Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Request] SMS please change the START UP button to A.

Platform
    XBOX1 X

[Request] SMS please change the START UP button to A.

Hello SMS!

First of all - there is a simple solution, but a long explanation.

Could you please change the button that Starts Up this beautiful game, from "Start/Menu" button to "A" button on Xbox One - just like the PS4 owners have their "X" button to Start Up the game.

The reason is - some of us enjoy this amazing game with an aftermarket wheel (with no buttons) on the Thrustmaster TX base, and tho we can finally navigate the menus with the XB1 controller, we can't start the game with a controller, and then race with the wheel, because the game then thinks we wan't to race with a controller and not a wheel. Which can't be changed in-game.

The thing is - the "A" button does the exact same thing as the "Enter" button on a keyboard, which works in the game on Xbox One also. So if "A" was the button to start up the game - so would "Enter" be on a keyboard.

A simple solution would be: change the button that starts the game up on Xbox One to the "A" button just like the PS4 already have it. (only it is called the "X" button)

Please, please make this little change on the Xbox One version.

Like this on PS4: http://youtu.be/s3_Thd_1OLw
    My setup: Xbox One X, LG OLED 65" 4K tv, Thrustmaster TX base, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, Logitec keyboard, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!
    The following user likes this Post: xxTheGoDxx

Platform
    PC
    How about the ubiquitous "any" button.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benja190782, GenBrien

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    How about the ubiquitous "any" button.
    That could do it also.

I just thought it would be easier to make the "A" button do the job, because that is how SMS have already made it on the PS4 version of PCARS.

Actually it's kind of odd it's not the same on both consoles..
    My setup: Xbox One X, LG OLED 65" 4K tv, Thrustmaster TX base, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, Logitec keyboard, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!

Platform
    PC
    I never understood the need for a start button in the first place. You have no other option at that point except to turn the game back off so why not just start automatically?
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ashasha, fa-racing, GenBrien

Platform
    XBOX1
    If you turn that funky little switch to the left on the TX is starts the car.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ashasha View Post
    If you turn that funky little switch to the left on the TX is starts the car.
    I'm not talking about starting the car, mate! I'm talking about starting the hole game up, just before the intro!

It needs to be the "A" button instead.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd argue why does that screen need to be in the game at all, why can't it boot straight into the menu?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Benja190782, tgrey, VBR

Alexandru Marian
    We are already on this and it has already been changed for next patch.

For reference, that screen is needed on consoles so we can figure out who is playing the game and on what controller - keep in mind that there might be multiple users logged in at the same time on the console and/or multiple controllers connected to it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Mad LL, Pressure Drop, VBR

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru Marian View Post

For reference, that screen is needed on consoles so we can figure out who is playing the game and on what controller - keep in mind that there might be multiple users logged in at the same time on the console and/or multiple controllers connected to it.
    That is why I love SMS - you guys always listen to us, and always try to answer our questions. That alone should make you The Best Game Developer in 2015.

Thank you, SMS - I understand that on the consoles we need to Log In before starting the game, but will this fix mean that we could even Log In just by pressing "Enter" on a USB-keyboard with the Xbox One? As that button is the same as "A" on our controller.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandru Marian View Post

For Xbox can't you use the kinect sensor to sense who's signed in, wasn't this one of the points of sale for the kinect? Or is the kinect not used at all?