Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bentley Continental GT3 - Steering wheel and wheel position?

Platform
    PC

Bentley Continental GT3 - Steering wheel and wheel position?

When I first have test driven the Bentley Continental GT3, I was suprised how low the Steering wheel is in the car...

I was thinking this cannot be, it must be exremely uncomfortable to hold the wheel that low.

So I was watching the ADAC GT Masters race from the Red Bull Ring, and noticed, that the Steering wheel of the Bentley is much higher IRL then in the game, and it looks differently too.

In my opinion you can clearly see, that the steering wheel is much higher, and also is not a classic "Wheel shape", as in PCars.

Project Cars:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bentley 2.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	209288

And this is how it really looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bentley.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	209289
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass
    The following user likes this Post: Inbekannt

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Cockpit view, wheel OFF for me.
    The following user likes this Post: MUFFlerDRIVAR

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm View Post
    Cockpit view, wheel OFF for me.
    I like to use the wheel.

But again I just wanted to point out, that it is in the wrong place
    Roland | Németh

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    different cars/drivers seem to run with different wheels as it seems. i found this picture online:

different motec and wheel position to your picture and to ingame.
    i5-2500 - gtx770 - csl elite ps4
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Platform
    PC
    Interesting
    mainly since the cars are based on Homologisation, and that should not allow changing of the motec position for example.
    Roland | Németh

Platform
    PC
    Yet on both pictures the Wheel is higher then in the game.
    Roland | Németh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Also thought the wheel seemed wrong. Ian can you check into this or was this based on the test vehicle you used had the wheel so low. I like the animations on my wheel and I like the Bentley but I can't see my wheel.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    drivers have different preferences in the car because of their racing style, their body size or because of other reasons. in formula open wheel cars, seats need to be molded to a drivers back in order to make the most comfortable fit possible when racing in the car because of the way they are seated, you see it in the pc class in usc during pitstops when drivers make the change over, they pull that drivers seat out and insert another one into the car ahead of that new driver going in.

its the same for tin tops drivers, some like to have their seating closer to the wheel and pedals, others like to be further out, some like to be further up to see more of the car and others like to be lower down, and so pedals, wheel positions have to be moved accordingly to make it most comfortable for the driver otherwise you are going to have a situation where you got a tall driver trying to squeeze into a tiny cockpit frame and having legs going numb or arm pump or lower back pain or something else because the car is not setup correctly for them for example.
    | MoBo: X79 Extreme6/GB | Socket : i7-3820 @ 3.6GHZ | PSU: Silent Pro 1200W | HDD: 1TB Sata drive | GFX: EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 4GB | Mem: 16GB Corsair DDR3 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit | BenQ Senseye 22" 2ms | Drivers all up to date | Net Connection based on BT line reliability (For what little thats worth!) |
    The following user likes this Post: MUFFlerDRIVAR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Also the steering wheel is off center. If you look at the pic not only is it too low it's offset to the left

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Damn. Gotta go give Bentley a call and inform them that their CADs suck and are completely wrong.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, Wildcat270