Thread: Recover from grass in rain?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Recover from grass in rain?

I have been getting much better in rain although I dont play much other then for looks and fun but when I get bumped into grass in teh rain I find it impossible to get out, I spin tires even trying to get back to road. Then with green tires, I can not put any power down without spinning sideways even when back on the road?

I get slippery and being real but race is over once I hit the grass, is it a setup thing? I sue automatic by weather in quick races should i try certain tire and PSI?

Platform
    PC
    You have to be very smooth on the throttle. FWD cars are especially difficult in the wet because when you accelerate, weight transfers to the rear, even further reducing traction. Also if the rain came mid-race, your car is probably still on slicks so you should pit and put on wets.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    In real motor racing recoveries on wet grass are unlikely unless you are very lucky and or very skilled.

Adjusting your tyre PSI or anything on your car setup for that matter in case you find yourself on wet grass is a bad move. You dont setup a car to drive on the grass. You set it up to drive on the tarmac.

Avoid the grass. If you do find yourself on the grass use quarter throttle and smooth steering inputs with very little steering angle.. only make very small turn adjustments while on the grass and keep the car on the grass until you can move it on to the tarmac without turning sharply.

If you keep finding yourself on the grass maybe try turning on some/all of the assists.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Even when you've turned all assits off there's a help on grass in wet and dry conditions. But you must be gentle with the throttle and get a feeling how the car reacts.
    If life gives you lemons than make lemonade out of it
    Xbox gamertag Psychomantyx .....
    Favorite Racinggames: Assetto Corsa - PCars - F1 2017 and lot others since Grand Prix Legends ..........

Platform
    PS4
    Dirty tires maybe after your off-road excursion? Noticeable on slicks in the dry with Lotus 98T and Formula A.
    Go easy on the throttle and the next few corners - may also be that you're anxious to get back on pace and are being aggressive, especially while you're fighting for position or under pressure.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Hehhehee Hkraft Knows about all this don't ya buddy

Only joking bud !

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Hehhehee Hkraft Knows about all this don't ya buddy

Only joking bud !
    Know it all too well mate. Magnetic sand, sticky grass... Shoveled so much dirt in the FGulf at Imola last week pCars can release a rally game without beta testing.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10