Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Home cinema setup - no picture

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[SOLVED] Home cinema setup - no picture

Hi.. was all set for my first session.. alas...

Setup I run is big Win8.1 PC with an MSI GTX470 card, then a short mini HDMI cable into an Onkyo AV amp. This connects to a load of speakers, a sub, and my Panasonic projector. Setup is all fine (took a while to get it so!), we use this setup to watch movies. Windows desktop work A OK. So, all good

Installed Project Cars. Did the BIG update. Rebooted. Set monitor 2 (the Projector) to be the primary screen. Tested the system.. Windows all still happy & audio still A OK. Ran Project Cars. Audio kicks in, but no picture. Can see the projector struggling to lock on to something.. a few lines flashing is all I get. If I flick through the projector inputs & return to HDMI1, there's a picture but the sounds is lost. Ace!

Anyone aware of what the issue is?
    Last edited by evtilsley; 07-06-2015 at 11:08.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Is the HDMI Audio output still the default device ? Sometimes it reverts to the mainboard audio device on its own.

Platform
    PC
    What resolution and refresh rate is your projector?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Its an Epson eh-tw5000.. 1080p. Online suggests refresh rate is 100 or 120hz depending on input

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Been trawling around.. looks like I'll need to edit an xml file. Jeez.. this is my first venture into PC gaming. Is it always like this ??!

Platform
    PC
    Try using the window size option for a command line parameter (and possibly the FPS cap):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Launch-Options
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by evtilsley View Post
    Been trawling around.. looks like I'll need to edit an xml file. Jeez.. this is my first venture into PC gaming. Is it always like this ??!
    So, let me get this straight so I can put it into context.

My assumption is that you ran Project Cars on a PC Monitor that has a different resolution/refresh rate than your PJ first... right?

What has happened if that is the case is that the game has done a first time run configuration and the game has created a graphics settings file (<My Documents>\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml) based on your graphics card and the attached output device (your monitor)

You then did a subsequent run with your PJ attached and have not told Project Cars that your output device has changed in any way, but as it is not a first time run (e.g. Project CARS found the afore mentioned file) it uses the settings it gathered first time around. It is unlikely that your Monitor and your PJ have the same characteristics.

If Project Cars did a first time setup each time, you would soon get peeved off with the time it took to get in to the game.

All you need to do if you change your graphics card or your output device is fool Project Cars in thinking it hasn't set it up already by deleting or renaming the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file and you should be good to go.

Currently I alternate between a 1080p PJ on a 84" screen and 65" 4K TV and so all I have done is exactly the above... except I keep both files and rename them to graphicsconfigdx11.xml.pj and graphicsconfigdx11.xml.4k. If I'm going to play on the PJ, I copy that file and remove the .pj off the name and I'm good to go.
    i7 5960X @ 4500Mhz water cooled | 32GB DDR4 @ 2666Mhz | Asus X99 Sabertooth | MSI GTX 1080 FE @ 2062Mhz/11,200Mhz water cooled | Samsung UE65JU7500 65" @ 4K | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win 10 Pro x64 on Samsung 951 M.2 PCIe 3.0 @ x4 | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 5.1 | Onboard Realtek (for SimVibe) | SteelSeried Siberia 800 Wireless Headset | SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 850 | Next Level GTultimate v2 Racing Cockpit | Next Level Motion v3 | Fanatec CSW v2 base | BMW M3 GT2 rim | Porsche 918 RSR rim | Formula Carbon rim | 27cm Round Rim c/w Universal Hub | ClubSport Pedals v3 + dampers + performance kit | CSS SQ v1.5 shifter | ClubSport Handbrake | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | SimVibe | SLI-Emu/SLIMax Manager

CSWv2 261/204 Settings: SEn:AUt | FF:65| Sho:100 | AbS:OFF | Lin:OFF | dEA:OFF | drI:003 | For:100 | SPr:OFF | dPr:OFF

[Project Immersion Website] | [FOV Calculator] | [YouTube] | [Facebook]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPix View Post
    All you need to do if you change your graphics card or your output device is fool Project Cars in thinking it hasn't set it up already by deleting or renaming the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file and you should be good to go.
    Fantastic I'll try this tonight & report back.. and thanks appreciate it (thanks to all others, as well)

Platform
    PC
    For the sake of completeness: hearing audio but seeing no picture could also be the logitech profiler stealing the focus (fixed by starting profiler prior to pCARS).
    Of course thatīs only relevant if you have a G25/G27 (OP didn't tell).
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K@3.3GHz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 2GB [353.06] MB: Asus P8Z68-V LX [4102] MEM: Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD 180GB [5.05] Wheel: Logitech G27 [5.10.127.0] OS: Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    In-game settings:
    RESOLUTION=1920x1080@60HZ TEXTURES=HIGH AF=x16 VSYNC=Adaptive SMAA=HIGH REFLECTIONS=HIGH ENVMAP=HIGH GRASS=HIGH TRACK/CAR/SHADOW DETAILS=HIGH MOTIONBLUR=OFF VISUALFX=FULL/ON/YES/HIGH
    When you feel that the road is escaping you, when you say to yourself, "That's it, I'm going off",
    but then instead you stay on the track, that's when you reached your limit;you've gone as fast as you could.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Disposable_Hero View Post
    For the sake of completeness: hearing audio but seeing no picture could also be the logitech profiler stealing the focus (fixed by starting profiler prior to pCARS).
    Of course thatīs only relevant if you have a G25/G27 (OP didn't tell).

Ahhh. Yes... I do indeed have a G27. Will try deleting that file first off and see if that sorts it