Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VDash (A307 S101) (Android second-screen app)

Platform
    PC
    Thanks Keith
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    @Ziggy
    Got that missing Settings pane in, thanks for mentioning that!

@All
    Caught that bulb bug. You can set the bulb to be 'off' when the alpha of the colour is more than... half I think. Something. When the value was equal or greater to the upper limit of the last range section it simply drew the last bitmap in the lit bitmap array. Unless, of course, that last bulb was more than half alpha, and it was an unlit bulb instead (so not in the lit bulb array). Simple fix is to check if its null, and if it is, draw the unlit instead.

Been looking for hours in the wrong place in the system... I should trust it more :P this was very much a 'Got you... you son of a b*tch' moment. Infuriating, but pretty satisfying.

So far I have found another bug with the indicator. I was using nested switch statements and missed the break from after the inner switch, causing them to all fall through to the fuel level value. Something to be aware of when using the indicator bulb is to use real values. For an on/off its either 1 or 0, but for discrete values such as temps you need to set the actual min/max values that you want your scale to care about, or the range percentages will be off. So, for example, for the water temp bulb, setting a min of 0 and max of 90 will cause the 100% of the scale to be reached at 90 degrees. The range percentage is calculated using (range percent = value / (range max - range min)), and its the range percentage that determines which bulb is drawn

I'm still checking things over, but you guys can rest easy knowing a fix is on its way. Thank you for your patience!

On a more personal note, I'm about to sign my rental agreement and move down to london in a week or two!

EDIT: Was also thinking about the Group option for the bulb bar... VDash cant quite do what the ginetta does... VDash can group ALL the bulb groups, or none, unfortunately it cant group a specific bulb group (in the ginetta case, the last group of orange LEDs all come on at once)

EDIT2: I also have my desktop back... I have taken over my parents' conservatory table :P
    Last edited by flynny75; 15-07-2015 at 17:11.
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Keithb23, ZiggyUK

Platform
    PC
    Maybe I will take you out for a pint sometime then if you coming up to the big smoke. Which side of London mate

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyUK View Post
    Maybe I will take you out for a pint sometime then if you coming up to the big smoke. Which side of London mate
    Living about 5 min walk from woolwich arsenal station

@All
    So, I've only just really started playing ETS2, what sort of data would people find useful from it? I have general stuff about truck, navigation distance, source/destination cities...
    i7-2600K (4.7GHz) | Asus P8P67 Pro | 16GB 1600MHz | EVGA GTX980ti SC + EVGA GTX670 4GB SC | 5760*1920 | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP v1
    VDash Android App | VDash community | VDash Latest Updates | VDash server building guide
    The following user likes this Post: Keithb23

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flynny75 View Post
    Living about 5 min walk from woolwich arsenal station
    Definitely then, I come from 'Upper Belvedere' (you will learn these places when you move) but moved to Rochester.

The following user likes this Post: flynny75

Platform
    PC
    Best android app. around with "Assign a Workspace set to a vehicle, then have that set load whenever you hit the track with that vehicle", works great, really love it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150718_070034.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	212302
    A.K.A. Bonehead4life

RIG : PROC I7-6700K @ 4 GHz | MOBO ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200MHz | GPU Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GD | SCREENS LG W2453V and HMD Acer AH101 | OS Windows 10 64-bit | WHEEL Thrustmaster T300 GTE + Zalem 350mm GTE/GP1 wheel mod | PEDALS ECCI Trackstar 6000 3 pedal unit on LeoBodnar BU0836-LC | SHIFTERS Thrustmaster TH8RS + SHH Shifter | NVIDIA GeForce 3xx.xx

#76 ------ Connection status ------ Bonehead4Life
    ------ ESLid: 9403186 ------
    The following 3 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, flynny75, Keithb23

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm making a 'condition' dash to use new data types (tyre/brake/sus condition/temps) and using the wheel info view... But the colours are all wrong.

