Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with organising longer clean races

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Help needed with organising longer clean races

I posted an invite for players to add me on PS4 for an endurance race this coming weekend, as i was sick of 5 lap races with things happening that i wont go into.

I don't have time to run or join a league, but would like to run a single race with like minded players. i had read on other posts that people were tired of trying to find clean players in long races. Yet i've had no takers? is there a better way to get my word out there? am i doing it wrong by offering open friend requests with invites from a private lobby?

I just cant think of any other way to get the opponents in. is it down to what track, cars lap amount i chose or what?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm on xbox and am having the same thoughts, as when I create a lobby I go min 8 laps in varied classes and may get 2 people join in a 15/30 minute practice. I have found the clio seems to bring in more interest but there are other cars in the game Id like to race so Im just hoping it will be somewhat resolved when the previously mentioned investigations and improvements to MP are released. (I may be putting people off cause I have damage on full no assists penalties on etc)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MXR SMILER View Post
    I'm on xbox and am having the same thoughts, as when I create a lobby I go min 8 laps in varied classes and may get 2 people join in a 15/30 minute practice. I have found the clio seems to bring in more interest but there are other cars in the game Id like to race so Im just hoping it will be somewhat resolved when the previously mentioned investigations and improvements to MP are released. (I may be putting people off cause I have damage on full no assists penalties on etc)
    Yes same here. i have it set up as real as possible, and i normally just offer GT as an option. Ive given up creating a lobby now, but thought using the forums would get me abit further, obviously not.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I was under the impression that PCars MP on PC was more accessible as you have lists of lobbies to choose from. If this is so then I guess its the difficulty - I spent a whole day setting up my BMW 320 GT at Imola in abandoned practice/quali sessions and when I had some bods join I could hear one of them getting rather frustrated as he couldnt drive the car ( all same locked ) without assists ( never did get a race in it) . Well I guess I will just have to allow assists.

MrFlibble81
    Try posting in the multiplayer event organizing topic. Probably get more luck there.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MXR SMILER, Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlibble81 View Post
    Try posting in the multiplayer event organizing topic. Probably get more luck there.
    Yeah I think I need to change the way I play the game as I have been a forza fan for a long time and I suppose I'm used to that lobby system and bf1,2,3,4 COD etc. This game demands more effort to get a race but the rewards are greater. I have had some really good experiences on line and lots of bad ones - and 1 or 2 that have been absolutely glorious. Still lovin it

MrFlibble81
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdan78 View Post
    I posted an invite for players to add me on PS4 for an endurance race this coming weekend, as i was sick of 5 lap races with things happening that i wont go into.

I don't have time to run or join a league, but would like to run a single race with like minded players. i had read on other posts that people were tired of trying to find clean players in long races. Yet i've had no takers? is there a better way to get my word out there? am i doing it wrong by offering open friend requests with invites from a private lobby?

I just cant think of any other way to get the opponents in. is it down to what track, cars lap amount i chose or what?
    What time zone are you in bud?

Dutchmountains
    i have had a race club in the time i was playing GT6 on PS 3.
    I build it up from nothing till the club it is today with almost 90 members.

What you best can do is to make a open lobby with the name clean only or something like that.
    Then you make some short races and make contact with other drivers.
    You also can see if the drivers are clean.
    After a couple of hours you have then maybe a few people who are thinking the same as you.

I did this to get new members for my raceclub.
    On a saturday afternoon i had in 3-4 hours two ore three new members.

Its worth a try.
    After a couple of days you can start to organise youre race.

Good luck.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MXR SMILER, smithdan78

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I just read that the xbox 1 mp lobby browser is in testing - gotta go change my pants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlibble81 View Post
    What time zone are you in bud?
    I am on UK time GMT. Was hoping to run at 1pm is on Saturday because the wife at work so I get the whole day on it