Thread: Car Setup confusion

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Car Setup confusion

Unlike a lot of posters I don't have too many gripes with PCars.

I have spent some time getting the game to run alright on MY machine.

The gripe I have is with car tuning. No not the nuts and bolts of what to alter and how.

My problem is with the saving of car tunes.

I just cant seem to figure out how to save a tune so I can find it.

I'm still back in the day with GPL, GTR,GTL and Nascar.

Would it be possible for someone who understands the process to jot down a few notes, or a tutorial or even a few pointers so I can get my head round this.

Its one of the only things I have a gripe with.

Ideally someone from SMS, who designed the system could lend a helping hand.

Many thanks

Oilseal
    My God what have you done?
    Look what your careless hands have wrought

AMD Phenom II x 6 /Radeon HD6870/ Ram 8gb/Win10/Thrustmaster T150 wheel/Logitech pedals

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    The tunes are not saved to a specific file for a start so you are not going to find it anywhere (this will be implemented sometime in the future)
    You can save your setups to all tracks or individual tracks from My Garage, or when in the pits at a track you can edit your setup and save for that track and car combo.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Roger
    I like the statement "this will be implemented sometime in the future"

I'll have a go at that. I think I've just got the wrong mind set. I'm expecting that type of system (I don't think I'm the only one either)

Regards

Oilseal

AMD Phenom II x 6 /Radeon HD6870/ Ram 8gb/Win10/Thrustmaster T150 wheel/Logitech pedals

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah I must admit that not being able to save setups to file or even save multiple setups is a pita but that's the way it is for now.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: BDR Daz

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilseal View Post
    Unlike a lot of posters I don't have too many gripes with PCars.

I have spent some time getting the game to run alright on MY machine.

The gripe I have is with car tuning. No not the nuts and bolts of what to alter and how.

My problem is with the saving of car tunes.

I'm still back in the day with GPL, GTR,GTL and Nascar.

Would it be possible for someone who understands the process to jot down a few notes, or a tutorial or even a few pointers so I can get my head round this.

Its one of the only things I have a gripe with.

Ideally someone from SMS, who designed the system could lend a helping hand.

Many thanks

Oilseal
    Perhaps I can help. Look at my link. Just look at my link. Just willing to help.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3z...TgG3gvyJUHRksQ
    For setups Formula A, B, and the McLaren 12C GT3, check my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3z...TgG3gvyJUHRksQ Please subscribe to my youtube channel!
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees
    Google+: Jack van Hees Twitter:@JackvHees Instagram: jack_van_hees
    Wanna win the Thrustmaster T300RS? Subscribe to my youtube channel.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DIXON76, FA RACING 01

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Jack
    Thanks for the post.
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow so wont be able to look at this until July.
    Please don't think I've not used your advise. I'll report back in July. Thanks very much for your post

Regards

Mike "Oilseal" Cooper

The following user likes this Post: Jack van Hees

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilseal View Post
    Hi Jack
    Thanks for the post.
    I'm going on holiday tomorrow so wont be able to look at this until July.
    Please don't think I've not used your advise. I'll report back in July. Thanks very much for your post

Regards

Mike "Oilseal" Cooper
    Have a good Holiday Mike. Enjoy!
    For setups Formula A, B, and the McLaren 12C GT3, check my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3z...TgG3gvyJUHRksQ Please subscribe to my youtube channel!
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jackvanhees
    Google+: Jack van Hees Twitter:@JackvHees Instagram: jack_van_hees
    Wanna win the Thrustmaster T300RS? Subscribe to my youtube channel.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    when in the pits at a track you can edit your setup and save for that track and car combo.
    So, if i'm in pits and make alterations to my setup and save, it will only save over the setup for that track and not save for every track?
    Ok, prepare to push it hard!

PSN The-Russian-71

DS4 user, Tilt to Turn

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Russian View Post
    So, if i'm in pits and make alterations to my setup and save, it will only save over the setup for that track and not save for every track?
    Yes.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 10700KF@Stock + UV | GPU ASUS TUF RTX3080 Gaming OC 10GB 1920MHz@900mV | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | MB MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | SSD 1 1000GB Patriot VPN100 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVME | SSD 2 1000GB Samsung 860-EVO | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Monitor Iiyama 34" Ultrawide Curved 3440x1440 | Wheel Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Formula V2 + CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC | Pedals Fanatec CSL Elite LC
    Second Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27

STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Hey there,

to me the system looks inconsistent or buggy sometimes. I experienced the following situation a few times after Patch 1.4:

Been racing the BMW Z4 GT3 @ Imola, modified the setup and saved it.
    After that race I took part in a race @RoadAmerica driving a Ginetta (GT4/5 Class, cant remember the exact name atm). It was the 1st time I've been driving that car.
    When I entered the setup, it revealed values on the sliders which I've set for the BMW before, they were way far from the default setting which should have been showing up.
    This happened only for the values which I changed with the BMW setup. I had to press revert to default to get the original values.