What do people think is a good temperature range for cold/hot/overheat that works across all tyres (the API doesn't provide the tyre). I know the brakes go green at about 600

The next update (soon) will require a server update for ETS2 and some missing pcars data
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Keithb23, Raymond de Vries

Ziggy would be a good person to answer that question I should think. He has loads of experience with that sort of thing and he has a large group in the Gents club to draw on for advice as well.
    CPU Intel I5 2500K@4.2ghz, Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V , Ram 8GB Patriot DDR3 1600mhz, GPU Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC Version, Monitors 3 Acer 23in. LED in surround 5901x1080, Steering wheelsThrustmaster T500 RS modified with quick-release steering hub for gt and formula one , OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit edition,Driving RIG rSeat V3, Frex sequential shifter, Leo Bodnar SLI PRO and button controllers
    PCars Visual Settings DX11, 5901x1080 bezel-compensated, AA off, AF x16, v-sync off, texture resolution high, vehicle detail ultra, reflections high, env map high, world detail high, shadows high, motion-blur 2, post-processing filters on, HDR off, grass off, heat haze on, lens flare on, bloom on.
    Nvidia Control Panel settings: All global
    Vdash Cosworth Omega download here.
    Vdash Pi Research Omega D4 download here.
    Vdash Aim MXL download here.
    Vdash Formula Rookie download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 large download here
    Vdash 2D Dash download here

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flynny75 View Post
    I'm making a 'condition' dash to use new data types (tyre/brake/sus condition/temps) and using the wheel info view... But the colours are all wrong.

What do people think is a good temperature range for cold/hot/overheat that works across all tyres (the API doesn't provide the tyre). I know the brakes go green at about 600

The next update (soon) will require a server update for ETS2 and some missing pcars data

Temp Range - I shall ask the Gents their thoughts on this one
    Last edited by ZiggyUK; 18-07-2015 at 23:21.

Okay, guys, new dash is up (Da-da-da-dah!!!!!), The Pi Research Omega D4 used in the Aston Martin GT3 and the BMW GT2 cars. There are also variants of this dash used in the Palmer Jaguar and the Formula 3 cars, which I will add at a later time. Still to come in v2 is the led rev bar.

The only thing I wasn't able to include in this version is the bar markers. I just wasn't able to get them to line up where I wanted them. Basically I wanted a bar marker every ten segments up until the '8', but I couldn't get the markers to do that. Either I wasn't doing something correctly, or that part is bugged? Alex if you could download the dash and give it a look I would appreciate any tips, as you usually find a few things that I should have done a little differently. It would also be nice to have the option to have a bar marker starting at segment one, as in the real dash.

Other than that, I'm pretty chuffed about this one, and the app in general. I've been seeing lots of good comments and feedback regarding the app and the dashes, so good on you Alex, and good on the rest of you for putting the app out there!

Name:	Pi+Research+Omega+D4-0.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	212420

Name:	Pi+Research+Omega+D4-1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	212421

Name:	Pi+Research+Omega+D4-2.png 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	212422

Name:	Pi+Research+Omega+D4-3.png 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	212423
    CPU Intel I5 2500K@4.2ghz, Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V , Ram 8GB Patriot DDR3 1600mhz, GPU Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB OC Version, Monitors 3 Acer 23in. LED in surround 5901x1080, Steering wheelsThrustmaster T500 RS modified with quick-release steering hub for gt and formula one , OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit edition,Driving RIG rSeat V3, Frex sequential shifter, Leo Bodnar SLI PRO and button controllers
    PCars Visual Settings DX11, 5901x1080 bezel-compensated, AA off, AF x16, v-sync off, texture resolution high, vehicle detail ultra, reflections high, env map high, world detail high, shadows high, motion-blur 2, post-processing filters on, HDR off, grass off, heat haze on, lens flare on, bloom on.
    Nvidia Control Panel settings: All global
    Vdash Cosworth Omega download here.
    Vdash Pi Research Omega D4 download here.
    Vdash Aim MXL download here.
    Vdash Formula Rookie download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 download here
    Vdash Ginetta G40 large download here
    Vdash 2D Dash download here
    The following 2 users likes this Post: flynny75, Raymond de Vries