Thread: Triple screen nVidia card users - how's your performance?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Triple screen nVidia card users - how's your performance?

I know there's another thread on the front page about triple screen video cards, but that one was geared more towards ATi/AMD and I didn't want to derail the guy's post.

I'm trying to figure out how much video card I'll need to run three screens, 5760 x 1080 at a respectable framerate with decent quality settings. Not necessarily looking to max everything out.

I want to stick with an nVidia card, and am interested to see what kind of performance you guys are getting and what cards you're using.

Thanks for any advice.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm running 2 x GTX780Ti's in SLi on one 21:9 monitor with a resolution of 3440 x1440, so not quite pushing as many pixels as you want to.

With everything maxed I get between 50 - 60 fps usually but that does drop into the 40's with bad weather and lots of cars on track. But by dropping only a few graphic features by a notch I can maintain over 100 fps and don't notice any appreciable difference in image quality.
    Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 500GB SSD
    Fanatec CSW V2 w/CSP v 3.00 | Leo Bodnar SLI-PRO | Iiyama 40" ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 4k LED | HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Platform
    PC
    I've just upgraded to a 980ti and I'm very happy with what FPS I get now. I have settled on a config that's about 80ish on a TT and drops to low 70's when racing with AI. Not tried with rain yet, but as "Slim" mentions, maybe a small tweak here and there and I'll be back to acceptable levels.

For ref, this is what I run the settings at (taken from another thread I just posted it to):
    Visual FX Tab: Everything on
    Texture Res: High
    Texture Filt: 8x
    AA: DS2X
    FXAA - Off
    SMAA - Off
    Reflections: Low
    Env map: High
    Car Detail: Ultra
    Track Detail: Ultra
    Shadow: Low
    Blur: Off
    Render: 1
    Grass: off/low (doesn't seem to make a huge difference)
    Particle Level: High
    Particle Density: High
    Headlights Stretched: Yes

I then have NVidia FXAA enabled.

With Win10 changes and a new DX12 engine from SMS, then the 980ti will certainly be close to maxing out the graphic settings. With that future in mind maybe a pair of 970s would be a cheaper route, even if you have to give up some graphical goodness in the short term.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt