Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VDash (A307 S101) (Android second-screen app)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    The server has just been open-sourced!

I'll be accepting issues and pull requests, so if anyone has an inclining to add support for more games that I dont have (iRacing, rFactor) then feel free!

Least of all this puts more pressure on me to keep the code tidy if the world can see it...

The current master is build 100, with 101 (yet to be released) following after some major refactoring.
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Keithb23, ZiggyUK

New dash up on the VDash Pro site, it's the Cosworth Omega dash used in the Ginetta GT3. You can download it here. I still have to add the warning led's, but I wanted to get it up on the site so you guys can test it. I've tried it on my two smaller tablets and it works fine, but I would like some others to try it because I was having an issue with some of the text bar views lining up. In the preview pictures the text appears to be misaligned, but when the car loads it is correct. Can anyone else confirm this for me? Also, don't forget that if the top and bottom of the dash are cut off, you can unlock the aspect ratio and the top and bottom should become visible. Give it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cosworth+omega.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	211607

Name:	cosworth+omega-1.png 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	211608

Name:	cosworth+omega.png 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	211607

@Ziggy
    Once I have this one finished, I promise I'll get on the Frookie for you, mate! Let me know if there are any customizations you would like and I'll see what I can do.
    CPU Intel I5 2500K@4.2ghz, Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V , Ram 8GB Patriot DDR3 1600mhz, GPU Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC Version, Monitors 3 Acer 23in. LED in surround 5901x1080, Steering wheelsThrustmaster T500 RS modified with quick-release steering hub for gt and formula one , OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit edition,Driving RIG rSeat V3, Frex sequential shifter, Leo Bodnar SLI PRO and button controllers
    PCars Visual Settings DX11, 5901x1080 bezel-compensated, AA off, AF x16, v-sync off, texture resolution high, vehicle detail ultra, reflections high, env map high, world detail high, shadows high, motion-blur 2, post-processing filters on, HDR off, grass off, heat haze on, lens flare on, bloom on.
    Nvidia Control Panel settings: All global
    Vdash Cosworth Omega download here.
    Vdash Pi Research Omega D4 download here.
    Vdash Aim MXL download here.
    Vdash Formula Rookie download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 large download here
    Vdash 2D Dash download here
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Raymond de Vries, ZiggyUK

Platform
    PC
    @Keith

Oil & Water Temp digits. This is on a ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176 just from the Dash selection

Name:	2015 - 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	211609

Will test all other views and load up on some of my other tablets as well to test for you
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues

Platform
    PC
    @Alex.

Every time I use the "Autoswitch Workspace" option it crashes the app as soon as the app receives data from pcars. At first I thought it was my tablet causing the problem but after a lot of trial/error/removing/reinstalling/testing etc. etc. it is definitely the Autoswitch. This happens in both WiFi and USB modes. It happens on Android v4.x and v5.x tablets. The app is fine right up to the point it starts to receive data then it shuts down with report message displayed.

You are probably aware and it is written somewhere but in Android v4.x the "connection" option in the GUI does not respond. It is fine in android v5.x tablets.

The following user likes this Post: Keithb23

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyUK View Post
    @Keith

Oil & Water Temp digits. This is on a ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176 just from the Dash selection

Name:	2015 - 1.jpg 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	211609

Will test all other views and load up on some of my other tablets as well to test for you
    That is actually correct, Ziggy. Once you load the car and drive on track the digits should shift over. Report back if they don't.
    CPU Intel I5 2500K@4.2ghz, Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V , Ram 8GB Patriot DDR3 1600mhz, GPU Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC Version, Monitors 3 Acer 23in. LED in surround 5901x1080, Steering wheelsThrustmaster T500 RS modified with quick-release steering hub for gt and formula one , OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit edition,Driving RIG rSeat V3, Frex sequential shifter, Leo Bodnar SLI PRO and button controllers
    PCars Visual Settings DX11, 5901x1080 bezel-compensated, AA off, AF x16, v-sync off, texture resolution high, vehicle detail ultra, reflections high, env map high, world detail high, shadows high, motion-blur 2, post-processing filters on, HDR off, grass off, heat haze on, lens flare on, bloom on.

Platform
    PC
    okay Keith I will test

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyUK View Post
    @Alex.

Every time I use the "Autoswitch Workspace" option it crashes the app as soon as the app receives data from pcars. At first I thought it was my tablet causing the problem but after a lot of trial/error/removing/reinstalling/testing etc. etc. it is definitely the Autoswitch. This happens in both WiFi and USB modes. It happens on Android v4.x and v5.x tablets. The app is fine right up to the point it starts to receive data then it shuts down with report message displayed.
    There are no crashes directly related to the switching of Workspace configurations during the autoswitch phase. The only crashes I can see in Crashlytics are related to the VDash Image View causing an OutOfMemory error (not much I can do about that one without getting ugly... But I have seen enough of them that I might do it for 307...) and the Bulb Bar drawing its indicator bulb, and creating the lit bulb bitmaps. So it certainly looks like the bulb bar is having some trouble at the moment... The crashes that are related to game changes are going to be hard to find at the moment.

Can you replicate the Autoswitch problem with dashes that dont contain the bulb bar in both the 'leaving' workspace and in the 'entering' workspace?

You are probably aware and it is written somewhere but in Android v4.x the "connection" option in the GUI does not respond. It is fine in android v5.x tablets.
    Nope, cant say that I am aware of it! Which option is this? I (probably) wont be able replicate it; my laptop wont run emulators, and all my devices run 5.x.

I've thought about the settings screen and some of them can be removed. The option for auto-reconnect can be removed (why would you ever disable it?) and an option for auto-connect for USB can be added (facilitated by the auto-reconnect).

@Keith
    You should add links to your dashes to your sig
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide
    The following user likes this Post: Keithb23

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flynny75 View Post
    Nope, cant say that I am aware of it! Which option is this? I (probably) wont be able replicate it; my laptop wont run emulators, and all my devices run 5.x.

I've thought about the settings screen and some of them can be removed. The option for auto-reconnect can be removed (why would you ever disable it?) and an option for auto-connect for USB can be added (facilitated by the auto-reconnect).
    Android v4.2

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-13-20-52-49.jpg 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	211685

in Android v4.x the "connection" option in the GUI does not respond
    it remains on the same screen as you are on rather than switching to the connections screen

The option for auto-reconnect can be removed
    I would put in autoreconnect for both USB and WiFI regardless as whatever you are using you will always want the reconnect enable. Maybe have a "AutoConnect at Start Up" option for Wifi | USB | Off

The following user likes this Post: flynny75

Platform
    PC
    Will try
    Can you replicate the Autoswitch problem with dashes that dont contain the bulb bar in both the 'leaving' workspace and in the 'entering' workspace?
    later tonight

V3 of the Cosworth Omega is up. I have deleted some of the warning bulbs until Alex has a look at the issue. I fixed the text moving issue, I had the text aligned to the wrong side. Doh! All seems to work fine now. I also changed the font to the system font, it seems to match the real dash a little better. Link in signature, thanks for the tip Alex.
    The following user likes this Post: flynny75