Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [POST 31] Are Pit Stops Ruining Your League Too?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

[POST 31] Are Pit Stops Ruining Your League Too?

While I love the driving experience and almost everything about Project Cars, pitting in multiplayer is a disaster. There are many known issues in MP and those who run leagues are all too aware of them. I am one of those guys and I am involved in two other leagues that have either had to cancel races or severely alter their race format (avoid pitting at all costs) thus depriving many who play in leagues (or used to) the obvious benefit of pit strategy and everything that goes with being able to pit. That is no small void, to be sure. The issue was not fixed in patch 2.0 and I do not see it addressed in the next patch notes. Is there a reason? Am I missing something or does SMS still think this issue does not exist. For many, it's a game breaker. I know leagues are not your top concern because of sheer number, but many of the most knowledgeable, vocal, and dedicated players are in them. I ask anyone who runs a league...are pit stops so bugged in your league races that you have races essentially ended or ruined because of it?

Two leagues that run weekly races do the same thing. In fact, TORA, the league that the actual British GT Series (the series we also run) endorses, ran into an unmitigated disaster when it tried to host its first race and subsequent race (one of our members ran in this). They learned fast, as do all leagues, that to even attempt to run a league, you have to eliminate pit stops whenever you can. That is really a shame. Please do not dismiss us since we play on the xbox one. Many of us have been SIM racing for decades and many of us own PC's too. Pitting should not be complicated. Other games have had far more complex pit options, including many 5-10 year old NASCAR games. If you need to simplify it to make it work, I'm sure we would not mind. And yes, much of the time it does work when playing solo or online by yourself, but in a league event, pitting stands you a 50/50 shot at throwing your race away to a bug. That's our experience. We have had five (5) races so far and approximately 8-12 cars have been stuck in the pits, and everyone except one of seven experienced an otherwise fatal bug in the pits at Spa, whether it be not being released, wrong fueling, or incorrect tire pressure/type issues. The worst of these is being literally trapped in the pits. This has happened to me personally in two of five races. In three races, we didn't have to pit as a strategy. We try to follow the British GT race format to the letter where possible. How do we play? It varies. But we all have seen issues. If you include the other leagues, I'd venture to say upwards of 50 people have seen some pit bugs go unfixed. The other leagues gave up on pits. We will have to do so now. Hopefully, the league itself can continue, but people are getting frustrated, as you can imagine.

The following video(s) is/are typical of our experience. It was during a private lobby session at Spa, 41 laps, Thustmaster TX Wheel, GT3 cars, 7 drivers, with two stranded in the pits, one exiting the pits with red tires, and one having fuel not filled to the level selected. We were all in private party chat because the game is too unstable with multiplayer chat. Another identical situation at Oulton Park. Please take notice of this and fix it. You are causing a very dedicated segment of the racing SIM community to be disillusioned with your product. We don't want that because it's so compelling otherwise.

Post 2.0 @ Spa (59:30 mark):

Pre 2.0 @ Oulton (43:20 mark):

Platform
    XBOX1
    I was denied a damn good crack at winning a race in the last 5 laps of Spa (not in any lobby you're talking about), as I came rolling out the pits virtually on top of P1. Red tyre of death. I coulda wept.

I'm fairly certain the powers that be are well aware. You're not alone in your frustration but lately I've renewed faith in the direction this is taking. Priorities. I'd say this one's gotta be up there.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, OctoberDusk06

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Absolute true. We have the same problems and have cancelled our League because of the Pitstop Bugs. You canīt do serious Racing in this state, because this Bugs are Gamebreaking for a League or a Forum. At the moment we only do short Races without Pitstops, because we having extacly the same Problems as mentioned in the first Post. So please SMS fix it soon, so we can do proper Races.
    Last edited by P1ckN1cker2406; 19-07-2015 at 09:22.

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yesterday in the same race as OctoberDusk06, I pitted, was filled with fuel, but no tires, had to come back around and get tires using a different strategy. Checked all my strats after the race they all said, Change Tires [Yes]. My second pits stop where they actually changed the tires something was off with my tire pressures as my tires stayed red almost the whole rest of the race in the 260'F range. (GT3 BMW Z4 @ Spa) The pressures I started the race will the tires were in the correct state as I didnt' have one tire turn red.
    We knew going in that there were some issues, but didn't think that one pit would destroy our race. I'm just thankful that I didn't get stuck in the Pits like OctoberDusk06 and another driver. That's an issue I still don't see being addressed and we cannot seem to determine what variables cause this problem. I wish we could give the Dev's more info, but all we can provide is the video from above, and the specifics of the race settings so they may try to replicate on Xbox1.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, OctoberDusk06, P1ckN1cker2406, Raven403

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its not just league's it seems as Im now getting 'red tyre' after pitting in career. The issue was not present prior to 2.0. Its infuriating in career so I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened in a league race.
    XBOX ONE, 51" Goggle box, Playseat Evo, Thrustmaster TX, GTE wheel, an old pair of TOMS and a wifey to bring refreshments!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, P1ckN1cker2406

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    See if this link can help ya'll out.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-here-for-tips
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox Series X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LGCX48OLED
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, KkDrummer, OctoberDusk06

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I agree that this is really a big issue that needs sorting out. I was really looking forward to the strategy options in this game but it seems that in the multiplayer game at least it's a bit too much of a lottery to have it included as part of any league package. Reformatting the league to shorter races so you can remove the need for the pit stops is really the only way forward at the moment but this also means having to relax the weather settings in the game so as not to force anyone to make a pit stop when that changes and this is such a shame when the weather is so well implemented.

I sincerely hopw this issue is being looked at as the top pririty for the next patch so we can enjoy this superb game to it's fullest.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OctoberDusk06, Raven403

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    See if this link can help ya'll out.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-here-for-tips
    You're not being helpful to link to a different thread that just reiterates what should work but isn't working. All we ask is simple. Give us the ability to create multiple pit strategies and then without failure make sure that the selected pit strategy is executed exactly as saved. The fact that we still don't know if the right amount of fuel will be added or if the right tire compounds will be fitted at the right pressure is a huge issue. This should be very simple. Saved pit strategies or adjusted on the fly in the pits should always result in the correct changes being applied to the car every single time.

Endurance racing and longer races are such a huge part of racing and the bugged pits is making this impossible to try and run leagues with these conditions. Please, fix this as soon as possible so the leagues races can finally implement the rules without second guessing what will happen in the pits.
    Steam: DuskyDemon
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, NoRegrets702, Raven403

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well said G33k, cause even after doing everything that was "recommended" I still somehow managed to get no tires on one stop, and then Supposedly they put the correct tires and pressures on the car, but after that stop my tires were basically red for the remainder of the race. I don't remember SO MANY problems with the pits before Patch 1.3. But a quick Pit menu that can be accessed on the Fly would be a great addition. Normally in real life you can talk to your Pit Engineer and set your strategy before entering the pits. Also I don't know what kind of Perverts I have working for me, but they are always fumbling their nuts! Can't I get a clean stop and let everyone fight it out on the track???
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, OctoberDusk06

Platform
    PC
    Our league has tyre wear off at the moment until its fixed. We tend to race 50 laps and above endurance races so we still pit for fuel/repairs... its a work around and the races are still great fun. Not ideal I know.
    i7-8700k, liquid cooled, 1080Ti. Oculus Rift VR, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Universal Hub SQ Shifter, Pedals V3, GT Omega Pro cockpit
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, Hammerpgh, OctoberDusk06