Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roller skating On Ice

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Roller skating On Ice

So far ive found two cars that are impossible to set up. The chatham 7 and the Ford MkIV, its like roller skating on ice. No matter what setups I try they are impossible to get right. Warm tires great weather lots of rubber on the track doesn't matter its like im racing on black ice. While the AI cars whiz by. The majority of the cars I find the default setup fine, just minor tweaks...
    The following user likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Can i add my pet hate. The BAC Mono seems to have had it's rear tyres replaced with something with the rigidity and consistency of egg white.

Platform
    PC
    The atom v8 should be fun, its vile. As is the gt40
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I like that the cars that our sketchy and may kill you in real life are hard to drive. Gives you a real sense of appreciation for the brave souls that piloted these back in the day. I have found them driveable once temps come up though. Without heat they are useless agreed. Takes a fair amount of skill just to get heat into tires without dying. These beasts are a nice addition. The cater ham is pretty light though and doesn't qualify as a beast IMO. I find it the most pleasant thing to attempt drifting in so far.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrideGravity View Post
    I like that the cars that our sketchy and may kill you in real life are hard to drive. Gives you a real sense of appreciation for the brave souls that piloted these back in the day. I have found them driveable once temps come up though. Without heat they are useless agreed. Takes a fair amount of skill just to get heat into tires without dying. These beasts are a nice addition. The cater ham is pretty light though and doesn't qualify as a beast IMO. I find it the most pleasant thing to attempt drifting in so far.
    Sure the older cars should be harder to drive but to describe the two cars I mentioned as "wrecking loose" or "no grip" would be a serious understatement. Ive tried everything ...lower rear tire pressure, max downforce on the Mk4...the most conservative traction control...but still I find myself having to drive them like a granny to keep them on the road and im being lapped by lap 5. They have to be fixed, hopefully in the first patch. The BMW 320 is an old car (1978) but I get serious grip in that car with the default set up.

Platform
    PS4
    I've found this with most road cars so far. I'm steering (or wildly oversteering) clear of all of them at the moment.

Has anyone else found the Caterham 7 spearing badly to the left under braking in right turns? Might just be my driving style (braking late & turning in hard) but the only way I've found to drive around it is to brake very early & NEVER turn the wheel even an inch when the brakes are on.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by chig88 View Post
    I've found this with most road cars so far. I'm steering (or wildly oversteering) clear of all of them at the moment.

Has anyone else found the Caterham 7 spearing badly to the left under braking in right turns? Might just be my driving style (braking late & turning in hard) but the only way I've found to drive around it is to brake very early & NEVER turn the wheel even an inch when the brakes are on.
    Default setup has shed loads of braking oversteer, stiffen the front and soften the rear to tune most of it out.

I don't get the complaints about the BAC Mono, I can wring that things neck around Oulton Park, it's like it's on rails most of the time.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by danowat View Post
    Default setup has shed loads of braking oversteer, stiffen the front and soften the rear to tune most of it out.

I don't get the complaints about the BAC Mono, I can wring that things neck around Oulton Park, it's like it's on rails most of the time.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight.

Yeah I've found the Mono very responsive & forgiving, mainly had problems with the Caterhams & Atoms - only tried default settings for both though.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by chig88 View Post

Not only that ....I cant carry any speed into even the slightest curves or it gets loose, you cant accelerate out of a turn or the car spins.....same with the ford mark4....you can get slight improvement with setup adjustments but I still find them undriveable...even tho the AI cars do not seem to have this same problem.
    The following user likes this Post: chig88

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by djordan1037 View Post
    f you're a novice in skating, at that point we'll prescribe you to purchase skates that aren't exceptionally evaluated however don't bargain with quality. Assuming you purchase an inferior quality skate, you're clearly going to think twice about it best roller skate wheels for indoor (link removed) is a best option for you.
    *HAL 13 has entered the thread*

Edit: Removed the link to not help Botty
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-04-2021 at 11:12.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves