Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TX 458 FF and Formula A cars-Shaking wheel

Platform
    XBOX1

Thrustmaster TX 458 FF and Formula A cars-Shaking wheel

I love this wheel and it works great for all cars. But with Formula A cars I have an issue that if I don't hold the wheel very tight, it will start shaking at will, even on the straights. Is it a Force Feedback setting? I have evrything at default except Master Scale that I put to 32 or 34 for all cars.

Please look at this short clip at Spa. At the start of the straight (after Eau-Rouge) and at the end of the straight the wheel shakes violantly.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.
    http://gamercards.exophase.com/650688.png

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW Leceur View Post
    I love this wheel and it works great for all cars. But with Formula A cars I have an issue that if I don't hold the wheel very tight, it will start shaking at will, even on the straights. Is it a Force Feedback setting? I have evrything at default except Master Scale that I put to 32 or 34 for all cars.

Please look at this short clip at Spa. At the start of the straight (after Eau-Rouge) and at the end of the straight the wheel shakes violantly.

I have the same issue,also with the Formula B car, I'm going to try lowering my tire force in global settings and lower my MZ settings in car options to see if that helps. What is your dead zone removal set at? Maybe it's set too high?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Your DOR is off aswell.. Go 270 and calibrate first. Then it matches ingame DOR. Maybe that helps a little.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It might also be due to your setup. Maybe if you put the car real stiff and low.. Not sure tho.

Platform
    PC
    Here are my FA FFB settings (using on PC 2.0 and XB 1.4). No shaking or clipping

Tire force - 100
    Per wheel movement - 0
    Per wheel movement squared - 0
    Wheel position smoothing - .04
    Deadzone removal range - .00
    Deadzone removal falloff - .00
    Linkage scale - 0
    Linkage stiffness - 1.0
    Linkage damping - 1.0
    Relative adjust gain - 0.98
    Relative adjust bleed - .35
    Relative adjust clamp - 1.00
    Scope knee - .70
    Scope reduction - .15
    Soft clipping (Half Input) - .00
    Soft clipping(Full Output) - .00

Spindle
    Master scale - 38
    Fx scale - 60
    FY scale - 40
    Fx scale - 70
    Mz scale - 30
    All smoothing at - 0
    Arm angle - 1500

Body and SOP
    Body scale - .01
    Body longitudinal scale - .01
    Body stiffness - 100
    Body damping - 100
    SoP scale - 38
    SoP lateral scale - 90
    SoP differential scale - 70
    SoP damping - 0
    | Lian-Li PC-08WX | i5-7600k@4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 | 32GB g.Skill Trident Z RGB | Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7 | Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme | Samsung Pro 960 M.2 | Win10 | Accuforce Pro - custom Sparco Rim | Fanatec V3 Pedals w/Perf Mod | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter | Triple curved 27s | HTC Vive |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DJ ALKOHOLIK, drjwizzle420

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thx all, will look into my settings once I get time from the misses to fire up the X1
    It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Platform
    XBOX1
    @Lagoa: when I calibrate with wheel in 270 when I can save the wheel just shakes left and right.
    @Tyler: great setings. Have adjusted overal ff from 85 to 100 for a bit more force.

Althoguh the shaking is better (read less) it is still there. I think it has mainly to do with the calibration that is still not right.

Platform
    PC
    Manually calibrating at 270 is fine IMHO and I was a major proproponent for it (my "Auto DOR per car" didn't start working until the newest Thrustmaster driver/firmware). This is just food for thought (like I said either way is fine)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1018066
    | Lian-Li PC-08WX | i5-7600k@4.2GHz | Thermaltake Water 3.0 | 32GB g.Skill Trident Z RGB | Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7 | Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Extreme | Samsung Pro 960 M.2 | Win10 | Accuforce Pro - custom Sparco Rim | Fanatec V3 Pedals w/Perf Mod | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter | Triple curved 27s | HTC Vive |

Platform
    XBOX1
    Why with calibrating in the game does the wheel shake after hitting A when the wheel is at 90 Degrees? Not normal I would say

Platform
    PC
    Agreed- mine just goes back to the center. Are you on the latest driver and firmware?

Edit- also make sure your soft clipping half input is 0 and not 0.1 (you have to reset because it doesn't save properly until 2.0)
    Last edited by PTG Ty1er Ward; 04-07-2015 at 15:47.