Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after race full replay

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

after race full replay

there needs to be an full after race replay system.

just got done arguing with other player cause he thinks i wrecked him and his friend.witch i didnt.last lap of the race he blows across the grass and wrecks me makeing me lose and not finish the race.

he thinks i wreck him and his friend.

he thinks i was on the pole beside him. i was about 4-6 car behinde every body else on the starting grid.

3 turn someone slams him and his friend into the wall causeing a pile up witch i drive around and get into first place for 3/4 laps on the last lap he blows across the grass on the back straight on walken glen gp and t-bones me causeing me to spin about 3 times.

this really needs to be put in.

just spent an hour going back forth saying i did and i didnt

Platform
    PC
    It is already there. On the screen with the final results of the race there is an option something like "Save the replay" just above the "Exit" option.
    After that you can watch it from your profile sections (highlights tab, I think).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LeRenard242, Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STINGER_LP View Post
    It is already there. On the screen with the final results of the race there is an option something like "Save the replay" just above the "Exit" option.
    After that you can watch it from your profile sections (highlights tab, I think).
    It won't help him since he can only watch his own car and only from driver view cameras and TV mode which might or might not be good enough to be clear about racing incidents.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AB_Attack View Post
    It won't help him since he can only watch his own car and only from driver view cameras and TV mode which might or might not be good enough to be clear about racing incidents.
    I think it could (if he'd saved it), since he's interested in reviewing his position during the race and the camera locked on his car is what he need to review whether it is his car was involved in the accident or not.
    Besides, there is a combination of keys that enables a free camera (was transfered from dev builds), but I don't remember it correctly (something like double Ctrl+K or something). At least it work during the race, not sure about replays. Google it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STINGER_LP View Post
    I think it could (if he'd saved it), since he's interested in reviewing his position during the race and the camera locked on his car is what he need to review whether it is his car was involved in the accident or not.
    Besides, there is a combination of keys that enables a free camera (was transfered from dev builds), but I don't remember it correctly (something like double Ctrl+K or something). At least it work during the race, not sure about replays. Google it.
    Ok so he probably would be able to resolve the particular situation this time, but it would be awkward. It becomes a "look, here is my car, can you see yours? No? Ok let's look at your replay with your car in it. Oh, there... you can kinda see that...I wish the angle would be better..."
    As if two runners cross the line and you watch a film from a dude in the audience sitting 45 degrees to the finish line and try to judge by that.
    Here is an overtake I did on the AI.

]

It looks as if I pushed him off although I was certain that I didn't. Or did I? Can't watch it from the AI car. This time I managed to see, only just, in the behind car camera that I just snuck in ahead of him with the whole car and he could've braked behind me. I'm confindent they will improve the replay function in the future but I would have wanted this yesterday. Thanks for the tip about the free cam, I'll check on it.
    Last edited by AB_Attack; 08-06-2015 at 11:03.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Your vid is set to private mate.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Fixed!

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    That just looks like a normal racing incident to me... happens a lot IRL races as well.
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 08-06-2015 at 11:42.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    That just looks like a normal racing incident to me... happens a lot IRL races as well.
    I know, but it can be hard to tell the difference if proper replayfunctions are not available. Also I want these functions (I'm being a parrot now... free cam, player lables, lap notations, free timeline, switch car and slowmotion) for doing settings as well. I can see what the suspension/dampers are doing and I can conduct brake balance tests to watch if rear or front lock first, or if there is spin during starts e t c. It's not a just for fun function.

Platform
    PC
    AB_Attack, I get your point and I agree with it in general. What I'm talking about is that in most cases in argues with sane and adequate people it would be enough to review replay from cinematic camera and camera behind the car to clarify the situation. But if you're arguing with an idiot who always thinks by default that it's anybody else's fault except his, then none of the camera angles can help you to prove him wrong. You're just wasting your time.

But yeah, more options for replay function won't be excessive.
    The following user likes this Post: LeRenard242