Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: custom races , multiclass, timed races, 24h replicas etc

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

custom races , multiclass, timed races, 24h replicas etc

So, first post on this forum, so first of all a warm-hearted hello to all of you petrolheads

I wanted to know what we can expect from the options we have for a custom race in Project cars. As i am a massive fan of the le mans 24h race, i have been very curious about pc. but as much as i love the game in general it upsets me a Little bit that there is apparently not that many Options for us to set up a custom race when in offline. firstly, multiclass frankly being a joke. if u r in an lmp1 and selecting multiclass you are only racing prototypes, modern lpm1 but also the 1999 BMW the c9, as well as other lmp2s. no gt3s as a full le mans Immersion, as they actually state on their Website, suggests secondly there is no Options to Limit your race lenght by time, only by laps. why not giving us that Option? apparently every endurance or gt racing uses times races. so its basically These two things that strike me in a negative way
    is there anyone, perhaps devs that can clarify on that as to whether is will perhaps appear in the game? thx in advance

btw, wasnt there formation laps when pc was beta tested? just curious
    The following 6 users likes this Post: doyley101, Linus27, Machinist90, mister dog, NemethR, Roger Lee

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    It's been discussed quite a bit here since launch and there are many of us that feel EXACTLY like you do, but I'm all for keeping the discussion alive. I try to post on it enough that our desires are felt by SMS without seeming impatient or whinny.

In my opinion, the one major thing that takes a would be sim into simcade territory is for multi-class races to include cars that would never race together in real life. It's my biggest knock on Forza.

When SMS adds those two major customizations that you discussed, timed races and custom grids, the competition is flat out done. I love rF2 for those options, but pCARS has simply (in a great way) ruined almost every other game for me.
    Asus Sabertooth Z97, EVGA GeForce 980, SeaSonic Platinum 1000W, i7-4790K 4.0Ghz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, Thrustmaster TX, GTE rim with SR Hardware SLI, TH8A, DSD Pro Sequential 2015, CSP V2 pedals, Clubsport handbrake, CPX adapter, Buttkicker Gamer, Buttkicker Home Theater 300, Accuforce Pro w/Momo mod30, Acer XB270H 27" monitor x 3
    The following user likes this Post: Linus27

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    And after seeing what SMS is capable of in a short period of time, the honesty and dedication that they operate by, and the level-headed minds that they have on their team, I'm sure that when this comes up on the to-do list, we'll be all smiles and white knuckles.
    Asus Sabertooth Z97, EVGA GeForce 980, SeaSonic Platinum 1000W, i7-4790K 4.0Ghz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, Thrustmaster TX, GTE rim with SR Hardware SLI, TH8A, DSD Pro Sequential 2015, CSP V2 pedals, Clubsport handbrake, CPX adapter, Buttkicker Gamer, Buttkicker Home Theater 300, Accuforce Pro w/Momo mod30, Acer XB270H 27" monitor x 3

Dutchmountains
    Yes cpme on please give us timed races and cudtom grids.
    please.
    it makes the game just better.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, totally agree. I adore Pcars, the actual racing is just totally amazing but by god is it frustrating at times. I actually went back to FR2 last night, set up a 2 hour race at Sebring driving the Nissan 370Z and selected the BTCC Civic, BTCC Focus, WTCC BMW, Megane, Clio and Fiat 500 Evo as my opponents. Added some rain at 25% race distance and off I went. Just amazing. Just wish I could do that in Pcars as RF2 would never get a look in.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    timed races...... come on youve already done 1 of them in the game
    I7 3970X 3.5ghz - 4.0ghz turbo
    16gb ram
    250gb SSD
    2TB HDD
    GTX690 4gb Vram
    Logitech G27...

Dutchmountains
    Quote Originally Posted by tyl3r99 View Post
    timed races...... come on youve already done 1 of them in the game
    Thats what is already in the game.
    We talk about organizing by yourself a race.

Platform
    PC
    +1 for true multiclass, timed races and mid session saves.

This game could be an endurance racers heaven by adding those 3 features.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: goon, NemethR

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by _zuluulu View Post
    So, first post on this forum, so first of all a warm-hearted hello to all of you petrolheads

I wanted to know what we can expect from the options we have for a custom race in Project cars. As i am a massive fan of the le mans 24h race, i have been very curious about pc. but as much as i love the game in general it upsets me a Little bit that there is apparently not that many Options for us to set up a custom race when in offline. firstly, multiclass frankly being a joke. if u r in an lmp1 and selecting multiclass you are only racing prototypes, modern lpm1 but also the 1999 BMW the c9, as well as other lmp2s. no gt3s as a full le mans Immersion, as they actually state on their Website, suggests secondly there is no Options to Limit your race lenght by time, only by laps. why not giving us that Option? apparently every endurance or gt racing uses times races. so its basically These two things that strike me in a negative way
    is there anyone, perhaps devs that can clarify on that as to whether is will perhaps appear in the game? thx in advance

btw, wasnt there formation laps when pc was beta tested? just curious
    Don't play offline and I may be misunderstanding the thread. Set your class to Track Day and that seperates the classes then turn identical cars to no. This works very well for GT3s and GT4s but not so well for other classes as some of the other classes have 1 car that overpowers the others. Like someone else said it will probably eventually get fixed. As far as timed races no answer for that one.

Been asking for this for some time +1
    System Specs: Intel i7 Quad Core @ 3.4 GHZ : Geforce GTX970 4GB : Soundblaster Audigy 2 : 8 GB RAM : Win7 64bit : Fatatec Clubsport Wheel : Fanatec Clubsport Pedals : Obutto Racing Cockpit : LG 34" UltraWide LCD Monitor : Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard : Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse : Butt Kicker Gamer 2 Bass Shaker.