Thread: Built in notes

Platform
    PS4

Built in notes

Loving pCARS just cannot get enough, although with so much to do I keep losing track of where I got too, I literally have paper everywhere with notes on about setups lap times and all sorts of stuff.

It would be really handy if pCARS could build in a notes system seeing as we have keyboard support now. An easy way to note lap times for cars setup notes and other stuff maybe access through pause menu. It propably would work best in free practice for example. Iy doesnt nedd to be a fancy system just somewhere to type for each track and then reopens saved notes for each track. Doesnt have to save across everything.

Thoughts
    Last edited by jimmyb_84; 11-07-2015 at 10:19.
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: PC49NZ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hi.

I too keep a notebook, as I tend to play singleplayer. I keep notes of date, track, car and time and see if I can beat it however one of our PC members has bought out a very nice leader board and it covers everything with a good long list of where you are on the ladder if you can get fast enough to get on it, but it's a nice challenge.

But your idea is a good one, something you could use are sticky notes of course.

Regards,
    Jim. PC49NZ
    Computer Details: W10 64 bit, QUAD CORE, NVIDEA Ge Force GTX 570 1280MB GDDR 5,SLI DIRECTX 11 CPU: Intel Core 920 2.66GHz 8MB i7 2.67GHZ, 12GB Ram, twin Screens 1920 x 1080 HDMI.
    Logitech DFGT with pedals
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PC49NZ View Post
    Hi.

I too keep a notebook, as I tend to play singleplayer. I keep notes of date, track, car and time and see if I can beat it however one of our PC members has bought out a very nice leader board and it covers everything with a good long list of where you are on the ladder if you can get fast enough to get on it, but it's a nice challenge.

But your idea is a good one, something you could use are sticky notes of course.

Regards,
    Jim. PC49NZ
    Ive tried keeping notes but seem to lose them or the kids decide that they would look good with crayons on! If they are on the game they cannot get them
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have my laptop next to me to make notes of fastest times/car/track in google docs. For certain setups that seem to work I'll take pictures with my phone just in case I mess up and can't get back to what I had. Personally I feel pcars should store much more race and free practice data than it does. Surely stuff like that can be saved locally so it's not like they'd need server storage. The fact that post race times are limited to just the gaps is a bit laughable for any racing game, let alone a sim. Where's the fastest lap, sector/lap times and such? Be good to be able to look at timings for the previous race in the lobby as well.

One thing I'd really like to see implemented is a way to save setups under a name rather than just to each track. A particular setup could then be loaded rather than having to setup each track or tediously save them in the 'my garage'. Then you could have a few different generic setups for each car like 'smooth/fast track', 'high downforce/bumpy', 'monza #2', etc. You'd load a setup then make a few tweaks to refine things if needed. Be handy for testing different setups on the same track.

Would also be handy to rollback a setup to whatever was previous when in free practice.

Not for general notes or car setup notes, but at least for keeping track of your TT records, you can checkout one of these:

http://54.77.76.11/ (enhanced online leaderboards website)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Tracking-Tool (desktop java app)
    Last edited by hoodi4cars; 11-07-2015 at 11:15.
    OS: Win 7 Prof x64 MB: Asus Crosshair IV Formula RAM: 8GB 1066 CPU: AMD 1100T (stock) GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX Stereo Input: CSR Elite Wheel & Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Actually saving lap times/setups and so on is a whole new discussion... and not really the point of this thread. I shall have a look at that app might be useful, I use PC leader board to get an idea of my speed.

I appears people already make quite detailed notes I may have to get myself organised a bit better but it taking longer to play the game with turning laptop on, get keyboard connected, pens highlighters note book, tablet and so on... thank god I sold my fanatec wheel or I would of spent another 20mins setting that up too.
    YouTube Channel

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodi4cars View Post
    Not for general notes or car setup notes, but at least for keeping track of your TT records, you can checkout one of these:

http://54.77.76.11/ (enhanced online leaderboards website)
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Tracking-Tool (desktop java app)
    I downloaded it, but it's useless to me as I play on console and don't have a steam account. Any chance of a version just to store my own times?
    YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    I downloaded it, but it's useless to me as I play on console and don't have a steam account. Any chance of a version just to store my own times?
    I don't think it makes much sense to manually manage your entries in the tool. You'd have to manually type in our position, the current total position count of the leaderboard, your lap time, then look up the world record lap time and calculate the delta, etc. I guess the only thing that makes sense to do manually is to note the leaderboard (car + track) and your position. But for that you might as well just use an excel file. Because all the features of my tool are pretty useless unless you have detailed information about the entries.
    OS: Win 7 Prof x64 MB: Asus Crosshair IV Formula RAM: 8GB 1066 CPU: AMD 1100T (stock) GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX Stereo Input: CSR Elite Wheel & Pedals

Platform
    PS4
    Just created my own spreadsheet for keeping track of lap times in different cars.
    YouTube Channel