their technical capabilities development on the PC, PS4 and Xbox 1 versions bypassed the limits that the Wii U's hardware had thusfar saddled your team with during early development. But if no co-development on Wii U was being performed concurrent with these other more advanced builds, it is very clear how terribly far behind the Wii U version now is, and would likely take an extremely long time and serious dedication now to try and satisfy not only your enthusiastic Nintendo customers but your own benchmarks for the game to be acceptable in your own eyes.

As was stated by others in this thread Nintendo has been fairly clear that they plan no public release of information at this years E3 on their upcoming replacement for the Wii U, their system codenamed "NX". But that isn't to say that behind closed doors they wouldn't be willing to begin negotiations for releasing Dev Kits for the new console this close to it's potential release with anyone in the developer community willing listen....or sign a contract. Perhaps this is the information that you imply will be made available this coming E3. I do hope that is the case. But I cannot say that I will then support you and your company at that point.

Again I thank you for finally divulging your plans regarding what might have been the Wii U version. I am by no means happy with your decision and have to state that keeping us completely in the dark while development for all other versions was openly discussed and advertised has been detrimental to your reputation within the Nintendo community. And even though I can understand your decision from a business perspective, I cannot in good conscience respect the way you and your company decided to treat and show no respect to the Wii U community as a whole. If anything it has only given creedence that developers could care less about us!

Good day sir.
    Yup, and if you need to pass this on, we really dislike Nintendo users.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by fadasemuito View Post
    sorry, not more.

Goodbye.
    4 profile today!

Bye
    Cya
    Chow

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ian just wondering do you have any say in the sale price. As I was in a well known games shop today and they were selling the standard version for 59 and the limited edition for 70

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirategenius View Post
    Ian just wondering do you have any say in the sale price. As I was in a well known games shop today and they were selling the standard version for 59 and the limited edition for 70
    None whatsoever. That's all down to the distributer.